SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvulture View Post
Hi all...
Is SageMC suitable for 4x3 format ? I am setting it up on a small 34cm TV for my bedroom..

thanks
Yup, SageMC will run in 4x3. I used it that way for a year until I got my new HDTV.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Yup, SageMC will run in 4x3. I used it that way for a year until I got my new HDTV.
Thansk for the help... i found the answer as you wrote your post.. cheers
Old 04-28-2007, 10:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato View Post
Hi! I'm wondering if it is possible to move from a movie to the next in the movie detail screen. Maybe have next and previous buttons or using a remote command.

Nevermind...Once I typed the word remote, I decided to press buttons to see what happens. It appears the Skip Fwd/Bkwd buttons do that!

I see it works in Music for view by album, but not for view by artist. Is that something that could be changed?

Thanks!
Well, I just checked, and it also works in the album detail view by artist. If you select an artist who has 5 albums, it will cycle through those 5 albums. This is the intended behavior, and cannot easily be changed...

Dirk
Old 04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Sorry in advance if I missed this earlier in the thread, but at some point my SageMC started freaking out if I hit play on my remote during dvd playback. I have to use the "info" button on my Harmony to pull up the timebar, but that also pulls up the big info box at the top. I used to be able to hit play during playback and the timebar would pop up for a few seconds. Now when I hit play it seems to randomly jump to some previous portion of the movie and play from there. This isn't a problem if the movie's paused - it works properly and just starts playing again like it should. But if it's in the middle of playing and I hit play, it will jump to another part of the movie.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Hmm, not really. Hitting "Play" while a movie is playing pops up the timebar for me, and works without problems...

Dirk
Old 04-28-2007, 10:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhln View Post
I've not tried this yet, but what would be the equivalent dir on linux? /opt/SageTV/Server?

Thanks.
It should be the directory where the SageTV executable is in, but since I don't know anything about the Linux version this is just a guess...

Dirk
Old 04-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to get the auto-compress feature working if you are using evilpenguin's video tools?
Old 04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hmm, can't really see anything out of the normal, except those two FlacDecoder exceptions. Can you test if you get the same exceptions with the working default STV too ?

Dirk

Not sure if this helps diagnose a little more, but I switched off Dynamic Menus and enabled the My Music Files screen. My Music Files shows album art and allows me to play MP3's fine, however I still cannot play anything or see album art through "My Music".

Still works fine in the default STV. I also tried reinstalling the 6.32c full package, and unfortunately, that did not help.

Thanks!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 04-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here is the log file while using the standard STV... it looks like errors are still encountered, but everything works fine from the end user perspective... the errors also appear to be different.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (38.6 KB, 243 views)
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I had the same problems, but I remapped the buttons to use back/fwd#2 instead of smooth back/fwd, it works really the best on the MVP...

Dirk

Thank you, worked like a charm. Should be set that way initially
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a trick to get sound to work? I enabled it in the SageMC options. I even made sure the sound files are in "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Sounds" folder. I'm using the iTV theme.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Sage Expert

unsupported extras, recording size, pictures ?

1) Is there still a way to enable "unsupported extras" or is all that included now?

2) I used to see space used for 'each' individual recording in addition to the overall disk usage bar which I still see. How do I get the space used for each individual recording to come back?

3) How do I get pictures next to each menu item now that I have customized the menu?

I am using the latest SageMC 6.3.2c on SageTV v6.1.9.135
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI,

New releases are available for both the Google Calendar and Toolbar plug-ins.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Working on a on my own SageMC theme, I came across a few visual anomolies.

A) With the logo headings at the top of the menus, a few of them have the text that should be displayed in front of the image, actually placed behind the heading image. These menus are:
  1. My TV > Guide
  2. My TV > Movies
  3. My TV > Schedule
  4. My TV > Recorded TV > Schedule
B) The music_logo image does not fly in animated like the rest of them do.
C) The weather_logo image is displayed smaller than the rest of the images... not a big deal, just something I noticed.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Enable logging via options?

Would it be possible to add in the (MC) options menu an option to enable/disable logging. This would than update the properties files (for both service and client)?

It would still require to start/stop sage completely, but would take away the hassle of updating the properties manually.

Minor thing, but would make it easier.

Jan
Old 05-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Dirk. I desperately need to have one feature added. Currently, if you set external player for video, it affects all the import types under videos that the seeker finds. I really need to be able to define to not use the external player, but for certain video types (file extensions in the seeker) it WILL use an external player. It would even be better if I could specify what file to use for that file type. What are the chances to get this as I REALLY need it?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Toolbar version 0.2b available

For those who just subscribe to this thread, I have posted a new minor update to the toolbar plugin. Here is the announcement in the toolbar thread. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Would it be possible to add in the (MC) options menu an option to enable/disable logging. This would than update the properties files (for both service and client)?

It would still require to start/stop sage completely, but would take away the hassle of updating the properties manually.

Minor thing, but would make it easier.

Jan
Good point Jan. Should be easy enough to add...

Dirk
Old 05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Working on a on my own SageMC theme, I came across a few visual anomolies.

A) With the logo headings at the top of the menus, a few of them have the text that should be displayed in front of the image, actually placed behind the heading image. These menus are:
  1. My TV > Guide
  2. My TV > Movies
  3. My TV > Schedule
  4. My TV > Recorded TV > Schedule
B) The music_logo image does not fly in animated like the rest of them do.
C) The weather_logo image is displayed smaller than the rest of the images... not a big deal, just something I noticed.
Thanks for the info, I'll check those out...

Dirk
Old 05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
1) Is there still a way to enable "unsupported extras" or is all that included now?
The "unsupported" extras from the default STV are not included in SageMC

Quote:
2) I used to see space used for 'each' individual recording in addition to the overall disk usage bar which I still see. How do I get the space used for each individual recording to come back?
Press "Info" on the Program Info screen, it cycles through the different info pane views

Quote:
3) How do I get pictures next to each menu item now that I have customized the menu?
Focus the menu item, bring up the options menu for the dynamic menus, and select the image you want to use with "Set Icon"

Dirk
Old 05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Is there a trick to get sound to work? I enabled it in the SageMC options. I even made sure the sound files are in "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Sounds" folder. I'm using the iTV theme.
Hmm, no trick necessary... Did you restart the UI after you enabled the sounds ?

Dirk
Closed Thread