SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Is 'Single' the Album name ? Your screenshots look really weird. The SageMC code is simply using the Sage API 'PrintAiringShort()', and this usually only prints 'xxx at xxx on xxx' when it is a video recording, I've never seen this for music songs or albums. Could it be that your wiz.bin is screwed up ?
The Single is because it was a ripped single song CD. The album title is then "Single". I dont think the Wiz.bin is corrupt. I just restarted the whole server and the same wiz.bin is in use.
Interestingly they appear as "<album name> at xxx Jan yy:zz on" in the queue until you start playing the queue, when the name and artist appear!

Quote:
Ok, I can now reproduce this behavior, I haven't tested this dialog with the setting "OSD animations" on before. I'll provide a fix for this soon
Thanks! That will save me fixing it every time
Old 05-29-2007, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
The Single is because it was a ripped single song CD. The album title is then "Single". I dont think the Wiz.bin is corrupt. I just restarted the whole server and the same wiz.bin is in use.
Interestingly they appear as "<album name> at xxx Jan yy:zz on" in the queue until you start playing the queue, when the name and artist appear!
It sounds like SageMC interprets the one song as the entire album when you add it to the play list. This kind of seems logical since the one song _is_ the whole album. What would happen if you delete the album tag or change it to the name of another album that you have in your library? You might have to do something like remove the song completely, rescan your libraries, and then re-add it in order for sage to pick up the changed tag info.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mhh, but there shouldn't really be an "<Album Name> at xxx on xxx", the Sage core only prints this out for Video airings (at least for me). When I add a whole album to the playlist, it correctly displays as <Album Name>. I don't have any single songs though, so I will try to test this myself.

How does the default STV behave with those songs ?

Dirk
Old 05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
How does the default STV behave with those songs ?
Seems to cope OK. Shows the song name and artist as expected.

One thing I have just noticed though is that the default STV only shows 6 playlists (not including the playlist I raised the problem with), where as SageMC shows three screen full (its picking up .m3u lists as well)!

The m3u playlists only contain lots of lines like
<track> <artist name> - <song title>
but SageMC shows
"Single" at 28 Dec 13:12 on
(This is the modified date) even though the mp3s only have artist tags!

I've just created a new playlist using SageMC, and most tracks show the title. Looks like my playlist is not in the correct format or something!

FYI: I've just got one that says "Album: Single" Which is a whole album that I put in by accident. To delete it I had to resort to the original STV.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

Just noticed an issue when selecting the number of rows in the my music artist section when on the MVP. How do i delete the existing number? its at 10. If i enter, lets say 5--it turns it to 105. Is there a delete button on the remote? I went and changed it in the client properties file but am i missing something?
thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-29-2007, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
Just noticed an issue when selecting the number of rows in the my music artist section when on the MVP. How do i delete the existing number? its at 10. If i enter, lets say 5--it turns it to 105. Is there a delete button on the remote? I went and changed it in the client properties file but am i missing something?
thanks,
Juc
The 'stop' button deletes existing text or numbers and the 'guide' button toggles upper/lower case letters for text input. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Seems to cope OK. Shows the song name and artist as expected.
So the exact same playlist shows fine in the default STV, but does not in SageMC ? Just asking because later you said the default STV is not even showing the one you raised the problem with...

Quote:
where as SageMC shows three screen full (its picking up .m3u lists as well)!
As far as I can tell from the code, SageMC does not contain any special handling for .m3u playlists, it just calls the standard core playlist APIs. AFAIK external playlists get read by the core on import and are converted into Sage-internal playlist objects, but I have no idea why the default STV doesn't list them

Quote:
I've just created a new playlist using SageMC, and most tracks show the title.
Does "most" mean that some songs are not showing up correctly ?

Quote:
Looks like my playlist is not in the correct format or something!
As a summary of my questions above: do you only see problems with imported playlists, or also with those generated within SageMC ?

Quote:
FYI: I've just got one that says "Album: Single" Which is a whole album that I put in by accident. To delete it I had to resort to the original STV.
Yeah, I conformed that the remove doesn't work for albums, this looks like a bug

Dirk
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
There still isn't an "OK" button in the "Edit Title" screen.
True, but now there is a "Rename" button - you don't see it ?

I admit it's a bit big , I'll fix this...

Dirk
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

newer version still is showing really small channel icons for me, even with the updated .xml. I've downloaded and installed it twice now....any thoughts?
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 05-29-2007, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvfff View Post
Dirk, somebody already reported a commercial skipping problem on MVP and I want to confirm that I also have the same problem, 6.3.2c was fine. It appears as though MVP just does not see the commercial position information and the timeline is displayed like there are no commercials at all. BTW, even when the commercials were seen fine by 6.3.2c, MVP would not automatically skip them, I had to skip them manually. Is there an option somewhere for auto skipping? I know you can enable for the current show, but is there a global option?
Global setting is in "Detailed Setup / Commercial Skip". It works fine, and all I can tell you is that there hasn't been any code change for 6.3.3 in this area

Quote:
Also, with the new update the wallpaper and main menu animated icons on MVP are displayed over stretched horizontally, the server is fine; both server and MVP are 4:3 if that's any help.

I can't reproduce this here, my MVP (also 4:3) displays fine...

Dirk
Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Dirk, I know that the Online Video Info and descriptions use Base UI font
Well they use base UI font now, after the update...

Quote:
but, what font do the video titles use? Those in particular look a bit too small... smaller than any font Ive seen in my SageMC UI.
They use base font size - 4 (this works perfect for the default size). There are other parts in the STV which use the same kind of logic. Of course, if you already have your base font very small, this will probably make them tiny...

Dirk
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
newer version still is showing really small channel icons for me, even with the updated .xml. I've downloaded and installed it twice now....any thoughts?
juc
Not really ...
Works fine for me:

Old 05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

flachbar,
FYI, the issue with a recording not using the Default setting when Default is selected for specific tuners appears to be related to the Sage STV rather than SageMC, bug report submitted. :cheers:
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
flachbar,
FYI, the issue with a recording not using the Default setting when Default is selected for specific tuners appears to be related to the Sage STV rather than SageMC, bug report submitted. :cheers:
Thanks for the heads-up !

Dirk
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not really ...
Works fine for me:

hmm. thats what i was thinking was going to happen. Anyway, attached is my screenshot (sorry, couldn't inline the pic). Using the latest .xml file attached to your sig. Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this?
thanks,
Juc
Attached Files
File Type: doc channel icons.doc (161.5 KB, 216 views)

Old 05-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
True, but now there is a "Rename" button - you don't see it ?

I admit it's a bit big , I'll fix this...

Dirk
I don't see it!
On my screen the window ends under "SHIFT Backspace"
Old 05-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I don't see it!
On my screen the window ends under "SHIFT Backspace"
Are you doing the edit on an MVP?

John
Old 05-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Are you doing the edit on an MVP?

John
No its a regular HTPC.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Sage Icon

One more update on the small channel logos: Same thing with a clean install of sagetv. Can anyone PM me their xml file to see if for some reason that is causing the problem. I have deleted it numerous times and installed the newest version but maybe its not taking or something. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc

Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
hmm. thats what i was thinking was going to happen. Anyway, attached is my screenshot (sorry, couldn't inline the pic). Using the latest .xml file attached to your sig. Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this?
thanks,
Juc

My channel Icons are small as well with 6.33 on my client and placeshifter/mvp as well.

I did edited the guide info area I *think* this happed.

I also noticed that the RSS feed never changes from untitled with a placeshifter, my MVP and Client are fine.

Technazz