SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
WAF with MC is high, so sticking with the default has been difficult.

No problem, same here, that's why I asked
Thanks !

Dirk
Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a clever way to have SageMC record intelligent suggestions for HDTV movies ONLY? Or, perhaps a way to record all new HDTV movies which aren't set to watched/don't like.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Filter on Guide - Movie possible?

My guide covers stations in multiple languages (Flemish, English, German, French, Spanish). If I select under My TV the Movies, and display all, I get all the movies found in the EPG guide (XMLTV).

I would like to only get those movies from specific stations (e.g., I want to exclude those dubbed in German, so exclude the German stations). I do not want to exlucude these stations out of the Guide, as I do look at them at times (just not the movies).

Is there a way to filter the stations included in the Dipslay All Movies?

Jan
Old 05-25-2007, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Live TV in SageMC

I think this is the right thread to ask these questions - if not please redirect me!

I'm using SageMC on a new SageTV HTPC setup. There are a couple of things I'm trying to do that I can't figure out how:

1) I renamed all the top level menus (Took out the "My") - however when on the menu page that these point to, I still see the title at the top of that page as "My TV" or whatever. Is there a place to edit these Page Titles?

2) the "Live TV" command (sendmessage 63) doesn't really goto Live TV - it seems like it actually goes to whatever is playing - could be a DVD, or something from the Video Library. I'm looking for a way to program a button on my remote to take me to "Live TV" - ie the TV tuner card, on whatever channel it was on last.

btl.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
2) the "Live TV" command (sendmessage 63) doesn't really goto Live TV - it seems like it actually goes to whatever is playing - could be a DVD, or something from the Video Library.
btl.
that is the way that the "Live TV" is designed to work. I'd like to work the way you described, but when asked, was told that it built that way in the core.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
that is the way that the "Live TV" is designed to work. I'd like to work the way you described, but when asked, was told that it built that way in the core.
Are you sure you aren't talking about the TV command instead of the Live TV command? These should be defined in the STV. For example: in the default STV, "TV" is used to toggle between viewing whatever media is playing & the previously viewed menu via the Back command; "Live TV" is used to view live TV, even stopping any other playback to start live TV viewing & jumping to the current time in playback, if needed. I don't remember if there is a default core function for those commands, but it can be changed in the STV if there is. There may be a different purpose for those commands in SageMC; I'm basically saying that you should be able to make those commands do whatever you want via STV code.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, ok. Looks like maybe some new functionality I missed. I was basing my answer on old info I got when I asked about this way back when, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=live , wanting "watch live tv" to take us to live tv even if we were watching a recording. I don't have a V4 manual, so I can't check, did "live tv" sendmessage 63 exist then, instead of just "TV" sendmessage 15?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 05-25-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I've tried both the 15 and 63 messages. They both do different things, but neither quite what I want.

"TV" (15) toggles between the Media Player (whatever it is playing) and the Last menu you were at.

"Live TV" (63) takes you to the Media Player (whatever it is playing).

The only way in SageMC that I can always get to the real Live TV is to goto the home screen, select "My TV", and the select "Live TV"

btl.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Oh, ok. Looks like maybe some new functionality I missed. I was basing my answer on old info I got when I asked about this way back when, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=live , wanting "watch live tv" to take us to live tv even if we were watching a recording. I don't have a V4 manual, so I can't check, did "live tv" sendmessage 63 exist then, instead of just "TV" sendmessage 15?
Yes, the command existed then & the functionality of that time was coded in the default STV. The way it works in the default STV was updated since then -- a quick search shows that it was in the v4.1.11 beta release notes from 3-30-2006.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.3

Hi,

here's a new SageMC version with a couple of new features. I haven't had much time lately for SageMC, and I figured it's better to release a minor update now than letting you wait any longer. Some newer requests made it in, whereas some older did not - but this was simply because they were easy and quick to implement. Some of the older feature requests are still on my To-Do list.

