SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hmm, never heard this before, and it works fine for me ... Is this just a problem with the remote, or does the same also happen with the cursor keys on the keyboard ? Which Sage commands do you have mapped to your remote control keypad ?

Dirk
I'll try to get some screenshots tonight, didn't have time last night. I'm currently using a MCE2005 remote with the arrow keys mapped from there to the arrows in Sage via girder. Works great with v6.12, but the .13a the browse screen looks a little different, and the arrow keys on the remote don't function correctly. I know mouse input works ok, but haven't tested keyboard input, which I'll try to take care of tonight.

The only other thing I can think of is, I'm using one of the Java 6 nightlies, but I installed that a couple weeks before this problem started.

At any rate, you can definitely tell a difference between the old browse box on the older version, and the one on the 6.13a version...

*EDIT* I attached pics of each selector. The old one is actually from around 6.10 or so, don't have a newer version on that machine. It was the same selector until I installed the 6.0.11 & 6.13a combo. I'll try the 6.13a non-6.0 specific and see if it's the same old, or new version.

*EDIT 2* I tested it with the regular 6.13a (non 6.0), and had the same effect as the one for 6.0. It's almost like it's using the same selector that Sage uses when you try to set up a video import directory, but the keys don't move correctly (and I believe it's doing the same thing with the arrow keys, but mouse navigation works fine). It also does the same thing with the Retro STV based off of this version. If I go back to any of the older versions of the STV, the selector box works fine there. Might try to go in and see if it's linked to a different selector, and if so fix it in Studio.

**EDIT 3** Looks like in the older version, a file selector called "CenteredFileBrowser", where the 6.13a is using "RightSideFileBrowser". Takes too long to edit via VNC from work, so I'll see if I can change it when I get home. Never tried to mess with stuff like that before, so anybody have an easy way to change between the 2?
Attached Images
File Type: png old-selector.png (64.3 KB, 407 views)
File Type: png new-selector.png (48.2 KB, 417 views)

Last edited by heffe2001; 10-20-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
**EDIT 3** Looks like in the older version, a file selector called "CenteredFileBrowser", where the 6.13a is using "RightSideFileBrowser". Takes too long to edit via VNC from work, so I'll see if I can change it when I get home. Never tried to mess with stuff like that before, so anybody have an easy way to change between the 2?
In poking around, it looks like the old STV used the file browser code from StorageDeviceAdded/"Code to handle Media File Browser" and the new STV uses the code from SageMC Options/Paths. Was this an intentional change, or a by-product of maybe a 6.0 conversion?

I'll have to check (again when I get home), if the add video path selector box works from options with the remote, but I'd rather switch back to the older way of handling the selector. Tried playing with it a bit at work, but didn't get very far .
Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi
Ok, i want to give thanks the the auto of SageMC... I seem to recall the first time i used it back when i first started it was missing ALOT of functions and just didn't like it. Tested it last night and i have to say, boy have SageMC v6.13a grown. I have two (2) questions though

1) How do i make my movie dirs show up like this
I have tried putting the *.jpg/png into the actual folders and into the ./GenreIcon dir and no go. I have even moved in and out the dirs and rescanned and still no go. The movies display their icons just fine, but at the root level like above i can not get the GENRE pictures to show.
Here is how mine looks

2) When watching recorded show/tv/movies, how do i make these transparent?
Thats all for now.
1.) The genre icons should be in .../SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/GenreIcons/
If you are just using the icons that came with SageMC, then make sure that the option for fullsize genre icons is turned off in Settings > Detailed Setup > Advanced > SageMC Options. The default install does not come with any of the fullsize icons, so if selected, I think only the folders will show up.

