SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks--anyone have any good color suggestions that work well with the iTV skin??
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am seeing "conflicted" shows show up in the recording schedule. Such as in "Upcoming recordings"... Is this expected behavior? They have the yellow exclamation point, and not (correctly) being recorded, but I don't think these should be showing under upcoming recordings, or even in the recording schedule when going to schedule. Is this normal or is there a way to change this behavior?
Old 12-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth
I am seeing "conflicted" shows show up in the recording schedule. Such as in "Upcoming recordings"... Is this expected behavior? They have the yellow exclamation point, and not (correctly) being recorded, but I don't think these should be showing under upcoming recordings, or even in the recording schedule when going to schedule. Is this normal or is there a way to change this behavior?
I've seen that behavior before, and actually sort of like it. It is an easy way to see conflicts and how they are affected by the scheduler, instead of having to go to the conflicts menu.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Sage User

I'm having a problem where my guide is only showing 2 or 3 shows in the future. Most of the channels are blank. I can tune to them and view the channel but the guide doesn't list what's on except for a couple channels. Any ideas.. I have messed with filters and that didn't seem to help..

I'm using newest sage 6.16 and MC 6.3

thanks
Mike
Old 12-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since I seem to always have conflicts, i'd really rather not see them in the upcoming recordings. I also don't recall seeing this behavior when I first started using SageMC which is kind of strange.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydog
I'm having a problem where my guide is only showing 2 or 3 shows in the future. Most of the channels are blank. I can tune to them and view the channel but the guide doesn't list what's on except for a couple channels. Any ideas.. I have messed with filters and that didn't seem to help..

I'm using newest sage 6.16 and MC 6.3

thanks
Mike
That sounds like a general guide problem. What always works for me is removing the line from sage.properties (shutdown sage first) that has "server_update_id" in it, and either add or remove a channel from your lineup which should force a guide update. At least for the "standard" guide, if you are using some importer I don't know.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Sage User

You rock.. Thanks for the quick reply... there is no way I would have figured that out..

Thanks again..

Oh oh.. One more question how do you get Sage to use and external DVD player such as Zoom player. I found the option in the setting to enable an external player but never saw any options to define the player.

Thanks again
Mike
Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That sounds like a general guide problem. What always works for me is removing the line from sage.properties (shutdown sage first) that has "server_update_id" in it, and either add or remove a channel from your lineup which should force a guide update. At least for the "standard" guide, if you are using some importer I don't know.
FYI, there is a simpler way. From the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: Can I force the Guide to be updated any sooner?

A: Yes.
OH! You want to know how!? There is no direct option yet to tell SageTV to :"Update Guide NOW", but an update will occur if you do the following: go to Channel Setup. On that screen, click on one channel twice to 1) toggle its status and 2) toggle it back to what it was. Then, select "Done with Channel Setup". SageTV will then update its guide, even though no channels have actually been enabled or disabled. The next automatic guide update will be scheduled 24 hours from the time you forced an update.

Also see this FAQ for more info if the EPG still doesn't update.
Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
FYI, there is a simpler way. From the FAQ:

Aloha,
Mike
I found when going back to a somewhat old (couple weeks, I was having some problems and thought it might have been corrupted) wiz.bin, this doesn't always work. Removing that line from sage.properties has always worked, not sure if the disabling/enabling of a channel is still neccesary in that case though. Probably better to try the method from the FAQ first though.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Since I seem to always have conflicts, i'd really rather not see them in the upcoming recordings. I also don't recall seeing this behavior when I first started using SageMC which is kind of strange.
You know what that means... You need MORE TUNERS

It would be nice to have the option to disable conflicts from showing up in upcoming recordings. Maybe Dirk can add that as an option.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I found when going back to a somewhat old (couple weeks, I was having some problems and thought it might have been corrupted) wiz.bin, this doesn't always work.
Yes, this is correct. I had this problem multiple times, and support explained to me that when going back to an older wiz.bin the server_update_id property goes out-of-sync which will result in missing guide data. The quickest solution is to remove the entries and trigger a guide update. It might also work if you just wait for the next regular update to occur, but if I am missing guide data I get nervous and want to correct the situation as quick as possible ...

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydog
Oh oh.. One more question how do you get Sage to use and external DVD player such as Zoom player. I found the option in the setting to enable an external player but never saw any options to define the player.

