SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I just uploaded 6.3.3b which fixes the issue in the video library. The core change also affected the photo library, which has also been fixed (it also required an update of the sagemc JAR).

Dirk
Looks good, thanks for the offical fix. I knew that I didn't want to be going in and just replacing GetMediaFile with GetShowFile willie-nillie. I did just enough to fix the problem I had.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, while I was messing with the GetShowFile issue, I started looking at doing some filtered menus.

Quote:
Filtered Menus for Video and Music Library

It is now possible to have separate 'views' onto your music and video library, by pre-filtering the existing media files based on the import folder path. Basically, you can create one or more menu items for the 'My Videos' and 'My Music' menus and associate a specific import folder path with it. When you enter the library, only media files matching the import path will be displayed.

This filtering has been implemented with the 'doclet' functionality of the dynamic menus. Here is an example how to set it up:

1) Enter the following xml text into a text editor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
<internalScreenMenuItem
screen="My Music"
title="Classical Music">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "\\\\mediapc\\music\\Classic")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>

2) Edit the 'PathFilterExpr' and change it to the import path you want to filter on. Note that this has to match the folder name in the import libraries configuration exactly (case-sensitive!) If 'PathFilterExcludes' is 'false', only media files imported from the path specified will be displayed. If it is 'true', all media files from this path will be *excluded* from the view. Set 'screen' to 'My Music' or 'Video Library Folder View", and set 'title' to the title for the menu item.

3) Copy the whole xml text into the windows clipboard

4) Bring up the dynamic menu options dialog and select 'New...', it should offer you a menu item 'Paste Menu Item from clipboard'.
Can you give me any more info on this, I messed with it some, to no avail. Setting it to false or true makes no difference, all videos are displayed.

Also, if I understand it correctly, you have to configure ALL the import folders in sage first, then this functionality will limit what videos are displayed. Not, that you can have "hidden" folders that are only configured through this doclet.

So, if I wanted to have hidden shared folders, first they'd have to be configured in Sage, then I'd have to reconfigure the default "My Videos" to not display the shared folders I want hidden. I'd then have to set up a second Video folder that has no hidden shares.

Also, can I have 1 doclet manage multiple shares that I want hidden?

edit: Basically I have two shares that I want to manage \\amd\sharedJ and \\amd\sharedM and in both of them, all files are stored in 'z-other'

Last edited by ke6guj; 07-01-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage Expert

Auto compression

I'm having an issue with auto compression. It had been working fine, then I lost the automatic conversion of favorites but could schedule it manually. Now if I set it to manually convert and converts the file, gets to 100% and then goes to 0% and moves to the next file (if in the cue).
If I look in the recording drive there's the original mpg file and a tmp file that can play. But it doesn't actually erase the mpg and rename the tmp to an avi file. Anyone have any suggestions? I reinstalled sageMC but it didn't help.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I noticed since version 6.5 sounds can be disabled. Can some kindly explain how to this? I don't see where to enable/disable it. THANX!

v6.5:
- full implementation of standard Sage conflict resolution
- sounds can now be disabled in the settings menu
- added evilpenguins extension for minimizing Sage after starting external programs from the 'Other Programs' screen
- added recording icons for the list "Other Showings"
- fixed missing 'Left_as_back' functionality in several menus.
- fixed remaining code where the movie category was hardcoded
- added options "Default Start/Stop Padding" for favorites
- added SortByDate/SortByOriginalDate to subgroup menu
- added 'Year' attribute to Favorite settings.
- added text entry and directory file listing to ease input of values in SageMC settings
- added an option to display the vertical 'current time' bar in the EPG
- 'Premieres' filter does now show also Season premieres
- added option to limit lookahead for premieres search
- extra info (on Info toggle) now also shows extra airing details (CC, Stereo, Premiere, etc) in addition to the external ShowID
Old 07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't really like VCR style FWD and RWD. Is there a way to configure it so when you press the skip > or < button it will increase the value each time it gets pressed? (more than just two values) Press it once, skip 15 secs. Press again skip 30 secs. Press again skip 60 secs etc. THANX!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
I noticed since version 6.5 sounds can be disabled. Can some kindly explain how to this? I don't see where to enable/disable it. THANX!
That can be found in Setup>SageMC>Main Scroll down on the right to Play Sounds, set to disable. I tried it and had to restart the SageMC UI to get the sounds to truely disable, after I had set the option to disable.

Quote:
I don't really like VCR style FWD and RWD. Is there a way to configure it so when you press the skip > or < button it will increase the value each time it gets pressed? (more than just two values) Press it once, skip 15 secs. Press again skip 30 secs. Press again skip 60 secs etc. THANX!
That sounds like something that would have to be coded up by one of the guys who do the imports.