2.) The OSD will only be transparent when using VMR9 as your video renderer.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Nevermind. I guess this topic has been picked up in a new thread.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-20-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Changing the link from RightSide to CenteredFileBrowser, brings up the old selector box, but you can't select any of the drives to drill down to the file your looking for. I have a good feeling that this change will be above my meager STV skills .
Old 10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Now that I have offline video icons enabled I notice that all my videos (offline or online) are showing the icon. Any idea what might be causing this?
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-20-2006, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
I'll have to check (again when I get home), if the add video path selector box works from options with the remote, but I'd rather switch back to the older way of handling the selector. Tried playing with it a bit at work, but didn't get very far .
I can reproduce it here now too.
I'll try to get this into the next version which will be released soon ...

Dirk
Old 10-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Shifting the menu down

I'm running 6.13a.
I have 8 items on the main menu.
The top item overlaps with my recording icon a little bit.
How can I shift the menu down a bit?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC v6.2.0

I uploaded version 6.2.0 which can be downloaded here. It is mainly a maintenance release which contains bugfixes and a few new features, but no major SagetTV6.0 beta functionality. Beginning with this release new versions of SageMC will only work with SageTV 6.0. The latest version for SageTV 5.x (6.13a) will remain available in the download section, I created a new download package for this new 6.0 branch.

Bugfixes:

- video preview on 10-day forecast
- compatibility with auto-aspect plugin
- view by artist includes composer tag
- empty watched history
- missing auto-comskip for library files
- delete show did not delete
- OSD in DVD took up whole screen
- watched bars for recent recordings did not use property setting
- file selector box issue
- numeric input in non-NTE mode not working
- currently airing shows not shown in "Other Airings"

Added functionality:

- added options dialog for "Sort By Artist' to include Artist, Album Artist, and Composer
- added "Back to Google" button in OSD
- delete skips Program Info menu on back
- auto-generation of genre icons searches now all episodes for an existing icon
- Google Search Dialog now using SageMC theme
- added all/upcoming filter for search results
- added options menu for rotating pictures (new 6.0 functionality)
- delete pictures
- added two more custom main menus
- added default STV delete dialog (configurable in SageMC settings)
- added configuration for wrapped Date/Time display
- added weather bar in Main Menu (thanks to Mike !)
- ripped out old dynamic menus code and updated to nielm's latest 5.3 version

Installation:

- shut down Sage
- unzip *all* JAR files and SageMC_169.xml
- (important): delete the folder net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu from your Sage directory, otherwise the new dynamic menus will not work
- restart Sage

Enjoy,

Dirk
Old 10-21-2006, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Nice work, I love the little weather in the corner of the screen!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-21-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I like the Weather in the main screen as well. I finally upgraded to the beta.. so far so good.

ANy way we can change the font size on the Main Screen weather data? It seems a little small on my HD tv

Thanks

Technazz
Old 10-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Sage Expert

Hi Dirk,

Looks like both my requests made it into this release, thank you!

I haven't upgraded to version 6 yet (since I try to avoid beta versions), so I'll have to wait to take advantage of the new SageMC.

Thanks again.

-Peter
Old 10-22-2006, 02:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any chance of a 13b to fix the .ts + .edl problem? Or have I missed a fix earlier in the thread?

I re-installed 13a tonight, and made darn sure I didn't have that errant .zip in the JAR directory... still no joy on commercial skipping: the status bar doesn't show the commercial markers when I am viewing a .ts recording. Older recordings that I made in .mpg work fine. (I only record OTA, on a Fusion5 card.)

BTW, I find recording in .ts more convenient. If I get a mangled datastream which produces a file that I can't ffw/rew, the free tool that fixes this condition only works on transport streams. Recording in .ts eliminates the conversion to .mpg step... and I need to do this once or twice a week.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks.

The new ver fixed all the problems I had! Working great so far.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

Changing stop time of recording in process?

Yesterday I tried to set a football game to end 30 minutes after its scheduled end. This was after the game and recording had already started. The method I used was to go into the advanced record button, set it to stop 30 minutes after, and clicked on save. However the recording stopped at the old scheduled time. does this just not work? Its not related to 6.2, because I had it in 6.13a as well. Maybe its a beta issue? Its not something I do a lot of, so I am not really sure when it stopped working (if it ever did).
Old 10-22-2006, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I like the Weather in the main screen as well. I finally upgraded to the beta.. so far so good.

