SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Think I got it working. I had not enabled dynamic menus in the settings.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is it possible/likely that many of the newer 6.2.5 options will be implemented into SageMC?

Things Like:

The new search function
Options for setting Mpeg4 decoder
Options for number of digits in channel, and autotuning them after timeout
Old 08-18-2007, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, I updated the IMDB stuff. That fixed most of it. But, I'm NOt getting any actor pictures. I am only getting movie cover pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
I should have searched harder before psoting. Basically, you need to download the IMDB Search (6.5). Its way back on page 3 of the customization forum list.

Anyway, once you do that, all is well. My IMDB searching is working fine and my fiance is once again pleased with me.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Missing prompt to allow a tuner channel change?

Hi all

Has anybody seen the prompt from Sage askign the viewer of live TV if the current channel can be chaged to allow an other recording?

I've seem occaisions when watching timeshifted recordings (its still recording and I'm wtaching several minutes behind live) when the tick sounds occurs and the onscreen Info appears at top and bottom of the screen. This never goes away unless I press the Info button.

This has just happened and after pressing stop at the end of the recording I find that the first few minutes of the next recording scheduled for that tuner is missing so I wonder if the channel change popup work on SageMC.

This is with SageTV 6.1.9.135 and SageMC 6.3.3a.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Just upgraded to 6.2.6RC Beta - and there is a feature in the default STV that is missing from SageMC.

There's an "auto-tune after timeout" feature now in the default STV - enabling it doesn't have any effect in SageMC. That would be a nice addition.

Also, once 6.2 goes official, will we get an updated "Detailed Setup" menu in SageMC that picks up the new fields that are now scattered throughout the default STV?

SageMC rocks and I love it. Keep up the good work.

Please Please Please
Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Just upgraded to 6.2.6RC Beta - and there is a feature in the default STV that is missing from SageMC.

There's an "auto-tune after timeout" feature now in the default STV - enabling it doesn't have any effect in SageMC. That would be a nice addition.

Also, once 6.2 goes official, will we get an updated "Detailed Setup" menu in SageMC that picks up the new fields that are now scattered throughout the default STV?

SageMC rocks and I love it. Keep up the good work.

Please Please Please
There are a few fields in detailed setup that are also missing now, like display aspect ratio. That had me chasing my tail for a few hours trying to figure out why I was seeing letterboxing on my 16:9 display.

I don't mind dropping out of sagemc to change detailed settings, though it's a pain. But it would be good if all the options were there or none were there, just so it's clear where you have to change things.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

6.3.3c bug report

Ok, I am now running 6.2.6 RC with 6.3.3c of SageMC. Things generally work fine, but there is a big problem with how imported videos works.

I have my imported videos directory set to a directory called Videos. Inside Videos, there are 4 folders: DVDs, Internet, ReplayTV, and Archived Movies.

When in the Filesystem view, I used to get 4 folders and their subfolders displayed when selecting Videos in SageMC. Now, I get all of the contents of all of the folders showing up when in the Filesystem view, with no folder structure shown which is a big problem.

Is there some setting I've missed or this is a bug? I'd like the whole folder structure to be viewed like before.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Ok, I am now running 6.2.6 RC with 6.3.3c of SageMC. Things generally work fine, but there is a big problem with how imported videos works.

I have my imported videos directory set to a directory called Videos. Inside Videos, there are 4 folders: DVDs, Internet, ReplayTV, and Archived Movies.

When in the Filesystem view, I used to get 4 folders and their subfolders displayed when selecting Videos in SageMC. Now, I get all of the contents of all of the folders showing up when in the Filesystem view, with no folder structure shown which is a big problem.

Is there some setting I've missed or this is a bug? I'd like the whole folder structure to be viewed like before.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm seeing the same thing after installing 6.3.3c....

As a temporary fix i'm using the groups view but it took forever to place all my movies in correct groups this way.

Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got a similar setup - "Videos" top level folder with 3 or 4 sub folders underneath it. I do NOT see this problem however.

The Videos folder isn't on the Sage Server - it's on my dedicated file printserver. Don't know if that makes a difference.....
Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
I'm seeing the same thing after installing 6.3.3c....

As a temporary fix i'm using the groups view but it took forever to place all my movies in correct groups this way.

Juc
Do you see any errors in the log if you enable debug logging ?

Dirk
Old 08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've got a similar setup - "Videos" top level folder with 3 or 4 sub folders underneath it. I do NOT see this problem however.

The Videos folder isn't on the Sage Server - it's on my dedicated file printserver. Don't know if that makes a difference.....
Mine aren't local either. Everything on a big NAS.

Thanks,
mike
Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Sage Icon

OK-i figured out my problem with the imported videos not showing properly in the folder view. I think it can be attributed to either a corrupt .xml file or import. When i switched back to just the default sagemc.xml file everything worked fine. I was then able to re-import the imports i wanted and all is still working. I'm not sure if it was the imports that caused the problem during the upgrade but try switching back to the default sagemc and that should work.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Are there instructions for getting commercial skip working with SageMC buried somewhere in this thread?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are there instructions for getting commercial skip working with SageMC buried somewhere in this thread?
It just works. I think it wants edl files, at least I know that is what works for me.

thanks,
mike
Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
AFAIK, the easist way is to run dirmon2, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16318 , and have it monitor your recording folders and have it trigger comskip, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16237 , or ShowAnalyzer, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12242 , for the commercials.

SageMC has a commercial skip processor, but IIRC, it is old code and dirmon2 is the better way to trigger the scanning. Then as long as the .txt or .edl file is there, SageMC will use them to skip the commercials.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 08-22-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

YouTube fix

FYI: I updated version 6.3.3c with the latest YouTube fix, simply re-download the dev package.

Dirk
Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVD Profiler question

I just upgraded my dvd profiler to ver3 and I'm having problems with getting Sage to see new and updated cover images. What needs to be done to get this to work correctly?

Thanks.

I apologize if this has been covered before, but a couple searches didn't spell it out for me.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Sage User

Compression under SageMC

I have no idea how to compress recorded shows. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Sage User

5.1 vs. simple stereo

I've been ripping DVD that I own and playing them on SageMC. It seems the default audio is 5.1. How do I default it to stereo?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 08-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Sage User

Can one go back to the Video folder view from 6.33a...I updated to the revised 6.33C (the fix for YouTube...) and it added another folder level to the video section...I can go back to 6.33a but then I lose the YouTube Fix..

Thanx
Closed Thread