SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Think I found a bug too.

If you're browsing your videos in File mode, if a directory only has one file in it, that file won't show up in a directory. For example, I have a bunch of archived TV shows which are organized in a seperate folder for each show. All of them show up in Sage under the folder name. However, one directory I have only has one show in it. That show doesn't show up in its own folder but just loose amongst the other folders.

Dirk, I remember reading in the release notes for one of the 6.0 betas that it could read tags on video files now. Have you implemented this into SageMC yet. I tagged a couple of shows and they are not showing up yet. But it could be my tags so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman
I am not able to change themes. This worked before, but I just upgraded to the new RC of sage 5. I select a theme, then click exit sage. When I launch it I am back in the same theme I was before. Any ideas? Chad
I had problems with this the other day. It eventually turned out to be that I'd re-applied sagemc3 after an upgrade to make sure all was well and ended up with an extra copy of the default images_mc theme in C:\program Files\sageTV\sageTV\stVs\SageTV3\SageMCE.

The system has a record in of what it thinks is the current theme in SageClient.properties and when you attempt to change themes it renames the images directory to whatever theme it thinks is/was currently being used eg: images_mc, then renames the theme directory that you selected to be images. My problem was that there was already an images_mc directory so renaming images to be images_mc failed and the process fell over. *hopes that made sense*

To resolve the problem all I had to do was rename my extra images_mc directory to be images_mc.foo and it worked again.

Mick.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moamoa
There seems to be a couple of issue to do with "My Music" section;

1)
where two or more artist have the same album. If you have the following;

/music/bandA/bestof/*.mp3
/music/bandB/bestof/*.mp3

Then SageMC will show this as one album in the album view, titled "Best of" and by Various. When it should be two separate albums, by separate artists, who just happen to have the same album name.
Have you checked all your id3 tags, including "album artist" to make sure that "Various" does not appear in it.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
IF you already have the lookahead set to 14 days, but you just aren't getting a 14 day lookahead for premieres in SageMC, then go into the settings menu for SageMC. In the Main options there is an option for enable/disable "Show premieres" and then about 6 boxes down there is the option for the number of lookahead days.
That's what I am having trouble with. If I just do a basic "search" for an upcomming "whatever" (premier or otherwise), it seems only to search for 2-3 days. I wan't 14 everywhere I can set it. I realize it impacts performace but this is what I would like to do. Where are all the 14 day settings? I just checked premiers. What about the rest?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 12-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Now I'm not understanding.

What I am talking about with the 14 day premieres is if you go to schedule and change from ALL to CONFLICTS to PREMIERES, you get a list of premieres up to the setting in your premieres lookahead. Right now I only have 4 premieres listed, and the latest one is 8 days from now, but that is due to the holiday schedule. It normally will show listings up to 14 days out.

Are you trying to do something else? can you walk me through it?

edit: I wonder how there are less premieres listed in SageMC, than in the Malore "series premieres & specials", even ignoring hte listings for all the show from episode 2 and beyond.

Last edited by ke6guj; 12-11-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Have you checked all your id3 tags, including "album artist" to make sure that "Various" does not appear in it.
Yes, I recently sorted out all my MP3's with the godfather and they are all good now.

Example;
/Music/Police/Singles/King of Pain.mp3
Tag; Album:Singles, Artist: Police, Track: King of Pain
/Music/New Order/Singles/Blue Monday.mp3
Tag; Ablum:Singles, Artist: New Order, Track: Blue Monday

This creates ONE album in the album view called "Singles" by "Various" (must name that itself).. it will have each of these tracks on.

this is obviously wrong.

Looks as of MC ignores folder names and goes solely on the tag data, assuming this is a "Various" album... Directory naming should take precidence over tag naming.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This creates ONE album in the album view called "Singles" by "Various" (must name that itself)
This must be done by the Sage core, since there is no special code in SageMC to create a 'Various' name... Did you check if the default STV shows it differently ?

Quote:
Looks as of MC ignores folder names and goes solely on the tag data, assuming this is a "Various" album...
Yes, the 'My Music' view is solely based on tag data, and this is by design.

Quote:
Directory naming should take precidence over tag naming.
Hmm, I disagree. If a music file is tagged, the tag information should be the one defining the properties of the music object, and not the location the file might be in. That's the whole point of having metadata in the first place

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
That's what I am having trouble with. If I just do a basic "search" for an upcomming "whatever" (premier or otherwise), it seems only to search for 2-3 days. I wan't 14 everywhere I can set it. I realize it impacts performace but this is what I would like to do. Where are all the 14 day settings? I just checked premiers. What about the rest?
Did you check your scheduling_lookahead setting based on the info in the thread Wayne pointed out ?

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

edit: I wonder how there are less premieres listed in SageMC, than in the Malore "series premieres & specials", even ignoring hte listings for all the show from episode 2 and beyond.
I remember Malore's menus have two settings, 'Premieres and Specials', and 'Premieres only'. SageMC only displays premieres, so compare it to the 'Premieres only' list in the Malore menus. If this is still different, I'll have a look at it.

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
If you're browsing your videos in File mode, if a directory only has one file in it, that file won't show up in a directory. For example, I have a bunch of archived TV shows which are organized in a seperate folder for each show. All of them show up in Sage under the folder name. However, one directory I have only has one show in it. That show doesn't show up in its own folder but just loose amongst the other folders.
Yeah, that's how the folder view is originally designed. I had a quick look at the code and it seems that changing this is not that easy and would require a redesign of the way the view is created, so dont expect this to happen soon ...

