SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Love the fading of the menu items! -7? Really? And we thought 16F here this morning was bad!
lol well in celsius it isn't that bad. have you also noticed the video is playing in the background vmr9 must be enabled though

Last edited by matrix35; 02-16-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Love the fading of the menu items! -7? Really? And we thought 16F here this morning was bad!
-7C = 19.4F
Old 02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I know this may be premature, but are you going to be adjusting MC to use the new logo and waiting icons from 6.1.x?
Here's one of them. Just unzip in your .../sagetv/sagetv directory. It's a little bigger than I'd like, but I'm not that gifted with Photoshop.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagelogo2.zip (18.1 KB, 200 views)
Old 02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
-7C = 19.4F
LOL...Oh. My bad. Didn't look close enough!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
lol well in celsius it isn't that bad. have you also noticed the video is playing in the background vmr9 must be enabled though
No, I didn't. Since it's a picture, it's hard to see movement... LOL, J/K.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I wonder if Flachbar is busy yet adding the Youtube, and etc. updates from the newest RC yet.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Toolbar Teaser
Ok - Now that hurts! You are going to make me go out and get some kind of wireless air mouse or something!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Other than the new YouTube feature, is there anything in the new release candidate that we would not have using SageMC? I just loaded up the RC and my HD playback seems better, but haven't reloaded SageMC yet - I want to run a few different HD records first to see if playback stays consistent and stutter free.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
So far so good, but ... Although I now got a .jpg in the subdirectory containing the movie's image, it is not shown in SageTV ... still get that first frame picture.
However, if I stop/start SageTV, all is ok and the .jpg is used. I have waited for a day to see if it was a matter of time before SageTV picked the .jpg up, but nope.

Am I doing something wrong? Don't believe the stop/start should be required.

Jan
Jan, it's not a matter of starting/stopping - the Sage core need a library rescan to pick up the new picture. Try a manual import folder rescan the next time (from options menu in Video Library), and the new image should show up right away

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA
Dirk…First of all, I can’t thank you enough for your work on SageMC. The interface is the best in the business…especially the music section. I’ve tried a lot of the different media players and front-ends and SageMC has them all beat.
Nice to hear

Quote:
1). Some FLAC files are not importing. It seems to be just classical files, which by the way have very long titles and artist names. Is their a character limitation per field for FLAC tags? Is this a Sage thing or a SageMC thing?

2). It appears that when using MP3 files with IDV2.3 tags, SageMC will read and display in song details ALBUM ARTIST, COMPOSER and YEAR fields, but not so with FLAC files. Is this a Sage or SageMC issue? Can these be added for FLAC files? Also would like to request adding CONDUCTOR and CONTENT GROUP to fields read list.
SageMC doesn't do anything special for tag parsing (in fact it can't), it simply uses whatever the Sage core supplies. So anything tag / metadata related would have to be addressed in the core, and not SageMC

Quote:
3). How are the ARTIST, ALBUM ARTIST and COMPOSER fields being managed, specifically for FLAC? SageMC appears to have the ability to draw from all three of these fields and then list and organize the content in the VIEW BY ARTIST field. Options menu allows you to choose between one, two or all three of these fields to draw from. It appears like it also has the ability to use multiple artists in the ARTIST field, semi-colon delimited (separated), and SageMC breaks the separated names into their own separate entries for VIEW BY ARTIST. Can this also occur in the ALBUM ARTIST field? Again, it appears to work this way for MP3s with IDV2.3 tags. It seems like for FLAC files ALBUM ARTIST is simply copying the first entry in the ARTIST field. Is this correct? I ask because I would like to leave the artist field with just one entry so that it plays nice with other software programs and then list the multiple artists in the ALBUM ARTIST field and have SageMC break these up into separate artists. Make sense?
Same as 1) and 2), SageMC just uses the official Sage API's for handling / filtering these three fields, so any shortcomings would have to be addressed there

Quote:
4). Would it be possible to use multiple genres in the GENRE field, semi-colon delimited, and have SageMC break them up into separate genre listings.
Not supported by the Sage APIs

Quote:
5). Could VIEW BY GENRE be added to the library view options. This way I can add multiple genres to the qeue. Say I wanted to listen to a shuffled combination of JAZZ and R&B. I could select VIEW BY GENRE, select JAZZ, select add to qeue, repeat process for R&B. I know there is FILTER BY GENRE available, but there is no way to add the whole genre to the qeue this way. Does this make sense?
A separate VIEW BY GENRE view wouldn't be much different to the existing filter view, but I try to think of a way to add the feature you requested

Quote:
6). When an artist is selected and all their albums are in view, would it be possible to add a sort filter by the YEAR field. That way all the albums by that artist would display in chronological order.
I'll have a look at this, no promises though

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleonard
1. A few of my pictures folders/files are showing up under "My Videos". Though '\\Server\My Pictures' has many many more folders/files than are showing up, only these few are being displayed. I checked the properties for these particular folders and files, and they match the others.
So you are saying that PICTURE files show up in the VIDEO section ? This is odd, and looks like a core issue. Did you check if the same happens with the default STV ?

Quote:
2. I have my DVD library backed up and is working great under "My Videos" usind IMDB search & save video info. However, occassionally I get a DVD cover that is incorrect or dont like. Is there anyway to default back to use 'folder.jpg' after the IMDB info has been saved?
Actually, the IMDB search also saves a 'folder.jpg' into the video folder. So in order to replace the image, simply copy over the new picture file and perform a new library rescan

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
I've been toying around with the interface and here's what I've got. I haven't been following the thread lately and don't know who's working on SageMC. Does this interest anyone?
To be honest, since I don't use the SageMCE style it doesn't do much for me. Not enough time and too much other stuff in the queue to look at this in detail at the moment, sorry

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
I wonder if Flachbar is busy yet adding the Youtube, and etc. updates from the newest RC yet.

Slowly, guys... I haven't even downloaded, let alone installed 6.1.3 yet... Sorry, this will take quite a while, especially since there is other stuff already in the queue

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
...since there is other stuff already in the queue
You are killing me... Want to give us a hint?????????
Old 02-17-2007, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman
You are killing me... Want to give us a hint?????????
Nothing spectacular, and it might not even be interesting to everyone, but it's quite neat if you have use for it

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

The Google Video was neat when it came out, but it kind of lost my interest. It's either some girl in a bikini walking around, or some other stupid thing... I guess I should search more, instead of looking at the top rated videos, huh?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The Google Video was neat when it came out, but it kind of lost my interest. It's either some girl in a bikini walking around, or some other stupid thing... I guess I should search more, instead of looking at the top rated videos, huh?
I agree. I completely avoid the top rated videos because it just amounts to varying degrees of smut. The google picks seem to be a better bet, but we still hardly ever use the feature.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage User

I'm new to SageMC and have a question about it. I just installed the latest version of SageMC16x9 and it looks great. However, am I supposed to see the SageMC interface on my MediaMVP or the default SageTV interface. Currently, my MVP displays the default SageTV interface while my pc displays the SageMC interface. Is there a setting I need to change?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebdr
I'm new to SageMC and have a question about it. I just installed the latest version of SageMC16x9 and it looks great. However, am I supposed to see the SageMC interface on my MediaMVP or the default SageTV interface. Currently, my MVP displays the default SageTV interface while my pc displays the SageMC interface. Is there a setting I need to change?
Just go to the Detailed Setup menu on your MVP and load the SageMC_169.xml file as you did on your PC.

Dirk
Old 02-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Sage User

Ah, I didn't realize I had to do that on the MVP also. I'm watching a movie at the moment, so I'll have to try it when this is over.

Thanks
Closed Thread