SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Here is the log file while using the standard STV... it looks like errors are still encountered, but everything works fine from the end user perspective... the errors also appear to be different.
Well, actually I can't see any errors at all... But it seems here you played an MP3 file, whereas in the other case you played a FLAC file. I still doubt that this is related to the issue you are seeing, but can you check if you get those exceptions with FLAC files also in the default STV ?

Dirk
Old 05-07-2007, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
Hi Dirk. I desperately need to have one feature added. Currently, if you set external player for video, it affects all the import types under videos that the seeker finds. I really need to be able to define to not use the external player, but for certain video types (file extensions in the seeker) it WILL use an external player. It would even be better if I could specify what file to use for that file type. What are the chances to get this as I REALLY need it?
Hi Madcoder,

I guess it's your lucky day !

I checked the code, and mlbdude must have foreseen this need - there is already an undocumented property in place which achieves exactly what you want:

set e.g.

Code:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=avi
and the external video player will only be called for *.avi files. The value can contain multiple extensions, e.g. avi;wmv

Dirk

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
The "unsupported" extras from the default STV are not included in SageMC
Dirk
Wow, that was easy! Disk space and images are back.

Do you know if the "unsupported extras" are still available and can they be used with SageMC?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 05-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Focus the menu item, bring up the options menu for the dynamic menus, and select the image you want to use with "Set Icon"
Dirk
I'm sure I am missing something simple. I chose which icon to set (a png file) and nothing seems to have happened?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
Wow, that was easy! Disk space and images are back.

Do you know if the "unsupported extras" are still available and can they be used with SageMC?
No, the unsuppported extras are built into the default UI as some added features.

However, many/most of those unsupported extras are based off of other modifications and many of those extras are included in SageMC. What extras are you wanting in SAgeMC that you don't have? They may already be there, or can be added with an import.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If all you are looking for from the "unsupported extras" is the Malore menus then I wrote a plugin for SageMC for that.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk, have you been paying attention to JREkiwi's Closed Captioning plugin? Could you integrate his newer CC parsing info into SageMC, and enable the alternate Closed Captioning feature into Imported Videos in the same manner that it currently works for Recorded TV?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'll check those out...

Dirk

Thanks, it is hard to see with some of the themes included in your package, but can easily be seen with the graphics from my foofaraw theme, you might want to download it and take a look. Its clearly an issue with the STV though. I tried playing with it in studio, but couldn't figure it out.

My theme if you want to try it:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25207
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well, actually I can't see any errors at all... But it seems here you played an MP3 file, whereas in the other case you played a FLAC file. I still doubt that this is related to the issue you are seeing, but can you check if you get those exceptions with FLAC files also in the default STV ?

Dirk
Interesting... I don't have any files in FLAC format - everything is in MP3.
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-09-2007, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Interesting... I don't have any files in FLAC format - everything is in MP3.
Hmm, now this is really weird... Here is the exception from your first log file:

Code:
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.518 java.io.EOFException
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.518     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.io.BitInputStream.readFromStream(BitInputStream.java:106)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.518     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.io.BitInputStream.readBitToInt(BitInputStream.java:235)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.518     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.io.BitInputStream.readRawUInt(BitInputStream.java:303)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.FLACDecoder.readStreamSync(FLACDecoder.java:545)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.FLACDecoder.readStreamInfo(FLACDecoder.java:200)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.sound.spi.FlacAudioFileReader.getAudioFileFormat(FlacAudioFileReader.java:238)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at org.kc7bfi.jflac.sound.spi.FlacAudioFileReader.getAudioFileFormat(FlacAudioFileReader.java:76)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at javax.sound.sampled.AudioSystem.getAudioFileFormat(Unknown Source)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at sage.UIManager$a.<init>(Unknown Source)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at sage.UIManager.void(Unknown Source)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at sage.a8.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
Sun 4/22 21:29:28.519     at sage.a8.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
Again, I have no idea if this related to your issue at all...

Dirk
Old 05-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage Expert

MeInMaui - troubleshooting continued

Quote:
- edit debug_logging=TRUE (uppercase!)...
- attach ...sagetv_0.txt (standalone) to your post
This post is intended for MeInMaui:

Thanks for looking at this log and sorry to post in the primary thread.

See Attached log based on:
debug_msgs=TRUE
tv.sage.mod.0.log

I have attached what I think is the correct file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tv.sage.mod.0.log.txt (55.7 KB, 249 views)
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 05-09-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
tv.sage.mod.0.log

I have attached what I think is the correct file.

Unfortunately that's the wrong one. sagetv_0.txt or sagetvclient_0.txt is the one you need to post...

Dirk
Old 05-09-2007, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Dirk, have you been paying attention to JREkiwi's Closed Captioning plugin? Could you integrate his newer CC parsing info into SageMC, and enable the alternate Closed Captioning feature into Imported Videos in the same manner that it currently works for Recorded TV?
No, I haven't followed that thread at all. To be honest, I do not use CC, so it's not that interesting for me personally, but I might take a look at it at some point

Dirk
Old 05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Unfortunately that's the wrong one. sagetv_0.txt or sagetvclient_0.txt is the one you need to post...

Dirk
I did a search for that in my sagetv directory and did not see it??
-- Snoopy
Old 05-09-2007, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did a search for that in my sagetv directory and did not see it??
You have to enable debug logging for the file to be generated.

debug_logging=TRUE
Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You have to enable debug logging for the file to be generated.

debug_logging=TRUE
Got it!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (67.4 KB, 284 views)
-- Snoopy
Old 05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Got it!
Great.

Now, it looks like you just went into the 'MyTV' screen in the log. I need you to go into the 'My Videos' screen (where your movie library is displayed) and display your videos by genre to see why the genre icons are not appearing. Please do this and post the log file. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Expert

Your instructions are what I did (sort-of). I clicked on My TV > Movies > Genres.

I may be misunderstanding the purpose for which Genre icons were created. I do not have any personal videos or a screen called "my videos". I have a "Movies" selection, forth down on the left hand side of the "My TV" screen. When I go there, I click on Genres where I see choices like 'action', 'adventure', 'comedy'. It is those choices that I was under the impression, would have genre icons next to them?

Quote:

Great.
Now, it looks like you just went into the 'MyTV' screen in the log. I need you to go into the 'My Videos' screen (where your movie library is displayed) and display your videos by genre to see why the genre icons are not appearing. Please do this and post the log file. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 05-09-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I may be misunderstanding the purpose for which Genre icons were created. I do not have any personal videos or a screen called "my videos". I have a "Movies" selection, forth down on the left hand side of the "My TV" screen. When I go there, I click on Genres where I see choices like 'action', 'adventure', 'comedy'. It is those choices that I was under the impression, would have genre icons next to them?
No, that is a list of genres to filter the browsing of upcoming movies. The genre icons are used for your personal video library (videos/movies stored on your hard drive or on DVD via DVD Profiler). This is the only place where the genre icons are presently used.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Sage Expert

gotcha... Ok well thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding.
Quote:
No, that is a list of genres to filter the browsing of upcoming movies. The genre icons are used for your personal video library (videos/movies stored on your hard drive or on DVD via DVD Profiler). This is the only place where the genre icons are presently used.

Aloha,
Mike
-- Snoopy
Closed Thread