SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

What's with all the men afraid of their women?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
Even with out restrictions, having the visual representation that the female-enforcer has indeed seen the show would be great.

But a nice popup of:

1) Delete show?
- yes
2) Are you sure you want to delete this show that the little woman has not yet watched and is likely to force you on the couch for 2 weeks?
- yes
3) Did you remember to hide a pillow downstairs?
Just out of curiousity, how would Sage know it was the "female-enforcer" that watched the show instead of you? Would it track how many incorrect buttons were pushed on the remote to start the show or something?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Sage User

Quick question Re: Upgrading.

I've been using SageMC for awhile but have done a clean install everytime I upgraded to a new version. Now my Sage install is releatively stable and I'd rather not have the hassle.

So for upgrading do I just need to extract the newest SageMC pack to the approprate folder and then load the STV from the settings panel as usual? Also do I have to reinstall my imports (i.e. Movietimes, etc.) after installing the new SageMC? Thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
Quick question Re: Upgrading.

I've been using SageMC for awhile but have done a clean install everytime I upgraded to a new version. Now my Sage install is releatively stable and I'd rather not have the hassle.

So for upgrading do I just need to extract the newest SageMC pack to the approprate folder and then load the STV from the settings panel as usual? Also do I have to reinstall my imports (i.e. Movietimes, etc.) after installing the new SageMC? Thanks
From which SageMC version are you upgrading ?

Dirk
Old 02-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
From which SageMC version are you upgrading ?

Dirk
6.3.1 I beleive.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
6.3.1 I beleive.
Yeah, no problem. Just
  • download the upgrade package
  • shut down the UI (and server if you are running MVP / Placeshifter)
  • extract all files in the package
  • start up UI
  • load the new STV file
  • restart the UI once more
and you are done. If you really want to play it safe, simply backup the whole SageTV directory to SageTV.bak (or similar). If anything goes wrong, just delete the SageTV dir and rename SageTV.bak back to SageTV

Dirk
Old 02-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Yeah, no problem. Just
  • download the upgrade package
  • shut down the UI (and server if you are running MVP / Placeshifter)
  • extract all files in the package
  • start up UI
  • load the new STV file
  • restart the UI once more
and you are done. If you really want to play it safe, simply backup the whole SageTV directory to SageTV.bak (or similar). If anything goes wrong, just delete the SageTV dir and rename SageTV.bak back to SageTV

Dirk
Sorry Dirk .. one more question. Will I have to re import all my imports? or will they still be there after upgrading?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry Dirk .. one more question. Will I have to re import all my imports? or will they still be there after upgrading?
Oops, must have missed that one

Yeah, you will always have to re-import all you plugins after updating the STV. If you are upgrading often then my importer plugin will ease this procedure a little.

Dirk
Old 02-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Got a question. I got some +1 hour movies (mpg), some I want to continue watching where I last stopped, but sometimes I would like to start from the beginning.

I have set the "Reset watched shows when playing again" to no, as I expected that if I would go in the 3e time, it would start from beginning (so only the second time I would 'continue' where last stopped). But it doesn't work that way, it always 'continues'.

How can I force a movie to restart from the start. With a DVD Sage asks if you want to continue or restart.

Jan
Old 02-06-2007, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
Got a question. I got some +1 hour movies (mpg), some I want to continue watching where I last stopped, but sometimes I would like to start from the beginning.

I have set the "Reset watched shows when playing again" to no, as I expected that if I would go in the 3e time, it would start from beginning (so only the second time I would 'continue' where last stopped). But it doesn't work that way, it always 'continues'.

How can I force a movie to restart from the start. With a DVD Sage asks if you want to continue or restart.

Jan
For this case I usually hit 'Stop' right away and select 'Restart'...

Dirk
Old 02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

dirk--do you plan on updating and integrading neilm's new RSS/Podcast stuff into this .stv? I mean-it was released like 7 hours ago

Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Dynamic Menu Not Working

Howdy,
I've been using sage v5.x and the various SageMC16x9 versions without any problem. Recently, I upgraded to SageTV v6.0.19.120 and SageMC 6.3.2. It really rocks...the new features are great. However, I'm having trouble with the Dynamic Menu. I can add MYMENU to the home screen and create links to internal screens as I always have, but none of them will work. If I add the same internal screens using the SageMC Custom1-Custom5 interface, they work fine. But anything I add to the Dynamic Menu gets added fine, but will not launch anything. This is true when I try to launch them from the MyMenu interface, or whether I make the Dynamic Menu my home screen. I also tried doing a clean install and had the exact same problem.

Please help...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Just out of curiousity, how would Sage know it was the "female-enforcer" that watched the show instead of you? Would it track how many incorrect buttons were pushed on the remote to start the show or something?
LOL

OK, sorry for this useless post, but dang that deserved some credit.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Sage User

Silly Question

I am finally setting up the Google video options in MC. Can someone tell me how to make the onscreen keyboard produce lower case letters???

Any other fun customizations other than Movie times out there?

Thanks,
ED
Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgross
I am finally setting up the Google video options in MC. Can someone tell me how to make the onscreen keyboard produce lower case letters???

Thanks,
ED
"Guide" button.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowelf
Howdy,
I've been using sage v5.x and the various SageMC16x9 versions without any problem. Recently, I upgraded to SageTV v6.0.19.120 and SageMC 6.3.2. It really rocks...the new features are great. However, I'm having trouble with the Dynamic Menu. I can add MYMENU to the home screen and create links to internal screens as I always have, but none of them will work. If I add the same internal screens using the SageMC Custom1-Custom5 interface, they work fine. But anything I add to the Dynamic Menu gets added fine, but will not launch anything. This is true when I try to launch them from the MyMenu interface, or whether I make the Dynamic Menu my home screen. I also tried doing a clean install and had the exact same problem.

Please help...
Can you check if you have a net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu folder in your SageTV directory left over from a previous installation ? If so, delete this folder and restart SageMC

Dirk
Old 02-07-2007, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
dirk--do you plan on updating and integrading neilm's new RSS/Podcast stuff into this .stv? I mean-it was released like 7 hours ago

Thanks,
Juc
HI JUC,

sure I will update the code in SageMC at some point I haven't looked at it yet (even though it is already more than 7 hours old ), but I assume this will be a non-trivial task, so don't expect it to be in the very next version...

Dirk
Old 02-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Sage User

That did it, Thanks Dirk!! I just deleted net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu, restarted and all is good. Thanks so much and also thanks for all the millions of hours work on this stv!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
For this case I usually hit 'Stop' right away and select 'Restart'...

Dirk
Live can be so simple. I never actually 'read' the option, just took the restart for continue

Thanks Dirk!

Jan
Old 02-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Sage User

I'm having some trouble, getting external programs to work.
I want to create a sub menu, which contains buttons for some batch scripts.

So i create a new menu item "New external program", and add nothing in arguments, and nothin in sleep Sage etc.
But when i hit the button, the commandline windows just opens, and starts in C:\ program files\Sage\Sagetv

It does not run my batch script. I've tested it outside Sage, and it works fine. I'd just like it to run in the background of sage.

Regards
Closed Thread