SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

here's another request for autotune after timeout
Old 09-03-2007, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcddream View Post
here's another request for autotune after timeout
Will be added in the next version

Dirk
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid View Post
Can one go back to the Video folder view from 6.33a...I updated to the revised 6.33C (the fix for YouTube...) and it added another folder level to the video section...I can go back to 6.33a but then I lose the YouTube Fix..

Thanx
The only thing that changed in 6.3.3c is that single videos will also be shown in a folder. This had been requested over and over again in the past, and there's no way to get the old behavior back...

Dirk
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklp77 View Post
I have no idea how to compress recorded shows. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Go to the Program Info screen, and select "Send To..." -> "Compressed Video"

Dirk
Old 09-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage User

Xvid compression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Go to the Program Info screen, and select "Send To..." -> "Compressed Video"
Dirk
I appreciate your response. Now that I know how to compress - is there any way to compress to other codecs like Xvid? I installed Xvid but it doesn't show up as an compression options. Do I need to edit an .xml file?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The only thing that changed in 6.3.3c is that single videos will also be shown in a folder. This had been requested over and over again in the past, and there's no way to get the old behavior back...

Dirk
Thank you for your quick response...I noticed that I can get the old behavior back if I (1)Select each movie file, not the folder, under Manage Video-may take a while...I have over 900 movies...(2)Move all movie info out of my folders and into the root directory...However this appears to affect my setup with XBMC...Maybe I can mod it thru Studios..I'll give it a shot
Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid View Post
Thank you for your quick response...I noticed that I can get the old behavior back if I (1)Select each movie file, not the folder, under Manage Video-may take a while...I have over 900 movies...(2)Move all movie info out of my folders and into the root directory...However this appears to affect my setup with XBMC...Maybe I can mod it thru Studios..I'll give it a shot
So you really have 900 folders, and in each there is just a single video file ? If you don't mind asking, why would you do that ?

Dirk
Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
So you really have 900 folders, and in each there is just a single video file ? If you don't mind asking, why would you do that ?

Dirk
It sounds like they don't just contain the one video file, but the associated files with it, like covers/posters and .my file or such. I do the same thing. Each folder contains the movie and associated movie posters (sometimes up to 20). It's just what us obsessive compulsive guys do to keep things organized.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Sage User

Hi, I have a problem that's been bugging me for a while. I am pretty sure it's an issuie with sagemc because in the default stv it does not occur.

What's happening is it is cutting off the year of the original air date and the pm/am of the time the recording aired. (see screen shot in attached file) This happens on all recordings and every other field is fine and does not cut off anything. This happened after I upgraded to 6.3.3c. I was running sage software version 6.2.6. I upgraded to 6.2.7 and it did not fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagecutoff.JPG (46.2 KB, 242 views)
Old 09-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

In searching this thread back in May a couple of users indicated that comskip wasn't working on their MVP's using SageMC as the user interface. I just purchased an MVP and comskip isn't working on my MVP - but it does work on my main Sage server PC running SageMC. Did anyone figure out why comskip wasn't working? My symptoms are exactly like others have described - the video time line bar at the bottom of the screen on the MVP does not show the sections to be skipped - it shows a solid green bar. When I open the same show on the main server pc the comskip sections are shown and the PC skips them correctly.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Dan
Old 09-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have you checked the settings from your MVP interface to make sure that you have commercial skip enabeled ??

Remember that the MVP has it's own set of settings that are seperate from the ones on the client that runs on your server.
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

On the MVP when I go to settings on the main screen, the SageMC menu item is not there like it is on the server PC. Are the MVP settings kept in a properties file? Is so what is the name of it?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ah Ha... That sounds like you need to set your MVP to use SageMC..

Go to Settings / Detailed Settings /Advanced & look at the "SageTV Application package" Setting..

I'm betting right now yours says SageTV3.xml
If so click on it & select SageMC_169.xml

Yoy will be asked if you want to load it, select yes

Then you should see the SageMC settings & be able to get comskip working.

Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually I am using the correct STV on the MVP. Both the MVP and the Sage server on the PC are using SageMC with the correct .xml file. I assume the properties file for the MVP is called SageClient.properties. When I scan this file for settings it says the following: commercial_auto_skip=true so I assume that is what needs to be enabled for comskip to work. I have attached the SageClient.properties file in hopes that someone more knowledgeable than me can make sure that it is setup correctly.

Thanks!

Dan
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageClient.properties.txt (36.7 KB, 207 views)
Old 09-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, Are you running Sage as a Service on your server?? If so, instead of having it log in as System, have it log in as an user (I have mine logging in as the default Admin) . Doing that resolved the comskip issues on my MVP.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
I assume the properties file for the MVP is called SageClient.properties.
Just so you know: the MVP and Placeshifter properties files are stored in the "clients" subdirectory where SageTV is installed. I think the properties file starts with the MAC address or sometihng like that... if you have multiple remote clients, you may have to experiment to figure out which is which.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

95Tbird - I am running it as a service and it was logged in as system. I changed it to the user admin and there was no change. It still doesn't comskip on the MVP.

Andy - I didn't realize there was a separate file. When I opened the MVP properties file there were only 37 entries or so. I noticed that it did not have the commercial_auto_skip=true statement that my sageclient.properties file had - so I added it to the MVP properties file and it still doesn't comskip. Does the MVP read this file when it turns on or is it the sage server that reads the file. In other words what do I need to do to get the MVP to see this change? Do I need to reboot the sage server PC(I didn't try that, as I ran out of time when I was home at lunch)?

I want to thank both of you for your assistance!!

Dan

P.S. - One other issue I am having on the MVP is the following: When I turn the MVP on with the remote and then navigate to MY TV the select Recordings then click on the show's name and then click play - all I hear is the sound from the show. I have waited as long as 3 minutes and no video comes up on the screen. However if I hit OK on the remote 5 times in a row or so the picture comes up on the TV. The above sequence only happens on the first show that I try to play after turning the MVP on. Do you have any idea what might be causing this? If you look back at my previous post I thought it had something to do with the little preview window in the lower left of the SageMC STV - but I don't think that is the case.

Again any insight would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dan:

I'm not sure, but one difference that I noticed between your setup & mine is that I use UNC paths rather than drive letters... I wonder if this could be causing your comskip to have problems on your MVP. Try going into your setup & re-doing your directories as UNC & see if that helps.

As far as the sound & no video issue, I have never seen that before, But I would try unplugging the MVP from its power supply for 10 mins or so & then plugging it back in. That will make it reload the software. Worth a try...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuZombie View Post
Hi, I have a problem that's been bugging me for a while. I am pretty sure it's an issuie with sagemc because in the default stv it does not occur.

What's happening is it is cutting off the year of the original air date and the pm/am of the time the recording aired. (see screen shot in attached file) This happens on all recordings and every other field is fine and does not cut off anything. This happened after I upgraded to 6.3.3c. I was running sage software version 6.2.6. I upgraded to 6.2.7 and it did not fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
Can you send me your property file (PM me for email address) ? I am not able to reproduce this, and I can't find anything in the code that could be causing it

Dirk
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
It sounds like they don't just contain the one video file, but the associated files with it, like covers/posters and .my file or such. I do the same thing. Each folder contains the movie and associated movie posters (sometimes up to 20). It's just what us obsessive compulsive guys do to keep things organized.
Yeah, haven't thought about this before
I'll look at it again, but no promises...

Dirk
Closed Thread