SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I
Here are two comparison shots to show what the difference looks like on my machine. Some people may like the new better - I guess I just preferred the other, but I'm sure I can get used to it. Unless, of course, there's a simple STV change I can make! (I'm already making a few of them that I'll have to migrate myself on each upgrade anyway...)
Hi popechild,

I personally prefer the 4x2 view on my 16:9 display (thus the selection bars are not that elongated), but even with your 3x3 grid I find the new view much cleaner than the old one (and it doesnt put the edges of the thumbnails squarely against the edges either) :

Before:

After:

What I could do is to add an option for the title font size (but keep in mind that the chance of scaling longer titles increases). You could also send me your 'Images' directory, and I'll check why your icons are displayed so close to the edges.

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did you try to disable the scaling insets ?
Hi Dirk,
Well I looked all through the SageMC 16x9 Options and couldn't find "scaling insets"

Quote:
Also, I would like you to try the following: shut down Sage, make a copy of your SageClient.properties, and copy you Sage.properties to SageClient.properties (copy and rename). Then try again to start in service mode. Later you can copy your original SageClient.properties back.
Did you want me to do this after I extracted SageMC 6.3.0 to the SageTV directory? Probably a dumb question, but had to check.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

well ok, I was jumpy and didn't wait for ya.
I copied SageClient.properties to another folder. I shut down Sage & service. I copied and renamed the Sage.properties to SageClient.properties in the SageTV folder. I extracted SageMC 6.3.0 to the SageTV directory. I restarted service & Sage. Stuck on blank screen (as usual) for about 5min.
That didn't seem to work unless I didn't do something right?
I appreciate the effort Dirk, thanks!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
well ok, I was jumpy and didn't wait for ya.
I copied SageClient.properties to another folder. I shut down Sage & service. I copied and renamed the Sage.properties to SageClient.properties in the SageTV folder. I extracted SageMC 6.3.0 to the SageTV directory. I restarted service & Sage. Stuck on blank screen (as usual) for about 5min.
That didn't seem to work unless I didn't do something right?
I appreciate the effort Dirk, thanks!
Darn, and I was hoping that this would fix it ...

Could you post server and client log files again for this hang scenario ? After that, you can copy your original property file back. Next thing (I am running out of ideas...) would be to try Java 1.4 instead of 1.5

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Dirk,
Well I looked all through the SageMC 16x9 Options and couldn't find "scaling insets"
It's the last option of the "Icons&Images" panel in the SageMC options

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very strange. My last option is IMDB pics in Guide.

Ok, here are both log files after doing what you asked. God I hope it helps &
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (96.8 KB, 306 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (28.7 KB, 215 views)
Old 11-22-2006, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Very strange. My last option is IMDB pics in Guide.
Dana, are you sure you are running 6.3.0 ? This option has to be there ... Please check the SageMC version number displayed on the Settings page

Quote:
Ok, here are both log files after doing what you asked. God I hope it helps &
I also noticed that you are still running the first beta (6.0.11.108), would you be able to update to 6.0.14 (or 6.0.15 which has just been released) ? It might not have anything to do with it, but I'd like to rule out as much as I can ...

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

oh no, It would take me an hour to get to the settings in 6.3.0, sorry I should have specified. That explains alot.

I can't keep up with the upgrades. This is going to be the worst question of all. Where can one find the latest SageTV version? I will upgrade right away.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
oh no, It would take me an hour to get to the settings in 6.3.0, sorry I should have specified. That explains alot.

I can't keep up with the upgrades. This is going to be the worst question of all. Where can one find the latest SageTV version? I will upgrade right away.

You can get latest beta (just a few minutes old) here . You can get the update toSageMC 6.3.0 here, or if you are doing a fresh reinstall, download the full SageMC distribution here.

I'll be away til Friday night, but will continue to get to the bottom of it (if the update doesnt fix it) after I'm back.

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage Expert

Dirk,
Sent you a PM with a link to my Images directory. Maybe that'll help. In the meantime, I'm going to play around some with changing themes and see if there's something (like the one you're using) that I like better anyway. I really like the dark look of the one I'm currently using, but a few times you've posted screenshots that have made me reconsider... (oh, and I'll see what I think about 4x2 as well...)

Thanks again!

btw, as long as I'm checking out your theme:
1) How'd you get the grey background? The standard in that theme seems to be green, and I don't see anything like that in Maui's icons...
2) Suppose I wanted to keep the theme I'm using, but switch the font to the one from the MCE theme. Any way I can accomplish this?

