SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Recorded TV - By Group (Catagory)

Is there any way to get SageMC to group by Catagory. You know, the same way SageTV Webserver does it?? Currently even when I sort by Group, my movies are scattered all over the place.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-18-2007, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Dirk, Currently, I'm not sure why, but Custom 1 currently toggles the RSS news Ticker. I'm not sure if this is related, but had a very similar problem when trying to use Custom 2 for the SlimplayerMC addon. I've seen others reporting problems with Customx as well.

-Michael
Simply set the button bindings in the ticker options to "None"

Dirk
Old 05-18-2007, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How are people controlling Placeshifter with the SageMC interface? I just tried it and couldnt do much as far as controlling a movie to FF/REW/STOP. I could only pause and play. Dirk would you please consider adding mouse support in the next release of SageMC (ie being able to actually click on the REC/REC conflict icons on top right, etc). You could add this as an option.

Maybe down the line... Did you try Mike's menu toolbar ? Also, for now, there are still all the keyboard commands which will always work

Dirk
Old 05-18-2007, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingers View Post
It all seems to work fine and SA out puts a .txt and an .edl file. Using an episode of Friends as an example i get:

.txt file = FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE

and the .edl file = 1797.84 1797.84 0

Is this the only line in the edl file ? I believe this means that there is only one segment, and that SA didn't recognize any commercials at all...

Dirk
Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
When trying to change the name of the video in "edit title" there is no "OK" button... I swear there used to be... where did it go? I can't change the names now.
Known issue, will be fixed soon...

Dirk
Old 05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
I finally got around to installing the full SageMC 6.3.2c (it was sadly a necessity as a fan failure cooked my PVR system).

Its working very well. I did notice two problems, though:

1. If you make a queue, and shuffle mode is on, it doesn't seem to play every song in the queue. In fact, my queue of 14 songs ended after 2 songs.
Really ? Crap... Do you have the option "Update Music Queue" in the SageMC options enabled ? If so, disable it and see if fixes it.

I had reports earlier that this option is causing songs to get skipped. Andy pointed out that removing songs from a playlist while it is playing is only safe when shuffle mode is on, so I changed this option to only be in effect while in shuffle mode. Now, if you are getting the same problem also in shuffle mode, even this assumptions doesn't hold true any more. Maybe the behavior changed in the Sage 6.0 core ... ? I might have to ask Andy about this...

Quote:
2. In the music module, if you change from view by albums to view by artists, it remembers that change for next time (good). If you go into an artist though and change from view by album to view by song, it doesn't (not so good). My music is organized by artist\song instead of by albums, so this just drives me nuts.
I see the problem. Will try to fix this, just not sure when

Dirk
Old 05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
Questions:

I am not sure if it is just me, but it seems that SageMC will not use the default recording quality for a tuner even if one is not set for that tuner, ie for my pvr-150, I have to set it to "Best", if nothing is selected for that tuner it records at "Great" rather than the default which is "Best".

Thanks for the info... I use a similar setting (default = DVD Standard play, nothing set for the tuners), and just checked a few recent recordings. And indeed, some have been recorded with 6.4 mbps, and some with only 3.8 mbps ! After I specifically set the higher quality for both tuners, all my shows now seem to get recorded with 6.8 mbps.

I'm not sure if this is SageMC related (I cant imagine there is any specific code for the rec quality in there, but who knows), or if it is a new core issue, I will have to ask around...

Dirk
Old 05-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I had reports earlier that this option is causing songs to get skipped. Andy pointed out that removing songs from a playlist while it is playing is only safe when shuffle mode is on, so I changed this option to only be in effect while in shuffle mode. Now, if you are getting the same problem also in shuffle mode, even this assumptions doesn't hold true any more. Maybe the behavior changed in the Sage 6.0 core ... ? I might have to ask Andy about this...
Does the playlist consist of individual songs, or entire albums? If the playlist item is the whole album & it gets removed after 1 of its songs plays...

I don't know whether this would be the issue, but it is one thing to check.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I believe Dirmon/SA is designed to do just that. I think you have to install nielm's web server to provide access to the metadata.

Aloha,
Mike

Thanks Mike, that is what I was looking for, much easier find when you know what to search for.

Quote:
Thanks for the info... I use a similar setting (default = DVD Standard play, nothing set for the tuners), and just checked a few recent recordings. And indeed, some have been recorded with 6.4 mbps, and some with only 3.8 mbps ! After I specifically set the higher quality for both tuners, all my shows now seem to get recorded with 6.8 mbps.

