SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I noticed something which may or may not be a bug. I was feeling like I preferred the look of the pre-6.3 imported video cover art, so I was looking around in the settings to see if there was an option to revert back to it (I don't believe there is, right?). When playing around with the new settings options, when I tried setting "View Scaling Inserts" to Disabled, I no longer got any cover art in the "View by Folder" video menu. Instead, every dvd just showed a little box that said "VideoItem." This is on the server with 3D accel on. Don't know exactly what should be different with this set to Disabled, so just an FYI.
Ahh yes, you discovered a bug, it should still show the cover art, but use different widgets that do not use the 'scaling insets' properties (which will display the selection icons more 'blurred' around the edges).

And no, there is no setting for the 'old' layout. Just out of curiosity: what don't you like of the new look ?

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild

Was there a change somewhere along the way, either in core or MC, that affected the way that these thumbnails are being loaded? I had never had a problem with this before - they would just "be there" as I scrolled through.

Thanks!!
No, noting changed in the SageMC code in this regard. I dont see the problem you are experiencing, once all the thumbnails are displayed (and thus in the Sage internal image cache), scrolling up and down is almost instantenously for me.

I did notice though that since 6.0.14 the delay when loading and displaying the cover art for the very first time (e.g. after restarting the UI) is quite a bit longer than it used to before ...

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman
I am new to the SageMC and I am impressed. The only thing that I miss from the regular STV is Malore's Recordings menu. What I miss is the ability to group by Category and sort by ShowID. Is there a way to set this in a property file? I installed the Malore menus import for now but it does not integrate in to the SageMC recordings menu.

Thanks,

Mariusz
You could add it via dynamic menus to the main menu (or a submenu), and bind it to a custom command, and then you have it available at a press of a remote button...

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Andy, not sure if I understand this correctly ...

You mean with 'SetWatched()' ? The watched flag is a boolean value, so does Sage set a DVD to watched once you started watching it ?
The Watched status is not truly a boolean value, since a video can be partially watched. Look for the "Ask whether to Resume DVD or Restart" options menu in the default STV & check the code above & below that point - it uses several Watched type API calls to determine whether the DVD is partially watched and whether to ask the user if the DVD should be resumed or restarted.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't get this stv to work with version 5.0.4 of SageTV, i tried with version 6 beta and it work but with my old version nothing. When i go to the Advanced option and select SageMC_169.xml Sage ask me if i want to load it and i choose yes after that i go back to the defautl SageTV strv.

Any Idea ?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ahh yes, you discovered a bug, it should still show the cover art, but use different widgets that do not use the 'scaling insets' properties (which will display the selection icons more 'blurred' around the edges).

And no, there is no setting for the 'old' layout. Just out of curiosity: what don't you like of the new look ?

Dirk
It is admittedly a purely personal preference (that's alot of alliteration!). I think the fact that the "bubbles" incorporate the thumbnail as well as the title, because 1) it makes each item more "square" and less elongated, and 2) it seems to make the titles a little larger. Mainly I think I noticed right away the oblong shape instead of the more square shape I was used to. Oh, and 3) it puts the top and bottom edge of the thumbnails squarely against the edge of the bubble, instead of giving them a tiny little bit of breathing room.

Here are two comparison shots to show what the difference looks like on my machine. Some people may like the new better - I guess I just preferred the other, but I'm sure I can get used to it. Unless, of course, there's a simple STV change I can make! (I'm already making a few of them that I'll have to migrate myself on each upgrade anyway...)

Before:

After:
Old 11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox71
I can't get this stv to work with version 5.0.4 of SageTV, i tried with version 6 beta and it work but with my old version nothing. When i go to the Advanced option and select SageMC_169.xml Sage ask me if i want to load it and i choose yes after that i go back to the defautl SageTV strv.

Any Idea ?
The version under active development is only compatible with the v6 betas. Flachbar has left the last SageMC version (6.13a) that was compatible with SageTV v5 in the downloads section.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC 6.3.0 & Service Mode Issue

Does anyone have any thoughts on this whole issue? I'm stuck at 6.2.0a and would love to move up to 6.3.0.
Here are the links to the previous posts:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2686
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2691

Thanks again,
Dana
Old 11-22-2006, 05:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
Does anyone have any thoughts on this whole issue? I'm stuck at 6.2.0a and would love to move up to 6.3.0.

Thanks again,
Dana
Hi Dana,

this is very difficult for me to debug since I can't reproduce the problem, and the logs posted don't really help much either. So you are saying that 6.2.0a works for you in service mode ? Well, that's at least something to begin with. Don't know if I already suggested this, but do you have 'use scanling insets' enabled, and if so did you try it with disabling it ?

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
On which screen do you expect them to appear ?

