SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydog
I just found another little problem. My sage is set to fire up with windows and then minimize to the tray. It will not do this. It will fire up and then stay on the screen. The real problem is that it will not seem to go to sleep. I hit the power button and select sleep and it just clicks but does not do anything, I can hit the keystroke with the same results.

I'm wondering if I should just wipe out my sage.properties file. It's a brand new install with the properties and wiz.bin carried over..

Thanks
Mike
The first thing I'd do is load the default STV and see if it has the same behavior.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Slight correction to this: do you have 'Update Music Queue' enabled in the SageMC settings ? I encountered problems with this in the past and thought I had fixed the issue, but maybe there is still something wrong with that

Dirk
Yes, its enabled. Should I disable it?

Quote:
OK, this is simply because in the default STV the visualization is part of the 'special' ScreenSaver menu, whereas in SageMC the music visualization is a completely separate menu and does not get the special 'wake-up on any key' treatment from the Sage core. It's already reacting on a lot of buttons including 'Left' and 'Select', and I'm definitely not going to add every possible listener to the menu. But if you have a specific button in mind I could be talked into adding it ...

Dirk
Yes, its true that initially you can go back from the visualization menu by hitting eg left. But for me it works only the first few songs. After a while it doesn't work anymore and I have to hit the music button or home to return to sage.

Regarding the problem that the music queue gets stuck, I experience the problem quite often in SageMC but I don’t recall having the problem with the original stv. I'll check up on that.

Thanks for your effort!

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 12-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Skipping songs and Incorrect Time

I have found two bugs in SageMC that I dont find in the default STV:
1) When I select certain albums to play, every other track is played like track 1,3,5 etc... This does not happen in the default stv. This is after I do a search for the album and then play it.
2) The total time of each track while it is playing is incorrect (too long). This also does not occur in the default stv.

Any ideas?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
I have found two bugs in SageMC that I dont find in the default STV:
1) When I select certain albums to play, every other track is played like track 1,3,5 etc... This does not happen in the default stv. This is after I do a search for the album and then play it.
Never heard of this before... So you are doing a search, then select an album entry in the search results, and then you hit 'Play' in the Album Detail screen ? Do all the tracks show up in the Album detail ? Did you check the queue, does it also only list tracks 1,3,5, etc ? You dont have 'Shuffle' enabled, right ? And you said it only happens on certain albums ?

Quote:
2) The total time of each track while it is playing is incorrect (too long). This also does not occur in the default stv.
Which total time ? The one displayed on the 'Now Playing' screen ? Does the Album detail list the the track time correctly ? Again, never seen this myself, and nobody else reported this so far

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Yes, its enabled. Should I disable it?
Yes, please do that. My previous fix included waiting for 2 seconds before removing the current item to give the mediaplayer enough time to finish loading and starting the next entry in the queue. I might have to increase this even more. Well, and there's also the possibility that the Sage core does not like removing items from a playlist while it is being played in general, in which case this feature would have to go...

Quote:
Yes, its true that initially you can go back from the visualization menu by hitting eg left. But for me it works only the first few songs. After a while it doesn't work anymore and I have to hit the music button or home to return to sage.
Weird, I cant see any reason why it would stop working only after a while ...

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Weird, I cant see any reason why it would stop working only after a while ...

Dirk
No, I can’t explain it either but thats what happens. I've now done a few music queue playlist with the original stv. All were playing fine. No locks.

Then I got back to SageMC and found another strange behavior: Sometimes SageMC only plays every other song in the queue. It simply jumps over some of the listed songs. Maybe it's related to what BBCritical just reported

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Old 12-16-2006, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, I can’t explain it either but thats what happens. I've now done a few music queue playlist with the original stv. All were playing fine. No locks.
Well, as I said the visualization in the default STV is different because it is part of the special 'Screensaver' menu

Quote:
Then I got back to SageMC and found another strange behavior: Sometimes SageMC only plays every other song in the queue. It simply jumps over some of the listed songs. Maybe it's related to what BBCritical just reported
Was this after disabling the 'Update music queue' setting ?

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well, as I said the visualization in the default STV is different because it is part of the special 'Screensaver' menu
Dirk
It was only because you wrote that it could be core sage related. I don't think it is, but maybe its my system then...

Quote:
Was this after disabling the 'Update music queue' setting ?

Dirk
It was before. I'll try change the setting now.

thanks

rtengvad

Old 12-16-2006, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It was only because you wrote that it could be core sage related. I don't think it is, but maybe its my system then...
This comment was related to the visualization not returning after a 'Left' or 'Select' button press, right ? Then you misunderstood, I didn't mean that this could be related to a Sage core issue (I was talking about the music queue problem). I am just saying that comparing the visualization of the default STV to the one in SageMC is like comparing apples and oranges because ins SageMC it is implemented in a separate menu screen. That doesnt mean that it could very well be a SageMC issue

Quote:
It was before. I'll try change the setting now.
Cool, I have a feeling that this is the culprit

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Administrator

BTW: In the default STV, the music info 'visualization' is only part of the screen saver screen when in screen saver mode. The same info display can be shown on the playback screen w/o going into screen saver mode. The code is shared between those 2 menus.

