SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

6.3.2c

Minor update 6.3.2c available:

- fixed 'Archived' icons not showing up
- always close mediafile after playlist has finished, will hopefully fix reported issue
- look for xxx_category_subcategory_xxx.png color guide bars if present

And since I know everyone is waiting for it (well, it was in fact my wife bugging me every day ), I hacked up a quick-and-dirty YouTube integration, no guarantees that everything works, but we already watched some videos successfully ... If there are issues, it might take a while before I can get to fix them. A better port of the default STV changes (including the new layout with preview) will also follow at some later point.

To get access to YouTube, add the following to your menu xml file (either with a text editor, or by copying it to the windows clipboard and then selectin "Paste menu item from clipboard"):

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
   <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Google Video Menu" title="YouTube">
              <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("OnlineVideoType", "xYouTube")</evalExpression>
   </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
Dirk
Old 03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I haven't followed up on this issue in a long time (forgot about it).

I noticed the other night in my guide, the lovely light colored bar for family guy. I had forgotten I supplied a custom bar for "animated". I then remembered that it never shows up because it is very rare for a show to be labeled as just animated. Most of the time its either "sitcom/animated" or some other standard.

I was wondering, was there ever a work around for this problem? A way to decide which is the main genre. If MC sees a "sitcom/animated" have it default to animated?
Check out 6.3.2c and copy your color bars to tvguide_button_sitcom_animated_middle.png and tvguide_button_light_sitcom_animated_middle.png

Dirk

Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Now this is weird, I have never have experienced this behavior. Did this happen with the newest update ? This part of the code didn't change at all. Anyone else seeing this ?

Dirk
Yes it was with the newest build. I'll try to verify it again today. Maybe it was a one time anomaly. BTW, thanks for the updates
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Did you try if using UNC paths for the import directories makes any difference ?

Dirk
Thanks for the help Dirk,

Do I need to specify the path on the server or on the client or both?

I will give it a try tonight.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
"The timebar displays that I am at the start of the show when in reality I am actually at whatever point it is in recording the show."
Anyone else seeing this ?

Dirk
Yes. Being seeing this on and off since Sage 5.0.4. I understood it was a bug in sage.

I've got used to pushing rewind when ever I start watching a show that is still recording.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the updates Dirk. I'll have to install them after work today.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Flachbar. Thanks again for an excellent update! Now for another request. There is plugin for viewing web pages made by Nielm here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23376
It works fine, even in SageMC if you make a dynamic menu link. However, it is supposed to also automatically make any clicked on RSS feeds open the page from within Sage instead of opening it in your default computer browser. Since we have the RSS integration already, I think something is not linked then in the SageMC STV for this to work, because clicking an RSS headline still opens it in the default browser rather than using the web page reading plugin. Can you check this, and see if you can fix it?

Also, FYI, if you install his plugin, to use both lynx and w3m for viewing pages, one OpenSSL package was missing to get a needed dll even though I followed Nielm's instuctions. I'll have to let him know on his thread about that.

Last edited by Madcoder; 03-05-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

Just got wife to cave and give SageMC another go. She likes it this time. But the "W" watched Icons on the imported videos that she got used to are gone. I looked in the SageMC settings and did not see anything there, when in folder view is it possible to get an Icon to show if the show has been watched?

One of the main reasons I wanted to switch to SageMC is that it's metadata support is awesome. I currently have .my files for all my video imports, which is ALOT of videos. and I was wondering if there is a way to import them into SageMC directly? I know sage reads the .my file when I pick the video but I want to be able to search for the information from the Search screen instead of opening every episode of some show to find what I am looking for.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Hi Flachbar. Thanks again for an excellent update! Now for another request. There is plugin for viewing web pages made by Nielm here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23376
Ack! How did I completely miss that plugin?!?!

My wife likes to read the stories linked by the RSS feeds all the time. I have Girder set up to control opera from the remote, but it is a kluge at best. This is the only thing keeping me from switching to FSE since sage doesn't restore properly afterward. I would be very interested in getting this working in SageMC.

