SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Is there a manual for SageMC ? heh silly question i'm sure. I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to get to google/youtube in SageMC ? I have 6.3.3 installed ontop of 6.1.9SageTV. I look through all the main menu options like addons etc and can't find anything for Google/Youtube ? I'm sure its in some obvious place and I am just missing it but ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
You need to switch to Dynamic Menu and add it from there.

I must be missing something too! I also have SageMC 3.3 now and am trying to add YouTube (Google Video is on "My Menu" by default).
  1. I go to Settings > SageMc > Menus
  2. Dynamic Menus is enabled; the only other option there is configuration for the Weather menu
  3. If I DISABLE dynamic menus, I'm given several options: rename My Menu and add up to 5 Custom Menus. Within these custom menus I can add a YouTube menu.
  4. However, after I set-up my Custom Menus, if I leave Dynamic Menus disabled (which is how I'm able to configure the custom menus), and go back to the main screen, none of my custom options are there, including no My Menu
  5. If I re-enable Dynamic Menus, all of my custom Menu options disappear, and on the main screen while My Menu returns, none of my customizations are there.

What am I missing? It seems like a bit of a runaround.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirecreative View Post
I must be missing something too! I also have SageMC 3.3 now and am trying to add YouTube (Google Video is on "My Menu" by default).
  1. I go to Settings > SageMc > Menus
  2. Dynamic Menus is enabled; the only other option there is configuration for the Weather menu
  3. If I DISABLE dynamic menus, I'm given several options: rename My Menu and add up to 5 Custom Menus. Within these custom menus I can add a YouTube menu.
  4. However, after I set-up my Custom Menus, if I leave Dynamic Menus disabled (which is how I'm able to configure the custom menus), and go back to the main screen, none of my custom options are there, including no My Menu
  5. If I re-enable Dynamic Menus, all of my custom Menu options disappear, and on the main screen while My Menu returns, none of my customizations are there.

What am I missing? It seems like a bit of a runaround.
For #4, bring up the options menu on the Main Menu. There you can enable/disable the actual display of all the available menu items.

For #5, you have to save the menu file after making any changes to the dynamic menus or all changes will be lost. This is done from the Dynamic menus setup screen under File... > Save Menu File.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 06-26-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
For #4, bring up the options menu on the Main Menu. There you can enable/disable the actual display of all the available menu items.

For #5, you have to save the menu file after making any changes to the dynamic menus or all changes will be lost. This is done from the Dynamic menus setup screen under File... > Save Menu File.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks for the tips. I was trying to do this all in the wrong screen:

But I've since found the options for the main menu and was able to work it out.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

IMDB not finding shows.

I went to use imdb search last night and it couldn't find anything I was looking for. I haven't used it in a few weeks, but it was working fine. I have sage 6.19 and sagemc 6.3.3. I loaded the latest jar file from nielms imdb stvi, but it still can't find the shows. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC fix

I uploaded version 6.3.3a, which should fix the YouTube video access. I also updated the parental control PIN dialog (it now gets triggered by the PC menu itself, so it will show up no matter from where you call it), and added an option to exclude access to Online Videos (PC restrictions screen).

Dirk
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Youtube is now functional! Thanks flachbar!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but would you be able to assist in getting autocompress to work with EvilPenguin's compressions. I think it worked fine through 6.3.2, but doesn't with 6.3.3. I'm not sure he's going to be allowed to release the new version.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but would you be able to assist in getting autocompress to work with EvilPenguin's compressions. I think it worked fine through 6.3.2, but doesn't with 6.3.3. I'm not sure he's going to be allowed to release the new version.
Here's a modified xml that will import into 6.3.3a

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_VideoTools_STVi_2_0_1b.zip (6.7 KB, 256 views)
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had given up hope when he announced he probably wouldn't release another version.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Sage User

Missing encoder icons

I have searched through this thread, but I haven't found an answer to this:
I don't see any encoder # icons on the recording menus. There is a space for them, and they show as active in Studio, but nothing shows up. They are checked in Settings/SageMC/Icon Options for Recorded, Scheduled and Other.
I have verified that the images do exist in the right directory. I even stopped all SageTV services and recopied all the files from the full 6.3.2 ZIP, but still nothing. Could this be a Java issue (I am running 1.6. 0_01.b6)?

Thanks,
twieder

::update -- I turned on 'Notify on Errors' in Studio and got this:
Evaluation Error: Error in method reflection of sagemc_Global_getMediaFileEncoder of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Expression: Encoder = sagemc_Global_getMediaFileEncoder(RecordingAiring)

::Update -- I removed everything from the JARs directory and put in a new set, and all is working now.

Last edited by twieder; 06-28-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Aloha,
Mike
I am having the same trouble as wirecreative but I haven't been able to figure it out. For your response to #4, I found this options menu by right clicking with my mouse, all items were already enabled. For your response to #5, I don't know where to find this Save Menu File option under File? I see no option on the screen that says File, and right clicking produces nothing.

I posted earlier concerning a help guide to SageMC. I would certainly help me now.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTea View Post
I am having the same trouble as wirecreative but I haven't been able to figure it out. For your response to #4, I found this options menu by right clicking with my mouse, all items were already enabled. For your response to #5, I don't know where to find this Save Menu File option under File? I see no option on the screen that says File, and right clicking produces nothing.

I posted earlier concerning a help guide to SageMC. I would certainly help me now.
#5 is not in THAT options menu. It is in the menu for the dynamic menus. Use the #4 options menu to enable Dynamic menus, then if you hit the options button a different menu will show up, here you can make changes to the Dynamic menu and save it.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
#5 is not in THAT options menu.
Ha! Got it. Not the most intuitive interface but once you figger it out, it works like a champ.

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

With the latest Beta SageTV and SageMC, my video import library shows all 3000+ videos instead of the top-level folders that they're stored in. It did not do this before and if I use the Default STV, things look OK there. Can anyone confirm this is a problem with SageMC?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
If I am not mistaken, there have been changes in the core that need to be made in SageMC regarding 'imported videos'. The new default STV has these changes implemented already. Give Flachbar some time, and I am sure he'll get it fixed.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Upgrade from 5.10?

I am currently running SageTV 5 with SageMC_169 5.10. I am going to upgrade to the latest SageTV 6. Can I run the upgrade for SageMC, or do I need to get the full download to go from SageMC version 5 to version 6?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, there have been changes in the core that need to be made in SageMC regarding 'imported videos'. The new default STV has these changes implemented already. Give Flachbar some time, and I am sure he'll get it fixed.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=26111

Its already fixed in this STVi import!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26025 gets into the code change. I changed that in Studio and it fixed it right up.

I just changed the one GetMediaTitle in Video Library Folder View to GetShowTitle. I left everything else alone, there may be some other broken functionality, but it works good enough for me as is.

I attached a couple pics for you to see if you want to fix it in Studio, and also, a virgin 6.3.3a SageMC_169.xml file with only that fixed, if you don't want to mess with studio or use the enhancements import.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeforeFix.jpg (83.7 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg AfterFIx.jpg (83.0 KB, 262 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169a.zip (460.7 KB, 258 views)

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just uploaded 6.3.3b which fixes the issue in the video library. The core change also affected the photo library, which has also been fixed (it also required an update of the sagemc JAR).

Thanks to both Jack and twieder for supplying a temporary fix. My fix in the STV might break twieders STVi, I haven't had time to test it.

Dirk
Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

If it's just the imported video library, then I'll stick with 6.3.3a. I really like twieders STVi and now I can't live without it.
Closed Thread