Dirk
I got them back via copying them from another theme. Not sure why they disappeared..
Old 11-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but, I can't seem to find an answer (I'm only half blind ) Is there any way to so that a movie has been watched in My Movies? BTW, thanks for the great work on this!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks again,
Dana

Quote:
Hi Dana,

this is very difficult for me to debug since I can't reproduce the problem, and the logs posted don't really help much either. So you are saying that 6.2.0a works for you in service mode ? Well, that's at least something to begin with. Don't know if I already suggested this, but do you have 'use scanling insets' enabled, and if so did you try it with disabling it ?

Dirk
Thanks Dirk,
6.2.0a works perfect. 6.3.0 is the one I'm having problems with. It works, but when I have service mode enabled and I load SageTV v6 it will hang on loading for 3-4 minutes. Once loaded it takes at least :30 seconds switching between menu's items. If I load SageTV without service mode, it loads fairly quick and works good.
I'm sorry, I don't know what "scanling insets" is. Is that something I disable in SageTV settings or in the properties file.
You said the log file doesn't tell you much. I havn't posted my log file, but others have.
I just wish I had some idea on where to start looking for this problem. I just flat out don't know.
Thanks again for your help, I can't wait to get 6.3.0 working......if I can.
Dana
Old 11-22-2006, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Dirk,
6.2.0a works perfect. 6.3.0 is the one I'm having problems with. It works, but when I have service mode enabled and I load SageTV v6 it will hang on loading for 3-4 minutes. Once loaded it takes at least :30 seconds switching between menu's items. If I load SageTV without service mode, it loads fairly quick and works good.
I'm sorry, I don't know what "scanling insets" is. Is that something I disable in SageTV settings or in the properties file.
You said the log file doesn't tell you much. I havn't posted my log file, but others have.
I just wish I had some idea on where to start looking for this problem. I just flat out don't know.
Thanks again for your help, I can't wait to get 6.3.0 working......if I can.
Dana
Hi Dana,

"Use scaling insets" is a setting in the "Icons & Images" SageMC settings. It's enabled by default, so disable it and try again to start the service. And you are right, it wouldn't hurt to get your log files too, so please post your sagetv_0.txt and sagetvclient_0.txt for an unsuccessful service start, and the sagetv_0.txt for a successful non-service start.

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk,
ok, well I guess I can't attach files to this post. I''ll attach to the next one.
Dana

Last edited by pvr599; 11-22-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk,
Thanks for checking these out. I had to zip them together, because I saved logs from all the possible combinations. I didn't know exactly what you needed. Anything you could point out to me would be appreciated.
Dana
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log Files.zip (127.1 KB, 163 views)
Old 11-22-2006, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Dirk,
Thanks for checking these out. I had to zip them together, because I saved logs from all the possible combinations. I didn't know exactly what you needed. Anything you could point out to me would be appreciated.
Dana
Perfect... Could you also add your Sage.properties and SageClient.properties file to your post ? Btw, you can add attachments to an existing post by clicking on "Go Advanced" ...

Did you try to disable the scaling insets ? Also, I would like you to try the following: shut down Sage, make a copy of your SageClient.properties, and copy you Sage.properties to SageClient.properties (copy and rename). Then try again to start in service mode. Later you can copy your original SageClient.properties back.

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

LOL, I tried to "go advanced", but for some reason it wouldn't let me attach. Oh well, next time.

I am attaching my properties files and will try your other suggestion when I get back home tonight.

Thanks again!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage.properties.txt (50.1 KB, 171 views)
File Type: txt SageClient.properties.txt (23.8 KB, 206 views)
Old 11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

transcode menu

Is there an way to get to the transcoding menu through the SageMC interface?

I'll admit that I haven't looked around for this completely, but its not obvious so I thought I'd ask.

I got into the transcoding menu to compress a series of shows. I set it up to begin immediately, but after it started hogging all the resources I wanted to cancel until later but was unable to find an easy way to get back to the menu.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
Is there an way to get to the transcoding menu through the SageMC interface?

I'll admit that I haven't looked around for this completely, but its not obvious so I thought I'd ask.

I got into the transcoding menu to compress a series of shows. I set it up to begin immediately, but after it started hogging all the resources I wanted to cancel until later but was unable to find an easy way to get back to the menu.
If you are using the dynamic menus, load the default "sagemc_menu.xml" definition file via the dynamic menus options menu, there is already a menu button for the transcoding status screen defined in the "My Menu" submenu.

Otherwise enable one of the Custom1-Custom5 main menu items in the main menu options menu, and assign the internal screen "Video Conversions" to that custom menu in the "Menus" options of the SageMC options screen.

Dirk
Old 11-22-2006, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but, I can't seem to find an answer (I'm only half blind ) Is there any way to so that a movie has been watched in My Movies? BTW, thanks for the great work on this!
You mean any way to set a movie "watched" ? Sure, bring up the options menu when you have selected the movie (ESC or 'Options' button) ...

Dirk
Closed Thread