SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Commercial Skipping?

Hi all, me again,
Could someone please guide me in the right direction as to what I am supposed to do to get Commercial skipping working?

First, I had it working great. I just used Showanalyzer (full) and the comskip proxy when I was using SageTV v5.0.4 and SageMC 6.?? . Then I updated SageMC to 6.13a and commercial skipping stopped working. I gave up for a while at this point.

Then, when SageTV 6.0 beta came out, I did a complete re-install and then installed SageMC 6.2.0a. I installed Showanalyzer and manually ran Showanalyazer on some short recordings and think I set it up correctly because it is outputting the .edl files. I started SageTV and enabled Comskip. When I play that show in SageTV 6.0, I don't see the commercials that were skipped.

Now I don't know what to do. I've read about it and it seems like the posts are a little old now.

Has anything changed in SageMC 6.2.0a to allow for easier commercial skipping setup?

Could someone guide me step by step on how to setup commercial skipping using Showanalyzer and Dirmon2? I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to set it so that only 3 digits need to be entered for channels? Right now I have to add a "0" before every number and all my channels are only 3 digits long. I am using the R5000 network encoders and I so there is no option to change the number of digits in the tuner setup area (or at least I couldn't find any).
Old 11-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
I was having problems with the sort order of Imported Videos in the combined folder view of the default STV after doing an IMDB save against files using SageMC. Everything was being sorted by the result of GetShowEpisode in which the IMDB save puts the movie tag-line. I got this reply from Sage.
Quote:
The Episode field for imported videos is supposed to hold the relative path to the import root (which is used in the combined folder view). So it's best not to overwrite that field with additional information.
The SageMC IMDB save is writing the movie tag-line into the episode field, which is not a problem for SageMC because you are following the API Spec. I've asked if there are any other fields that are used differently from the description in the API Spec.
Actually, it is the reverse - I've already posted earlier in this thread that the Title field for imported videos is the relative path & the Episode is the video name portion with the path stripped off.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Actually, it is the reverse - I've already posted earlier in this thread that the Title field for imported videos is the relative path & the Episode is the video name portion with the path stripped off.

- Andy
Opus4 we seem to be following each other around the forum. For me the issue is that the API spec doesn't mention that GetShowEpisode is used for something completely different for imported videos. Probably not really a discussion for here though.

John
Old 11-11-2006, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
Hi all, me again,
Could someone please guide me in the right direction as to what I am supposed to do to get Commercial skipping working?

First, I had it working great. I just used Showanalyzer (full) and the comskip proxy when I was using SageTV v5.0.4 and SageMC 6.?? . Then I updated SageMC to 6.13a and commercial skipping stopped working. I gave up for a while at this point.

Then, when SageTV 6.0 beta came out, I did a complete re-install and then installed SageMC 6.2.0a. I installed Showanalyzer and manually ran Showanalyazer on some short recordings and think I set it up correctly because it is outputting the .edl files. I started SageTV and enabled Comskip. When I play that show in SageTV 6.0, I don't see the commercials that were skipped.

Now I don't know what to do. I've read about it and it seems like the posts are a little old now.

Has anything changed in SageMC 6.2.0a to allow for easier commercial skipping setup?

Could someone guide me step by step on how to setup commercial skipping using Showanalyzer and Dirmon2? I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks!!
Can you post a debug file (see my signature), maybe it's a missing/incorrect JAR file ...

Dirk
Old 11-11-2006, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer
Here are the error logs that I get back. I found that all my paths are pointed to somewhere on the C drives I don't know what could be causing this problem.

These are seperate logs from trying it twice on my machine.
Are you using any other STVis ?

Dirk
Old 11-11-2006, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca
Is there a way to set it so that only 3 digits need to be entered for channels? Right now I have to add a "0" before every number and all my channels are only 3 digits long. I am using the R5000 network encoders and I so there is no option to change the number of digits in the tuner setup area (or at least I couldn't find any).
There will be a fix in the new version regarding this issue, but I'm not sure if this would help you in any way ...

Dirk
Old 11-11-2006, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asout
SAGEMC is much more to my liking but still a few issues;

1) My Music Files - dosent automatically play next song, and I cant find how to skip to next song

2) Pressing PLAY on a song plays the top file in My Music Files NOT the one
selected

3) Font size seems a little to large
Is there any reason that you need to use the Music Filebrowser ? This module is kind'a "there", but not really worked on any more (so some stuff might not work), and future development will only happen on the 'My Music' module

Quote:
4) Cant skip to next picture in My Pictures
During the slideshow or single picture view ? That should work, with the cursor up/down buttons

Quote:
6) Each MVP has to be configured seperatly, should be global to all
Well, this is Sage core functionality (every MVP client has its own properties file), there's nothing the STV can do about it

Dirk
Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage User

The only reason I use music files is to see my mp3s in a directory/folder view then filename, can this be done in My Music?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
There will be a fix in the new version regarding this issue, but I'm not sure if this would help you in any way ...