ANy way we can change the font size on the Main Screen weather data? It seems a little small on my HD tv

Thanks

Technazz
I have some thoughts for improving the weather display. Has anyone ever seen the weather display in the HDeeTV theme for meedio? It looks like this:

HDeeTV Screen Shot

I'm going to play with the layout a bit and see what I can come up with. Once I have something that I like, I'll send it over to Dirk for his approval and inclusion. I'll probably post a screenshot before I send it over to get some opinions.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the v6.2.0 update. Like the added functionality of the stacked time display, main-menu weather, and of course the added custom menus.

I did find one bug, If I am watching a recording, the TimeBar will show normally when FF or REW'ing. However, if I hit the Info button, I would get the top menu, but not the TimeBar. After that, the TimeBar will not appear during FF or REW. I can fix it by going to the Main Menu and then back out of it. Then the TimeBar will work until the next time I hit Info.

Also, one bit of functionality that would be nice to see is some way to see existing recordings of a series while in a show listing, but not in the recordings page. Sort of like in the default STV, if you go to future or past showings, there are folder links to current recordings and past or future recordings depending if you were in future or past recordings, if that makes sense. That way, if you are in the info page for a specific show, you don't have to navigate over to Recorded TV to see if you have that show already recorded.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I have some thoughts for improving the weather display. Has anyone ever seen the weather display in the HDeeTV theme for meedio? It looks like this:

HDeeTV Screen Shot

I'm going to play with the layout a bit and see what I can come up with. Once I have something that I like, I'll send it over to Dirk for his approval and inclusion. I'll probably post a screenshot before I send it over to get some opinions.

Aloha,
Mike
Well if you make it like in that pic, I'll pass.

I would rather see a removal of some info, and make others bigger. For instance, right now mine says "Rain Shower" along with the rain image. Redundant. Just use the graphic. Then you could just use a numeric display for the temp and humidity "43 F / 88%" in a nice font maybe? That would make it bigger and easier to read, yet still retain the same info.

And then, if at all possible, if you are in a severe weather alert, is there a way to put a red outline around the area, or blinking, or something? Does that functionality exist? I realize the info in the window is not constantly updated, but it would be neat if it could be done!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Well if you make it like in that pic, I'll pass.

I would rather see a removal of some info, and make others bigger. For instance, right now mine says "Rain Shower" along with the rain image. Redundant. Just use the graphic. Then you could just use a numeric display for the temp and humidity "43 F / 88%" in a nice font maybe? That would make it bigger and easier to read, yet still retain the same info.

And then, if at all possible, if you are in a severe weather alert, is there a way to put a red outline around the area, or blinking, or something? Does that functionality exist? I realize the info in the window is not constantly updated, but it would be neat if it could be done!
Good ideas, Kirby. I'll think abut your layout suggestion. Unfortunately I don't think severe weather alert info is available.

Mike
Old 10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Don't know if this is in the correct place, but since I use SageMC, I thought I'd ask. Should cover art for DVD Profiler data be generated automatically or do you have to import each movie? I have meta-data auto import set on. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I did find one bug, If I am watching a recording, the TimeBar will show normally when e]FF or REW'ing. However, if I hit the Info button, I would get the top menu, but not the TimeBar. After that, the TimeBar will not appear during FF or REW. I can fix it by going to the Main Menu and then back out of it. Then the TimeBar will work until the next time I hit Info.
Good catch, don't know how I missed that one ...

Quote:
Also, one bit of functionality that would be nice to see is some way to see existing recordings of a series while in a show listing, but not in the recordings page. Sort of like in the default STV, if you go to future or past showings, there are folder links to current recordings and past or future recordings depending if you were in future or past recordings, if that makes sense. That way, if you are in the info page for a specific show, you don't have to navigate over to Recorded TV to see if you have that show already recorded.
Yeah, I was already planning to add a filter to the 'Other Showings' page for "Future Airings / Past Airings / Recorded Airings". Would that cover what you want ?

Dirk
Closed Thread