Ok, here are the changes:
  • complete re-work of Google / YouTube menus, based on the changes in the default STV. You can now link to the internal screens Google Video and YouTube Video via dynamic menus, but the old way (both via Google Video Menu) will still work. I encourage you to change your menu files to point to the new menu screens
  • added watched icons for imported videos
  • made the guide info area resizable (interactively, thanks Mike for the introducing this neat concept). Adjusting the size of the episode text / video preview areas was a PITA, but I hope I got it right for most of the configurations out there
  • made number of artist list rows configurable
  • added manual recording icon configuration
  • added setting to enable external screen saver on sleep
  • added manual search to IMDB options menu for single result IMDB search
  • added options for IMDB lookup to only save description, cover art, or both
  • added option to enable/disable debug logging to advanced menu options (but restart is still necessary)
  • added option to display number of grouped recordings in front of "More" when in grouped view
  • remember display setting (by album / by song) for artist view
  • added Mike's code for ticker/weatherbar icon animation
  • fixed 'Edit Title' dialog
  • fixed horizontal RSS ticker not updating

As always, unzip the STV and JAR file into your SageTV directory, and restart the UI. The full install package has not been updated yet, but I hope to get to that soon.

Enjoy,

Dirk
Old 05-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Yeah, Thank you! Those changes are not so minor to me
Old 05-26-2007, 11:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Dirk thanks so much for this update. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but when resizing the guide info area, the preview window does not adjust it's size at all... it stays big... the same size. Also, the channel logo is now microscopic by default and doesnt change size either (in the picture its the tiny little "2" bitmap pic.

EDIT: Also, one more thing, when you select a YouTube/Google Video catagory like "Top Video Today" or "Top Rated" the fonts used inside that catagory (sub-menu items) are GIGANTIC compared to all my other fonts; basically the fonts to all the new stuff. What properties value do I change to make text inside these catagories match the rest of the SageMC UI text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi,

here's a new SageMC version with a couple of new features. I haven't had much time lately for SageMC, and I figured it's better to release a minor update now than letting you wait any longer. Some newer requests made it in, whereas some older did not - but this was simply because they were easy and quick to implement. Some of the older feature requests are still on my To-Do list.

Ok, here are the changes:
  • complete re-work of Google / YouTube menus, based on the changes in the default STV. You can now link to the internal screens Google Video and YouTube Video via dynamic menus, but the old way (both via Google Video Menu) will still work. I encourage you to change your menu files to point to the new menu screens
  • added watched icons for imported videos
  • made the guide info area resizable (interactively, thanks Mike for the introducing this neat concept). Adjusting the size of the episode text / video preview areas was a PITA, but I hope I got it right for most of the configurations out there
  • made number of artist list rows configurable
  • added manual recording icon configuration
  • added setting to enable external screen saver on sleep
  • added manual search to IMDB options menu for single result IMDB search
  • added options for IMDB lookup to only save description, cover art, or both
  • added option to enable/disable debug logging to advanced menu options (but restart is still necessary)
  • added option to display number of grouped recordings in front of "More" when in grouped view
  • remember display setting (by album / by song) for artist view
  • added Mike's code for ticker/weatherbar icon animation
  • fixed 'Edit Title' dialog
  • fixed horizontal RSS ticker not updating

As always, unzip the STV and JAR file into your SageTV directory, and restart the UI. The full install package has not been updated yet, but I hope to get to that soon.

Enjoy,

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 05-27-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Dirk thanks so much for this update. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but when resizing the guide info area, the preview window does not adjust it's size at all... it stays big... the same size. Also, the channel logo is now microscopic by default and doesnt change size either (in the picture its the tiny little "2" bitmap pic.
I'm seeing the same issues with the channel logo. But when I resize the guide the preview window changes size but I have it set for large preview window all. When I set it to none the preview window does not change size.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 05-27-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
here's a new SageMC version with a couple of new features.
And some old bugs it seems!

I still have a problem with a few things...