Quote:
Dirk, I remember reading in the release notes for one of the 6.0 betas that it could read tags on video files now. Have you implemented this into SageMC yet. I tagged a couple of shows and they are not showing up yet. But it could be my tags so I thought I'd ask.
I quickly scanned through the version release notes, but couldnt find anything about video tags. And even if, I dont remember seeing any new APIs specific for this purpose, so I think this would be handled by the Sage core automatically, without the need for special code in the STV ...

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
This must be done by the Sage core, since there is no special code in SageMC to create a 'Various' name... Did you check if the default STV shows it differently ?

Yes, the 'My Music' view is solely based on tag data, and this is by design.

Hmm, I disagree. If a music file is tagged, the tag information should be the one defining the properties of the music object, and not the location the file might be in. That's the whole point of having metadata in the first place

Dirk
Yes, metadata is best. But it should not loose functionality. Going on Album name in metadata alone means it is impossible to have more than one artist with the same album name, and show this data correctly in the album view. i would suggest that 90% of the time people do not have tracks from the same album in different folders, so use this as check before consolidating track under one album name would seem sensible.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, metadata is best. But it should not loose functionality. Going on Album name in metadata alone means it is impossible to have more than one artist with the same album name, and show this data correctly in the album view. i would suggest that 90% of the time people do not have tracks from the same album in different folders, so use this as check before consolidating track under one album name would seem sensible.
Well, I'm not sure this is working correctly. I'm all for correct tags, and for SageTV using tags for organizing (even though I also organize everything in album/artist folders).

It sounds as if Sage core is consolidating albums with the same name, which should not be happening, even in an album view. The only consolidating that should happen, is with artist. There should be no problem having 2 albums with the same name, but different artist names. If this is happening in Sage core, I'd suggest submitting a bug report, because it's not acting right.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

It sounds as if Sage core is consolidating albums with the same name, which should not be happening, even in an album view. The only consolidating that should happen, is with artist. There should be no problem having 2 albums with the same name, but different artist names. If this is happening in Sage core, I'd suggest submitting a bug report, because it's not acting right.
Yep, exactly. And this is why I asked if it also happens with the default STV.

Dirk
Old 12-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Example;
/Music/Police/Singles/King of Pain.mp3
Tag; Album:Singles, Artist: Police, Track: King of Pain
/Music/New Order/Singles/Blue Monday.mp3
Tag; Ablum:Singles, Artist: New Order, Track: Blue Monday

This creates ONE album in the album view called "Singles" by "Various" (must name that itself).. it will have each of these tracks on.
It looks like the problem here is that you are listing the Artist, but there is no listing for the Album Artist. If you want the albums with the same name to be seen as distinct, you will need to specify the Album Artist.

This is new for v6; previous versions did not use Album Artist & combined albums with the same name. Does it work in v6? Yes - all my "Greatest Hits" albums are listed separately now.

After editing your tags, rescan the music files by removing them from the list of music import dirs & rescan. Once the files are not listed any more, add the dir as a music import dir & rescan again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I quickly scanned through the version release notes, but couldnt find anything about video tags. And even if, I dont remember seeing any new APIs specific for this purpose, so I think this would be handled by the Sage core automatically, without the need for special code in the STV ...
There was a blurb about it a LONG time ago, but the default STV was only recently updated... There are no new API calls for any of this; it just uses the normal calls you would use to get recording info, but it is limited to which fields can be read.

I believe the only things the default STV is checkign for imported videos is: GetShowDescription(), GetShowCategory(), and GetShowYear().

I never even managed to tag a video with a description, but the capability to read it should be there.

Edit, BTW: if SageMC has an older dynamic menu import built into it, you should check out the latest plugin. The default STV and that plugin use a new method for updating the disk space info so that those calculations don't cause the UI to have a delay when the update occurs.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks very much for your help. I got it. It was the lookahead setting in the properties file I was looking for. It's working as expected now. Thanks again for such a hard fought effort. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Now I'm not understanding.

What I am talking about with the 14 day premieres is if you go to schedule and change from ALL to CONFLICTS to PREMIERES, you get a list of premieres up to the setting in your premieres lookahead. Right now I only have 4 premieres listed, and the latest one is 8 days from now, but that is due to the holiday schedule. It normally will show listings up to 14 days out.

Are you trying to do something else? can you walk me through it?

The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

I would just like to recommend a space between the 1 & 2 in your signature. Just trying to help...
Old 12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I remember Malore's menus have two settings, 'Premieres and Specials', and 'Premieres only'. SageMC only displays premieres, so compare it to the 'Premieres only' list in the Malore menus. If this is still different, I'll have a look at it.

Dirk
OK, tried that and with Malore's set to "premieres only", I get the same info, so there is nothing wrong there.

I guess my question is, what is considered a "Premiere"? When I have Malore's set to "premieres and specials", I get a lot of listings of episode#1 of different shows. Some are series shows and some are single shows(specials, I guess?). I also get listings for #2+ for many series shows. If there was a way to get all the #1 episodes from "premieres and specials" without the #2+'s, that would be the best.

Looking at the EPG data, it looks like "Premiere" is only grabbing shows that have "series premiere", maybe "season premiere", is that correct. So, if a new show doesn't have that info, then it doesn't get considered a premiere?

Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry to be a PITA, but, i cn't seem to find an answer if there is a way to display a watched indicator for files in Imported Videos/My Videos. I see option to set watched, but it does nothing on the screen. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Sorry to be a PITA, but, i cn't seem to find an answer if there is a way to display a watched indicator for files in Imported Videos/My Videos. I see option to set watched, but it does nothing on the screen. Thanks.
Nah you're not a PITA, you'll just have to wait for the next version...

Dirk
Closed Thread