SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklp77 View Post
I appreciate your response. Now that I know how to compress - is there any way to compress to other codecs like Xvid? I installed Xvid but it doesn't show up as an compression options. Do I need to edit an .xml file?
Try evilpenguins DVD burning / compression STVi, there you can select different encoding methods

Dirk
Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am liking SageMC, but I am wondering - is there anyway to skip forward a day at a time in the guide using a keyboard or a mouse?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I am liking SageMC, but I am wondering - is there anyway to skip forward a day at a time in the guide using a keyboard or a mouse?
Yes, you can press NumberOfDays followed by FFW or REW, so e.g. if you want to skip 3 days ahead you press 3 followed by FFW

Dirk
Old 09-07-2007, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
It sounds like they don't just contain the one video file, but the associated files with it, like covers/posters and .my file or such. I do the same thing. Each folder contains the movie and associated movie posters (sometimes up to 20). It's just what us obsessive compulsive guys do to keep things organized.
Ok, the next version will have a display setting for this...

Dirk
Old 09-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Sage Expert

DVD Profiler 2.4 still working?

Sorry if this has been covered, I've tried searching and haven't been able to pinpoint whether others are having this same problem with DVDP 2.4 or whether it's been noted before.

I had MC and DVDP 2.4 working well for months, then had to do a complete overhaul of my system due to other (freezing) issues. When I re-installed everything, I updated everything to the latest (a few weeks ago). So I'm on Sage 6.2.6.148 and SageMC 6.3.3c.

I'm still trying to use DVD Profiler 2.4 because the last I heard there were problems with 3.0. Here's my problem: Whenever I try to refresh my meta-data, or just update a single dvd with Profiler meta-data directly (using DVD Profiler import), I get the error "Collection.xml not found." Actually, that's not completely true: the very first dvd I try after a restart of the UI works fine every time. (so I know it's not an incorrect path or something like that). But it will only work for that first one. Every one after that gives me the Collection.xml error.

Should I be able to get this to work, or has an update been made to enable 3.0 to work that's somehow broken 2.4?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

In the SageMC options for SageMC you need to define the path to where you export your collection.xml file. I store mine in the SageMC directory and export to there from DVD Profiler. And DVDProfiler 3.0 works very well with the latest SageMC. You just need to make sure to redefine the path where the images are stored. It has changed with 3.0 and ends up in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default\

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
In the SageMC options for SageMC you need to define the path to where you export your collection.xml file. I store mine in the SageMC directory and export to there from DVD Profiler. And DVDProfiler 3.0 works very well with the latest SageMC. You just need to make sure to redefine the path where the images are stored. It has changed with 3.0 and ends up in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default\

Gerry
I have defined the path. I've even changed it and re-defined it a few times to make sure, but I'm pretty confident that's not the problem because if I just re-start the UI, it will correctly import the Profiler information the first time I do it. But it only works correctly once, then it starts giving the collection.xml error (or sometimes it actually causes the UI to lose the connection to the server.

It looks like I need to upgrade to 3.0 anyway, as it looks like 2.4's not even letting you download new dvd profiles anymore. So I'm glad to hear that's working. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference, though I'm not sure why it would since all SageMC needs is to read the xml file right?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
I have defined the path. I've even changed it and re-defined it a few times to make sure, but I'm pretty confident that's not the problem because if I just re-start the UI, it will correctly import the Profiler information the first time I do it. But it only works correctly once, then it starts giving the collection.xml error (or sometimes it actually causes the UI to lose the connection to the server.

It looks like I need to upgrade to 3.0 anyway, as it looks like 2.4's not even letting you download new dvd profiles anymore. So I'm glad to hear that's working. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference, though I'm not sure why it would since all SageMC needs is to read the xml file right?
If you enable debug logging, do you see any errors in the log file ?

Dirk
Old 09-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
If you enable debug logging, do you see any errors in the log file ?

Dirk
I'll try to check and see, but at this point I may just try to upgrade to 3.0 and not worry about it unless the same error shows up there too...
Old 09-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Ok, the next version will have a display setting for this...

Dirk
Ahh great, Thanks Dirk.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
AFAIK, the easist way is to run dirmon2, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16318 , and have it monitor your recording folders and have it trigger comskip, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16237 , or ShowAnalyzer, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12242 , for the commercials.

