SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Just go to the Detailed Setup menu on your MVP and load the SageMC_169.xml file as you did on your PC.

Dirk

That did it.

Thank you
Old 02-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
So you are saying that PICTURE files show up in the VIDEO section ? This is odd, and looks like a core issue. Did you check if the same happens with the default STV ?
I tried it with the default STV which allowed me to "play" the .JPG and it turned out to be currupt picture files embeded with video. A while back after some HD trouble, Windows fdisk fix utility screwed up alot of .mp3's and other documents buy mixing up their content.

Quote:
Actually, the IMDB search also saves a 'folder.jpg' into the video folder. So in order to replace the image, simply copy over the new picture file and perform a new library rescan
Dirk
Yep, that fixed it. Again with Windows.... the Thumbs.db I was looking at in Explorer wasn't updated after the new IMDB pics were imported. Thanks for all the help Dirk. Great work with SageMC!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Jan, it's not a matter of starting/stopping - the Sage core need a library rescan to pick up the new picture. Try a manual import folder rescan the next time (from options menu in Video Library), and the new image should show up right away

Dirk
Dirk,

Thx, that did it! I should more often enter those option menu's

Jan
Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Having a bit of an issue, I have SageTV set to start in the system tray on windows start up, with SageMC loaded it always starts in full screen mode.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage User

Anyone know what might be preventing me from changing themes? On my server and on my MVP, I can go into the setup and change the theme, choose to restart the UI, but it always comes back up with the same theme. Any idea what might be causing this?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebdr
Anyone know what might be preventing me from changing themes? On my server and on my MVP, I can go into the setup and change the theme, choose to restart the UI, but it always comes back up with the same theme. Any idea what might be causing this?
Hate to reply to myself, but I got it fixed. I don't know what caused this, but something had a hold of the Images directory, so it couldn't be renamed. I happened to try to rename it myself manually and got an error that something was using it. A reboot solved it.

I have another question though. I was editing the menu with my MVP remote and couldn't figure out how to type capital letters. Is this a known feature or did I just miss something?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebdr
I have another question though. I was editing the menu with my MVP remote and couldn't figure out how to type capital letters. Is this a known feature or did I just miss something?
The 'Guide' button switches between upper and lowercase.

Dirk
Old 02-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
The 'Guide' button switches between upper and lowercase.

Dirk
thanks

i think i kinda like the lowercase letters now
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk,
any news on the upcomming sageMC? features or at least teases? come on don't start holding out on us
Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

Very nice, looks like it was maybe inspired by the mouse menus in MCE (although I must say, I like the format and look of this one much better ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
This thread has been too quiet lately, so I thought I'd chum the waters a bit and post a screenshot of something I've been working on for about a week. It is a toolbar with full mouse support. The toolbar is normally hidden at the top of the screen and rolls out when the top edge of the screen is clicked or the toolbar is focused by keyboard/remote. This is not just photoshopped. Everything you see is operational and all of the graphics are original (except the weather icons). I hope to have it available either in one of the next SageMC releases or as a separate import when it is ready. As of now I only have it in the main menu, but I plan on making it available in all screens. I may still change the layout but this gives an idea of one of the things I've been working on. Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Aloha,
Mike

Old 02-19-2007, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
Very nice, looks like it was maybe inspired by the mouse menus in MCE (although I must say, I like the format and look of this one much better ).
Thanks for the comments.

Here is a quick update. After some serious tinkering, I have the toolbar working with mouse rollover support. I'll be adding volume control buttons in addition to the existing mute button and probably a pulldown favorites menu of some sort (if I can figure out how to do it ). That should round out the basic functionality. I'll probably also supply some optional alternate toolbar backgrounds in different colors. All of the graphics used are .png files, so the adventurous soul could completely customize the look with a replacement background and icons.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-19-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
....so the adventurous soul could completely customize the look with a replacement background and icons.

Aloha,
Mike
Consider me adventurous.....time permitting.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
Dirk,
any news on the upcomming sageMC? features or at least teases? come on don't start holding out on us
The next version will be just a minor update release with bugfixes and some new smaller but neat features, though nothing world-shaking...

Dirk
Old 02-19-2007, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Consider me adventurous.....time permitting.

Wait a minute....should I take that as some sort of left handed complement?
(No offense to any lefties out there)

Hi kricker! How've you been?

BTW, just in case anyone cares. Kricker is the graphics guru who taught me everything I know about Photoshop. It took all of about 5 minutes.
(and just in case it wasn't clear, that was a self-deprecating joke)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:

Wait a minute....should I take that as some sort of left handed complement?
(No offense to any lefties out there)

Hi kricker! How've you been?
I've been REALLY BUSY! Good for the checkbook, bad for my sanity.

Not a left handed complement, I just like to play I let you and Dirk do all the heavy lifting. Maybe one day I'll realease a graphics pack as well.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
ok I know this has probably been addressed somewhere in this thread and I used to have it working, but I can't for the life of me figure out why my winamp visualizations don't work anymore. I haven't changed anything just regular upgrades up till now, no setting changes or anything, the winamp vis just doesn't come up any more. please help
Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69
ok I know this has probably been addressed somewhere in this thread and I used to have it working, but I can't for the life of me figure out why my winamp visualizations don't work anymore. I haven't changed anything just regular upgrades up till now, no setting changes or anything, the winamp vis just doesn't come up any more. please help
I've noticed it being flaky lately as well, but haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing the problem. For me, on a fresh reboot, it works, but after some point, it stops working...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

IMDB

Anyone notice that the IMDB has quit working again?
(or not bringing in all the info)

I noticed Nielm has new files out to correct the problem but was not sure if I could just copy his updated jars etc into my folders??!

-JD
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Anyone notice that the IMDB has quit working again?
(or not bringing in all the info)

I noticed Nielm has new files out to correct the problem but was not sure if I could just copy his updated jars etc into my folders??!

-JD
Just copy them.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Sage Icon

16x9 and music player - no prev/next track?

I was not sure if I should post this in the thread or not so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

When using playlists in the music mode, the previous and next buttons do not work. Only the FF and RW. Also the wrong buttons are used. instead of << or >> performing RW and FF the |<< and >>| perform RW and FF the << and >> do nothing. Usally the |<< and >>| skip sons like chapters in a movie.

I am using the latest 19x9 dev build an an MVP. Alos Sage 6.0.19.

SageMCE is awesome thank you for all of your hard work. It really is appreciated.

Thanks,
Skybolt.
Closed Thread