SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

The path is fine, i'm getting the xml not found error. I'd seen somewhere else in the forum that it doesn't yet work with v3.x. I guess we need to contract the DVDPro2Sage author?

-Todd
Old 06-01-2007, 04:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post
The path is fine, i'm getting the xml not found error. I'd seen somewhere else in the forum that it doesn't yet work with v3.x. I guess we need to contract the DVDPro2Sage author?

-Todd
What is the exact error message you get ?

Dirk
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post

-Todd
Until Dirk gets around to qualifying the issues with DVDPro2Sage for 3.0 here is what I did. Load the default SageTV3.xml and use the DVDPro2Sage and the IVL7.2 stvi found here and here in this thread. Configure the paths properly and update all your info. Now just switch to SageMC and enjoy. You'll need to switch back & forth when you add new DVDs until it is updated in SageMC. And keep in mind if you did a fresh install of DVD Profiler 3.0 the default paths for the database and images is different from 2.4. Traditionally you export the collection.xml to the SageMC directory in Sage. (Or at least I did.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 06-01-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
- make sure to have the correct paths to DVDProfiler, collection.xml, and the offline path set in the SageMC options
- add the specified offline path to your import directories
- go to my videos, bring up the options menu, and select 'Meta-Data Options'
- select 'Import offline videos'. This will generate fake .mpg files in the offline path, and import them into the wiz.bin
- select 'DVD Profiler refresh'. This will copy the cover art and import the video info from the collection.xml

This will work with 2.4, but as I said not sure about 3.0

Dirk
Ok, I had not seen the step about generating the offline video folders before. I don't have any offline videos stored in DVD profiler, but following these steps seems to have fixed the issue in SageMC.

Thanks for the step by step - is there someplace where this is documented that I missed?

Also, what is the folder structure supposed to be for boxed set DVD's? DVDprofiler has this represented as a single title, but I don't think the right answer is to have the rips merged in one directory.

Also, DVD profiler has a number of titles with : in the name of the title. These did not import properly. I can't seem to get windows to stick a : in the directory name though. How is this supposed to be handled?

Thanks for being patient with me.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mikesm; 06-01-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:00 AM
SageTVaholic

"Do you want to save partial recording?" When I answer yes, it continues to record?!

I originally posted this in the sageTV software forum, but according to Nielm, this is should be a SageMC question:

I can't figure it out...

When I'm watch a show, if I press the record button, I get prompted if I would like to start recording from that point on.. I answer yes. A few minutes later, I decide thats where I'd like to TV clip to end that I'd like to save... so I press the record button again. I get prompted to save partial recording. When I answer yes to that.. why the heck does sageTV continue to record that show?? How do I make it stop for real? I already pressed the Stop button on the remote.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Record Icon

In 6.33 when I hit record while viewing the guide, the record icon does not show up. Anybody else see this problem?

Technazz
Old 06-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
PS When I select a DVD manually by browsing the filesystem, and then select the edit metadata option, and manually import from dvdprofiler, it just says for all the categories: collection.xml not found...

Todd, does it do the same thing for you?

Thanks,
Mike
I didn't realize there was another way to do it. Yes, I do it manually, and yes, I have the same exact error...... Guess those of us that just jumped on the Sage/Profiler bandwagon are SOL till there's some kind of update.... Guess I could try the IVL thing, but as it is I have to switch to the regular STV to refresh the imported videos as I add them.....

-Todd
Old 06-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Also, DVD profiler has a number of titles with : in the name of the title. These did not import properly. I can't seem to get windows to stick a : in the directory name though. How is this supposed to be handled?
Again, I'm having this same problem. Before I got DVD Profiler, I used the amazon import, and it imported one of my video's with a : in it. So now I can't even get a .jpg file for that one because windows won't let a filename have a ":" in it......
Old 06-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Anybody else have the problem with "Edit tille" no "rename" button?
Is it because i use 720X1280 res? maybe its out of the screen?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Anyone? I think this is a pretty straight forward functionality question. I just need a way to record part of a tv show using the TV remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I originally posted this in the sageTV software forum, but according to Nielm, this is should be a SageMC question:

I can't figure it out...

When I'm watch a show, if I press the record button, I get prompted if I would like to start recording from that point on.. I answer yes. A few minutes later, I decide thats where I'd like to TV clip to end that I'd like to save... so I press the record button again. I get prompted to save partial recording. When I answer yes to that.. why the heck does sageTV continue to record that show?? How do I make it stop for real? I already pressed the Stop button on the remote.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Anyone? I think this is a pretty straight forward functionality question. I just need a way to record part of a tv show using the TV remote.
Silly question: Did you enable the partial recording functionality in SageMC Options?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-03-2007, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes Mike. I'm surprised nobody has tried this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Silly question: Did you enable the partial recording functionality in SageMC Options?

