SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Ah, I looked at your original post again. Here is the post you need to look at.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2011

You need to have your collection.xml file exported to:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE

Because it appears to be hard coded, and ignoring the place where you tell it in the properties file. Appears to be a bug.

Might want to change the properties file to reflect that as well, when and if it does get fixed, it will still work.

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\collection.xml

instead of:

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler\\collection.xml
Unfortunately that didn't help anything. There was already a collection.xml there that came with SageMC I guess (first title is Ocean's 11), but I overwrote that with my collection.xml. Still gives the same error.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you re-installed DVDPro2Sage? If so, you might want to try and go back to the original one that came in the SageMC package. I tried not to break anything with my changes, but there's no guarantee I didn't.

Oh, and going from the SageMC mod I downloaded last night, it's not hard coded:
Code:
CollectionLocation = GetProperty("mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + "\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\collection.xml")
flachbar,

If you're up to it, you might want to look in my latest IVL, I added an options menu to browse for the XML file.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Unfortunately that didn't help anything. There was already a collection.xml there that came with SageMC I guess (first title is Ocean's 11), but I overwrote that with my collection.xml. Still gives the same error.
What's the error? That it can't find the collection.xml, or something else?

Yeah, there is a default collection.xml that comes with SageMC. Every time you install an updated version of SageMC (the full install), you'll have to overwrite that, or just make sure and not overwrite your current collection.xml when you copy the SageMC zip over...but that could be time consuming.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Sage Expert

YES YES YES YES YES!!

I finally figured out what was causing the problem - though I don't understand it at all - but it's completely reproducable (for me).

It appears that there's a conflict between DVDPro2Sage (or at least *something* that runs when you try to import the Profiler data) and xerces.jar (that is needed for xmltv to work).

I had added xlmtv support a few days ago and this must've been what did it. Re-installing java 1.5 without putting xerces.jar in either the java lib folder OR in the SageTV folder made Profiler import start working. If I add xerces.jar back into either of those places it gives me the "Collection XML not found" error. Which really sucks because I can't imagine how in the world you're supposed to figure out that the two are related. Anybody have any ideas on what's going on here?

So now I just gotta figure out how to best get *both* Profiler importing AND xmltv to work without manually having to remove xerces.jar every time I want to refresh my metadata...

EDIT: And yes, the location for collection.xml does NOT appear to be hardcoded anymore, as it works now no matter where I put collection.xml.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
flachbar,

If you're up to it, you might want to look in my latest IVL, I added an options menu to browse for the XML file.
Thanks stanger89, I'll have a look at it. If it's not too much work to get this accordingly 'themed', I'll include it in the next STV version ...

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So now I just gotta figure out how to best get *both* Profiler importing AND xmltv to work without manually having to remove xerces.jar every time I want to refresh my metadata...
Do you have the option to go back to Java 1.4 + xerces.jar ?

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

How do I...

I have the boxed set of Band of Brothers - 6 DVDs. I've imported them all into SageMC (latest dev build and latest SageMC add-on as of this post date). No problem there. In my DVD file structure I have the following:

c:\my dvds\band of brothers\disc 1
......................................\disc 2
......................................\disc 3
......................................\disc 4
......................................\disc 5
......................................\disc 6

...there are the Audio_TS and Video_TS sub directories for each disc as well as a FOLDER.JPG for each DVD. So how do I give the parent folder, Band Of Brothers, a picture, too? Curently it just says "6 items". I've tried making a Video_TS directory with just the picture in there but then it just adds another instance of a sub directory but not displays the picture on my video's screen.

Thanks

AWS

Last edited by AWS; 06-28-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Do you have the option to go back to Java 1.4 + xerces.jar ?

Dirk
Sorry, I should have been more clear. It doesn't matter which version of Java is running, that xerces.jar file cannot be present anywhere in the java path with either 1.4 or 1.5 or it will cause the Profiler import to fail. I did find a "xercesImpl.jar" somewhere that I downloaded and put in the path that *seems* to keep them both working properly. We'll see how it goes!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
I have the boxed set of Band of Brothers - 6 DVDs. I've imported them all into SageMC (latest dev build and latest SageMC add-on as of this post date). No problem there. In my DVD file structure I have the following:

c:\my dvds\band of brothers\disc 1
......................................\disc 2
......................................\disc 3
......................................\disc 4
......................................\disc 5
......................................\disc 6

...there are the Audio_TS and Video_TS sub directories for each disc as well as a FOLDER.JPG for each DVD. So how do I give the parent folder, Band Of Brothers, a picture, too? Curently it just says "6 items". I've tried making a Video_TS directory with just the picture in there but then it just adds another instance of a sub directory but not displays the picture on my video's screen.