Thanks again
Mike
Hi Mike,

look at the command files "media_player.cmd" and "dvd_player.cmd" in the SageMCE directory, there you can specify the command line for your external player applications.

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah this is intentional, and I'm pretty sure that it has always worked that way. If it is really important I could throw in a setting for this

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah this is intentional, and I'm pretty sure that it has always worked that way. If it is really important I could throw in a setting for this

Dirk
Yes, it would be nice to have an option for this, although I think once my system levels back out (I deleted all non-important recordings on 700GB of disks) I will start seeing fewer conflicts, although I probably could use another encoder.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the volume OSD does not update on the main screen when muting. This might be a feature, but it's kind of quirky when the volume up/down displays the OSD, but the mute button does not make the OSD red until the selection changes.

If this is just a problem with my Sage box, please let me know!

Carl
Will be fixed in the next version

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Two things I’ve noticed when using SageMC on mvp. On first problem is that the music queue sometimes gets stuck in the end of a song. I don’t know if its when the tagged length of the song does not correspond to the actual length but it always get stuck in the end of a song but when the counter still lacks a few seconds.
Hi rtengvad,

SageMC is simply using the Sage core playlist functionality, so I'm not sure if this is really SageMC related...
I've never experienced this myself

Quote:
The second problem is that when the visualization kicks in you just can’t hit any button on the remote to bring sage back like you can with the original stv. You have to press home or one of the main category buttons to bring sage to life.
I'll look into this

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
I see several references to mapping Custom4 and Custom5 to different commands for the remote, but I cannot figure out how.

In SageMC, I can change them for the custom menu's but it does not affect the IR command only the display and manual selecting of the button. I can program the IR commands for Custom4 and Custom5, but I cannot make custom4 do what I want (Weather).
Can anyone direct me to the method to accomplish this?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
Quote:
I see several references to mapping Custom4 and Custom5 to different commands for the remote, but I cannot figure out how.

In SageMC, I can change them for the custom menu's but it does not affect the IR command only the display and manual selecting of the button. I can program the IR commands for Custom4 and Custom5, but I cannot make custom4 do what I want (Weather).
Can anyone direct me to the method to accomplish this?
The buttons Custom1-Custom5 are meant to be used by customizations and can not get assigned to menus in a generic way, each menu needs to have specific code to react on those buttons. In SageMC Custom1-Custom3 are mapped to MyTV/RecordedTV/Movies, and Custom4/5 are mapped to comskip in the OSD menu. BobP has written a STVi Menu Shortcut Bars which allows you to map to any menu using Custom1-5 with just two button presses, but I'm not sure if this works with the latest SageMC version. You can also assign any menu item defined in the Dynamic Menus to Custom1-Custom5, but this only works in the dynamic menu itself

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Two things I’ve noticed when using SageMC on mvp. On first problem is that the music queue sometimes gets stuck in the end of a song. I don’t know if its when the tagged length of the song does not correspond to the actual length but it always get stuck in the end of a song but when the counter still lacks a few seconds.
Hi rtengvad,

SageMC is simply using the Sage core playlist functionality, so I'm not sure if this is really SageMC related...
I've never experienced this myself
Slight correction to this: do you have 'Update Music Queue' enabled in the SageMC settings ? I encountered problems with this in the past and thought I had fixed the issue, but maybe there is still something wrong with that

Quote:
Quote:
The second problem is that when the visualization kicks in you just can’t hit any button on the remote to bring sage back like you can with the original stv. You have to press home or one of the main category buttons to bring sage to life.
I'll look into this
OK, this is simply because in the default STV the visualization is part of the 'special' ScreenSaver menu, whereas in SageMC the music visualization is a completely separate menu and does not get the special 'wake-up on any key' treatment from the Sage core. It's already reacting on a lot of buttons including 'Left' and 'Select', and I'm definitely not going to add every possible listener to the menu. But if you have a specific button in mind I could be talked into adding it ...

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Sage User

I just found another little problem. My sage is set to fire up with windows and then minimize to the tray. It will not do this. It will fire up and then stay on the screen. The real problem is that it will not seem to go to sleep. I hit the power button and select sleep and it just clicks but does not do anything, I can hit the keystroke with the same results.

I'm wondering if I should just wipe out my sage.properties file. It's a brand new install with the properties and wiz.bin carried over..

Thanks
Mike
Closed Thread