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
added Mike's code for ticker/weatherbar icon animation

Forgive me for being out of the loop for a while, but I'm unable to find out what this means? Of course, I just installed the newest version, so if it's something that happens automatically, I may not have seen it yet.

I'm not using the Dynamic menu (I know, what's my problem?) yet...so that could also be the issue...?

Love the # out in front of "More" I thought it would be nice to have that feature, but never thought to ask.

EDIT

LOL, never mind, I see what it is now...

Thanks for the new hover icon Mike. Looks cool!

Last edited by geogecko; 06-03-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
In 6.33 when I hit record while viewing the guide, the record icon does not show up. Anybody else see this problem?

Technazz
But you see the "currently recording" icon with tuner number, right ? For the manual record icon, did you enable it in the icon settings ?

Dirk
Old 06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just checked it, and it works fine for me. How do you tell that it is still recording, just because you're seeing the manual recording icon, and the button "Cancel Recording" ? If so, this is expected (based on how this is implemented), it does not continue to record.

FYI, partial recordings are not supported by the SageTV core, and I had to do some dirty tricks under the hood to implement this functionality. Maybe it doesn't work on every system, but this is as good as it can get for the moment...

Dirk
Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk, yes you're absolutely right. I was confused by the manual recording icon and the "Cancel Recording". I was able to grab the clips just fine. I'm guessing for this type of manual recordings there's no good way to turn off "Cancel Recording" and the manual recording icon or you would have already done it.

BTW, This is a great feature... reminds me of a good old fashioned VCR you can just press record and stop record when you want.

Quote:
I just checked it, and it works fine for me. How do you tell that it is still recording, just because you're seeing the manual recording icon, and the button "Cancel Recording" ? If so, this is expected (based on how this is implemented), it does not continue to record.

FYI, partial recordings are not supported by the SageTV core, and I had to do some dirty tricks under the hood to implement this functionality. Maybe it doesn't work on every system, but this is as good as it can get for the moment...

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk, yes you're absolutely right. I was confused by the manual recording icon and the "Cancel Recording". I was able to grab the clips just fine. I'm guessing for this type of manual recordings there's no good way to turn off "Cancel Recording" and the manual recording icon or you would have already done it.

BTW, This is a great feature... reminds me of a good old fashioned VCR you can just press record and stop record when you want.
Nice to hear that it works for you. Keep in mind that the manual recording button is also displayed for other "full" manual recordings, even after the show has been recorded - it simply marks it as "manual"... The "Cancel Recording" is displayed because the Sage core API returns that it is still recording, but it will go away once the show has ended.

Dirk
Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
But you see the "currently recording" icon with tuner number, right ? For the manual record icon, did you enable it in the icon settings ?

Dirk
Yep, that was it. Why would that change on its own? Ive always had the icons show up in the guide.

thx

Technazz
Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
I am new to SageTV, well I'm new to the entire HTPC thing. I just installed SageTV the other day and got everything working so now I am trying to improve it. I installed the SageMC 6.3.2 and had a little trouble with some of the menus so I went back to the original SageTV3.xml. I saw SageMC 6.3.3 so I again upgraded to see if that would fix it. I figured out some things but now I can't get to any of my sage recordings. If I go to SageTV Recordings in the main menu or Archived Recordings in the SageMC menu it says "Unkown Internal Screen". I can go back to the original SageTV3.xml and it works fine. Did I do something wrong or am I just an idiot?

Edit: So much for that edit. This sucks, I thought I had it but I keep getting errors. When I finally got it working there was only the main screen and the settings windows. No more internet services, no more IMDB, no more dynamic menus that work. Am I just doing something comepletely wrong? I followed the instructions exactly but it still doesnt work right. Isn't there a setup file that will make sure everything gets done right or is it just the zip file that I have to extract into the SageTV directory.

Last edited by opy01; 06-05-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to wvpolekat Send a message via MSN to wvpolekat
Not sure if this is a SageTV problem or a SageMC problem.

But, is there any rhyme or reason to how music is displayed?

I have lots of compilation albums. Think those Time Life ones you see on late night TV.

Some of them in the "View By Album" display the album will only show up once, others, the album shows up for each and every track on them.

This is REALLY annoying.

I have redone all the tags on them to make 100% sure that they are identical and I cannot spot any difference between the ones that display properly and the ones that don't. I removed the import directories and reimported them all. as well.

Any ideas?
Closed Thread