SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:27 AM
SageTVaholic

billiardball_showicons_v1.1

Hi all,

I have updated my show icon collection in the downloads section. I decided to rename the file to "billiardball_showicons" because I will be coming out with at least one more showicon set before long. Here are the details.

v 1.1
corrected naming of "conflict_resolved" icon (thanks flachbar )
added hdtv icon

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Sage Expert

I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly change the values in the numerical "SageMC Options" configuration pages.

For example, for the "Premieres Lookahead" setting under "Addon" the default is 7. If I click on that to change it though, it doesn't let me put the focus inside the current window where the setting 7 is already there. If I click on a new number (9 for instance) it doesn't replace the 7 with 9, it updates it to 79. Once it's been changed to 79, it can't be changed back but can only be added to again, etc.

I'm assuming this is something I'm doing wrong - can anyone help me out?

2nd: I don't see a difference between the "large preview window" being enabled and disabled. What might I be doing wrong on this one?

Thanks!

Last edited by popechild; 06-22-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi all,

I have updated my show icon collection in the downloads section. I decided to rename the file to "billiardball_showicons" because I will be coming out with at least one more showicon set before long. Here are the details.

v 1.1
corrected naming of "conflict_resolved" icon (thanks flachbar )
added hdtv icon

Aloha,
Mike
What about a preview pic on the download page showing all icons ?

Dirk
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
What about a preview pic on the download page showing all icons ?

Dirk
Added to the download page.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I
For example, for the "Premieres Lookahead" setting under "Addon" the default is 7. If I click on that to change it though, it doesn't let me put the focus inside the current window where the setting 7 is already there. If I click on a new number (9 for instance) it doesn't replace the 7 with 9, it updates it to 79. Once it's been changed to 79, it can't be changed back but can only be added to again, etc.
Yeah, SageTV doesn't allow to set the focus for text input widgets... I assume you are using a mouse, and this is one of the few limitations of SageMC: it is primarily designed for use with a remote or keyboard. You can easily delete the old value with backspace (or skip back on the remote), but I dont think theres a way to do this with the mouse ...

Quote:
I
2nd: I don't see a difference between the "large preview window" being enabled and disabled. What might I be doing wrong on this one?
Hmm, it should be noticeable. Did you set the option to "All" ? Otherwise you will only notice it in the program guide ...

Dirk
Old 06-22-2006, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
I know its possible to not display the channel numbers in the guide but I want the channel numbers, but I dont want the channel names because I have the logos. Is there anyway to not display these names?

Miller
Well, the option to omit the channel number was added to allow for longer channel names. Note that the width for this column stays fixed, so not displaying the channel names wouldnt really give you anything but empty space ...

Dirk
Old 06-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Got ya' on the need for the keyboard on the text imputs...

As for the preview pane, yes, I set it to ALL. There doesn't appear to be any difference in size whatsoever on my screen. I'm not sure what specs would be helpful but if you need any more info on my system specs I can give them to you. I'm running the latest (as of last night) SageMC.

And since I'm here anyway I might as well ask: is there any way to use a remote code to toggle to/from full screen?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

One thing that's been bugging me lately.

When you find a show you want to record, and you are into the details of that show, say on KABC. When you click record series, then go into series settings, there is an option for "channel." When you hit the up and down buttons, the only options available are KABC or Any. The issue, is that the show also exists on KABC-DT, so really, it should toggle between all three, not just two. Am I correct?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Got ya' on the need for the keyboard on the text imputs...

As for the preview pane, yes, I set it to ALL. There doesn't appear to be any difference in size whatsoever on my screen. I'm not sure what specs would be helpful but if you need any more info on my system specs I can give them to you. I'm running the latest (as of last night) SageMC.
Here are screenshots showing the difference in the guide, but the same size is also used in the main menu screens. Do you see the change that you can't select the actual preview window any more, but instead the title below?