Not sure what you mean by, or how you are using, VCR style FWD/RWD, unless you are using an MVP (which you haven't mentioned before) or have nielm's multi-speed continuous FF/REW import. I think of VCR-style as being smooth FF, not the instantaneous jumps that Sage does. However, with a little fine tuning and getting used to it, the instant jumps work real good. What I did was to reduce my FF2/REW2 time to 120 seconds and left FF/REW at 10 seconds. When I come to a commercial, I hit FF2 once, and then FF a couple times if neccessary. If I go to far, I REW once or twice to get back into the last commercial a couple seconds. Other people mention setting REW to 5-7 seconds to better hit the end of the commercial.YOu'll get the hang of how much commercial time different programs/channels have. Commercials seem to run 120, 150, 180, or 240 seconds. Total time wasted, maybe 10 seconds. It's a lot faster/easier than having to watch the high-speed FF and hit play at the right time. And your option of having the 15, 30, 60 second jumps, I guess I'd have to try it and see how it worked.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I must be missing something... I have SageMC installed and I'm using the Foofaraw theme. I go to settings, but then I don't see SageMC or anything about disabling the sounds...
Old 07-07-2007, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
I must be missing something... I have SageMC installed and I'm using the Foofaraw theme. I go to settings, but then I don't see SageMC or anything about disabling the sounds...
Look at the right pane under settings. What version of SageMC does it say you are running? It should say 6.3.3b if you have the latest version.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

It dose not say the version of SageMC in the right pane of the settings screen. However I do know I'm using 6.13a from here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=84 and this http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=36 and I'm running Sage TV 5.0.4.92
Old 07-07-2007, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok,

I think you might have loaded the old .stv file instead of the .xml file. Unfortunately once you load a .stv file, you won't see the .xml files anymore. To change it, close sage, and open the sage.properties file. A few lines down, it will list the STV file to load. If it says SageMC_169.stv, change it to SageMC_169.xml. Save and start up sage again. That should do it. I would delete the .stv file so that you don't accidentally select it again. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

automatic recompression questions

Hey,
I have a few questions about the automatic recompression in SageMC.

1) How does SageMC decide when to schedule the compressions?

2) Is the SageMC video tools import the only way to introduce custom compression profiles?

3) How do I manually start a compression?

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
I went to use imdb search last night and it couldn't find anything I was looking for. I haven't used it in a few weeks, but it was working fine. I have sage 6.19 and sagemc 6.3.3. I loaded the latest jar file from nielms imdb stvi, but it still can't find the shows. Anyone have any ideas?
No ideas, but I have been able to get any results for about a week now.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
No ideas, but I have been able to get any results for about a week now.
Works fine for me with Sage6.2.4 SageMC 6.3.3b and the JAR from nielm's IMDB import v6.5 released on 6-28-07. bammj's post was from before the latest IMDB JAR came out. Make sure you have the latest JAR and it shoud work.

The latest JAR can be found in the IMDB v6.5 download. You could DL the file and then just copy the included JAR file into your existing JAR folder, with Sage (UI and service, if used) shut down. Then just restart Sage, and IMDB in SageMC should work.

Last edited by ke6guj; 07-08-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Weather maps?

Hello all, I'm using Sage6.2.4 beta with SageMC 6.3.3b. Everything's working great except when I try to view the weather maps no image is being displayed.

Anyone have the maps working with SageMC 16X9 and the 6.2.4 beta? Example: The current U.S. temperatures.
Shawn
Old 07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I can confirm the weather maps are broken for 6.2.4 beta and 6.3.3 b of SageMC. I belive the beta has broken them.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I can confirm the weather maps are broken for 6.2.4 beta and 6.3.3 b of SageMC. I belive the beta has broken them.

Gerry
Thanks, I'm glad it just isn't me! I'm sure one of you geniuses will be fixing this - thanks in advance!
Shawn
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Works fine for me with Sage6.2.4 SageMC 6.3.3b and the JAR from nielm's IMDB import v6.5 released on 6-28-07. bammj's post was from before the latest IMDB JAR came out. Make sure you have the latest JAR and it shoud work.

The latest JAR can be found in the IMDB v6.5 download. You could DL the file and then just copy the included JAR file into your existing JAR folder, with Sage (UI and service, if used) shut down. Then just restart Sage, and IMDB in SageMC should work.
Just did a complete reinstall of XP and the latest beta of Sage. I kept my wiz.bin but for some reason my imported videos lost their IMDB info. At first no results showed up for IMDB searches. After copying the JAR files from the latest IMDB import, I can now search again. However, when I save the IMDB data for an imported video file, it just saves the image, title and tag-line - no description. How do I get it to save the descriptions again?? Also, is there a better option than going into each of my 160 movies and doing an IMDB search/save? Thanks much.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

I started looking into doing .my or .properties files to save the IMDB info in. There is an import, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21629 (only for default UI) that will save to .my/.properties info files, and Sage then has support for those info files. Then, if you move your files, the info will still be available in Sage, whereas before, if you moved a file, the IMDB info would be lost. Now, Sage will read the info file in the new location, and repopulate the descriptions.

I figured I'd run the default UI for a bit to make all the .properties files for the video, and then switch back to SageMC. I haven't seen any batch way of doing a search/save.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Sage Expert

Playback on videos all have black in center

I have a big black square in the center of all my video files. I can still see all the standard tv recordings but all the videos regarless of type, show a big black square taking out only the center of the video while I am able to see the video playing in full detail on the sides.

Anyone seen this strange anomoly?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Sage Expert

Any ideas on the no "Imported Videos" IMDB descriptions issue? Is it broken in the latest Sage beta or did I bork something during the install? Thanks.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Closed Thread