SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Kricker,
I agree on moving over there. This was originally about MovieTimes, but fell off that subject when flachbar told me I didn't have SageMC loaded.

I don't know how to properly send this thread over
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
BTW we might want to take this to the SageMC addon thread and quite hijacking the movietimes thread.
It's been done.

BTW: if using v4, you may want to seriously consider installing the latest SageTV v5 version. Depending on what API calls the STV uses, it may not work correctly in v4. Come to think of it... I don't believe XML version STV files can even be loaded in v4... Nope. You'll have to upgrade.

It may still be possible to run into issues in v4.1 too when using a v5 STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
hmmm really wierd.
Have you tried just adding the line that Morgan111 provided. Just put it up near the top. I am not sure if it matters where or not.

EDIT
Thanks Opus4.
As Opus4 stated, do make sure you got at least SageTV vs. 5. I skipped over the part where you mentioned having vs. 4.

Last edited by kricker; 07-05-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the tips Opus, I should have checked out the forum rules first.

So is that the main problem for me is v4? That would stink. I really don't have it in my budget to get the new version.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir
flachbar,

Now that we have color coded EPG by category, thanks to you! and MeInMaui!, I think it would it be great to have the same colors-by category- in the Recorded shows list we have.

What do you think? Could it be implemented?

Thanks!
Oren.
No one???
Had to bump this up - I think it got lost...

Oren.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
So is that the main problem for me is v4? That would stink. I really don't have it in my budget to get the new version.
Really? It isn't too expensive at the moment -- only a grand total of something like $0 for v5.0.

i.e.: v5.0 is still a free upgrade for current owners.

BTW: to safely upgrade w/o losing any old data if you run into a problem, see How to install a new version of SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
Thanks for the tips Opus, I should have checked out the forum rules first.

Isn't it free?

EDIT
beat to the punch again......
Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

VERY, VERY cool. Thanks a ton, I forgot about that. I'll get it setup and come back to bug you guys again soon!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Gotta love the free upgrades. One of the main reasons I am a loyal SageTV user.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Sage Expert

Okay, I'm assuming this is user error on my part somehow since I can't find where anyone else has posted with this problem, but (using 6.6) I can't get "Search" to work for music. In the videos section, I noticed that on the input screen there's a "Search" button as well as an "OK" button. Hitting the Search button searches, hitting the OK button just seems to close the dialog. In the music section, there is no Search button - just the OK button. And it just closes the dialog box without apparently doing any searching that I can see. Nothing seems to happen at all.

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

EDIT: Okay, I just figured out that I *can* successfully search if I only use the keyboard and hit "Enter." But if I use the remote at all - even just to spell out the search term - or if I move the mouse and it causes one of the buttons on the popup to "grab" the focus - there's no way to get the search to work because even the Enter key on the keyboard now just selects whatever is highlighted in the popup. Is this a bug then? No way to do a search in music if the "focus" is ever put onto one of the numbers or letters on the popup? Shouldn't the OK button perform the search? Come to think of it, shouldn't the OK button perform the search in the video search too? Why an OK and a Search button? What's the point of the OK button?

Last edited by popechild; 07-06-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Sorry but I have to disagree here ... :

- in "Detailed Setup/Advanced", load SageTV3.xml
- make any changes you need
- in "Detailed Setup/Advanced", load SageMC_169.xml (or whatever your current SageMC STV is)

Really no rocket science involved ...

Dirk
Well it's only difficult the first time because in SageMC there is not way to import the standard .stv file without renaming it and no way to go back to .xml from the standard stv without renaming it so the first time creates a problem but after that it's no big deal. I guess all the renaming stuff bothers me a bit but now at least I don't have to. God help the newbie.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
... and no way to go back to .xml from the standard stv without renaming it
Hey snoopy,

is it possible you assume that SageTV3.stv is the default STV ?
It is not, SageTV3.xml is the default STV (SageTV3.stv is old and shouldn't really be shipped any more).

Since both SageMC and the standard STV use .xml as their STV extension, there is really no need for any renaming at all ...

Dirk
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong!
I can reassure you that you don't do anything wrong , the dialog is a bit screwed up. This will get fixed in the next version.