And, if you are still removing playlist items after the segment has been played, that can probably cause problems. I don't think there should be any modifications to any playlist items prior to the currently playing segment unless using random playback mode.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage User

Any idea when the next version will be released. I am really waiting for the Slideshow as screensaver functionality. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
BTW: In the default STV, the music info 'visualization' is only part of the screen saver screen when in screen saver mode. The same info display can be shown on the playback screen w/o going into screen saver mode. The code is shared between those 2 menus.
True, and the code is shared in SageMC too. But the difference is that in the default STV the code is executed within the scope of the Screensaver menu (the current menu is "Screensaver"), so the general handler for catching all keystrokes is active. In SageMC, the visualization is a separate menu (which is called in the 'BeforeMenuLoad' hook of the Screensaver menu), and the code is executing in the context of this other menu. If my understanding is correct, it will only react on keystrokes / buttons for which listeners are explicitly defined in that menu

Quote:
And, if you are still removing playlist items after the segment has been played, that can probably cause problems. I don't think there should be any modifications to any playlist items prior to the currently playing segment unless using random playback mode.
Yeah, unfortunately this seems to be the case. The functionality in SageMC tries to remove the item from the playlist once the playback is finished and the next item is started. I just debugged into it, and it looks like that the internal structures in the core do not get updated: in a three item playlist, after the second item started playing and the first item has been removed, 'GetCurrentPlaylistIndex()' does still return '1' (it now should be '0'), and this causes the playback to stop prematurely, and the third item will never get played.

It's possible that this is only a problem with the new client-side 'Now Playing' playlist (which is used by SageMC since 6.3.0), because when I first implemented this feature in an earlier version (with 'regular' playlists) I am pretty sure it worked. Anyway, maybe the API docs for removing playlist items should mention that this is not supported.

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelder
Any idea when the next version will be released. I am really waiting for the Slideshow as screensaver functionality. Thanks.
If all goes well you'll have it by Christmas

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk

I haven't tried with normal playlist. Only the playlist queue. Should I understand the discussion between you and Opus as one should avoid adding or deleting songs from the play queue?

Anyway, I disabled the update music queue setting in SageMC and is look like that solve my lock up problem and the jumping queue problem. I'll report back if I see it again.

Still the only secure way of returning to sage from visualization is to hit the music or the home button. The reason why I would like to have this solved is that once in a while you want to skip to the next song in the queue with the TV off. In that situation it would be nice just to have to hit one button on the remote.

Thanks

rtengvad

Old 12-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Hi Dirk,

I'm having another issue with Video Library views. I view my imported videos in file system view and am adding new videos all the time. Now, the recent videos I've added are not showing up under the folder I have them in, they just appear loose in the root video library display. For example, my initial view is "Videos" and then under Videos I have seperate folder for archived Tv Shows, "Battlestar Galactica", "Lost" etc. Now, I archived last nights Battestar Galactica and put it in my Battlestar Galactica folder. However, once Sage finds it, it doesn't put it with all the rest of the Battlestar Videos but just by itself in the root directory.

Any help on getting it set correctly would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't tried with normal playlist. Only the playlist queue. Should I understand the discussion between you and Opus as one should avoid adding or deleting songs from the play queue?
If it is indeed the case that the core does not support removing already played items from a playlist, then ideally the STV (SageMC) should not allow this action in the first place. Deleting an item that hasn't been played yet or adding new items is fine.

Quote:
Still the only secure way of returning to sage from visualization is to hit the music or the home button. The reason why I would like to have this solved is that once in a while you want to skip to the next song in the queue with the TV off. In that situation it would be nice just to have to hit one button on the remote.
As I mentioned before, I think the only way to do this is to add listeners for the keys you want to have recognized. So which button / key would you want for this, the skip back/fwd buttons ?

Dirk

Thanks

rtengvad[/quote]
Old 12-16-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
Hi Dirk,

I'm having another issue with Video Library views. I view my imported videos in file system view and am adding new videos all the time. Now, the recent videos I've added are not showing up under the folder I have them in, they just appear loose in the root video library display. For example, my initial view is "Videos" and then under Videos I have seperate folder for archived Tv Shows, "Battlestar Galactica", "Lost" etc. Now, I archived last nights Battestar Galactica and put it in my Battlestar Galactica folder. However, once Sage finds it, it doesn't put it with all the rest of the Battlestar Videos but just by itself in the root directory.

Any help on getting it set correctly would be appreciated.
Is the new Battlestar Galactica video the only file in the "Battlestar Galactica" folder ? This would be the only reason I can think of why it would be displayed in the root hierarchy (this is how the view is designed...). Did you check how it behaves with the default STV ?

Dirk
Old 12-16-2006, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
As I mentioned before, I think the only way to do this is to add listeners for the keys you want to have recognized. So which button / key would you want for this, the skip back/fwd buttons ?
I thought about this a little more, and wouldn't it make more sense for the visualization screen to react on those buttons (ffwd/rwd, skip fwd/back, etc) directly, so that a single button press executes the corresponding music action ?

Dirk
Old 12-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I thought about this a little more, and wouldn't it make more sense for the visualization screen to react on those buttons (ffwd/rwd, skip fwd/back, etc) directly, so that a single button press executes the corresponding music action ?

Dirk
Yes that would be great One set of buttons could move fwd/rwd in the song and the other set could skip to next/previous song.

rtengvad

Old 12-17-2006, 04:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Hi Dirk
I found out that holding down the left button a second or so would often bring me back to sage, and that made me wonder if the reason I have problems is that left brings me back, not to sage, but to the previous visualization menu.

That would explain why hitting left/back after a few songs played doesn't bring me back to sage.

rtengvad

Closed Thread