SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Sage User

Okay, it looks like I figured out the problem with the DVDProfiler Import. File in DVD Profiler was named slightly different than what the folders were on the hard drive.

Next Question. Is there a way to make the cover art space bigger? There seems to be alot of unused space between the Title and description. Is there a limitation on cover art resolution?

Last edited by bullgates; 11-08-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all,

I have asked this question in the xmltv forum, but havent got a response. thought i might see if there is a property in the stv that works....
I want to be able to assign certain channels a category as i cant get that info from the epg/source data.

i.e. set HBO = all movies, CNN = News, etc.

Any ideas?
Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Dirk,
JREkiwi seems to have made some rather intriguing improvements to the .my file creation. Any chance of rolling that into the next version of SageMC?
Not for the next version (too much new stuff already ), but I'll take a look at it some time after that ...

Dirk
Old 11-08-2006, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
Hi all,

I have asked this question in the xmltv forum, but havent got a response. thought i might see if there is a property in the stv that works....
I want to be able to assign certain channels a category as i cant get that info from the epg/source data.

i.e. set HBO = all movies, CNN = News, etc.

Any ideas?
Thanks again.
That's probably not possible without writing custom STV code ...

Dirk
Old 11-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Not for the next version (too much new stuff already ), but I'll take a look at it some time after that ...

Dirk
Wonderful. Thank You. I can be patient...............is it done yet
Old 11-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Sage User

I know it should be a simple process but how do I setup Theatertek to play DVDs and TS files from within Sage?

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Yes, just remap your 3 Sage drives using the UNC (\\server name\path to folder) nomenclature. In Sage Detailed Setup-Video Directories, click on your video directory and select "Change the Directory Path". Enter the UNC path to the directory. You should be good.
I tried this last night and when I try to load any of the video files I get a disk read error a few times before the video starts playing. It also doesn't pick up the commercial skipping.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have you done a complete restart? Sounds like a network issue, but I'm just guessing. Also, do you see any edl files in your sage directories? BTW, which program are you using to create the edl files?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgates
I know it should be a simple process but how do I setup Theatertek to play DVDs and TS files from within Sage?

Thanks.
  • enable 'External DVD Player' in the SageMC options
  • edit the file 'dvd_player.cmd' in STVs\SageTV3\SageMC to point to your TheaterTek program
I never used it myself, but this should do it.

Dirk
Old 11-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Have you done a complete restart? Sounds like a network issue, but I'm just guessing. Also, do you see any edl files in your sage directories? BTW, which program are you using to create the edl files?
I have done a restart on both machines... I will try it again though since I may have changed something since then.

I do see the edl files in the same directory. I am using comskip monitor (which is really great BTW) and it is processing them right. I have viewed them on my server and everything looks as it should.

edit: I have rebooted both machines and made sure that the permissions are all there. I am still getting a an error. I am attaching what happens when I try to load the file. I have to continue on this a few times before the message finally goes away. I am assuming that this has something to do with the comskip not working or reading the edl files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (131.4 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by rabbitslayer; 11-09-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm completely at a loss here. I don't have a clue why you would get that error. Just curious-do you see this same error on recordings made since you changed the path or only on those made before you made the change?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cover Art

Anyone else have this?

In the My Music section, the cover art for the albums are long and rectangular, like a 16x9 screen....

In the My Videos section, the DVD cover art is square (like what you would expect the music cover art to be like...)

Something I can live with but still think about it...ya know?!

Its been like this for longer than I can remember (but not prior to 6.0 though).

Running Sage 6.0.12.110 and MC16x9 6.2.0a and Java 1.5.0_02.

Any ideas?
JD
Old 11-10-2006, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer
I am attaching what happens when I try to load the file. I have to continue on this a few times before the message finally goes away. I am assuming that this has something to do with the comskip not working or reading the edl files.
Can you check in the SageMC Path options if anything is accidently pointing to a floppy or CD/DVD drive ?

Dirk
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
  • enable 'External DVD Player' in the SageMC options
  • edit the file 'dvd_player.cmd' in STVs\SageTV3\SageMC to point to your TheaterTek program
I never used it myself, but this should do it.

Dirk

Works great. Thanks for the instructions.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Can you check in the SageMC Path options if anything is accidently pointing to a floppy or CD/DVD drive ?

Dirk
I will check this when I get home this afternoon. I did setup the recording drives to UNC paths. But I will check the path options in the setup.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage User

Scaling fonts in folder list

I would like to know a way for the video title or recording title not to scale down when the name of the file is too big.

As an example,
FILE=The house.mpg will display fine -> THE HOUSE

Where as
FILE=The house on fire down the street will display soo small, i cannot read it on the Tv screen.

Any clue in finding a solution would be appreciated
Regards,
Old 11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVBtCi
I would like to know a way for the video title or recording title not to scale down when the name of the file is too big.

As an example,
FILE=The house.mpg will display fine -> THE HOUSE

Where as
FILE=The house on fire down the street will display soo small, i cannot read it on the Tv screen.

Any clue in finding a solution would be appreciated
Regards,
Yeah, this is kind of funny. In My Videos, I have Pirates of the Carribean, the entire title, and it's almost impossible to read, unless you are close up to the TV.

The problem is, that it's either this, or you get the ...

And I'm not sure I like that solution over the other one.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Dirk
Here are the error logs that I get back. I found that all my paths are pointed to somewhere on the C drives I don't know what could be causing this problem.

These are seperate logs from trying it twice on my machine.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (49.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (49.5 KB, 231 views)
Old 11-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, FYI...

I was having problems with the sort order of Imported Videos in the combined folder view of the default STV after doing an IMDB save against files using SageMC. Everything was being sorted by the result of GetShowEpisode in which the IMDB save puts the movie tag-line. I got this reply from Sage.
Quote:
The Episode field for imported videos is supposed to hold the relative path to the import root (which is used in the combined folder view). So it's best not to overwrite that field with additional information.
The SageMC IMDB save is writing the movie tag-line into the episode field, which is not a problem for SageMC because you are following the API Spec. I've asked if there are any other fields that are used differently from the description in the API Spec.

John
Old 11-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer
Here are the error logs that I get back. I found that all my paths are pointed to somewhere on the C drives I don't know what could be causing this problem.

These are seperate logs from trying it twice on my machine.
I see a path to F:\TV in the log anywhere I can find a path to a mpg file in your log. Example:
F:\TV\FoolyCooly-FullSwing-478005-0.mpg

Now that I use URLs, the paths in my log files look like:
\\SERVER\Sage Recordings\Sage Recordings\ExtremeMakeoverHomeEdition-ArenaFamily-315219-0.mpg

When I created my URLs, I actually deleted my existing directories and recreated them from scratch. I lost my current recordings, which wasn't good, but I didn't have the problem you are having. If all else fails, might be worth a try.
Closed Thread