SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
but I have been using it this way for a long time. Is transparent backgrounds something that can be modified in studio easily?
You mean you have been using it with the default STV, right ? Well, load v6.13a, set the 'Video Menu Options' in the Detailed Setup to "Background / Always" and see for yourself, the UI looks like crap with background video. As you already mentioned, it was never designed for this usage.

Dirk
Old 10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Sage Expert

text versus alpha again

I had this problem a while back and it has risen it's ugly head again. I want the alpha style search as opposed to the number pad. I understand the "pause" button is supposed to switch this but I don't have that. I have a "play/pause" button that does not force this change. How do I get my alpha pad back?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
You mean you have been using it with the default STV, right ? Well, load v6.13a, set the 'Video Menu Options' in the Detailed Setup to "Background / Always" and see for yourself, the UI looks like crap with background video. As you already mentioned, it was never designed for this usage.

Dirk
No, I have been using sagemc with transparent background. I don't think it looked bad, I liked it.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I had this problem a while back and it has risen it's ugly head again. I want the alpha style search as opposed to the number pad. I understand the "pause" button is supposed to switch this but I don't have that. I have a "play/pause" button that does not force this change. How do I get my alpha pad back?
Detailed Setup / Customize / Numeric Text Input Settings / Use NTE: No

Dirk
Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Bugfix update 6.2.0a

Uploaded 6.2.0a with the following bugfixes:

- fixed errors popping up on Exit menu and SageMC options when "Show Errors" was enabled in Studio
- fixed timebar not showing up after pressing 'Info'
- fixed current time in timebar not updating

Mike was so kind and sent me a new weather bar layout, and I added it to this version:

The text can be disabled, and the size of the bar can be adjusted (both in SageMC settings)

Dirk
Old 10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
No, I have been using sagemc with transparent background. I don't think it looked bad, I liked it.
Ok, was easy enough to put back, just re-download 6.2.0a (it now also works with 'IfActive')

Dirk
Old 10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, was easy enough to put back, just re-download 6.2.0a (it now also works with 'IfActive')

Dirk
Dirk,
Thanks for your help. Now that's what I call service.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weather Bar Rocks!!

Mike and Dirk,

Thanks so much for the quick work!! The weather bar is great!! You guys are amazing at how quickly you respond to the community. Having been part of the myHTPC, Meedio, TheaterTek and AVSForum communities, I am impressed with how well this one works together. Again, thanks.

Now, does anyone have a tip on how to make my channel logos backgrounds become transparent again......

Steve

Last edited by scm; 10-24-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Just installed this new version, and all I get now is a black screen of death...any hints on this one?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Just installed this new version, and all I get now is a black screen of death...any hints on this one?
Very weird. Had to manually modify the STV in the properties file, then use the default STV to load SageMC_169.xml, and now all is well...

Is it the 31st of October yet or something???

Anyway, love the new weather bar. Very cool.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Your paths to offline and online videos are different, right ?

Dirk
Dirk--this is in relation to having the icons set to show offline/online videos.. I have my offline folder set as an import, then a seperate DVD folder set as an import. All the movies are showing correctly but they ALL have the icons (and BTW--is the icon supposed to show the video is online or offline?). So my offline videos show the little green icon as well as my online videos. Both have seperate folders but both are set as import folders. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having an issue starting SageTV after installing the 6.2.0a version of SageMC.

If I try to start in fullscreen, it opens up just a black screen. I can hear the cursor moving around in the background over items, but as soon as I pick any menu, it freezes, and I have to ctrl-alt-del and kill the process. The debug log shows "AWTThread Hang Detected".

Starting in a window loads as normal, and I am able to switch to fullscreen and run fine.

Another issue I'm encountering is after reaching the end of a recorded show, I receive the dialog that asks what I want to do with the file. Upon hitting Stop to go back to the main screen, SageTV freezes with the same AWTThread Hang in the debug file.

Help!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Dirk--this is in relation to having the icons set to show offline/online videos.. I have my offline folder set as an import, then a seperate DVD folder set as an import. All the movies are showing correctly but they ALL have the icons (and BTW--is the icon supposed to show the video is online or offline?). So my offline videos show the little green icon as well as my online videos. Both have seperate folders but both are set as import folders. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc
There is a separate yellow DVD icon for offline videos. I'm not sure, but your issue could have to do with having your offline folder set as an import. I think there is a separate place to specify your offline folder in the SageMC Options menu. I don't have any offline videos set up at the moment, so I'm not sure how that all works. Sorry I can't offer more help.

Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Sage Icon

I wish there was a way to have a DVD icon like the offline one, for DVD rips, so its more obvious from the folder view which movies are DVD and which are HD. Guess that is probably beyond the realm of possibilities right? Maybe there could be an option to assign the HD or DVD icon added, much like the custom genre stuff was added?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dumb Weather Bar Question

I know I'm missing something simple....

Several times when I return to the home page, the weather bar is highlighted. If I select it, it takes me to the weather page, which is great. But I can't figure out how to intentionally navigate to the weather bar. What am I missing??
Old 10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I wish there was a way to have a DVD icon like the offline one, for DVD rips, so its more obvious from the folder view which movies are DVD and which are HD. Guess that is probably beyond the realm of possibilities right? Maybe there could be an option to assign the HD or DVD icon added, much like the custom genre stuff was added?
Not sure what you mean...

In my system, when I rip a DVD to the HD, the icon that shows up, is the online icon (which is a hard drive), when the DVD's are offline, the icon shows a DVD icon.

From what you said, that would mean that all ripped DVD's would have the offline icon (DVD icon), and all offline DVD's would have the same icon. That doesn't make since to me.

Are you talking about 3 types of possible situations here, because you have 2 situations already covered...
Old 10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I know I'm missing something simple....

Several times when I return to the home page, the weather bar is highlighted. If I select it, it takes me to the weather page, which is great. But I can't figure out how to intentionally navigate to the weather bar. What am I missing??
Press the right arrow key when on a menu item other than My TV. That should highlight the weather bar.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Thanks,
Juc
So you get the same icon no matter what the video is (offline or online)?

I'll take a look when I get home, and let you know how I have all mine setup. I think there is a trick to get it right...

Last edited by geogecko; 10-24-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Press the right arrow key when on a menu item other than My TV. That should highlight the weather bar.

Aloha,
Mike
Freaggin' easter eggs...I missed that one.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Not sure what you mean...

In my system, when I rip a DVD to the HD, the icon that shows up, is the online icon (which is a hard drive), when the DVD's are offline, the icon shows a DVD icon.

From what you said, that would mean that all ripped DVD's would have the offline icon (DVD icon), and all offline DVD's would have the same icon. That doesn't make since to me.

Are you talking about 3 types of possible situations here, because you have 2 situations already covered...
I think Kirby is requesting another icon to indicate that the video had been ripped from a DVD. It might be just as effective to add the HD icon for videos that came from HD sources. Then you would know everything else is SD. The way I read Kirby's request, separating HD from SD content seems to be the main intent. Please let me know if I'm wrong here.

Aloha,
Mike