SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius
If it could be configurable - to wrap or not to wrap..
...that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous feature requests
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them...

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-22-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius
If it could be configurable - to wrap or not to wrap..
That would be nice. And if set to not wrap, could you keep the focus in the right-side menu and just have it stop at the bottom? Right now, when you get to the bottom of a right-side list, it jumps to the left-side menu and then will wrap-scroll on the left.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
another vote for wrapping....
Old 01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
And if set to not wrap, could you keep the focus in the right-side menu and just have it stop at the bottom? Right now, when you get to the bottom of a right-side list, it jumps to the left-side menu and then will wrap-scroll on the left.
Believe me, I tried to find a solution for this several times (it bothers me too), but the Studio widgets simply don't give me enough focus control to achieve this

Dirk
Old 01-22-2007, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Believe me, I tried to find a solution for this several times (it bothers me too), but the Studio widgets simply don't give me enough focus control to achieve this

Dirk
I stand corrected, Bob just showed me a way to do it
Expect this to get fixed, sooner or later.

Dirk
Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I stand corrected, Bob just showed me a way to do it
I'm curious what you are using... Is it some listeners to kill the input when the table doesn't use it? You can use Up & Down listeners under the Table's parent panel to kill up/down input that would get used if the table passes along that input. The table would still scroll, but nothing else would happen when you get to the first or last items.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I'm curious what you are using... Is it some listeners to kill the input when the table doesn't use it? You can use Up & Down listeners under the Table's parent panel to kill up/down input that would get used if the table passes along that input. The table would still scroll, but nothing else would happen when you get to the first or last items.

- Andy
It's an up/down listener on the button widget that only triggers a 'PassiveListen()' if it's on the first/last table element - like "If (TableRow < Size(List))"

Dirk
Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It's an up/down listener on the button widget that only triggers a 'PassiveListen()' if it's on the first/last table element - like "If (TableRow < Size(List))"
That will work too. Just so you know, though: any listener that the table doesn't use gets passed up the UI widget chain. So, in this case, if you put empty up/down listeners at the next highest widget level above the Table, it will accomplish the same thing w/o any extra code like those if statements.

On a different table w/wrap scrolling, those if statements would stop up/down usage at the first & last elements even when those items were in the middle of the table display. But, placed at the higher panel, it stops in those places when the table isn't full enough to scroll.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
That will work too. Just so you know, though: any listener that the table doesn't use gets passed up the UI widget chain. So, in this case, if you put empty up/down listeners at the next highest widget level above the Table, it will accomplish the same thing w/o any extra code like those if statements.

On a different table w/wrap scrolling, those if statements would stop up/down usage at the first & last elements even when those items were in the middle of the table display. But, placed at the higher panel, it stops in those places when the table isn't full enough to scroll.

- Andy
Thanks for the info Andy, this is even more elegant, and I am sure I would have ran into the scrolling issue sooner or later !

Dirk
Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Path to filename

Is the actual filename still accessible from the interface? 2.2.8 (the default STV) used to show it under the show's details, which was useful when I needed to do something w/ the actual file (eg copy it to a laptop). I'm thinking that maybe I just have something configured wrong (too large a font for something?) but my show details ends w/ the length (eg 2 hours) followed by a comma--and I don't see a filename. I'm new to v6 and also to SageMC, so I don't know if it was ever there.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilerd
Is the actual filename still accessible from the interface? 2.2.8 (the default STV) used to show it under the show's details, which was useful when I needed to do something w/ the actual file (eg copy it to a laptop). I'm thinking that maybe I just have something configured wrong (too large a font for something?) but my show details ends w/ the length (eg 2 hours) followed by a comma--and I don't see a filename. I'm new to v6 and also to SageMC, so I don't know if it was ever there.

Thanks
Press the 'Info' button when you are in the 'Program Info' menu...

Dirk
Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Press the 'Info' button when you are in the 'Program Info' menu...

Dirk
Thanks!

And thanks for the amazingly quick reply!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question SageMC DVD play failure

I'm a happy SageMC user, and suddenly I can not play any DVD's anymore.

I'm running on my HTPC the Sage Service and SageMC.
I'm running on my MVP SageMC.
SageTV V6.0.19.120
Java Version 1.5.0_10
SageMC TV Version: 6.3.1

Recent behaviour:

Playing a DVD results on my MVP in a black screen.
Playing a DVD on my HTPC results in a very quick minimize and 'restore' of the SageMC screen. It is than no longer on the DVD select screen, but on the main screen (did it crash and restart?).

I'm not aware if I did change anything, the only change is a hardware change (replaced one of my 2 monitors by a Samsung flatscreen).

As someone may ask for log files, I enclose a service and a client logfile. These were not generated at same time. I did make the screen 'crash' about 3 times each and than stopped all. Nothing with the MVP, all on the HTPC.

