SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemse
but I hope that play from here feature will get on shortlist to do and not the long list!?
It turned out to be so easy that it will be in the next version

Dirk
Old 01-24-2007, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
If I knew where to look, I could just fiddle with it until I got it where I would like. I am looking for something like an offset of RED to "pop" out at the eye just a tad.
Hi John, I'm trying to stay away from an 'option overkill', especially for such small things. Just edit the color/alpha of the widget selected in the attached screenshot. Well, if this will get requested from a lot of people, I might throw in a setting...

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg epg.jpg (33.5 KB, 280 views)
Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=JParedis]That's correct, all ripped DVD's.

I'm not that familiar with the interior workings of SageMC, but did notice in the client log

Tue 1/23 20:28:41.895 Sage is going to SLEEP
Tue 1/23 20:28:43.707 Sage is going to SLEEP

[QUOTE]

Just a thought,
Did you check in your SageMC settings to make sure 'Use external DVD' is not chosen?
That would cause what you describe.
-JD
Old 01-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Thanks to your feedback, another problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Just to double-check - you didn't enable 'Use External DVD Player' in the SageMC options by accident, right ?

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Just a thought,
Did you check in your SageMC settings to make sure 'Use external DVD' is not chosen?
That would cause what you describe.
-JD
That was it, I had "External DVD PLayer" enabled in SageMC settings, and yes - did this very recently. I went through all the settings with installing the new screen, activated in Sage the setting "DVD ROM Drive" and must have read the SageMC settings not good enough and had it confused with DVD ROM Drive enabling. My error That'll teach me to not after a full day's work start changing settings after midnight

Thanks for that quick response, HIGHLY appreciated! I do read through some thread's to pick up knowledge, but hadn't picked this one up yet.

Jan
Old 01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Feature Request - Play CD

Would it be feasible to add a "Play CD" feature to SageMC? This is totally a WAF request, but occasionally, with a new CD, there are times when it would be more convenient to play it as you would a DVD. Of course, it would be ideal if Winamp visualizations would be supported with this as well.

Just a thought. Perhaps it wouldn't be a popular feature with others, I don't know. I suspect you've already got plenty of requests to keep you busy!!

Thanks,
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
Would it be feasible to add a "Play CD" feature to SageMC? This is totally a WAF request, but occasionally, with a new CD, there are times when it would be more convenient to play it as you would a DVD. Of course, it would be ideal if Winamp visualizations would be supported with this as well.

Just a thought. Perhaps it wouldn't be a popular feature with others, I don't know. I suspect you've already got plenty of requests to keep you busy!!

Thanks,
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=137897

Good luck. It's not built-in to the SageTV core, and I've been asking for it since version 2.

They do not seem interested in adding it, even though I could show that 80% of the people that replied to my poll, wanted the feature.

I gave up.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
For those that have not setup commercial skipping, and wish to use ShowAnalyzer and DirMon2 to do it, I've put together a little tutorial on how to go about it.

The one in the Wiki was done a while back, but the interfaces to the two programs have changed enough, that it's a little confusing.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

There are a bunch of screen captures to help people get up to speed pretty fast.

Good luck.

Here's to Kirby for inspiring me.
Jason,

Just wanted to say thanks for the clear instructions - easy to find and easy to follow. Commercial skipping is off the checklist - DVD burning is next.

BTW, the ShowAnalyzer GUI has changed again. I'm really NOT trying to find work for you, but you might consider replacing that screenshot.

Thanks again,
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=137897

Good luck. It's not built-in to the SageTV core, and I've been asking for it since version 2.

They do not seem interested in adding it, even though I could show that 80% of the people that replied to my poll, wanted the feature.

I gave up.
Jason,

That may be the first poll that made me laugh!! (And then turn a little red, as I can't believe I didn't find it in all my searching!)

Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Old 01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, and in case your wondering, yes, I am posting over and over simply to get my post count up.

Isn't that what you did?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Jason,

Just wanted to say thanks for the clear instructions - easy to find and easy to follow. Commercial skipping is off the checklist - DVD burning is next.

BTW, the ShowAnalyzer GUI has changed again. I'm really NOT trying to find work for you, but you might consider replacing that screenshot.

