SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca
Does the RSS Feed work on an MVP? I got it working on my other full clients but on my MVP I get the "Failed to load GetRSSNews java classes" but it works when using the server's GUI (and the getrssnews file is in the JAR dir).

Update: Never mind, I hadn't reset the SageTV service after I had added the getrssnews files to the jar file. the MVP works now
Are you getting all of your feeds to display on the ticker on the MVP?

The ticker on the server works fine. But when I run it on the MVP, it repeats the top three stories over and over.

-Dan

(I've attached a capture of my RSS feeds, as you can see, the first entry has more than 3 stories, and I have more than the first one added to the ticker, so not sure what's causing this...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (40.0 KB, 264 views)
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker

The ticker on the server works fine. But when I run it on the MVP, it repeats the top three stories over and over.

-Dan
I've only got one feed setup, Foxnews, and it displays all the items fine. There's a setting for displaying only new items, could that be it? I set my MVP ticker up by just copying the ticker settings from another full client that I configured.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Did you restart sage after loading the STV? There is some initialization that occurs when the application first starts that is required and will not occur until the restart.

Aloha,
Mike

D'oh. That was the exact problem. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker

-Dan

(I've attached a capture of my RSS feeds, as you can see, the first entry has more than 3 stories, and I have more than the first one added to the ticker, so not sure what's causing this...)
Hi Dan,

are you running your server in non-service mode ? I havent' tested this combination, and I could imagine that this is the cause of the problem. The MVP executes in the server environment, and I'm not sure if it will also share the instances of java objects, but I'll test this as soon as I find some time. The ticker works fine on my MVP (the server runs in service mode though)...

Dirk
Old 12-23-2006, 11:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Its working fine here, although odd that it has to "update" every time I turn it on.
That's how the code is written, but I guess it doesn't matter in the default STV since it's more either on or off all the time... But I might be able to get around this in SageMC if this is desired...

Dirk
Old 12-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Sage User

I've got a question for you Dirk or anyone else who might know...I'm new to SageMC and I was wondering if there was a way to change the View Under "My Videos" so you can see the "root name" of the folders that were imported instead of ALL the videos grouped together underneath the "File System"/"Folder View". Basically I've already organized/categorized my video collection by folder name very well and want to keep it that way instead of having to re-assign everything under the SageMC interface to a Genre or Group. This is how the Orignal SageTV 6 interface shows the folder list. Hope you can understand what I'm getting at...

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 12-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

standby detector

flachbar can you add this feature to SageMC

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems...bydetector.asp

When I turn off my HTPC through the power button on my MCE remote, it sends the PC to Standby mode. This causes a problem when there's something being recorded since it forces my pc to standby and the recording gets stopped.

can you add this standby detector (the code is already in java) to make sageMC ask before going to Standby if there's a recording running?

it'll be sweet. thanks!

ps:I've attached the source code in case you don't have an account at codeproject
Attached Files
File Type: zip standbydetectdemo_src.zip (18.3 KB, 205 views)
Old 12-24-2006, 03:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

This would indeed be a great feature!

I have my machine go into hibernation after 10 minutes of inactivity but sometimes I feel it doesn't respond to that and keeps running.
I sometimes push the power button when I am sure it's not recording anything, but it would be even better if I wouldn't have to think about it anymore and the machine would know whether it is allowed to hibernate or not when I push the button.

So 1 vote from me
Old 12-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
That's how the code is written, but I guess it doesn't matter in the default STV since it's more either on or off all the time... But I might be able to get around this in SageMC if this is desired...

Dirk
Doesnt bother me that much. I rarely use it anymore, just was surprised when I tested it that it took 5 seconds every time I displayed it.

On a brighter note, on my clean install, I have FLAC working without installing anything special. Did One of the beta's fix that, or was my old install just that screwed up?
Old 12-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Upgraded to 6.3.1 running on wired MVP.

When i select a program from the upcoming movies list, and press OK on the MVP remote, my MVP powers down and the Sage service stops running.

any ideas what could be causing this? worked fine on 6.3.0

Happy Holidays everyone.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

Two bugs?

Think I may have found a few bugs. First, I am using custom Groups, and just to be sure, changed the line in both the client and server properties file to both "true" and "false", in neither case could I send a imported video to a group. Only have the option to send to a playlist, compressed file, or .my file.