Dirk
Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
flachbar,

Now that we have color coded EPG by category, thanks to you! and MeInMaui!, I think it would it be great to have the same colors-by category- in the Recorded shows list we have.

What do you think? Could it be implemented?

Thanks!
Oren.
Quote:
No one???
Had to bump this up - I think it got lost...

Oren.
Hi Oren,

sorry to disappoint but no plans on my side to add something like this. Maybe you'll find someone to write an import for this functionality.

Dirk
Old 07-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hey snoopy,

is it possible you assume that SageTV3.stv is the default STV ?
It is not, SageTV3.xml is the default STV (SageTV3.stv is old and shouldn't really be shipped any more).

Since both SageMC and the standard STV use .xml as their STV extension, there is really no need for any renaming at all ...

Dirk
hmmm... Since I don't seem to have the correct file, can anyone send it?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
hmmm... Since I don't seem to have the correct file, can anyone send it?

Ok, here is the SageTV3.xml file zipped up for you from V5.0.4
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV3.xml.zip (338.3 KB, 213 views)
Old 07-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Ok, here is the SageTV3.xml file zipped up for you from V5.0.4
I tried installing SageTV to another computer and sure enough on completion of everything including the placeshifter settings, I saw the sagetv3.xml file and copied it over to my current system. On import to my production SageTV computer, I no longer see the options for it. The only thing I can think of is to start completely over which is not an appealing option. It appears as though once you have chosen not to set placeshifter options, the ability to go back and do so disappears even if you copy over a sagetv3.xml file that has been used to set them. Is there anything I can do that will give the placeshifter options back to me.? Even using the correct sagetv3.xml file doesn't reproduce the needed placeshifter settings in detailed setup.

Last edited by snoopy; 07-08-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On import to my production SageTV computer, I no longer see the options for it. The only thing I can think of is to start completely over which is not an appealing option. It appears as though once you have chosen not to set placeshifter options, the ability to go back and do so disappears even if you copy over a sagetv3.xml file that has been used to set them. Is there anything I can do that will give the placeshifter options back to me.? Even using the correct sagetv3.xml file doesn't reproduce the needed placeshifter settings in detailed setup.
I'm not sure, but are you trying to "import" sagetv3.xml instead of "load" sagetv3.xml. I don't know how it would react as an import since it is a complete STV. It should be loaded as an "load sageTV application package" and not as an import plugin.

You mention starting all over. How customized is your system. If it isn't too custom, then just delete the sage.properties if not using service mode, or delete sageclient.properties if using service mode. Make backups first, and when you restart Sage, you should be able to walk through the wizard and get it all set up without having to do a full rebuild.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I'm not sure, but are you trying to "import" sagetv3.xml instead of "load" sagetv3.xml. I don't know how it would react as an import since it is a complete STV. It should be loaded as an "load sageTV application package" and not as an import plugin.

You mention starting all over. How customized is your system. If it isn't too custom, then just delete the sage.properties if not using service mode, or delete sageclient.properties if using service mode. Make backups first, and when you restart Sage, you should be able to walk through the wizard and get it all set up without having to do a full rebuild.
Perhaps that is an option. Haven't thought of that. I could then do a comparison as there are alot of custom properties. Yes I am doing a load of the sagetv3.xml and not an import.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried installing SageTV to another computer and sure enough on completion of everything including the placeshifter settings, I saw the sagetv3.xml file and copied it over to my current system. On import to my production SageTV computer, I no longer see the options for it. The only thing I can think of is to start completely over which is not an appealing option. It appears as though once you have chosen not to set placeshifter options, the ability to go back and do so disappears even if you copy over a sagetv3.xml file that has been used to set them. Is there anything I can do that will give the placeshifter options back to me.? Even using the correct sagetv3.xml file doesn't reproduce the needed placeshifter settings in detailed setup.
Edit your Sageclient.properties file or your Sage.properties file so that you're using the sagetv3.xml file. I'll bet if you look in your properties file you'll see a line in there that says STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageTV3.stv.
Just change .stv to .xml and you'll have your options back.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Closed Thread