SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj

Looking at the EPG data, it looks like "Premiere" is only grabbing shows that have "series premiere", maybe "season premiere", is that correct. So, if a new show doesn't have that info, then it doesn't get considered a premiere?
Yes, it looks for *Premiere* in the show description, the 'premiere' info is not part of the meta data...

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Edit, BTW: if SageMC has an older dynamic menu import built into it, you should check out the latest plugin. The default STV and that plugin use a new method for updating the disk space info so that those calculations don't cause the UI to have a delay when the update occurs.

- Andy
Thanks for the heads-up. The built-in dynamic menus are a stripped down version without the disk space info, but we recently added the diskbar which is also based on Niels code, so I should probably look at it...

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, I belive I can do that!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Sage User

Map Custom4 and Custom5

I see several references to mapping Custom4 and Custom5 to different commands for the remote, but I cannot figure out how.

In SageMC, I can change them for the custom menu's but it does not affect the IR command only the display and manual selecting of the button. I can program the IR commands for Custom4 and Custom5, but I cannot make custom4 do what I want (Weather).
Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Sage Icon

Geez, MCE has a lot of issues, but boy, I want this for SageMC! http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/archi...11/412401.aspx

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-13-2006, 12:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm
Geez, MCE has a lot of issues, but boy, I want this for SageMC! http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/archi...11/412401.aspx

Thanks,
Mike
SageMC does import data from DVD Profiler, which supports bar code scanning. I scanned my whole library with a modded cue cat.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Anyone else seeing foreign titles being brought up when in the Google Videos section? It seems if i select top 100 and all the others that the majority of them are all foreign (as in non english titles). Any thoughts? I posted this in the beta section but i have a feeling since i'm using sagemc that this miht be related. Thanks,
Juc

Dirk--any comment on this? Only apparent in SageMC. Not a big deal but i just want to make sure its not just something with my system. Is looks like at least one other user is in the same boat.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-13-2006, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Dirk--any comment on this? Only apparent in SageMC. Not a big deal but i just want to make sure its not just something with my system. Is looks like at least one other user is in the same boat.
Thanks,
Juc
Hi Juc,

I thought I already commented on this somewhere... - I am seeing the exact same video lists in the default STV, so I dont think that this is a SageMC issue ...

Edit: so you are saying the default STV displays different videos ? I cant reproduce this here, and according to many posts in the beta forum it seems a lot of people experience the same with the default STV

Dirk
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
SageMC does import data from DVD Profiler, which supports bar code scanning. I scanned my whole library with a modded cue cat.

Aloha,
Mike
LOL, finally, a good use for those things!!! Maybe I can find one on eBay or something...
Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Juc,

I thought I already commented on this somewhere... - I am seeing the exact same video lists in the default STV, so I dont think that this is a SageMC issue ...

Edit: so you are saying the default STV displays different videos ? I cant reproduce this here, and according to many posts in the beta forum it seems a lot of people experience the same with the default STV

Dirk
interesting...when i switch to the default STV--i get the same videos as if I did a google search for-lets say Top 100.

when i switch to the sageMC STV--i get a completely different list and the majority (90%) of the files have foreign titles....

I switch back to default---works fine. This is what led me to believe it was a SageMC thing...maybe not
Juc

edit: AHH--that shows me for starting a thread in the beta forum and not following up....i see you did reply among others...thanks
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Last edited by JUC; 12-13-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
interesting...when i switch to the default STV--i get the same videos as if I did a google search for-lets say Top 100.

when i switch to the sageMC STV--i get a completely different list and the majority (90%) of the files have foreign titles....

I switch back to default---works fine. This is what led me to believe it was a SageMC thing...maybe not
Ok, I checked it right this second. Top 100:

video.google.com:

1. Sex accident
2. White & Nerdy
3. PS3 vs. Wii
4. Dance Girls Eminem
5. Quarters 2

SageMC:

1. Sex accident
2. White & Nerdy
3. PS3 vs. Wii
4. Dance Girls Eminem
5. Quarters 2

Do you get anything different right now ?

Quote:
edit: AHH--that shows me for starting a thread in the beta forum and not following up....i see you did reply among others...thanks

Dirk
Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

alright--everything is working fine now for some reason....

thanks

Old 12-13-2006, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Possible enhancement?:

Since we have been using the different guide color bars, we have had a hard time deciphering what channel listing we are on when scrolling through the guide. I have tried different colors, but being that I use multi color guide items, it's hard to find a color that is totally different. So I was thinking, would it be possible to make the box next to the guide descriptions a color when that line is selected? Basically each time you scroll up/down it would highlight the corresponding channel identifier and # with maybe a Red or something?. It would be soooo much easier to know what channel you are on this way. What do you think?

And as always, thank you for all your hard work with Sagemc!
Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with this. I like your idea a lot. In the mean time I've found that it helps to make the white text in the guide slightly gray. The selected item text is still white, so it helps to differentiate it. It would also be nice to have an option to change the text color of the selected item as well.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Sage Expert

I'm not sure if this is beta related or SageMC related, but Sage sometimes freezes with a half-faded screen between video and menu when I resume a recording or DVD.

Within 2 minutes all three log files are full of nothing but this:

Wed 12/13 20:06:01.445 VF.submitJob(VFJob[DirectControl r=0.0 t=0 file=null ifn=null])

SageTV.exe is consuming 1.2gig of memory and using 100% of both CPU cores. Any ideas?
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP

Last edited by White94Cobra; 12-13-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with this. I like your idea a lot. In the mean time I've found that it helps to make the white text in the guide slightly gray. The selected item text is still white, so it helps to differentiate it. It would also be nice to have an option to change the text color of the selected item as well.
I think a better idea is the way my Humax does it;

leave the colors on the selected item alone. instead have the guide so there is a small border around each item, normally black. the selected item is shown by having this border set (say bright yellow). It works very well in practice. Having the relevant channel heading set to the same color as the border would also help.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Just keep in mind that the issues with the color guide bars are strictly the result of the limitations of my graphics skills and not any limitation of SageMC. It might be obvious, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 12-14-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Music queue and visualization problems

Hi Dirk

Two things I’ve noticed when using SageMC on mvp. On first problem is that the music queue sometimes gets stuck in the end of a song. I don’t know if its when the tagged length of the song does not correspond to the actual length but it always get stuck in the end of a song but when the counter still lacks a few seconds.

The second problem is that when the visualization kicks in you just can’t hit any button on the remote to bring sage back like you can with the original stv. You have to press home or one of the main category buttons to bring sage to life.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 12-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Yeah, I have my settings like this in the guide color settings (SageMC extended), Guide Black=0xDDDDDD, Guide White=0x111111, it basically makes the letters more dark to give some contrast when using the clear guide bars.
How do you get the guide bars to be clear?? I have a problem seeing the guide because the bars are too dark--especially if you are looking ahead in the guide.
Thanks,
Juc

Old 12-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the volume OSD does not update on the main screen when muting. This might be a feature, but it's kind of quirky when the volume up/down displays the OSD, but the mute button does not make the OSD red until the selection changes.

If this is just a problem with my Sage box, please let me know!

Carl
Old 12-15-2006, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
How do you get the guide bars to be clear?? I have a problem seeing the guide because the bars are too dark--especially if you are looking ahead in the guide.
Thanks,
Juc
Check out the glassy guide bar version in the download. I think they give the best visibility. They also have the best contrast for the selected item (not great, mind you, but better). I've been using them since they were first made.

Aloha,
Mike