SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
- mapped skip fwd#2/back#2 buttons in music lib to skip tracks
Thanks for this! Sorely missed until now

Still don't see the volume bar in the Now Playing screen tho...
Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
Dirk-

Yup, that was it. Is there any reason you didn't include that .jar file in the final 6.3.1 release?
I only included those JARs that have been updated since the last release. As Kirby said, it was included in the base install (in both mlbdudes 5_0 and my recent 6.3), so it's weird that it was missing on your system

Quote:
(I downloaded this .jar, and it seems to work:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....mModuleRssNews
Did you make any changes to Nielm's .jar over this version?)
No, this is the same version as the one included in the base install.

Dirk
Old 12-23-2006, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc
Thanks for this! Sorely missed until now

Still don't see the volume bar in the Now Playing screen tho...
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, you mean the bar in the upper right corner, correct ?

You did enable 'Global Volume OSD' in the SageMC options, right ?

Dirk
Old 12-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I mean that bar, but no, I did not enable it globally thanks for pointing that out, didn't know it was there.
Works like a charm!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Sage User

Don't know if this has been addressed already since this thread is so many pages long and searching a thread doesnt work very well.

I am having problems with Google Video. Sometimes a video will work in the "small" window but not the full screen. Other times it will work in the full screen but not the "small" window. And still, other times it will not work at all but just play audio. Behavior of google video in the standard stv is fine, all works as expected so it appears to be a SageMC issuie.

Any ideas?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I only included those JARs that have been updated since the last release. As Kirby said, it was included in the base install (in both mlbdudes 5_0 and my recent 6.3), so it's weird that it was missing on your system

Dirk
Funny thing is, that I don't have it installed either. I just checked (I haven't installed 6.3.1 yet), and it's not in the JARs folder.

I guess I'll use the Full 6.3.1 when I update, instead of using just the STV download.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Funny thing is, that I don't have it installed either. I just checked (I haven't installed 6.3.1 yet), and it's not in the JARs folder.

I guess I'll use the Full 6.3.1 when I update, instead of using just the STV download.
I have installed 6.3.1. I don't have the JAR either.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does the RSS Feed work on an MVP? I got it working on my other full clients but on my MVP I get the "Failed to load GetRSSNews java classes" but it works when using the server's GUI (and the getrssnews file is in the JAR dir).

Update: Never mind, I hadn't reset the SageTV service after I had added the getrssnews files to the jar file. the MVP works now

Last edited by pilotguy7ca; 12-23-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I have installed 6.3.1. I don't have the JAR either.
And you downloaded the full SageMC package from this link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141

When it was 6.3.0 or now its current 6.3.1? Its a 32MB file, not like that small 500K one for the update. I am asking because the JAR was in the 6.3.0 full install file, and its also in the new updated 6.3.1 full install download.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having an issue when a certain movie coverart is being viewed on my MVP. If I go to the My Videos section where I can view the covers of my movies certain ones cause my SageTV service to crash. If I delete the offending folder.jpg it works (but no coverart is displayed). If I then re-download the covertart using IMDB as soon as I select the correct movie and it downloads the info and coverart and I select Save my SageTV service stops and my MVP of course losses connection.

Attached is one of the offending jpgs. This crashing of my SageTV service doesn't affect my full clients. I'm using 6.3.1

Last edited by pilotguy7ca; 12-22-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca
I'm having an issue when a certain movie coverart is being viewed on my MVP. If I go to the My Videos section where I can view the covers of my movies certain ones cause my SageTV service to crash. If I delete the offending folder.jpg it works (but no coverart is displayed). If I then re-download the covertart using IMDB as soon as I select the correct movie and it downloads the info and coverart and I select Save my SageTV service stops and my MVP of course losses connection.

Attached is one of the offending jpgs. This crashing of my SageTV service doesn't affect my full clients. I'm using 6.3.1
Gee, where have I seen this before? Dirk, any ideas?

I would have thought Sage support would have rolled out the fix on this already?

PM me your email.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
And you downloaded the full SageMC package from this link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141

When it was 6.3.0 or now its current 6.3.1? Its a 32MB file, not like that small 500K one for the update. I am asking because the JAR was in the 6.3.0 full install file, and its also in the new updated 6.3.1 full install download.
I haven't done the "full" install, but I've been updating. Dirk just indicated the Jar was there since MLBDude's releases.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I haven't done the "full" install, but I've been updating. Dirk just indicated the Jar was there since MLBDude's releases.
Ok, I assumed it was in the old 5_10 full install since the RSS reader has been integrated into SageMC from the beginning. But I just double-checked the 5_10 distribution file, and it is indeed not in there... I'll update the 6.3.1 update-only package to include this file. For anyone still missing it, I attached it to this post.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip nielm_getrssnews.zip (25.5 KB, 198 views)
Old 12-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage User

A few day's ago I upgraded to SageTV 6 and also installed SageMC, wow that's looking great. Just installed 6.3.1 because it fixed a thing I was missing (play all cd's). Great service, I even didn't have to ask for it

After playing around for a little, I found just two other small things which I am missing. Who knows it will be solved in a future release

When I record a TV show I start the recording several minutes before the start time and end the recording a few minutes after the end time of the actual show. When using the original STV you can see the extra recording time on the time line and the show will start playing at the actual show time and not at the beginning of the recording. It would be very nice if this kind of timeline usage could be integrated within SageMC.

The original STV has an option for recording a TV show (serie) only at a specific day. Is it possible to integrate this into SageMC? At this moment I have to switch back to the original STV to arrange this. IT would be nice if this isn't necessary anymore.

Thank you for the great STV!!!!

Regards,
Olaf.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

Am I the only one having problem with the Disk Space bar? Mine just sits at Updating no matter how long I leave it turned on.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
Am I the only one having problem with the Disk Space bar? Mine just sits at Updating no matter how long I leave it turned on.
Its working fine here, although odd that it has to "update" every time I turn it on.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

How long does it take to update?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

5 seconds or so.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
Did you restart sage after loading the STV? There is some initialization that occurs when the application first starts that is required and will not occur until the restart.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Did you restart sage after loading the STV? There is some initialization that occurs when the application first starts that is required and will not occur until the restart.

Aloha,
Mike
I had this problem on the MVP the first time it booted up with the new STV. Subsequent boot's the disk-bar worked fine.
Closed Thread