Quote:
And since I'm here anyway I might as well ask: is there any way to use a remote code to toggle to/from full screen?
Sure, nothing easier than that. Goto Settings/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV command and link your remote button to "Full Screen" ...

Dirk
Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
One thing that's been bugging me lately.

When you find a show you want to record, and you are into the details of that show, say on KABC. When you click record series, then go into series settings, there is an option for "channel." When you hit the up and down buttons, the only options available are KABC or Any. The issue, is that the show also exists on KABC-DT, so really, it should toggle between all three, not just two. Am I correct?
Yeah, that sounds right. So much to do, and so little time ...

Dirk
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, SageTV doesn't allow to set the focus for text input widgets... I assume you are using a mouse, and this is one of the few limitations of SageMC: it is primarily designed for use with a remote or keyboard. You can easily delete the old value with backspace (or skip back on the remote), but I dont think theres a way to do this with the mouse ...
I don't know what the SageMC screen looks like for such input, but on the off chance that it could help: the way the default STV handles this during input is to include a button for Erase to clear the last character. When NTE buttons are shown, the "Stop" button is included, also allowing it to act as backspace.

If there is no room for such an 'erase' button... then nevermind.

Edit: And I posted info about text input field focus here.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

If there is no room for such an 'erase' button... then nevermind.
Actually, there is ...

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg input.JPG (39.6 KB, 283 views)
Old 06-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Here are screenshots showing the difference in the guide, but the same size is also used in the main menu screens. Do you see the change that you can't select the actual preview window any more, but instead the title below?

Sure, nothing easier than that. Goto Settings/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV command and link your remote button to "Full Screen" ...

Dirk
Got the remote working. Thanks! As for the preview window, the link you posted seems broken, but I can say that *something* different happens when I select the preview windows while in "larger" mode. I don't actually see it select the title - it doesn't look like it does anything (as opposed to non-larger where it obviously selects the window). This may have to do with the Blue Steel theme I'm using - I'm not sure. The "focus" just basically seems to disappear if I navigate to the preview window while in "larger" mode.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Sage Expert

This thing is awesome!!

So I'm finally getting Sage pretty close to its optimal fighting weight (for my tastes) and it's really awesome! You guys have done a fantastic job with it!

I've been chiming in with a few different issues in my quest to get it all working properly and this post is no different. A few things I'm not sure about or am having trouble with related to videos...

1) Thumbnails - other than DVDs that have poster art imported from imdb/dvd profiler, is there a way to get individual thumbnails for video files to show when you're in "folder view?" In MCE, when you look at the videos it shows you the little thumbnail that you see in windows explorer. Can this be done in SageMC?

2) Ripped DVD Audio - I ripped a few dvds to my harddrive to test the DVD Profiler integration - very cool! When I first played the resulting dvd video it all worked fine, but the second time that I tried to play it there was a little "pop" of audio at the beginning and now there's no sound. Everything is in separate VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories... Live TV and other videos play fine, just not the ripped dvd.

EDIT: I figured this one out. When I ripped the dvd, I apparently only ripped the AC3 audio track. Changing the dvd audio decoder to "AC3Filter" did the trick. I guess the NVidia audio decoder doesn't do AC3? Do you think I'm better off going with the AC3 decoder or switching to a format that the NVidia (or another) audio encoder will work with?

3) Multi-Disk DVDs - I noticed in setting up the dvd profiler stuff that it's pretty picky with the naming of the dvd folders. How do people do it for a movie that has multiple disks? For instance, I used "Die Another Day" as a test, which has two disks. I'd like to have them both available. But it seems like the folder containing the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders has to be named "Die Another Day" exactly - no "Disk 1" extension or anything. Just wondering how people deal with this for multi-disk scenarios?

