SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd
Greetings to all ... I'm relatively new to the Sage community and totally new to the SageMC import.
Welcome belleboyd !

Quote:
The "back" key does not always get me where I expect to go. Is there a key navigation list somewhere? I have yet to decide on a remote and so I am still using a keyboard. If I am watching LIVE tv and hit the left arrow key.... nothing happens. I discovered yesterday that if I hit ALT-Leftarrow I will get back to the menu I was at before. So to get to the main menu I may have to hit Alt-Left 3 or 4 times depending on how I navigated to the LIVE tv display. How would you jump directly to main menu from Live TV? And I am sure there are other key combos that I need and don't know about.
Yes, the Back button (mapped to Alt-Left on the keyboard) will bring you one step back in your navigation history. A lot of people also like the "Left as back" option which allows to go back also with the left cursor key.

To go to the main menu, you can use the "Home" command (mapped to the 'Home' key by default. You can see all Commands (and their mappings) in Detailed Setup / Commands, most of them work in SageMC.

Quote:
I may have done something wrong in the installation as I do not see any difference in anything when I enable dynamic menus. I was hoping this would do something about the issue above. Of course I don't know what's supposed to happen either. I checked for the file date and folder issues mentioned in previous posts -- all seems to be ok. The filedates are correct and I don't have the folder mentioned. Although I did notice that the sagemc_menu.xml is OUTSIDE the STV folder. And if I try to load it thru the "advanced" menu -- the program hangs. I also put a copy into the STV folder... but that didn't help.
With dynamic menus you can configure the SageMC menu system to your liking - add new menu items or submenus to the main menu, rename / move menu items, and a *lot* more... If you installed the full package then you should already be using the dynamic menus, it's the default. The "sagemc_menu.xml" is *not* an STVi (so you cant and shouldn't "load" it with the options in the Advanced menu, it is a configuration file in which your dynamic menu structure is saved. Loading/saving of menu configuration files is done through the Dynamic Menu options which can be displayed by using the 'Options' command (bound to ESC) while in the main or in a submenu. The options will show you everything you can do with the dynamic menus. Btw, the Sage 'Options' command (ESC) is almost used everywhere in SageMC to bring up context specific configuration or action menus, so it's a good idea to remember it ...

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 12:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
EDIT: Never mind. I had to shut down the client and start it up again. That'll teach me to post before following all directions!
Yeah, this error is the exact reason why the second restart is necessary ...

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 01:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I guess I understand why most people would prefer this without even needing an option for an alternative, but any way you could point me to an easy way (in Studio, perhaps?) to change this for myself? Even if I no longer had an option and it was hardcoded to keep the original?

Logic for me is I record in HD only, which is great for the main tv, but I don't have a powerful enough machine to watch HD on my client (a laptop) and the wireless won't stream fast enough to make it consistent either, so I'd love a way to always have the HD option available for the server but a compressed option available when I want to watch something on the client.
If that's what you want to happen 100% of the time, then if you open studio, search for "AddTranscodeJob", find the one under the "ApplicationStarted" hook, and change the last parameter from true to false.

That will drop a compressed file right next to the original one, but I'm not sure how Sage would pick that up. You probably should do a manual test using the "Send to" button to see what happens.

If that doesn't pick it up and put it in the video library, then you could also hardcode a path in the 3rd parameter (currently null) of the AddTranscodeJob() to point to a video import folder and that should work also.

I hope that made sense

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Tried changing "ui/use_native_image_loader" to 'true' with no change.

I'll submit a bug report soon, but I'm happy to use it without service mode for now.
Ah, got it working.. just changed the property file manually to use the default STV, then loaded the MC STV from the settings menu

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 11-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd
I have yet to decide on a remote and so I am still using a keyboard. If I am watching LIVE tv and hit the left arrow key.... nothing happens.

System Info:
Celeron 1.7Mhz
Biostar U8568 mobo (VIA P4X266E chipset)
AGP Radeon 9100
768K memory
40 Gig IDE
400 gig SATA
SageTv beta 6.011
PVR 150
I see on your System Info you are using a PVR150 if that is the Hauppauge and you have the remote and IR Blaster that came with it, you can install it and the remote works quite well!
I used that setup but eventually opted to purchase a Firefly because I can use it with other applications as well as Sage.
There is probably a lot of info on remotes in the Hardware Forum...
-JD
Old 11-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
-Dirk
did my last post about the menu issues I am having clear things up for you?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
-Dirk
did my last post about the menu issues I am having clear things up for you?
Hi Karl,

oh I already answered, did you miss this ? It seemed to have fixed the problem for ke6guj ...

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Karl,

oh I already answered, did you miss this ? It seemed to have fixed the problem for ke6guj ...

Dirk
I did miss that....I even looked thru before I posted...oh well. I'll try it and let you know. As well as let you know about the .my file in the imported videos issue.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Sage User

Newb questions

I am fairly new to SageTv and have performed the following enhancements:
1. Upgraded to latest Beta version.
2. Installed SageMC.
3. Enabled Dynamic Menus.

All is working but I have the following questions.

1. Does anyone recommend any particular Theme?

2. After installing the latest SageMC build I no longer have the Marker Icons showing. I also cannot seem to find the option to toggle them on/off in SageMC.