Thanks again,
Sure. I'll see about getting around to changing the screenshot. That should be easy enough. I guess I didn't realize they had changed.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Oh, and in case your wondering, yes, I am posting over and over simply to get my post count up.

Isn't that what you did?
Yes, that is what I did, and what I'm doing now!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Channel Jump from Main Menu -- Turn Off?

Hi,

I'm having some strange problem with my remote where it somehow convinces Sage that I want channel 7 from the main menu when I turn on the system. This problem could be solved by making the "Channel Jump from Main Menu" an option... Is it possible to make this an option? I know it's caused by the remote, but I'm hoping its easy to turn this into an option...

Thanks in advance, flachbar, if you are able to solve this!

Best wishes.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotuitdan
Hi,

I'm having some strange problem with my remote where it somehow convinces Sage that I want channel 7 from the main menu when I turn on the system. This problem could be solved by making the "Channel Jump from Main Menu" an option... Is it possible to make this an option? I know it's caused by the remote, but I'm hoping its easy to turn this into an option...

Thanks in advance, flachbar, if you are able to solve this!

Best wishes.
Hi,

I assume you are using the standard SageMC main menu, right ? Yeah I didn't anticipate any problems with this here, so I only put an option to disable the channel jump into the dynamic main menu. I can make this option global for both menu modes

Dirk
Old 01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

New version 6.3.2

SageMC version 6.3.2 can be downloaded here.
Changes/additions worth mentioning are:

New Video Import Library metadata usage

To fix the issue with the SageMC video library metadata and the way the default STV handles it since v6.0 I changed the access of metadata in the SageMC STV, it now conforms to the default STV behavior of version 6.0. Unfortunately, this means that your currently existing info in the video library will not show up correctly any more, the titles will be empty. You have the following options:

- if you have everything in DVD Profiler, simply refresh the DVD Profiler metadata
- perform a new manual IMDB lookup for all your videos

You can also try the automatic 'migration' module which can be found in SageMC Settings/Extras. It will scan your database and update the titles of all imported video files automatically. Note that this utility has only to be run once, otherwise it will revert the info back to the original state. I tested it myself on my database without any problems, but I would strongly recommend to make a backup of your wiz.bin. If it doesn't work for any reason, revert to the saved database and update manually.

Fixes and updates for DVD Profiler integration

- I fixed an issue where the cover art imported from DVD Profiler would not be copied to the correct location (for existing 'online' videos). The refresh code copied it into the DVD folder instead of VIDEO_TS, so it couldn't be picked up by Sage. I was surprised that nobody has ever complained about this.

- the DVD Profiler import code was supposed to automatically select all new (non-existing) videos in the import list. This did not work, and has been fixed.

- I often ran into the issue where I mistakenly selected an already existing ('online') video when doing the DVD Profiler import. This generated a new 'fake' mpeg file in the offline folder, and resulted in having two icons for the video showing up in the library. I added a check to the import code to not generate an offline file if a real file already exists.

- Up to now the folder name of existing videos needed to be *exactly* the same as the title in the DVD Profiler database to get recognized during a metadata refresh. I added the ability to name your video folder any way you want, simply enter the real folder name into the 'Original Title' field in DVD Profiler. The metadata refresh will first try to match the folder based on title, and then it will try to match the Original title.

Extended weather maps

Previously the number of weather maps had been limited to 7 (since the left menu can't hold more than 7 buttons). I added a key mapping (configurable in the SageMC settings, it can use 'Custom1'-'Custom5' and 'Info') that will trigger the display of 7 additional weather map buttons, which can be configured in the usual way. I hope 14 maps will now be sufficient for everyone

Filtered Menus for Video and Music Library

It is now possible to have separate 'views' onto your music and video library, by pre-filtering the existing media files based on the import folder path. Basically, you can create one or more menu items for the 'My Videos' and 'My Music' menus and associate a specific import folder path with it. When you enter the library, only media files matching the import path will be displayed.