Oh yes, I did got back to the Standard UI, and than I can play these DVD's ...

Any suggestion on how I can fix this would be appreciated (alternative would be to re-install from scratch ).

Jan
Attached Files
File Type: txt client.txt (62.3 KB, 220 views)
File Type: txt service.txt (33.5 KB, 206 views)
Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, that's the most diagnostic information I think anyone has provided in a first post about a problem. Great job!

Could this be the dreaded drive letter assignment problem?

What drive letter is your DVD drive, and has this changed recently? Have any of your hard drive letters changed recently?

I can't remember the specifics of that problem or if it's related to the problem you were having. I think the way it was solved, is you had to search through the properties file, and make sure there were no SageMC related properties, set to the DVD drive letter. For instance, one would be to check the DVD Profiler Offline DVD path, etc., and make sure they don't point to the DVD drive...

I'm sorry if this confuses you more, I just thought I remember something like this happening before.

EDIT:

Actually, based on your log files, it looks like you are talking about ripped DVD's and not a regular DVD in a DVD drive, correct?

Last edited by geogecko; 01-23-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Actually, based on your log files, it looks like you are talking about ripped DVD's and not a regular DVD in a DVD drive, correct?
That's correct, all ripped DVD's.

I'm not that familiar with the interior workings of SageMC, but did notice in the client log

Tue 1/23 20:28:41.895 Sage is going to SLEEP
Tue 1/23 20:28:43.707 Sage is going to SLEEP

For some reason it seems Sage is going to sleep (the 'crash' I observe?).

The server log does give some java errors:

Tue 1/23 20:24:19.881 Error communicating with server:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Tue 1/23 20:24:22.984 Error w/SageTV client connection:java.net.SocketException: socket closed

But here my knowledge is below zero The log is just too much info for me.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Play musik from here feature request

Dear Dirk

First of all thank you for the outstanding work on SageMC Great work with high WAF and also very happy user myself

I have been building my Music library recently and come to a point to ask for a feature. Apologizes if it has been asked and answered before.

The situation is that I have for instance an album containing all piano concerts from Beethoven. Typically each concert contains three different tracks (files)
So track 1-3 Piano concert 1 track 4-6 Piano concert 2 and so on.
to play concert 2 or 5 I either have to create a play list or make separate album just containing the tracks for the specific concert. Disadvantage which I do not like, is to get quite a lot of albums for each specific concert in the library which makes it cumbersome to select/find. I rather keep one album with all piano concerts.
My question is:
would it be possible to add a menu item once an album is selected to play from a specific track (file) onwards?
Hope it is.

Last edited by willemse; 01-23-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemse
Dear Dirk

First of all thank you for the outstanding work on SageMC Great work with high WAF and also very happy user myself

I have been building my Music library recently and come to a point to ask for a feature. Apologizes if it has been asked and answered before.

The situation is that I have for instance an album containing all piano concerts from Beethoven. Typically each concert contains three different tracks (files)
So track 1-3 Piano concert 1 track 4-6 Piano concert 2 and so on.
to play concert 2 or 5 I either have to create a play list or make separate album just containing the tracks for the specific concert. Disadvantage which I do not like, is to get quite a lot of albums for each specific concert in the library which makes it cumbersome to select/find. I rather keep one album with all piano concerts.
My question is:
would it be possible to add a menu item once an album is selected to play from a specific track (file) onwards?
Hope it is.
While you are waiting for a response from Dirk, a work-around for now might be to add each desired track to the queue and then play queue. It is essentially a quick and dirty playlist.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-23-2007, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemse
My question is:
Hope it is.
Certainly possible

For now, Mike's suggestion is a good workaround

Dirk
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
That's correct, all ripped DVD's.

I'm not that familiar with the interior workings of SageMC, but did notice in the client log

Tue 1/23 20:28:41.895 Sage is going to SLEEP
Tue 1/23 20:28:43.707 Sage is going to SLEEP
Can you test if those timestamps coincide with the time you press 'Play' on the videos ?

Quote:
The server log does give some java errors:

Tue 1/23 20:24:19.881 Error communicating with server:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Tue 1/23 20:24:22.984 Error w/SageTV client connection:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
I'm not sure either, but those might just be normal

Just to double-check - you didn't enable 'Use External DVD Player' in the SageMC options by accident, right ?

Dirk
Old 01-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Play musik from here feature request

Quote:
Certainly possible

For now, Mike's suggestion is a good workaround

Dirk

Dirk

Thanks for quick response and yes Mike's suggestion is a good work around same as creation of play list for the time being, but I hope that play from here feature will get on shortlist to do and not the long list!?

Again thanks for this fantastic users interface

Jos Willemse

Last edited by willemse; 01-24-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Closed Thread