SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Sure...

One thing, the image http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...n_07011009.jpg was kept in %Y%D%M format for both logs. The format for the ss_summary image was swapped.

Cheers.
Thanks for the logs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston
I was about to get around to it - honest !

Tim
No problem !

Dirk
Old 01-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is SageMC 16x9 only for HD 16x9 TV's, or can I use it on my 4x3 relugar TV?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123
Is SageMC 16x9 only for HD 16x9 TV's, or can I use it on my 4x3 relugar TV?
Although originally designed for 16x9 displays, it runs just fine on an ordinary 4x3 set

Dirk
Old 01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
I got that working just fine on my SageMC. Just to be sure, only select the top directory (not all subdirectories), else you get the behaviour you are having. Also, if a subdirectory has only one movie, that movie is displayed directly at the higher level - you can not drill down to that subdirectory and select the movie than.

For thumnails, I always do an IMDB search and save it. That gives me a great thumbnail. It also changes the 'title' above the thumbnail in only the movie name, excluding the directory name it's in.

Jan
Weird. All those directories are children (in the OS) of a single video import directory. (Well, strictly speaking, that same exact structure is duplicated across three video import directories, but that shouldn't matter--Sage has always merged them). That exact structure looks "normal" in the default stv in 2.2.8. In the default stv in 6.0 (as well as in SageMC), I just see the entire path as part of the name (eg kids\barney\Barney ABC) when I'd really expect to see it broken up into drillable levels.

re the thumbnails, I tried doing the IMDB search and then saving it--and all it did was update the text--not the icon. Besides, not everything will have an IMDB entry--so it might be nice to be able to "turn off" the thumbnails altogether. No way to do that, huh?

It just seems that the interface was so much cleaner in the standard 2.2.8 than the standard 6.0. SageMC is much, much cleaner looking than the standard 6.0, but maybe I'm just looking for cleaner still--and losing the ability to drill down is just a dealbreaker.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilerd
Weird. All those directories are children (in the OS) of a single video import directory. (Well, strictly speaking, that same exact structure is duplicated across three video import directories, but that shouldn't matter--Sage has always merged them). That exact structure looks "normal" in the default stv in 2.2.8. In the default stv in 6.0 (as well as in SageMC), I just see the entire path as part of the name (eg kids\barney\Barney ABC) when I'd really expect to see it broken up into drillable levels.
You can view by folder in v6's default STV too -- if you need help with that, please start a new topic in the SageTV Software forum section.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Take Grownups out of the Kids directory...
Yeah. Thanks.

Fixed the tags...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage User

ok--If I select "file system" and "view by list," I see what I'm looking for about 70% of the time. Here's the new problem: Some DVDs (folders w/ a VIDEO_TS folder under them) show up fine (as playable items) and others show up as folders w/ two items (!?). If I drill into those folders, I see a single entry in each: VIDEO_TS, and those also appear as folders containing two items. If I drill into those, I see nothing. The end result is that those DVDs are unplayable in the interface.

Here's the kicker: What makes those "special" is that they're stored on a different server than the ones that work ok. (Both the ones which work and the ones which don't are stored on boxes other than the Sage server).

Has anyone seen anything like this???
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Man, for once I WANT a company to spam me, but Sage didn't send email about v6 coming out!

Anyway, I am going to upgrade to Sage 6 and the newest SageMC 16x9. I am a Sage 5 + SageMC 16x9 user now... I used to update SageMC just by replacing that one XML file, back when there were still new releases for v5. (that is, I am stuck at 6.13a now.)

Once I install Sage v6 over my v5, will I have to do the SageMC 16x9 "base install" again or can I just get the SageMC_196.xml update like I used to?

TIA for the help.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
Man, for once I WANT a company to spam me, but Sage didn't send email about v6 coming out!

Anyway, I am going to upgrade to Sage 6 and the newest SageMC 16x9. I am a Sage 5 + SageMC 16x9 user now... I used to update SageMC just by replacing that one XML file, back when there were still new releases for v5. (that is, I am stuck at 6.13a now.)

