SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
That could even be something like a right mouse click or some small icon to bring up the list like in my sample.
That's true. I guess a smallish button with a down arrow could be fit in there easily enough. I'll see if I can make that work after I get all of the basics hammered out.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Sage User

Issues with 'My Videos'

I'm having a couple issues under 'My Videos' on SageTV Client v6.0.19 running SageMC v6.3.1.

1. A few of my pictures folders/files are showing up under "My Videos". Though '\\Server\My Pictures' has many many more folders/files than are showing up, only these few are being displayed. I checked the properties for these particular folders and files, and they match the others.

2. I have my DVD library backed up and is working great under "My Videos" usind IMDB search & save video info. However, occassionally I get a DVD cover that is incorrect or dont like. Is there anyway to default back to use 'folder.jpg' after the IMDB info has been saved?

3. The majority of my DVDs are backed up to '\\Server\DVDs' and show up, but part of my DVD library is backed up to '\\Client\DVDs' and they are not showing up in "My Videos". A similar post, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=video+menu has a few suggestions I've tried. Is this the same SageTV issue that will be resolved in v6.1?

I am using UNC paths on both my Server and Client. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleonard
I'm having a couple issues under 'My Videos' on SageTV Client v6.0.19 running SageMC v6.3.1.

3. The majority of my DVDs are backed up to '\\Server\DVDs' and show up, but part of my DVD library is backed up to '\\Client\DVDs' and they are not showing up in "My Videos". A similar post, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=video+menu has a few suggestions I've tried. Is this the same SageTV issue that will be resolved in v6.1?

I am using UNC paths on both my Server and Client. Thanks!
If you are running sage in service mode on your server, try logging in to the same account you are running the service under. I found I had to do this to get an imported video share on my client to show up. I had essentially the exact same situation you are describing. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
If you are running sage in service mode on your server, try logging in to the same account you are running the service under. I found I had to do this to get an imported video share on my client to show up. I had essentially the exact same situation you are describing. HTH Mike
It's sounds this should be it. But... on the servers SageTV service control, it needs a password for .\Mike I get the error "Accounts with black passwords may not be used for service logon. Please set a password for this account."

I do not have a password for this account so that on bootup it automatically starts Windows and the startup programs/services. I primarily need RealVNC Server (service) to start so I get a GUI on my Workstation\Client computer. My server does not have monitor/keyboard/mouse.

Is there a way to set a password for .\Mike and still start Windows without a login\password?
Old 02-16-2007, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleonard
Is there a way to set a password for .\Mike and still start Windows without a login\password?
Try TweakUI from the 'XP Powertoys', it lets you configure an auto-login. I use it on all of my XP boxes

Dirk
Old 02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah what he said.

You can download TweakUI here. This is how I have all my computers set up as well.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage logo Screen saver has untitled at the bottom

Does anybody else have a sage logo screen saver with the word "Untitled" fixed at bottom of the screen.

This is with SageTV 6.0.19 and SageMC 6.3.2
Old 02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
... You can download TweakUI here. This is how I have all my computers set up as well.
Thanks MeInMaui & Flachbar, that fixed it and working great! Any ideas on the other two issues?
Old 02-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Try TweakUI from the 'XP Powertoys', it lets you configure an auto-login. I use it on all of my XP boxes

Dirk
Or else, at a DOS prompt, just type control userpasswords2 and uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". When you OK or Apply, windows will prompt for a default username/password to start up the computer.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Or else, at a DOS prompt, just type control userpasswords2 and uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". When you OK or Apply, windows will prompt for a default username/password to start up the computer.
Well sure. You could do that too if you wanted to make it look like you know what you're doing.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Does anybody else have a sage logo screen saver with the word "Untitled" fixed at bottom of the screen.

This is with SageTV 6.0.19 and SageMC 6.3.2
That is the ticker, which I assume you don't have any feed set up for. You can go into the ticker options (I think that's where it is) and turn off the ticker in the screensaver.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
That's what I did!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

Mike, that looks nice. So, you really were working on something, huh? LOL!

Can't wait to see a full version available.

LOL, now theres a 6.1.3RC available (it appears I've missed all the most recent betas...they just updated the beta thread for .3, and not any of the previous ones from 6.0.19...)? Almost makes me wish I didn't have a new table saw and dovetail jig to put together...not! (Can you still use that terminology, or does that date me?)

Last edited by geogecko; 02-16-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Mike, that looks nice. So, you really were working on something, huh? LOL!
Thanks Jason.

That's not the only thing. I've only been working on the toolbar for about a week. The project Dirk and I vaguely alluded to before has been in the works for almost two months.

Don't worry. I'm not slacking.

BTW, I started to do those webserver icons, but I didn't like the look of some of the new ones. I'll get back to them before too long.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-16-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Sage Icon

No rush. Would like to see what's taking 2 months!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
No rush. Would like to see what's taking 2 months!
Lots and lots of mistakes on my part, that's what.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

I know this may be premature, but are you going to be adjusting MC to use the new logo and waiting icons from 6.1.x?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been toying around with the interface and here's what I've got. I haven't been following the thread lately and don't know who's working on SageMC. Does this interest anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: png snapshot.png (664.4 KB, 396 views)
Old 02-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
I've been toying around with the interface and here's what I've got. I haven't been following the thread lately and don't know who's working on SageMC. Does this interest anyone?
Love the fading of the menu items! -7? Really? And we thought 16F here this morning was bad!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
I like the fade and adjusted spacing on the menu.