SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiller
Dirk:

Seems to be a dynamic Menu issue, just not sure where to look.

If I use the Dynamic Main Menu I get the following error on loading the Menu.

Failed TO load XM...
menu file=c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\sagemc_menu.xml
Errors:
Invalid top level node version: 1.4 when parsing c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\sagemc_menu.xml

If I edit the version:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
and change it to:
<sageMenu version="1.0">
The menu will load but then I have the same probelm as before that it will not execute any of the menu items on the main menu.

I tried going back to the default Sage STV, reloading the 6_3_1_full release and re-importing SageMC, same results after the reload.

Thanks;
Rename or Delete the Net Directory in Sage, then exit and reload sage...That should fix the 1.4 node error. At least it did for me.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman4nj
Rename or Delete the Net Directory in Sage, then exit and reload sage...That should fix the 1.4 node error. At least it did for me.
Same here... I reloaded the latest version of SageMC, only to find that the old .NET directory was causing the problem.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgollehon
I just overwrote my SageTV/SageTV directory with 6.3.1. Restarted and Restarted. I can't change themes now though. When I choose a new theme and Sage restarts, the MCE theme is active but the theme menu says I have a different theme selected.

A screenshot should explain things more clearly. Please see attached.

Thanks.
I m having exactly the same problem on all of my HTPCs.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 01-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

RSS

SageMC 6.3.1 is great , thanks for the My Weather update (supporting links to filenames with a date in it)!

A quick question on RSS. I figured out how to enter the URL's and do get news items scrolling at bottom of the main menu. If I select a news item while on my PC, it opens the news item in my IE. Just wanted to check is this is how it should be, or is there a way to have it displayed within SageMC?

The reason I ask is that I access all mainly through my MVP, and of course I would only be able to read any items if displayed within SageMC on the MVP (which makes me wonder, what happens if I select an item via the MVP ..).

Jan
Old 01-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Has anyone else noticed, that after leaving Sage running for a while, that eventually, the RSS ticker stops displaying feeds?

I have it set to NOT only display new feeds, so I would expect that it would keep showing all feeds, continuously. Is that not how it was meant to work? If I restart SageTV, it comes back, for a while.

Im getting the same results after about 6 hours or so RSS feeds stop. I have to reboot to see them again. Disabling and Re-Enabling so not work. I'm also NOT using Show Only New Headlines.

PS. The Wife loves this feature

Thx

technazz
Old 01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage User

FF problem

I'm new to Sagetv, and just installed SageMC. I think SageMC is great, but I'm having a couple of problems.

First,
Is there a way to use the default style FF/RW in SageMC? The new style FF causes problems when fast fowarding a DVD recorded to my HD. I think this is being caused by my computer (very high cpu usage).

Second,
When stopping a DVD recorded to my HD (pressing the stop button twice), It restarts the Dvd, instead of going back to the main menu. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Thanks for any help,

mykirven
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed, that after leaving Sage running for a while, that eventually, the RSS ticker stops displaying feeds?

I have it set to NOT only display new feeds, so I would expect that it would keep showing all feeds, continuously. Is that not how it was meant to work? If I restart SageTV, it comes back, for a while.
Yes, it should continually display all feeds. I'll look into this...

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
I m having exactly the same problem on all of my HTPCs.
I probably could help you if you give me the same info I asked jgollehon for...

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman4nj
Yeah, forgot about that one, this is also a common cause. The net directory is left over from an older SageMC installation, and Sage will pick up the old java classes in there, even if you have the lastest JAR file installed.

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
A quick question on RSS. I figured out how to enter the URL's and do get news items scrolling at bottom of the main menu. If I select a news item while on my PC, it opens the news item in my IE. Just wanted to check is this is how it should be, or is there a way to have it displayed within SageMC?

The reason I ask is that I access all mainly through my MVP, and of course I would only be able to read any items if displayed within SageMC on the MVP (which makes me wonder, what happens if I select an item via the MVP ..).

