SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Oops, I didn't realize this was actually going to happen.
Hey Mike, my fault, I didn't comment on this before I uploaded the new version either ...

Dirk
Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage Expert

Fantastic! Looking forward to checking it out. One question - this is the first time I'll be updating from a previous version of SageMC (6.5). I assume I'll need to re-import and configure the STVi's I have installed, right? (MovieTimes, Web Radio, XMLTV, etc.) But I wanted to make sure there's not an easier way before I go through all that hassle. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Fantastic! Looking forward to checking it out. One question - this is the first time I'll be updating from a previous version of SageMC (6.5). I assume I'll need to re-import and configure the STVi's I have installed, right? (MovieTimes, Web Radio, XMLTV, etc.) But I wanted to make sure there's not an easier way before I go through all that hassle. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, you will need to re-import all your STVi's after loading the new SageMC STV. But there is some help available : try my other plugin STVi importer which makes importing plugin much easier, especially if you have a lot of them ...

Dirk
Old 06-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, you will need to re-import all your STVi's after loading the new SageMC STV. But there is some help available : try my other plugin STVi importer which makes importing plugin much easier, especially if you have a lot of them ...

Dirk
Sheesh. You've got to stop being so helpful!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sheesh. You've got to stop being so helpful!
He didn't really mean that...seriously.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Sage Expert

Looking good! And the importer worked like a charm. Now that I'm up and running and have (I think) thoroughly checked everything out, I want to just confirm a few of my findings re: SageMC vs. the normal v5.

1) It is not possible to get the channel logos on each line of the EPG in SageMC.
2) It is not possible to display scheduled recordings by tuner.
3) It is not possible to change the colors of the EPG from within the Sage settings (must be done by adding files and config manually)
4) There is no "REC" icon to show when something is being recorded from the various menus

Are these assumptions correct?

By the way, none of these are deal breakers at all - SageMC is fantastic! Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage User

Hi flachbar,

Love the new features and fixes.

I tried the "added option to set color for options menu background (try 0x5E86C3 for MCE theme)" but want to go back to the orig colour...can you tell me what the code was....I didn't write it down before I changed it.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Sage Expert

Arrggg! Someone please help me get my MetaData from DVD Profiler working properly again.

It's weird, I set it up a few days ago and it all worked perfectly, got a handful of dvds all imported without a problem. Today I updated to 6.6 and it's not working anymore, and while the timing seems coincidental I've tried switching back to the backups I made when it was working fine with no luck.

I've quintuple checked my paths. Here they are for reference:

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler
mlbdude/auto_meta_data_enabled=true
mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler\\collection.xml

I've tried moving around collection.xml to various places and changing the path to match with no luck either.

Basically, when I go to the videos folder and click refresh metadata, nothing changes but nothing new happens. Okay. Then if I go to a dvd that's already listed and click Edit Video Info and choose DVD Profiler Import - or if I try to import all offline videos - all of the categories repeat "Collection XML not found."

If I use the setting:
mlbdude/enable_dvd_profiler_errors=true

then on top of all the repeating "Collection XML not found" messages, I get a popup that says "DVD Profiler Errors 1. DVD Profiler functionality could not be started. 2. Make sure DVDPro2Sage is installed in your Sage folder." (which it is)

This is starting to drive me insane, especially considering I can't revert back to older installations and get it to work either. Seems to be something outside of Sage, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it could be.

Thanks!!!

EDIT: Just remembered that the other thing I did system-wide today was update Java to 1.5 for stuttering issues. Since DVDPro2Sage uses a java class, I thought that might be it. An uninstall of 1.5 didn't do anything though, although I don't know if that could be because there are still remnants of it left over? Anyone else using 1.5 and DVDPro2Sage with no problems? I also found another post from someone else who had the exact same problem I'm having but apparently wasn't able to figure it out either.

Last edited by popechild; 06-28-2006 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Sage Icon

Are you using Sage as a service, and if so, are you editing the correct properties file?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
1) It is not possible to get the channel logos on each line of the EPG in SageMC.
Yes, but this could be added in the future

Quote:
2) It is not possible to display scheduled recordings by tuner.
Yep, the parallel schedule menus have not been ported

Quote:
3) It is not possible to change the colors of the EPG from within the Sage settings (must be done by adding files and config manually)
Yeah, SageMC takes a different approach by using bitmaps instead of simple color attributes (to allow using different UI 'themes')

Quote:
4) There is no "REC" icon to show when something is being recorded from the various menus
Correct

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper99
Hi flachbar,

Love the new features and fixes.