This filtering has been implemented with the 'doclet' functionality of the dynamic menus. Here is an example how to set it up:

1) Enter the following xml text into a text editor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
<internalScreenMenuItem
screen="My Music"
title="Classical Music">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "\\\\mediapc\\music\\Classic")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>

2) Edit the 'PathFilterExpr' and change it to the import path you want to filter on. Note that this has to match the folder name in the import libraries configuration exactly (case-sensitive!) If 'PathFilterExcludes' is 'false', only media files imported from the path specified will be displayed. If it is 'true', all media files from this path will be *excluded* from the view. Set 'screen' to 'My Music' or 'Video Library Folder View", and set 'title' to the title for the menu item.

3) Copy the whole xml text into the windows clipboard

4) Bring up the dynamic menu options dialog and select 'New...', it should offer you a menu item 'Paste Menu Item from clipboard'.

I use this functionality to separate my wife's classical music collection from our Pop/Rock CD collection, but it can e.g. also be used to limit access to certain video files (parental lock) by defining two separate menus for the video libray, one freely accessible for anyone, and one protected with a PIN code.

External Screensaver

You can now use any external program (including any Windows screensaver module) as the SageMC screensaver. There is a new screensaver options menu in the SageMC options which offers a new style 'External Cmd'. Select the executable (or *.scr file for Windows screensaver) and optional any command line parameter (has to be '-s' for *.scr files), and the next time the Sage screensaver kicks in the external command gets executed. I've tested it with various screensavers (including an Aquarium screensaver), and it works like a charm

Here's the list of other fixes and additions in this release:

- fixed: incorrect hour display in diskbar
- fixed: dynamic weather map URLs for European date format
- fixed: ticker not updating, centered ticker headline vertically
- fixed: context sensitive Home cmd in std main menu not working
- fixed: dimensions of "Update DVD Profiler Metadata" dialog
- workaround for core bug: switch aspect ratio not always working in overlay mode
- fixed: bleeding stop dialog
- added: disable main menu side menus if a PIN has been defined on the menu
- added: vertical ticker scrolling
- added: "max characters" setting for RSS ticker headline to avoid resizing (sorry, scrolling out left is not doable)
- added: show "Watched" button for videos in left hand menu
- added: RSS ticker enable/disable to OSD options menu
- added: Media Extender Quality setting to Detailed Setup
- added: "Play Album from here" in Album view
- added: "Rescan Library Folders" button to Picture library
- added: option to display single pictures zoomed
- added: option to append "\video_ts.ifo" to the external DVD player call
- added: option to disable channel entry feature in standard main menu

I also updated the full installation package which can be found here.

Note that there have been quite a lot of feature requests in the last weeks, and I was only able to get some of them into this release. If a particular feature is not included, it doesn't necessarily mean that I decided against it

Enjoy,

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 01-27-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Dirk, I can't get either the link here or the one in the notify thread to work. Notify has a bad link and this thread send me to a page that says I don't have permission to Access the page. The link in your signature is OK

John
Old 01-27-2007, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Hi Dirk, I can't get either the link here or the one in the notify thread to work. Notify has a bad link and this thread send me to a page that says I don't have permission to Access the page. The link in your signature is OK

John
Thanks John, I must have copied the wrong URLs...

Dirk
Old 01-27-2007, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

My ticker in SageMC just informed me that a new version was available!

How awesome is that? Thanks Dirk!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

What effect does this have if you are using FSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
External Screensaver
You can now use any external program (including any Windows screensaver module) as the SageMC screensaver. There is a new screensaver options menu in the SageMC options which offers a new style 'External Cmd'. Select the executable (or *.scr file for Windows screensaver) and optional any command line parameter (has to be '-s' for *.scr files), and the next time the Sage screensaver kicks in the external command gets executed. I've tested it with various screensavers (including an Aquarium screensaver), and it works like a charm
Old 01-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just got around to using the new RSS ticker when I installed this new version of SageMC, however the ticker is just repeating "Untitled" over and over again at the bottom of the screen. I have the Slashdot RSS feed set up, and can view it just fine via the RSS Feeds menu. It is the only feed I have and it is selected to display on the RSS ticker. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I just got around to using the new RSS ticker when I installed this new version of SageMC, however the ticker is just repeating "Untitled" over and over again at the bottom of the screen. I have the Slashdot RSS feed set up, and can view it just fine via the RSS Feeds menu. It is the only feed I have and it is selected to display on the RSS ticker. Has anyone else seen this?
Restart Sage. There is some initialization that needs to be done at startup.