Happy Thanksgiving...

Last edited by popechild; 11-22-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk, thank you. You've given me something to do for the next day or so. Have a good Turkey-day and maybe I'll have this figured out by the time you get back!!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Comskip features in SageMC

Flachbar-

Any chance of getting JREkiwi's new comskip stvi features incorporated into the next version of SageMC??

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21515

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

DIRK!!!!
I did a clean install of SageTV 6.0.15 and SageMC 6.3.0....IT WORKS.
I didn't expect to have to do this, but looking the main menu it looks like it's worth it so far.
Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it SO much.
Dana
Old 11-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

You can get latest beta (just a few minutes old) here . You can get the update toSageMC 6.3.0 here, or if you are doing a fresh reinstall, download the full SageMC distribution here.

I'll be away til Friday night, but will continue to get to the bottom of it (if the update doesnt fix it) after I'm back.

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

As I am having a similar issue, I'm going to jump in as well. I followed all the steps you provided to PVR599, but to no avail. I am uploading my log files as well.

But one thing I noticed (and I never run the default stv anymore), after I upgraded to 6.0.15, I could not run in service mode using the default stv either. Ran fine when I was was running out of service mode (both the default STV and SageMC).

I have had this issue since upgrading to 6.0.13. I am currently running Sage 6.0.12 and SageMC 6.2.0a. If I migrate to a higher version of Sage, I seem to have the same issue. If I migrate to a higher version of SageMC I seem to have the issue.

EDIT: I did not try a clean install. I suppose I will have to try that next.

Happy Turkey Day
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_logs.zip (73.0 KB, 178 views)
Old 11-23-2006, 01:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not able to get visualization to work with the winamp plugin. My music is playing via winamp, but I can not see the visualization. When I click on the visualization button it just goes to a black screen. I setup a key on my remote to turn on the visualization via Girder, but it will not overlay on top of the Sage screen. Am I missing something? I do not have Sage in FSE mode either. Chad
Old 11-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I fixed it. I had the "Fake full screen" checked. When I unchecked this it worked. Chad
Old 11-23-2006, 03:46 AM
Sage Expert

A few minor UI tweak suggestions to take advantage of some of the cool new features, mainly having to do with consistency and useability:

1) There's an option in My Videos and My Music to view by album/movie cover only, with no title. There's no option for this in My Pictures though, where it seems like the title of each image is much less important than in either of the other two sections.

2) In My Pictures, maybe don't display the entire folder path above the pictures when in a folder - maybe just the current folder name? And while I'm on it, I wonder if it wouldn't look better having the folder name/path not sitting so close to the top edge of the top row of photos?

3) Back to the "Album/Movie Cover Only" setting: In My Videos, when you highlight an image, it shows the name of the movie at the top of the screen. In My Music though, it doesn't ever show the name of the artist or album, which could be really helpful if you can't remember what album a particular cover goes with.

4) Is there a way to get a "default" image to show for albums that do not have embedded art? I have a handful of albums that I can't find cover art for online and if I have the option set to "cover only" it's just an empty box. I guess in addition to the "default" image, or instead of it, what's really needed is for the name of the album to be written in that box if there's no embedded cover art to display.

5) Bug maybe? At least for me, My Pictures keeps resetting itself to 2x2, regardless of what I set it to, any time I leave that section and then come back to it.

All minor things, just trying to make it that much more flawless!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
EDIT: I did not try a clean install. I suppose I will have to try that next.
Alwayslearnin,
I wish I didn't have to do that, I didn't want to have to re-set everything back up, but I guess this is a good time. A new version of SageTV & full installer of SageMC. A good place to start for future upgrades. A clean start. Besides, it seemed like a mystery type problem. Good luck.
Dana
Old 11-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

RC Mapping & AVI questions

Has anyone mapped the Smooth FF & RW to any buttons on the Hauppauge remote? I can't seem to figure out where to map those buttons.

Also, does anyone know how to get a thumbnail in My Videos for an .AVI? MPEGs work fine, but .AVI's only show the first frame of the movie.

Thanks in advance,
Dana

EDIT: I take that back MPEG's, using the IMDB, doesn't save the thumbnail either. Any thoughts?

Last edited by pvr599; 11-23-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
You mean any way to set a movie "watched" ? Sure, bring up the options menu when you have selected the movie (ESC or 'Options' button) ...

Dirk
Thanks, I see that now. But I don't see any visual indicator, like a "W".
Closed Thread