1. Opening a playlist sometimes show the album names rather than the song name (see attachment)

2. My weather still has no usable "Current Details". Clicking on the option simply stops the interface until you click OK. (The bit of code to expand the "popup" is missing)

The first problem is very annoying as I cant seem to get round it.

Note Other than these two issues, I couldn't do without it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Playlist-Showing-albums.JPG (37.5 KB, 384 views)

Last edited by pjwerdna; 05-27-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I didn't think anyone would use the "small preview" setting any more, and I currently don't have channel logos installed, so I didn't catch the two issues. I will post an update soon.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, one more thing, when you select a YouTube/Google Video catagory like "Top Video Today" or "Top Rated" the fonts used inside that catagory (sub-menu items) are GIGANTIC compared to all my other fonts; basically the fonts to all the new stuff. What properties value do I change to make text inside these catagories match the rest of the SageMC UI text.
Strange... Can you post a screenshot ?

Dirk
Old 05-27-2007, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post

1. Opening a playlist sometimes show the album names rather than the song name (see attachment)
This is not an "old bug", this has always been that way and is intended. When you add an album to the playlist, the album object is added internally, and not the list of songs. But if there is general consensus that this is awkward, I wouldn't mind changing it...

Quote:
2. My weather still has no usable "Current Details". Clicking on the option simply stops the interface until you click OK. (The bit of code to expand the "popup" is missing)
The problem is that I have never seen this, and so far nobody else reported this behavior. Do you see anything in the debug logs when this happens ?

Dirk
Old 05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Sage Expert

Cross-posted this in the FCL thread...

Can't be sure if this is definitely a new problem, but I believe 6.3.3 breaks the Favorite Channel Lists import, or at least causes problems when trying to set it up for the first time. I tried to upgrade to 6.3.3 at the same time as a general "downgrade" to Sage 6.0.19 because of stability issues with 6.1. All of the problems go away if I go with 6.3.2c instead of 6.3.3...

Anyway, when I setup FCL, I got a few problems:
1) the "Options" popup menu in FCL has some sort of "overlay" issues where it's hard to read
2) The guide button doesn't cycle to the FCL anymore. Instead, if you're looking at the guide and press guide, it jumps back to the main menu
3) There's no "Current FCL" option in the "Guide Display Options" either.

Also, probably unrelated to FCL but along the lines of what others have already said, my preview window on the guide cuts into the bottom row of the guide, even if I haven't increased the number of rows. When I scroll down to that line in the guide, the box with the channel name actually disappears (as if it's sort of "behind" the preview window) as well.

Don't know if people already with FCL installed are able to still use it without a problem or not, I just noticed because I was trying a fresh install of FCL on top of 6.3.3...

Last edited by popechild; 05-27-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

It seems I've lost commercial skipping on my MVPs, but I have no idea how this would be possible.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Dirk.. I already reverted back to the last SageMC version.... so I cant take a screen shot anymore. But the fonts I'm talking about are the ones in the screenshot you posted for the new google/youtube layout. My UI fonts for SageMC (ie base font, title, subtitle, etc) are all much smaller than the default because of my high res display. I'm not sure what font/fontsize the new layout uses, but doesnt appear to be the same as the rest of the menus' texts. Maybe I need to reload my theme again?

Quote:
I didn't think anyone would use the "small preview" setting any more, and I currently don't have channel logos installed, so I didn't catch the two issues. I will post an update soon.

Strange... Can you post a screenshot ?

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Sage Expert

Another strange outcome of my "reversion" back to 6.0.19 (using SageMC 6.3.3) -- I had to re-define all of my video import directories. After doing that, all of my dvd folders were reloaded, but didn't have their meta-data attached, so I did a refresh of all DVD Profiler meta-data.

Now all of my dvds have a string of numbers in parentheses next to the name, that I *think* is where the date of the film used to be. But now the numbers look kind of crazy - like one of them is (1041408000000) and another is (788947200000). The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure this used to be the date. Somebody can probably confirm this for me pretty easily. Anyway...

1. Any idea how this happened?
2. Any idea how to fix it?
Closed Thread