Once I install Sage v6 over my v5, will I have to do the SageMC 16x9 "base install" again or can I just get the SageMC_196.xml update like I used to?

TIA for the help.
It might be a good time to do a new fresh install of sage (copying in your old wiz.bin and properties files) and the new base install of SageMC. It could save you some potential problems with jar files that some poeple have had. You could just install the latest dev release of SageMC, but make sure you install all of the files. Some of the jars have changed.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
It might be a good time to do a new fresh install of sage...
Turns out you do need to at least reinstall the SMC16x9 base package plus updates. Otherwise I don't seem to have had a problem installing 6 over 5.

Last edited by horseflesh; 01-12-2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilerd
re the thumbnails, I tried doing the IMDB search and then saving it--and all it did was update the text--not the icon. Besides, not everything will have an IMDB entry--so it might be nice to be able to "turn off" the thumbnails altogether. No way to do that, huh?
Had today the same issue, the default thumbnail was an image of the start of the picture, and the IMDB save did not save the picture. However, when I - for another reason - restarted Sage the pictures were the IMDB ones!

But have a look at this thread. That may do it. It:

- Explains the 'delay' in update, as there is a timing set (video_thumbnail_extraction_time_offset_sec=15).
- Allows automatic thumbnail generation to be stopped (video_thumbnail_generation=false).

Regarding the folders, I got something like you have. One top with subdirectories grouping movies and in each of these subdirectories with the actual movies (often only one file, sometimes I added a jpg). I have only the top folder in the video import, as you have, and it works great.

Jan
Old 01-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Genre icons

I can seem to find what I'm looking for in this thread...

With the latest sagemc 6.3.1 install, I don't have any genre icons. I can see the graphics in STV's/SageTV3/SageMCE/Images/GenreIcons, but they aren't showing up in the gui.

Obviously, I've been going through this thread, but it seems that they problems with this should have been taken care of by the new sagemc versions.

Any ideas??
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
I can seem to find what I'm looking for in this thread...

With the latest sagemc 6.3.1 install, I don't have any genre icons. I can see the graphics in STV's/SageTV3/SageMCE/Images/GenreIcons, but they aren't showing up in the gui.

Obviously, I've been going through this thread, but it seems that they problems with this should have been taken care of by the new sagemc versions.

Any ideas??
Do you have the top left button, in My Videos, set to Genre?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:57 AM

I am having trouble getting Other Programs to work. When I place a shortcut and jpg in the c:\sageOthers folder, i see the shortcut in the Other Programs screen, but the jpg does not show. If I select the shortcut SageTV is minimized to the tray, but the shortcut does not execute.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
Had today the same issue, the default thumbnail was an image of the start of the picture, and the IMDB save did not save the picture. However, when I - for another reason - restarted Sage the pictures were the IMDB ones!
No magic here This is caused by the image cache in the Sage core, the IMDB code saves the image correctly, but Sage still displays the old picture from the cache. There is currently no way around it, other than a restart.

Dirk
Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahb
I am having trouble getting Other Programs to work. When I place a shortcut and jpg in the c:\sageOthers folder, i see the shortcut in the Other Programs screen, but the jpg does not show. If I select the shortcut SageTV is minimized to the tray, but the shortcut does not execute.
Which SageTV / SageMC version ?

Dirk
Old 01-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

So I finally upgraded to 6.x and now I'm having a minor issue with Custom 1 button (not menu item). i thought custom 1 mapped to My TV but instead it's enabling/disabling a ticker...any thoughts?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
So I finally upgraded to 6.x and now I'm having a minor issue with Custom 1 button (not menu item). i thought custom 1 mapped to My TV but instead it's enabling/disabling a ticker...any thoughts?
Check the SageMC options and look specifically in Visual for the RSS options. The default is Custom 1 for that.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

So when did this change and is their still a custom button in the STV for My TV?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
So when did this change and is their still a custom button in the STV for My TV?
I believe it changed with the latest version.

You should be able to change it back, I believe, but I can't check right now, due to my wife doing her pregnancy workout...