Jan
Hi Jan,

yes this is the way it's supposed to work. Sage (and SageMC) do not contain any web-browsing functionality on its own, so using an external browser is the only way to display this info. Unfortunately, when using an MVP you are out of luck, the browser would be started on the server, and the MVP is not able to display this...

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykirven
I'm new to Sagetv, and just installed SageMC. I think SageMC is great, but I'm having a couple of problems.

First,
Is there a way to use the default style FF/RW in SageMC? The new style FF causes problems when fast fowarding a DVD recorded to my HD. I think this is being caused by my computer (very high cpu usage).
No, there is no way to change the smooth FF/RW for DVDs, but you can still use FF2/RW2 to skip in the standard way...

Quote:
Second,
When stopping a DVD recorded to my HD (pressing the stop button twice), It restarts the Dvd, instead of going back to the main menu. Is there a setting for this somewhere?
Hmm, this shouldn't happen. Which Sage/SageMC version are you using ? Can you post your property file ?

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Im getting the same results after about 6 hours or so RSS feeds stop. I have to reboot to see them again. Disabling and Re-Enabling so not work. I'm also NOT using Show Only New Headlines.

PS. The Wife loves this feature

Thx

technazz
Hi technazz,

could you enable debug logging and post the log file after the ticker has stopped working ?

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

mykirven
Have you tried using a different decoder filter?

I have tried Nvidia, Intervideo, ffdshow, amongst others and have had the same problem you speak of when trying to FF/RW... it usually locks up or gets stuck in the middle of doing something. (I can stop, skip chapters though) It also takes a long time to load the DVD when you press Play.

I found that by using the Cyberlink decoder (or stock Sage decoder) all my problems with FF/RW went away. The DVD also loads quickly (within seconds) using these decoders (on my system at least)

Many times I have had to experiment to find what works best for me and am just throwing this out so you might try these options.
Good luck -JD
Old 01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi technazz,

could you enable debug logging and post the log file after the ticker has stopped working ?

Dirk
Dirk, I'm doing the same. Got it running right now. As soon as it stops, I'll post the logs.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Looks like some of your files are not the latest version. Check:

- nielm_sagemenureader.jar (in JARs) 10/24/2006 32,094 bytes
- SageMenu.dtd 10/23/2006 2,229 bytes

Both are in the latest SageMC download packages

Dirk
Dirk:

I checked and I have the correct versions of the menu files.

There was a post above and now a couple more below that suggested renaming the 'net' folder.
I did that and everthing now seems to work great.
Not sure why but in any case the dynamic menus are working.

Thanks again for your help.
Paul Miller
Old 01-01-2007, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiller
Dirk:

I checked and I have the correct versions of the menu files.

There was a post above and now a couple more below that suggested renaming the 'net' folder.
I did that and everthing now seems to work great.
Not sure why but in any case the dynamic menus are working.

Thanks again for your help.
Paul Miller
Hi Paul,

if you wanna know why see my post above for an explanation. Glad to hear it works now for you !

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk, I'm doing the same. Got it running right now. As soon as it stops, I'll post the logs.
Cool, thanks Jason.

Question to those who experience this: are you running multiple remote clients (MVP or Placeshifter) at the same time ? Or SageTV server in non-service mode together with a remote client ?

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Sage User

FF problems

I am using SageTV 6.0.18 and SageMC 6.3.1.

Attached is my properties file.

Thanks,

mykirven
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage Properties.txt (32.4 KB, 181 views)
Old 01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am using SageTV 6.0.18 and SageMC 6.3.1.

Attached is my properties file.

Thanks,

mykirven
Hi mykirven,

so far can't see any reason why it would behave that way. Does this happen with all DVDs ? And only with ripped, or also with regular ones ?

Can you change the setting 'Back On Stop' to disabled and see if the problem goes away ?

Dirk
Old 01-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Cool, thanks Jason.

Question to those who experience this: are you running multiple remote clients (MVP or Placeshifter) at the same time ? Or SageTV server in non-service mode together with a remote client ?

Dirk
No clients here at all. Just running SageTV service with the UI on the same machine. RSS feeds are still running. I think it took at least 3-4 hours before it stopped working.