I'm not sure if this is SageMC related (I cant imagine there is any specific code for the rec quality in there, but who knows), or if it is a new core issue, I will have to ask around...

Dirk
Yeah, 3.8 mbps is what I was getting, IIRC this seemed to happen with favorites that were set to the record at "default", live TV seemed to record fine at the default setting but a manual recording would only record at defualt, if Itried set it at a lower level it wouldn't stick. Having a setting other than default for the tuner seemed to fix it all, I will try this with the default STV this afternoon.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. That did the trick.

Quote:
Simply set the button bindings in the ticker options to "None"

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks... I'll try to get used to the keyboard commands.

As far as the Toolbar goes... (MeInMaui forgive me for saying this!) I'm just not too crazy about the way it looks.... just way too big for what I need it for.. even if it rolls up when its not in use. In my humble opion, having the already visible icons usable would be a better solution.... and making the invisible icons on the left visible

Quote:
Maybe down the line... Did you try Mike's menu toolbar ? Also, for now, there are still all the keyboard commands which will always work

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-19-2007, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I already emails Dirk about this one. Just keeping my fingers crossed its something he will throw in for the next update!

Quote:
Is there any way to get SageMC to group by Catagory. You know, the same way SageTV Webserver does it?? Currently even when I sort by Group, my movies are scattered all over the place.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-19-2007, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks... I'll try to get used to the keyboard commands.

As far as the Toolbar goes... (MeInMaui forgive me for saying this!) I'm just not too crazy about the way it looks.... just way too big for what I need it for.. even if it rolls up when its not in use. In my humble opion, having the already visible icons usable would be a better solution.... and making the invisible icons on the left visible
Have you looked at it recently? I added a new minimal, reduced footprint view that might work for you. (and there are now several backgrounds to choose from)

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 05-19-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Known issue, will be fixed soon...

Dirk
Thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

RSS Feeds not Updating /w Horizonta

I posted before about the RSS feeds not updating. I found out that Horizontal scrolling does no update the RSS feed it just sticks with the last update. When I switch to Vertical everything works as it is supposed to.

Thanks

Technazz
Old 05-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I posted before about the RSS feeds not updating. I found out that Horizontal scrolling does no update the RSS feed it just sticks with the last update. When I switch to Vertical everything works as it is supposed to.

Thanks

Technazz
I was going to post about this, too. I'll just switch to vertical until it can be fixed.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Interesting, I haven't tried this myself.. If you load a file from a different directory, when you try to save the file it wants to put it back to the Sage program directory? That sounds like an issue to me.

B
I can load files, I did at end created one manually (updated the default one) and it uploaded ok. That's not an issue.

When I however want to use "Save as ..." and 'Browse ..." to select the directory, I do need to select an existing .xml. I do not understand this, I would expect that browsing lets me select the directory, after which I enter the name under which I want it to be saved. That's issue 1.

When I thus create an empty .xml file in a non-UAC protected directory, I can select it but the save give again an error. I assume it did try to save in the selected directory/file. That's issue 2.

The error message tells me to look in the log file, but which log file is it talking about? If I knew that, I could have a look and obtain more info on issue 2 (issue 1 seems a sage issue).

Jan
Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
Yeah, 3.8 mbps is what I was getting, IIRC this seemed to happen with favorites that were set to the record at "default", live TV seemed to record fine at the default setting but a manual recording would only record at defualt, if Itried set it at a lower level it wouldn't stick. Having a setting other than default for the tuner seemed to fix it all, I will try this with the default STV this afternoon.

Did you ever try this with the default STV ?

I might very well be something introduced by v6, so if someone could confirm that the same is happening with the standard STV, I wouldn't have to go through the SageMC code and could file a bug report instead...

Dirk
Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post

Thanks

Technazz
I'll check this out.

Dirk
Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did you ever try this with the default STV ?

I might very well be something introduced by v6, so if someone could confirm that the same is happening with the standard STV, I wouldn't have to go through the SageMC code and could file a bug report instead...

Dirk
I haven't been able to replicate it in either MC or the standard STV, but I like I said it seemed to be with favorites set to default so I not sure when it is set, when it is scheduled or when the recording starts. WAF with MC is high, so sticking with the default has been difficult. I will see if can replicate in the next couple of days.