I'll help in any way I can.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
It works fine, even in SageMC if you make a dynamic menu link. However, it is supposed to also automatically make any clicked on RSS feeds open the page from within Sage instead of opening it in your default computer browser. Since we have the RSS integration already, I think something is not linked then in the SageMC STV for this to work, because clicking an RSS headline still opens it in the default browser rather than using the web page reading plugin. Can you check this, and see if you can fix it?

Also, FYI, if you install his plugin, to use both lynx and w3m for viewing pages, one OpenSSL package was missing to get a needed dll even though I followed Nielm's instuctions. I'll have to let him know on his thread about that.
This is certainly on the to-do list, but probably not that trivial. SageMC contains a specially tailored version of the RSS plugin code, and every time the plugin code gets updated I need to identify the changes and re-apply them in the SageMC STV. So most likely it's not just an easy and quick 'fix', but a bigger change. I would love to have that functionality myself, so you can be rest assured that it will be included at some point.

Dirk
Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Remote stops working

Hey guys,
Been a long time since I posted, but I'm having a new remote problem

Ever since I upgraded from 6.3.2a to 6.3.2b (I am now on c), after I turn the TV (only) off while I'm at work, I come back and the remote isn't working. I have to reboot the server in order to get the remote working again.

Could this be a problem with SageMC or some other issue?

Thanks,
Dana
Software - Win7 64 bit, SageTV 7.1.9, Java v6, HD100 firmware v20100212-0, HD200 firmware 20100909 0
Old 03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Sage Expert

Date fields being cut off

Hello,

To get the display correct on my big screen, I have to reduce the overscan to fit the screen, but now the date on the main screen and the original air date on a TV show's detail screen is now cut off and displays ie. "02/07..." instead of the full date. Is there a font option that can be changed to enable the date to fit in the field?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps
Hello,

To get the display correct on my big screen, I have to reduce the overscan to fit the screen, but now the date on the main screen and the original air date on a TV show's detail screen is now cut off and displays ie. "02/07..." instead of the full date. Is there a font option that can be changed to enable the date to fit in the field?

Thanks,
Jeff
I am seeing this too. I'm not using the newest c version however. Interesting thing is that there seems to be plenty of room to display the extra information, but it still is showing 3/5/.... (where within the .... the 07 could be fit). I haven't touched my overscan in a long time.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 03-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
Hey guys,
Been a long time since I posted, but I'm having a new remote problem

Ever since I upgraded from 6.3.2a to 6.3.2b (I am now on c), after I turn the TV (only) off while I'm at work, I come back and the remote isn't working. I have to reboot the server in order to get the remote working again.

Could this be a problem with SageMC or some other issue?

Thanks,
Dana
I would place the blame on some other issue. I can't see a user interface breaking remote software.

What remote are you using anyway. Any external software such as girder or HIP?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Sage User

I had some problems with the date being cut off, Tue, Mar ...
I had 2 icons to the left of the date, record (red cassette) and conflict.
In the settings I turned of the record incon and everything fit.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenlj
I had to do the same thing..
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenlj
Have you guys ever tried the setting 'Compact Clock Display' in SageMC Options/Visual ? If this doesn't help, you can also reduce the Clock Font Size in the SageMC Options/Colors&Fonts settings...

Dirk
Old 03-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Have you guys ever tried the setting 'Compact Clock Display' in SageMC Options/Visual ? If this doesn't help, you can also reduce the Clock Font Size in the SageMC Options/Colors&Fonts settings...

Dirk
I tried both of those things.. the second option didn't fix the problem, only made it smaller

I didn't keep getting smaller beyond the point where I could read it from a distance, so maybe if I'd kept reducing the font size (lowered it to 15 on my set) it may have worked.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

for me, its not the clock. Just the original recording date in the detailed info screen.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

Not too sure if I did this correctly..in reference to adding YouTube to SageMC..."To get access to YouTube, add the following to your menu xml file..."

Do I add this to an existing menu.xml and then access My Menu to use??

I tried creating a new menu.xml with just the YouTube reference..didn't work

Thanx!
Closed Thread