SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

New Theme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
How do you guys like these screens? I did not make the gfx, but the author gave me full use of any and all gfx associated, so I started playing a bit. I just wanted to see if this is something more people would like to see, or maybe not....comments welcome! You'll also notice I shortened up the hp_selectionbar.png for the main menu in a couple pics (where the bar would extend too far off of the text...looks better) Please note that there are no jaggies in the fonts or characters at all, my pics just didn't come out the best. They are brilliant on the screen!
I like the image of the little man...how does one impliment these, or add them as a theme?
I have used the black background themes and have recently gone for the blue backgounds...just a personal preference...
JD
Old 11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
I like the image of the little man...how does one impliment these, or add them as a theme?
I have used the black background themes and have recently gone for the blue backgounds...just a personal preference...
JD
He will have to provide an image package, which will just be a directory filled with images, genre icons, and show icons. Once that is done, you just drop it in the folder with all the other directories of images, and add two lines to your properties file, to have the new theme show up.

If you take a look at the iSageTV (may be still called iTV) theme, and look at the instructions, you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20620

Okay, edit. It appears that the import for iTV now takes care of the additional lines in the properties file, so, for an example, see this new theme for SageMC:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=sage+retro

LOL, never saw that until today!

Old 11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I like the little character. It's just what I've been looking for. I got my own backs I'd use though.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
You can already do this ... Just do another IMDB search and save the correct picture. Unfortunately there is no way around the evil Sage image cache, so the new pic will only get displayed after a UI restart.
I see what you mean, but there are a few problems:

* the IMDB search option does not show up in the menu unless the show you are looking at is a menu (it does show up if you press escape, though, and use the popup menu)

* on screens where the IMDB button does show up in the menu, it appears beneath the delete button which is sort of confusing (quite often I find myself doing a search when I meant to do a delete just because I expect delete to be at the bottom)

* if there is no viable match (ie: the show isn't in IMDB, you can't clear out the setting that it automatically found)

Is IMDB a user-built database? Maybe I can just create a record for the TV show so that it can then find the fight information.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Is IMDB a user-built database? Maybe I can just create a record for the TV show so that it can then find the fight information.
Yes I believe so, but I think you have to pay a fee (yearly) to be able to post show data. Not 100% sure on that though.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Continue (Only 5 pics per post)...
Also, please note that the gfx/fonts/colors all look much better than what is showing here. They are very nice and professional looking on your screen....These pictures really don't do them justice IMO!
These look very nice! I'd love to have these gfx as a skin in SageMC.
The little character is finally something new out there!

Erik.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadErik
These look very nice! I'd love to have these gfx as a skin in SageMC.
The little character is finally something new out there!

Erik.
I second that... think they look great. Like the backgrounds too.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I also have a very nice Grey background, and a very nice Black background that are in the same style of the background above. They all look very nice, I just chose green as it was a nice change.
Any chance you also got a blue (like MC theme) background ?

Dirk
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Deria,

Quote:
I see what you mean, but there are a few problems:

* the IMDB search option does not show up in the menu unless the show you are looking at is a menu (it does show up if you press escape, though, and use the popup menu)
You mean unless it's a movie, right ? Well, the thing is that the SageMC UI layout does not allow for more than 7 buttons in the left pane. For TV shows, this number of buttons can already be displayed in certain situations, so the options menu was the only way I could think of to make it accessible ...

Quote:
* on screens where the IMDB button does show up in the menu, it appears beneath the delete button which is sort of confusing (quite often I find myself doing a search when I meant to do a delete just because I expect delete to be at the bottom)
I can take care of that one ...

Quote:
* if there is no viable match (ie: the show isn't in IMDB, you can't clear out the setting that it automatically found)
I'll try to add functionality to permanently clear cover art from a show

Dirk
Old 11-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I may have found a bug. If I go into search, then search by title, it has the (very nice) "search as you type" feature. Strangely, though, its show matches from my music library too (ie: not just TV shows). I would have expected it to show only TV shows.

Regarding the 7 button limit... hmm, would it be possible to show the option for IMDB search only if there were not already 7 buttons showing? Its not that important, just something I noticed. If it stays exactly the way it is, I'll still be perfectly happy.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think I may have found a bug. If I go into search, then search by title, it has the (very nice) "search as you type" feature. Strangely, though, its show matches from my music library too (ie: not just TV shows). I would have expected it to show only TV shows.
This probably really isn't a bug; it is just the way the older API calls work. Some newer API calls for v6 can be told what media types are allowed to be found by the search. Example: under the "Easy Search - Title" menu widget ("Search by Title" menu) in the default STV, SearchForTitles(SearchString,"T") is used to search only for TV shows. Several such calls can now use a MediaMask parameter to choose the media type(s) to be listed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, what Andy said, now in V6 this is much easier to achieve. Is fixed for the next version

Quote:
Regarding the 7 button limit... hmm, would it be possible to show the option for IMDB search only if there were not already 7 buttons showing? Its not that important, just something I noticed. If it stays exactly the way it is, I'll still be perfectly happy.
Consistency was my main concern, but you are right, I sometimes also wish it would show in the button panel if there is space ... I'll see what I can do

Dirk
Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Something looks a bit strange here, no?

Old 11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

No standby with SageMC?

It seems my computer doesn't want to in standby when I have SageMC...
I added an option on the main menu for the screen saver (I guess it would be equivalent to the "Standby" of the orignial sagetv?). The screen saver goes but the computer doesn't go in standby. I even tried one minute of delay for the standby and doesn't do anything. Does anyone has success with the standby and SageMC?

Erik.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Something looks a bit strange here, no?
Reboot fixed it...strange.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, I've got a feature request for you.

I currently have my OSD select button configured to "options menu". Would it be possible to have the select button set to default to the options menu, except for when a channel number has been entered and needs to be confirmed? Basically combine the "options menu" and "confirm a channel entry" for "select in OSD".
Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
The new 6.20 is really slick... I like the weather bar in the main menu.
Btw: any chance to have in the weather bar the forecast also?

Erik.
I can see the weather bar on my MVP, but not on my main television. Is there a setting I need to add to make it show on the primary view (runs from the server).
Old 11-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
It seems my computer doesn't want to in standby when I have SageMC...
I added an option on the main menu for the screen saver (I guess it would be equivalent to the "Standby" of the orignial sagetv?). The screen saver goes but the computer doesn't go in standby. I even tried one minute of delay for the standby and doesn't do anything. Does anyone has success with the standby and SageMC?

Erik.
works fine for me. sage 6.11 and sagemc 6.2a
Old 11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

I just installed the latest version and would like some help with the .my file creation process.
How do I enable .my file creation?
Quote:
automatic .my files generation will now includes library files too
Does this mean that I can create a .my file for something that was already recorded and re-encoded? I typically cut out commercials, rename the file by just leaving off the numbers on the end of the file, enocde them to *.mp4 and place them in an import folder. If it is possible to get the info from the Recording History then how would I do this?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I just installed the latest version and would like some help with the .my file creation process.
How do I enable .my file creation?

Does this mean that I can create a .my file for something that was already recorded and re-encoded? I typically cut out commercials, rename the file by just leaving off the numbers on the end of the file, enocde them to *.mp4 and place them in an import folder. If it is possible to get the info from the Recording History then how would I do this?
Check the SageMC Options in the Settings>>Detailed Setup>>Advanced area.