3. I noticed that the dynamic menu package had some nice custom menus prepackaged. Will these work in SageMC?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
Second question (more of a generic question): I accidentally selected a .stv file within Sage. Now I cannot get back to the original MC .xml as they (.xml fils) no longer show up as a selection although they are still there. I have tried a complete reinstall of Sage with no success. I have also changed the properties file directly with no success.

Try opening Studio. You can then change the STV from there.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Sage User

With the 6.0 upgrade and the auto thumbnails for My Videos, the way I used to specify a dvd cover by using folder.jpg in the folder the avi resides in i no longer is the default. Rather, the imdb cached is the default which is speedier, but the quality and user selection is not there. Is there a way to have the folder.jpg override the auto thumbnail creation?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlar
With the 6.0 upgrade and the auto thumbnails for My Videos, the way I used to specify a dvd cover by using folder.jpg in the folder the avi resides in i no longer is the default. Rather, the imdb cached is the default which is speedier, but the quality and user selection is not there. Is there a way to have the folder.jpg override the auto thumbnail creation?
An existing folder.jpg should override an autogenerated thumbnail (SageMC is just using Sage core functionality)... Did you try to rescan the import library folders ?

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc87
1. Does anyone recommend any particular Theme?
Entirely up to your taste ... I prefer the simple MC theme, but definitely check out the iTV theme, which is very popular

Quote:
2. After installing the latest SageMC build I no longer have the Marker Icons showing. I also cannot seem to find the option to toggle them on/off in SageMC.
What 'Marker' icons do you mean ?

Quote:
3. I noticed that the dynamic menu package had some nice custom menus prepackaged. Will these work in SageMC?
Most likely not, the code is simply too different.

Which ones were you thinking of ?

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy

One thing though... when I enabled the Dynamic Menus there were already some options laid out on the menu.
one of them WAS NOT SETUP!!
This is strange, since the include sagemc_menu.xml does include the Setup menu option. Unless you used the dynamic menus already before upgrading to 6.3.0, in which case the old menu definition file would still be stored in the property file ...

Quote:
How is one to get back to the Setup menu to disable Dynamic Menus if they can't figure out (or don't have the time) to add a Setup button to the menu?
The easiest way would be to change the property mlbdude/dynamic_main_menu in Sage.properties to false. But anyway, I will add an option to the dynamic menus options menu to get back top the default SageMC main menu, so that there is always an easy way out

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am not using V6 of Sage so I am still on the older verions of MC. The problem that I am suddenly having is that there is nothing in the MC upcoming recordings. Plently of shows are being recorded and the default STV shows a schedule. Just not MC
If this problem still persists, please enable debug logging and post the log file.

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Quote:
I am not using V6 of Sage so I am still on the older verions of MC. The problem that I am suddenly having is that there is nothing in the MC upcoming recordings. Plently of shows are being recorded and the default STV shows a schedule. Just not MC
If this problem still persists, please enable debug logging and post the log file.
Not sure if this is what happened, but just in case it is... ldavis: If this happens again, check to see if the default STV shows any scheduled recordings that have no info at all. It is possible for there to be a null Airing in the schedule for a short period of time when an EPG data update replaces the data for a show in the schedule. When this happens, the old Airing could be null until the schedule updates again. This caused a different custom menu to go blank on me. flachbar: _if_ this is what is happening, the schedule menu just has to check for a null Airing & handle that case as you build the list of info for your table or however the list is displayed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
flachbar: _if_ this is what is happening, the schedule menu just has to check for a null Airing & handle that case as you build the list of info for your table or however the list is displayed.
Thanks for the info Andy, I'll check that ...

Dirk
Old 11-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

-Dirk
That .xml you posted does fix my icon issue perfectly.

Disable 'use .my files' fixes the name not changing when 'skipping' thru imported videos in the detail view. Although I discovered something else. When I chose the first item on my list I could skip backwards but not forwards. Starting with any other item on the list and I can skip forwards and backwards, until I reach the 1st item again, then I can no longer skip forward.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

OK now more info on the dynamic menu 'main menu' replacement issue:
Selecting an item in the dynamic menu to exit the screen, then returning back to the main menu will ONLY highlight the item you chose to leave the screen if you selected a main item in the list. This does not work if you use the side pop out items (ie. my videos/file system). When returning back to the main screen the last item you chose on the dynamic menu will be highlighted. You will see the main item for which you chose a side pop out item highlight for a split second before it switches. For example do this:
1. on the main screen select 'my music'
2. return to the main screen either with the home command or left as back it doesn't matter.
3. now select my TV/recorded TV
4. return to the main screen
5. music will be highlighted after my TV flashes for a split second
Old 11-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC 6.3.0 & Service Mode Issue

I have read a few short posts about this and was wondering if there is a resolution.

I had Sage v6 with SageMC 6.2 running. I downloaded SageMC 6.3 update (not full) and extracted it to the sagetv directory. Before this though, I loaded the default .xml.

When I start Sagetv in service mode, I get a serious hang on loading. Then once it does load, after about 3-4 minutes, navigating through menu's is impossible. Nearly :30 to switch from one menu item to the next.

Without service mode it runs fine.

I saw a post about "ui/use_native_image_loader" to 'true'. I checked the properties file and do not have this line to change. I wasn't even sure if that answer was for this question.
Any tips would be great.
Thanks!!
Closed Thread