4) DVD Posters - It looks like SageMC is expecting the poster for the dvd to be moved into the VIDEO_TS folder when you run the metadata refresh. However, when I've done this it always seems to put the poster in the top level directory ("Die Another Day"), not in the VIDEO_TS directory, and it doesn't show up in Sage as a result. If I go to the video details page and choose "Edit Video Info" and then "DVD Profiler Import" it makes an additional copy of the poster image but puts this one in the VIDEO_TS folder, causing the image to show up properly now in Sage. Seems like I'll have to do this for every individual video, or am I doing something wrong here?

5) When you have a bunch of offline videos and then rip the dvds, is there a better way to delete all the duplicate offline videos than individually one at a time?

6) Is there a way to auto-download all the imdb info for the videos or does it need to be done manually for each one if desired? Also, I assume that "save" only keeps the limited amount of info that ends up on the main details page of a video right?

Thanks again - SageMC is the reason I'm using Sage!!

Last edited by popechild; 06-22-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Changing the dvd audio decoder to "AC3Filter" did the trick. I guess the NVidia audio decoder doesn't do AC3? Do you think I'm better off going with the AC3 decoder or switching to a format that the NVidia (or another) audio encoder will work with?
The nVidia decoders work fine for me with AC3, however, there is one "issue" with getting it to work.

If you open WMP, and goto Tools>>Options, and then DVD Tab, Advanced Button. There is a tab in there somewhere, with an option of "Prefer Other Decoder." Check that, and make sure the AC3 checkmarks are in place. It should play it. Oh, and BTW, every time you install SageTV, (or an update), you'll have to restart the computer, and go back into WMP, and set these up again. It's annoying, IMO, but it's how it is.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Anyone had a problem with the new icons not resizing thierselves when running in windowed mode? And also overlap each other when in full screen mode. It could be just the way I have my guide setup but idk, it also happens on the OSD and in show info. Example below.

What I have saw is. If the first run icon is by itself it seems to resize to the correct size. But if the watched icon is added is when it messes up. And if a show just has a watched or record icon it is messed up as well. So it could have something to do with the watched icon and the record icon?? Not really that big of a deal but just thought I would point it out.

Miller

Last edited by millers_35; 06-22-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
The nVidia decoders work fine for me with AC3, however, there is one "issue" with getting it to work.

If you open WMP, and goto Tools>>Options, and then DVD Tab, Advanced Button. There is a tab in there somewhere, with an option of "Prefer Other Decoder." Check that, and make sure the AC3 checkmarks are in place. It should play it. Oh, and BTW, every time you install SageTV, (or an update), you'll have to restart the computer, and go back into WMP, and set these up again. It's annoying, IMO, but it's how it is.
Hmm... when I go to the dvd tab and click advanced, I get a page of ffdshow stuff. Do I need to uninstall ffdshow in order to get the NVidia decoder to work with ac3?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Sage Expert

Man, I'm really sorry to keep piling on, I just keep running into questions that I can't find answers to already in the threads.

Re: Preview Window. (I'm using Blue Steel in case it matters) Quite frequently when I switch back and forth a few times from guide to live tv, the size of the tv image gets swapped from what it should be. ie. when I click guide after watching tv, the preview window only shows the bottom left portion of the full screen at it's normal size instead of shrinking the whole picture. Then when I switch back to live tv, the entire screen is black except for where the preview window is, which now has the image shrunken properly. I can usually go back and forth when this happens a few times before it will finally straighten itself out. I haven't figured out any pattern to when it does this.

I tried to take a few screenshots but of course couldn't get it to behave the "right" way when I needed it to.

Anyone seen this?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Sage User

Does anyone know how to change background image on SageTVMC??...I just want a different background image for the MyTV Guide...however when I change it thru Studio, it changes the main menu and some sub-menu's background
Old 06-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm... when I go to the dvd tab and click advanced, I get a page of ffdshow stuff. Do I need to uninstall ffdshow in order to get the NVidia decoder to work with ac3?
Hmm...not sure about that one. I've only got the nVidia decoders installed. I'm not sure how to select them, if you have more than one installed like that...