Thanks

AWS
Did you try putting the folder.jpg in the band of brothers folder, instead of in the VIDEO_TS sub folder of band of brothers?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It appears that there's a conflict between DVDPro2Sage (or at least *something* that runs when you try to import the Profiler data) and xerces.jar (that is needed for xmltv to work).
Hm... Looks like the rt.jar included in the java install and xerces both have org.w3c.dom and org.xml. Unfortunately, I don't know what to do about it If any java experts out there have any nice ideas, let me know
Old 06-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you want to get rid of xerces.jar for good and are running Java 1.5, you can try my XMLTV Importer, it doesn't need xerces.jar (but needs Java 1.5)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
If you want to get rid of xerces.jar for good and are running Java 1.5, you can try my XMLTV Importer, it doesn't need xerces.jar (but needs Java 1.5)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Thanks! Right now I'm running with xercesImpl.jar and things *seem* to be working okay, so I'm hesitant to mess with a good thing, especially after the many hours it took to debug this one. But if I find out that everything's not actually kosher, I'll definitely be trying this out.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Did you try putting the folder.jpg in the band of brothers folder, instead of in the VIDEO_TS sub folder of band of brothers?
Yeah, sure have - was the first thing I tried. It, Sage, will then just totally ignore the FOLDER.JPG picture for that directory and display the sub folders, each DVD, with their FOLDER.JPG image.

It kinda looks like I'm just out of luck.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, looks like it wouldn't work. I think the only thing you could do, is put each disk as it's own DVD, but that would mean you'll see 6 occurances of it when you look at My Videos, not very ideal...
Old 07-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi flachbar. Thanks very much for including the option to turn off the the 'Stop Popup Menu', it makes SageMC work so much better on my MVP.

There is still one place the popup menu appears though. If you are in a menu with a preview screen and press pause the preview screen turns to a rectangle placeholding image. You can restart the video by select the text underneath it. The problem is rather than going straight to playback of video the popup menu still appears, which takes an age on my MVP. I'd like to change it so that video playback starts again and we are taken to fullscreen video.

I've had a look at the STV in studio but can't see where to change this behaviour? Any tips?

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 07-02-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Hi flachbar. Thanks very much for including the option to turn off the the 'Stop Popup Menu', it makes SageMC work so much better on my MVP.

There is still one place the popup menu appears though. If you are in a menu with a preview screen and press pause the preview screen turns to a rectangle placeholding image. You can restart the video by select the text underneath it. The problem is rather than going straight to playback of video the popup menu still appears, which takes an age on my MVP. I'd like to change it so that video playback starts again and we are taken to fullscreen video.

I've had a look at the STV in studio but can't see where to change this behaviour? Any tips?
If you can wait a bit - I now have a MVP myself , and of course this bothers me too, so it will definetly be added in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Sage Expert

Placeshifter and SageMC

Should you be able to use the latest placeshifter as a client with the latest SageMC by flachbar? The service is running but am unable to connect to it's local IP?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Should you be able to use the latest placeshifter as a client with the latest SageMC by flachbar? The service is running but am unable to connect to it's local IP?
Yes, it should work. Did you enable/configure the Placeshifter server ? You have to do this with the standard STV (temporarily switch to SageTV3.xml), since the settings are not available in the SageMC STV ...

Dirk
Old 07-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yes, it should work. Did you enable/configure the Placeshifter server ? You have to do this with the standard STV (temporarily switch to SageTV3.xml), since the settings are not available in the SageMC STV ...

Dirk
Ah that makes sense. I don't see them there either though as the only option referes to starting and stopping the service only but not to placeshifter. I looked in the manual appendix and those options seem to have vanished even from the main STV. Also it's difficult at best to switch to main STV given the whole completely messed up STV XML thing. Thanks for the assistance Dirk.

Last edited by snoopy; 07-02-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Sage Expert

Sort by Channel

Sort by Channel (with icons for each channel).

My wife routinely clicks. My TV/Movies/Changes to All upcomming/Genres and would like to sort by channel number&icon within each Genre.

Last edited by snoopy; 07-02-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Closed Thread