SageMC has a commercial skip processor, but IIRC, it is old code and dirmon2 is the better way to trigger the scanning. Then as long as the .txt or .edl file is there, SageMC will use them to skip the commercials.
Is this true Flachbar? I am just getting ready to play with commercial detection, and I don't wanna waste time with other apps if I do not need to.

What I'd really like to do is just choose to process commercial skipping on an episode by episode basis. I don't need all my shows processed, just ones I designate.

Last edited by kricker; 09-11-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Is this true Flachbar? I am just getting ready to play with commercial detection, and I don't wanna waste time with other apps if I do not need to.

What I'd really like to do is just choose to process commercial skipping on an episode by episode basis. I don't need all my shows processed, just ones I designate.
Hi Karl,

yes there is a simple comskip processor implemented in SageMC, which scans all recordings every 60 seconds and starts comskip on new files. But this is pretty old code, and I personally have never used it, so I don't even know if it still works. Also, bear in mind it is hardcoded to use "comskip" (so it's not possible to use SA), and there's no way to set any filtering.

Setting up Dirmon is a breeze, and a much more flexible solution.

Dirk
Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Karl,

yes there is a simple comskip processor implemented in SageMC, which scans all recordings every 60 seconds and starts comskip on new files. But this is pretty old code, and I personally have never used it, so I don't even know if it still works. Also, bear in mind it is hardcoded to use "comskip" (so it's not possible to use SA), and there's no way to set any filtering.

Setting up Dirmon is a breeze, and a much more flexible solution.

Dirk
OK. Thanks for the info. Time to play with new apps then
Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Sage User

Imported Video IMDB Thumbnails

Hi,

I having been using Sage for over 2 years and never really paid attention to SageMC until this week when I finally gave it a go- it is a heck of an STV (although I would almost call it a complete solution)!

Everything seems to be working well except for thumbnails from IMDB for imported videos. I can see thumbnails for TV shows, but I have yet to see one for any imported movies. The text is fine (cast, trivia, etc). I can go on the IMDB page and see the thumbnail there, but it won't download (don't see the thumbnails in the IMDBCache directory either).

Don't know if it helps, but I am using Sage 6.2.8 in server mode and SageMC 6.3.3c. I attached the log file too.

I would appreciate any help!
-Allen
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (263.3 KB, 267 views)
Old 09-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Google and YouTube videos appear to be broken again. I'm using SageMC 16x9 Build v6.3.3c and beta 6.25 (was working about 2 weeks ago the last time I tried).

Error message reads:

The video download failed.
Error: The requested video was not found on the server.

Happens for all google and Youtube stuff. I do get the Video List with thumbnails though!
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Google and YouTube videos appear to be broken again. I'm using SageMC 16x9 Build v6.3.3c and beta 6.25 (was working about 2 weeks ago the last time I tried).

Error message reads:

The video download failed.
Error: The requested video was not found on the server.

Happens for all google and Youtube stuff. I do get the Video List with thumbnails though!
Thanks,
Shawn
You beat me to the punch,I noticed this last night as well. Working fine in the standard STV though. Interestingly, it appears that google picks does work, but when I use search I get the same error/symptoms described by Shield.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Working fine in the standard STV though.
Andy, were there any new updates to the default STV ?

Dirk
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Andy, were there any new updates to the default STV ?
Not since the last online video changes I sent to you.

I tried it last night when I read this & it worked in the default STV, so I just thougth they were using something out of date. Does it fail for you too? If not, they should double check their SageMC STV version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Not since the last online video changes I sent to you.

I tried it last night when I read this & it worked in the default STV, so I just thougth they were using something out of date. Does it fail for you too? If not, they should double check their SageMC STV version.

- Andy
I just checked, YouTube seems to work fine, but on Google Video I get

Code:
Mon 9/17 12:25:09.108 sage.media.rss.RSSException: RSSParser::parse fails: Prema
ture end of file.Mon 9/17 12:25:09.109  at sage.media.rss.RSSParser.parse(Unknow
n Source)
Mon 9/17 12:25:09.109   at sage.media.rss.RSSParser.parseXmlFile(Unknown Source)
for "Top 100 New Videos" and "Popular Videos", and the "Movies" section is empty (without exception). Double checked default STV (6.2.7), same happens there...

Dirk
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Will be added in the next version

Dirk
sa-weet!
Closed Thread