SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Got it.. here's the logfile. BTW: I'm using SageMC 6.32c

Thanks!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (42.9 KB, 243 views)
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 04-22-2007, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Adding more rows in Guide without making the narrower

It looks like a have valuable real estate thats being wasted at the bottom of my screen which could be used to fit more row. Dirk, or anyone, would you be kind enough to tell me how to make more room for the guide bars on the screen? I dont mind going into Studio to do it if that's the only way.

PS: The channel logo doesnt appear to be centered. Is there a way to fix that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GUIDE.jpg (231.9 KB, 314 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-22-2007, 11:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Two misc questions..

1) I was very impressed with the new SageTV 6 STV for music. It has a very nice way of displaying music by genre with animation. I must be doing something wrong, I dont even have an option to display music by genre in SageMC. I can only filter by genre. Is there something obvious I'm missing? If there no option for this in SageMC, is there a way to import the Music portion of the default STV for SageMC?

2) How do I sort pictures in reverse order?

Thanks for all your help getting me started in SageMC!!!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Problem with SageMC on MVP

Hi,

When playing a video (be it imported or recorded) on my MVP, SageMC does often suddenly reboot. I seem to be able to 'force' this error by using the FF/FRW. Actually, often the FF/RFW are not working at all (but the 'jumping' of 10 seconds do) - after reboot they work again.
What I noticed is that the time on the progress bars stops while the video is playing, than I know it's close to a reboot.

My question: is somebody else experiencing this behaviour? If not, I know it must be linked to how I installed it on VISTA (I'm trying to understand the the changes with WinXP). I got a 'feeling' there is maybe a problem with the service running under VISTA (could that result in an MVP SageMC reboot?).

I have downladed and am running latest version of SageTV and SageMC (which by the way is great).

Jan
Old 04-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can SageMC jump to specific location in video

The SageTV core supports I guess starting to play a video at a specific location. That's what's being used to start a video where you last stopped it.

Is this location based on the 'minutes' you have already been watching the show, so next time it restart at x minutes?
If yes, than my question is, would it be feasible to add an option in the play menu "Start at ...", where than a parameter is to be entered indicating at how many minutes into the show you would like to have it started.

Why? Well at times there is a +60 minutes show which I watched for 55 minutes - so I only want to see the last remaining minutes. For some reasons (e.g., somebody else watched/reset it) SageTV has no longer the location where I last stopped watching. Now I have to FF 'till I'm there (takes time). It would be great if I could just tell SageTV to start at the 54 minutes location.

Oh yeah, I would use this on my MVP running SageMC (so no mouse, only remote).

Jan
Old 04-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Hi,

When playing a video (be it imported or recorded) on my MVP, SageMC does often suddenly reboot. I seem to be able to 'force' this error by using the FF/FRW. Actually, often the FF/RFW are not working at all (but the 'jumping' of 10 seconds do) - after reboot they work again.
What I noticed is that the time on the progress bars stops while the video is playing, than I know it's close to a reboot.

Jan
I don't get the reboots, but on videos I also get no ff/rw, I can only use the jump 10 seconds, which is tough in a 2 hour movie that you only want the last 10 mins of
Old 04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35 View Post
Try this tutorial out. It should get you going.
http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

Miller
This solved it. The commerical skip feature is working wonderfully and my wife thanks you. The guide covered some stuff I think the average Joe would have missed.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It looks like a have valuable real estate thats being wasted at the bottom of my screen which could be used to fit more row. Dirk, or anyone, would you be kind enough to tell me how to make more room for the guide bars on the screen? I dont mind going into Studio to do it if that's the only way.
I would like this to, either add more rows or move it so it is aligned towords the bottom, or a little of both.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepidati0n View Post
This solved it. The commerical skip feature is working wonderfully and my wife thanks you. The guide covered some stuff I think the average Joe would have missed.
Thanks! I think there could possibly be a few settings that have been updated, in a more recent version, but I can't remember. At least the look/feel of the interface is still intact. Back when I did part of the Wiki, it was the old interface, and is VERY MUCH out of date now...

