SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Thanks Dirk. I'll take a look at your changes and look at the debug log for other things I may create in studio..
Cool. If you have any questions regardin the import code, just let me know. If you get those Movie Theater Times ported , I'll chime in provide another import for it ...

Dirk
Old 06-16-2006, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I understand, but is it something I can do myself?
Well, first of all you would need to be quite familiar with Studio. You would need to have a look at the Numeric Text Input screen in the default STV, reimplement it in SageMC with the proper look&feel (unless you dont care), and hook it up to the places where you want to use it...

Dirk
Old 06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Ok, if I get some time I will play around with it.
Using your web radio import, you can only get to the web radio thru the "My Menu" and not the music screen correct? If so I assume I can edit the music screen in studio to have this button if I so desire. I do understand your issues with having extra buttons and the look and feel of things, as a designer I deal with that stuff everyday. Hopefully I can get my hands dirty with Studio one day and help out.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, if I get some time I will play around with it.
Using your web radio import, you can only get to the web radio thru the "My Menu" and not the music screen correct? If so I assume I can edit the music screen in studio to have this button if I so desire. I do understand your issues with having extra buttons and the look and feel of things, as a designer I deal with that stuff everyday. Hopefully I can get my hands dirty with Studio one day and help out.
Yeah, you can add the button, but you also need to modify the button panel to make it bigger.
I attached a screenshot as a help ...

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buttons.JPG (77.0 KB, 425 views)
Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Great, thank yo for all the help and your time!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
.....now about that pandora plugin.....
http://www.techslut.net/544/pandoras...-your-computer
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage Icon

Is the import for webradio supposed to have the 'webradio' button? It only shows up if I use Morgan111's .xml but not dirk's import. I saw that you mentioned you left it out? not sure.
thanks,
JUC

edit: nevermind I just found out this does not work with the MVP!
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 06-16-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there src999,

Here's what I can think of, check the mapping of your "HOME" key in the commands editor in detailed settings. Make sure that there isn't a HOME, and DVD MENU (or something like that) attached to it. I even tried it out, and was able to get the same behaviour you are reporting. It is at least worth a try. If it isn't that, then I am at a loss on this one. gl2u...
Nope - that's the first thing I checked. I even removed the mapping for the home button, and re-added it. Something about that jump to the home page is triggering a disc check.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would the latest addon version cause the remember playback position import to stop working? I've tried re-importing and I still can't get it to work. Any chance this will be included in SageMC Addon? Thanks
Old 06-17-2006, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Would the latest addon version cause the remember playback position import to stop working? I've tried re-importing and I still can't get it to work. Any chance this will be included in SageMC Addon? Thanks
Yeah, you probably disabled the stop popup dialog in the new version, right ? In this case the time tracking will not get executed, I will update the plugin when I'll find some time. For now, just enable the dialog again...

Dirk
Old 06-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone have any ideas on when you click on a song to play it, and that menu to "Play this song" comes up, it takes about 20 seconds for the menu to show up? It starts really tiny, then gets bigger over a long period of time? Seems like the animation is slow or something...it's been this way for some time now.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, you probably disabled the stop popup dialog in the new version, right ? In this case the time tracking will not get executed, I will update the plugin when I'll find some time. For now, just enable the dialog again...

Dirk
Thanks, just trying different options. All is well. Again, great job on this.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Anyone have any ideas on when you click on a song to play it, and that menu to "Play this song" comes up, it takes about 20 seconds for the menu to show up? It starts really tiny, then gets bigger over a long period of time? Seems like the animation is slow or something...it's been this way for some time now.
Same here... I just noticed it today...

-Jason
Old 06-17-2006, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Same here... I just noticed it today...

-Jason
Can you check if this also happens with 5_10 ?

Dirk
Old 06-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I have what I suspect is a similar problem with the progress bar at the bottom of regular recordings. This bar comes up when you press pause instantly, but play brings it up slowly (about 2 seconds).
Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Can you check if this also happens with 5_10 ?

Dirk
For me on the MVP-this has been happening for a while now--few months. The popup starts off small and gets bigger over time-if you arrow around a bit with the remote it comes up a little faster. Even with animations off - same result.

Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago (and posted about it). As I said in the other post, the timer that controls the growth of the popup box seems to be tied to the "seconds counter" timer for displaying the playback time of a song. It's very obvious when you are playing a song, since every time the timer updates, the popup grows as well.

If you aren't playing a song, the popup growth seems to be tied to an event that gets triggered when you press a key (move the cursor, etc.).
Old 06-18-2006, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
For me on the MVP-this has been happening for a while now--few months. The popup starts off small and gets bigger over time-if you arrow around a bit with the remote it comes up a little faster. Even with animations off - same result.

Thanks
JUC
This always did when osd and UI animations were added and always will happen on the MVP. The MVP doesn't have the processing power to handle the animations. That's why the option to turn them off was added. I always turn off the main menu, osd an UI animations on the MVP.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago (and posted about it). As I said in the other post, the timer that controls the growth of the popup box seems to be tied to the "seconds counter" timer for displaying the playback time of a song. It's very obvious when you are playing a song, since every time the timer updates, the popup grows as well.

If you aren't playing a song, the popup growth seems to be tied to an event that gets triggered when you press a key (move the cursor, etc.).
Interesting observation. I have observed the same thing happening. While a song is playing, the popup gets bigger every second, however, when not, every push of a key makes it get bigger.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
This always did when osd and UI animations were added and always will happen on the MVP. The MVP doesn't have the processing power to handle the animations. That's why the option to turn them off was added. I always turn off the main menu, osd an UI animations on the MVP.

Gerry
Did you guys ever notice the following in the music library: when you select a song which brings up the onscreen options menu for the very first time, the menu does not appear, only after using the up/down keys the menu options become visible. After that, it appears to be ok ...

Wondered if this only happens on my machine, since I've never seen this been reported before.

Dirk
Closed Thread