Second bug is with IMDB data. Here are pictures of the exact same file, one from the server GUI, and one from the client. Notice the client is missing a lot of IMDB data:

I am most concerned about the Group issue though.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
First, I am using custom Groups, and just to be sure, changed the line in both the client and server properties file to both "true" and "false", in neither case could I send a imported video to a group. Only have the option to send to a playlist, compressed file, or .my file.
Which "line" do you mean ?
And this may be a stupid question, but did you define any Custom Groups ? When you are in the Custom Group view, and select 'Manage Groups", do you see any groups listed ?

Quote:
Second bug is with IMDB data. Here are pictures of the exact same file, one from the server GUI, and one from the client. Notice the client is missing a lot of IMDB data:
Very strange, server and client pull the same info from the Sage database, and there is absolutely no difference in the code. But I noticed you are using different themes on the machines, can you check if you still see the problem when you change to the MC theme on the client ?

Dirk
Old 12-25-2006, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
Hi,

Upgraded to 6.3.1 running on wired MVP.

When i select a program from the upcoming movies list, and press OK on the MVP remote, my MVP powers down and the Sage service stops running.

any ideas what could be causing this? worked fine on 6.3.0

Happy Holidays everyone.
Does this only happen on certain shows ? If so, then this might be related to a bug in the Sage core (for which there is a fix available, send me your email via PM).

Dirk
Old 12-25-2006, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
flachbar can you add this feature to SageMC

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems...bydetector.asp

When I turn off my HTPC through the power button on my MCE remote, it sends the PC to Standby mode. This causes a problem when there's something being recorded since it forces my pc to standby and the recording gets stopped.

can you add this standby detector (the code is already in java) to make sageMC ask before going to Standby if there's a recording running?

it'll be sweet. thanks!

ps:I've attached the source code in case you don't have an account at codeproject
This is such a specific feature that I'm not sure if I want to include this in the SageMC STV. But it look's easy enough to write an import for it, I'll play around if I'll find some spare time, no promisese though...

Dirk
Old 12-25-2006, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuZombie
Don't know if this has been addressed already since this thread is so many pages long and searching a thread doesnt work very well.

I am having problems with Google Video. Sometimes a video will work in the "small" window but not the full screen. Other times it will work in the full screen but not the "small" window. And still, other times it will not work at all but just play audio. Behavior of google video in the standard stv is fine, all works as expected so it appears to be a SageMC issuie.

Any ideas?
Weird, the code is pretty much just copied from the default STV, and I haven't heard any reports about this before. I'll check if there were some recent changes in the default STV, but still, it works fine for me and others...

Dirk
Old 12-25-2006, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yano
I've got a question for you Dirk or anyone else who might know...I'm new to SageMC and I was wondering if there was a way to change the View Under "My Videos" so you can see the "root name" of the folders that were imported instead of ALL the videos grouped together underneath the "File System"/"Folder View". Basically I've already organized/categorized my video collection by folder name very well and want to keep it that way instead of having to re-assign everything under the SageMC interface to a Genre or Group. This is how the Orignal SageTV 6 interface shows the folder list. Hope you can understand what I'm getting at...

Thanks in advance for any help
Hi yano,

I know what you're getting at, but unfortunately this is the way the folder view in SageMC is designed, and displaying it differently would require major changes to the code. But you do know that the SageMC folder view can handle subfolders in the way you described, right ? So maybe it is possible for you not to specify all the single root folders of your videos as import folders, but move all your root folders into a separate 'parent' folder, and use this one for the import path.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Im using Glassy Selction bars and Sometimes my RSS ticker background uses the Glassy Selction bar in stead of the blue background in the MCE theme.

Technazz
Old 12-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Which "line" do you mean ?
And this may be a stupid question, but did you define any Custom Groups ? When you are in the Custom Group view, and select 'Manage Groups", do you see any groups listed ?
I mean this line:

mlbdude/custom_category_direct_view=false

I had groups created on my client previously, then reinstalled it. Now the groups in the "manage" area are not listed, yet if I go into "My videos" its top level is my custom groups. Its just that I cant get shows out of unassigned group now.

Quote:
Very strange, server and client pull the same info from the Sage database, and there is absolutely no difference in the code. But I noticed you are using different themes on the machines, can you check if you still see the problem when you change to the MC theme on the client ?

Dirk
I will give that a look a bit later today. I wouldnt think the iTV theme would cause an issue, but who knows. Its really odd that it pulls some of the IMDB description, but not all of it, on the client.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage User

Where is Google Video?

Ok, I feel ridiculous asking this question... but where is Google Video with SageMC on Sage v6?
I can't seem to find it for the life of me
Old 12-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

IMDB woes continue

Dirk,

Forgot to check on my HTPC at home last night (and switch to the MC theme), but this morning on my placeshifter connection from work, this is what I get (same info displayed as the HTPC client):

Closed Thread