I tried the "added option to set color for options menu background (try 0x5E86C3 for MCE theme)" but want to go back to the orig colour...can you tell me what the code was....I didn't write it down before I changed it.

Thanks
Hi viper99,

the default is 0x0066CC. In general, if you want to reset any setting to its default value, you can always close Sage, remove the corresponding setting from the property file, and restart. If the setting is not found, it will use the default value again.

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage User

flachbar,

Thanks....that's a good tip to know.

Thanks again,
Old 06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes, but this could be added in the future
Yep, the parallel schedule menus have not been ported
Yeah, SageMC takes a different approach by using bitmaps instead of simple color attributes (to allow using different UI 'themes')
Correct
Dirk
Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was getting full use out of my SageMC! By the way, have you ever seen the issue I reported earlier where the preview window doesn't resize properly or gets "stuck" in preview-size even when watching live tv?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was getting full use out of my SageMC! By the way, have you ever seen the issue I reported earlier where the preview window doesn't resize properly or gets "stuck" in preview-size even when watching live tv?
No, unfortunately I've never seen this (otherwise I would have investigated), and so far I think nobody else reported this either ... I would suspect that this is an issue outside of SageMC, maybe with the video driver ?

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

flachbar. I meant to post this post here, not in the other thread. I don't know how much you've been following the main SageMC thread. It's just a request...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2030

Looks like Mike already has glassy icons for it!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Are you using Sage as a service, and if so, are you editing the correct properties file?
Hmm... that is something else that I changed, but I'm not sure that I know what the correct properties file is? I see sage.properties and sageclient.properties. I'm using sage.properties, but is there a different properties file to use if you're running as a service?

For the record, I'd been running it as a service but disabled that yesterday as one of the things I was trying to do to get rid of jitter... If I switch back to running in service mode now, it doesn't make the meta data work properly, but I no longer get the popup error window, just all the lines of "Collection XML could not be found". I'm not sure why this would behave differently in service mode?

Would it help for me to post the results from the sage debugging console (winconsole) to show what's happening in the java?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
flachbar. I meant to post this post here, not in the other thread. I don't know how much you've been following the main SageMC thread. It's just a request...
No worries, I usually read every post in that thread too ...

Quote:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2030

Looks like Mike already has glassy icons for it!
Well, I don't use any offline videos, so first I would have to figure out how this stuff works ...
But I think this should be doable ...

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm... that is something else that I changed, but I'm not sure that I know what the correct properties file is? I see sage.properties and sageclient.properties. I'm using sage.properties, but is there a different properties file to use if you're running as a service?
If you are running Sage as a service, you have to use SageClient.properties for all UI and STV related settings. If you use it in non-service mode, Sage will pick up those settings from Sage.properties.

Dirk
Old 06-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
If you are running Sage as a service, you have to use SageClient.properties for all UI and STV related settings. If you use it in non-service mode, Sage will pick up those settings from Sage.properties.

Dirk
Okay, didn't know that. Unfortunately, regardless of whether I run as a service or not, and how I have the settings for each properties file, I get the same problem. I even tried making a backup of my entire SageTV folder and then uninstalling/reinstalling Sage, reimporting SageMC, reconfiguring, and still have the same problem.

EDIT: Have re-installed DVD Profiler with no success either. I've now found two places where others had the same problem. I have PMs out to them now, but there were no fixes listed that I could find in the threads. I'm going crazy here!!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...age#post126235

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...age#post133689

Last edited by popechild; 06-28-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, didn't know that. Unfortunately, regardless of whether I run as a service or not, and how I have the settings for each properties file, I get the same problem. I even tried making a backup of my entire SageTV folder and then uninstalling/reinstalling Sage, reimporting SageMC, reconfiguring, and still have the same problem.

EDIT: Have re-installed DVD Profiler with no success either. I've now found two places where others had the same problem. I have PMs out to them now, but there were no fixes listed that I could find in the threads. I'm going crazy here!!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...age#post126235

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...age#post133689
Ah, I looked at your original post again. Here is the post you need to look at.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2011

You need to have your collection.xml file exported to:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE

Because it appears to be hard coded, and ignoring the place where you tell it in the properties file. Appears to be a bug.

Might want to change the properties file to reflect that as well, when and if it does get fixed, it will still work.

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\collection.xml

instead of:

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler\\collection.xml

Last edited by geogecko; 06-28-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Closed Thread