SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dynamic Menu Snafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarrett
so I ran across something like "enable Nielm's dynamic menu" - thought I would try that. When I got back to the main menu I had "cannot find <some Java class>"..and I was absolutely stuck.
Yeah, what up with that??!

Been there, done that...for some reason I never have been able to get the dynamic menus going...but I DO NOT want to hose my system again!

I hope geogecko and me in maui have the way back as it took me most of Sunday to finally get things back to normal....
(of course, I usually don't ask for directons when I get lost either)
JD

BTW, you want the line to read: STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.xml

Last edited by JDizzy; 10-26-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, I tried to set it up too, a couple weeks ago, and got stuck in the same loop. That's why I knew how to get out of it.

I think it would be cool, but I just have not had the time to read up on how to set it up correctly. It looks like it could be a very powerful tool.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Sage User

That did it. Will think twice before I go changing things I know nothnig about . And, now I know the secret file to edit if I do mess up a setting.

Thanks!!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Sage Icon

Glad you got it working.

My HTPC is out of commision now. I pulled my FusionHDTV card to replace it with a FusionHDTV USB, and upon trying to reboot, it won't even POST now. I've been at it for almost 3 hours, and I'm giving up...this happened once before, but after enough power cycles, the board finally started working again...not this time though.

If ASUS doesn't come through with a new motherboard...I doubt I will get it fixed. I'm just tired of jacking around with the thing. Almost every other week it's something.

Sorry to rant, I'm just ticked off...
Old 10-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
3 hours...and you are already giving up, you got at least another 5 hour to go..... Actually I feel your pain, I really really do. I just built 2 identical HTPC, yet mine is running perfect and my Brother-in-laws has a problem every day...go figure!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Glad you got it working.

My HTPC is out of commision now. I pulled my FusionHDTV card to replace it with a FusionHDTV USB, and upon trying to reboot, it won't even POST now. I've been at it for almost 3 hours, and I'm giving up...this happened once before, but after enough power cycles, the board finally started working again...not this time though.

If ASUS doesn't come through with a new motherboard...I doubt I will get it fixed. I'm just tired of jacking around with the thing. Almost every other week it's something.

Sorry to rant, I'm just ticked off...
I had almost the exact same problem with two separate computers. It turned out to be the power supply in both cases, even though at first it looked like a motherboard problem. It would start when I jumpered the start pin manually, but wouldn't when plugged into the motherboard (except once after power cycling about 20 times). If you have another PS available, give it a try. I can fill in more details via PM if you want.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Sage Icon

I had major issues with my HTPC as some of you might know, for the past few months. Finally ended up finding a bad DRAM. New memory installed and everything (XP, Sage 6.0.12, SageMC 6.2.0a and iTV 0.21) is running great. Given the headaches that I went through, I'm sorry to say I wont be testing anything else for a week or two! (Other than the new R5000 capture software that I am testing, and possibly another new tuner setup). Its just so refreshing to come home, start up the HT and see the Sage GUI still on the screen!!! Its a thing of beauty (spooky beauty with the Halloween graphics!)
Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

I've had more trouble with the HTPC computer, than with three other computers I've built.

I'm not positive, but I am still leaning towards the MB. I may go ahead and replace the PSU anyway, since I've grown to NOT be so fond of it (Antec Phantom 350), the thing just gets really hot.

Fry's only carries the Seasonic S12-650 or the M12-700, not really my best choices for a system that consumes less than 200W, nor the least expensive... It's either one of those, or waiting 3 days to get something online...maybe I can just do without my other PC for a few days...

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'll keep to myself from now on, anyone got any comments, just send me a PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui

snip

Edit: Darn, it's hard to type one handed while holding a screaming baby. I just took too long.

Holding your screaming baby... So that's what they're calling it now...

What message board did you THINK you were on?

Just kidding, how are the twins doing? Never saw any mention of the quake from you, everything OK?
Old 10-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

I hate to continue OT......Jason, you mentioned you put in a USB Fusion tuner... Have you tried booting without it installed? USB tuners draw a lot of power. I'd just be curious to know if you can POST and BOOT without the USB connected.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands

Holding your screaming baby... So that's what they're calling it now...

What message board did you THINK you were on?

Just kidding, how are the twins doing? Never saw any mention of the quake from you, everything OK?

lol. The twins are doing great. We moved them into their own room a few days ago and they have both started sleeping through the night.

We got a good shake up here with the quake, but there was no damage. The worst was that it took 4 hour before they got the power back on. The quote of the day was from our 2.75 yr old. He said, "Daddy, the house is wiggling!.....I don't like it."

Thanks for asking!

Ok, now we can return to our regularly scheduled topic.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

flachbar. thank you for all your work on sagemc. its really appreciated.

one thing though... maybe its been already answered in this thread but i can't seem to find any reference to it... is there gonna be a "Compress" command implemented soon to enable us to transcode our recording to other formats? (as in sagetv6)

thanks once again.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

My Music

You know.... one thing I haven't figured out is why, when, using My Music, I can't seem to load up the Queue with songs....

I highlite a song, press Add To Queue, it says, Added To Queue (and you have to click to close popup) but when you check the Queue, it only has the song that is currently playing listed and once the song finishes, that's it....

Also, I can't seem to figure how to get an entire album to play all the songs top to bottom... it plays the first song and that's it.

Just another hurdle..
JD
Old 10-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
You know.... one thing I haven't figured out is why, when, using My Music, I can't seem to load up the Queue with songs....

I highlite a song, press Add To Queue, it says, Added To Queue (and you have to click to close popup) but when you check the Queue, it only has the song that is currently playing listed and once the song finishes, that's it....

Also, I can't seem to figure how to get an entire album to play all the songs top to bottom... it plays the first song and that's it.

Just another hurdle..
JD
Usually, if I go to album view, or artist view (then view the albums by that artist), all I have to do is click the "Play" button on the left, with the entire album songs listed at the right. If you go into the actual song, and then click play, it will only play that song, but if you remain in the album, with all songs showing, it will play the entire album.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, BTW, I'm back in business. Nothing a 550W PSU couldn't solve. Thanks for the moral support guys. Now where's that STV I'm supposed to be trying out...
Old 10-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Oh, BTW, I'm back in business. Nothing a 550W PSU couldn't solve. Thanks for the moral support guys. Now where's that STV I'm supposed to be trying out...
WOOHOOO! One man makes it back...another goes down......my DualTV is looking like crap...looks like I'll be busy for a while
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Think I may have found 1 small bug on the main menu. When using MCE style menu, when I select the "My Menu" item it doesnt display the little picture (little guy holding a newspaper looks like) to the right. When using the Sage style menus it displays properly. Tried poking around in studio but got lost very quickly

Miller
Old 10-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
WOOHOOO! One man makes it back...another goes down......my DualTV is looking like crap...looks like I'll be busy for a while
Sorry to hear that! Is the DualTV, that Nvidia card?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

yes it is......I am getting soooo tired of crappy nVidia drivers.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
yes it is......I am getting soooo tired of crappy nVidia drivers.
That's what I used to say about ATI video drivers...

Dirk.

I was checking out the compression features in the default STV. One thing I noticed that was lacking, was a way to schedule them in the "Series Settings." It seems only natural that you might want to always compress some shows, for instance, on an iPod or something. Another nice feature, might be to have all those go to a dedicated folder, so that some other program could load them into iTunes, and have them ready to go when you sync your iPod next...not that I even have a video iPod...just seems like were the feature needs to grow. Would the STV be able to handle that?

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next...