Thanks for the announcement MIM. I missed the toolbar as well, although I don't use a mouse, so I'm not sure how well I'll like/need it. I'll read up on the thread though...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
I would like this to, either add more rows or move it so it is aligned towords the bottom, or a little of both.
You people with your fancy-pants TVs!!!

( A little jealous.... )

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I would also like to move that description downa bit to have more or larger rows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
You people with your fancy-pants TVs!!!

( A little jealous.... )
My TV came sans pants . I bet I can find one with sequins for it though. That'd be ffaaaannnncyyy.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having a DVD playback issue that is bugging me.

I am now running 6.1.9 and the newest MC (version c). This bug appeared before I upgraded to 6.1.9 as well.

When trying to watch my ripped firefly DVDs, 50% of the time, the DVD will begin immediately followed by this error message

There was a DVD Error in playback
sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-9,0x80040276): This operation is currently not allowed for this DVD.

I have to click ok at least 15 times to get it to go away for 1 second, before it just pops right back up. Occasionally, I can't even get rid of it, I have to restart the UI by killing its process.

I just find it weird that it happens 50% or sometimes 30% of the time.

Any suggestions?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:01 PM
SageTVaholic

How do I pull up IMDB information in the Guide

With the standard STV, with the IMDB addon, the IMDB options were integrated into the Guide... so when I selected a TV show or movie, I could look up actors and directors in the movie with a couple of clicks of the remote. How do I do that in SageMC? Is there IMDB addon for SageMC?

EDIT: Okay, I found out by hitting the Options button, I will get IMDB search. I presumed it would be shown on the left hand pane of the Show info.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-23-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Toggle subtitles?

Hello,

I have been making xvid's with subtitles that are in the idx/sub file format. Is there a way to toggle the subtitles off and on in SageMC? Or maybe even SageTV in general?

By default I seem to have the subtitles always on, but I don't want them on for every xvid I watch. I would just like to turn them on as needed.

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Mouse functionality lost in guide

My mouse functionality seems to be broken on the guide section. When I move my mouse over the different shows or try to select them.. nothing happens.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-25-2007, 01:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My mouse functionality seems to be broken on the guide section. When I move my mouse over the different shows or try to select them.. nothing happens.
Disable 'Curr Time Marker in EPG' under Settings/SageMC Options/Visual. That should do the trick.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
DVD functionality

This may be a core or decoder issue, but does ffwd work for everyone else with the DVD player? When I hit ffwd it's more like slow-mo, then if I get it up to 16x Sage just locks up.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to wvpolekat Send a message via MSN to wvpolekat
Holy Frijoles! I am in love!

Ok, so I took a "hands off" approach to Sage for the first week.

Today, I broke down and installed SageMC. WOW! Just WOW!

One itsy bitsy suggestion. I would guess that those of us with 4:3 sets are a bit confused by the SageMC16x9, it works great, but isn't obvious. Perhaps a mention of this in the description would help.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Question Hidden easteregg features on UI using mouse!!

This is the oddest thing. I was wondering why there wasn't a back mouse button on the UI or a Window/Full screen mode toggle via the mouse. Well, just for fun, I started clicking on the background on the top left, and there are a couple of invisible buttons there. Could somebody please put some icons there? LOL!!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-25-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This is the oddest thing. I was wondering why there wasn't a back mouse button on the UI or a Window/Full screen mode toggle via the mouse. Well, just for fun, I started clicking on the background on the top left, and there are a couple of invisible buttons there. Could somebody please put some icons there? LOL!!
Dirk has a policy of no mouse-only icons in SageMC. The 'invisible back button' is a documented feature that was added in one of the recent releases. If you want an actual back button and window/fullscreen toggle, check out my Toolbar plugin. It was developed specifically to address some of the gaps in using SageMC with a mouse. HTH

Aloha,
Mike