Dirk
I don't think its the same issue, with my setup Sage is just expecting 4 digit entry and v5 had the same behaviour. I know before when I was just using a PVR-500 and had set the # of digits to 3 in the tuning setup it worked so that I only needed to enter 3 digits. But since I added 2 R5000's network encoders I need to enter 4 digits. I can't change the number of digits to enter since the network encoder handles its own tuning. So I wonder if Sage then defaults to 4 digit entry when a network encoder is present?

I thought I read somewhere that in the default STV one could hard code 3 digit input using studio, is there a way I could do this in SageMC?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does SageMC "change" anything that would prevent me fom reverting back to "standard" SageTV? By this, I mean if I were to install SageMC, try it out, and then decide not to use it, can I just re-select the stock SageTV XML (STV) file? I have tried SageMC on my laptop, but want to test it on my HTPC, but I am concerned that I would have problems reverting back if it doesn't work well on my old tube tv.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Have no fear. SageMC will not 'change' anything. You can switch back and forth between SageMC and the default STV with no issues.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Sage User

ComSkip and latest dev

I noticed some time ago (maybe v13) that the OSD comskip marks do not appear. I have checked my video directory and the files are being created, but didn't have the time to deal with it. Now I just updated to the 6.2 and comskip is still not working, but now I actually want it to work. It still creates the files but the OSD, once again, doesn't show the marks nor is it skipping. Any thoughts?

Last edited by fafurd; 11-12-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I see a path to F:\TV in the log anywhere I can find a path to a mpg file in your log. Example:
F:\TV\FoolyCooly-FullSwing-478005-0.mpg

Now that I use URLs, the paths in my log files look like:
\\SERVER\Sage Recordings\Sage Recordings\ExtremeMakeoverHomeEdition-ArenaFamily-315219-0.mpg

When I created my URLs, I actually deleted my existing directories and recreated them from scratch. I lost my current recordings, which wasn't good, but I didn't have the problem you are having. If all else fails, might be worth a try.
I was able to figure this out... it was like you said. I first needed to put UNC path and moved all of my recordings. Then I deleted all of my comskip generated files and let it run again. It picked them up just fine.

Thanks for helping me through this... Keep going sageMC!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer
I was able to figure this out... it was like you said. I first needed to put UNC path and moved all of my recordings. Then I deleted all of my comskip generated files and let it run again. It picked them up just fine.

Thanks for helping me through this... Keep going sageMC!
I'm glad it's working!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafurd
I noticed some time ago (maybe v13) that the OSD comskip marks do not appear. I have checked my video directory and the files are being created, but didn't have the time to deal with it. Now I just updated to the 6.2 and comskip is still not working, but now I actually want it to work. It still creates the files but the OSD, once again, doesn't show the marks nor is it skipping. Any thoughts?
I believe there was a sagetv/sagetv/net/ folder that needed to be deleted, because it was accidentally created some time ago, but I've searched and looked through some of the posts in this thread, and can't seem to find where it is.

I think it just had a single JAR file in it, but it was buried several layers deep in that net directory.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I believe there was a sagetv/sagetv/net/ folder that needed to be deleted, because it was accidentally created some time ago, but I've searched and looked through some of the posts in this thread, and can't seem to find where it is.

I think it just had a single JAR file in it, but it was buried several layers deep in that net directory.
That was it! Just to test, I renamed the folder and my comskip markers appeared.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca

I thought I read somewhere that in the default STV one could hard code 3 digit input using studio, is there a way I could do this in SageMC?
Search for all occurences of
Code:
Size(MaxChannel + "")
in Studion and replace them with
Code:
Dirk
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafurd
That was it! Just to test, I renamed the folder and my comskip markers appeared.
Very good. I wish my memory with other things, were as good as my memory with SageMC issues...
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
Hi all, me again,

Thanks!!

Quote:
Can you post a debug file (see my signature), maybe it's a missing/incorrect JAR file ...
Sorry for the wait in a reply Dirk. Funny thing is, it seems to be working now. I do have a new problem and that is Dirmon2. When that is running it bogs down my system something terrible. I do remember reading someone has the same problem and I'm sure it has something to do with the settings in either SA or Dirmon2. The next problem is finding that thread again.
Any suggestions on which is the culprit? SA or Dirmon2?
Thanks again.
Closed Thread