SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Sage Icon

Just wondering if sagemc supports v6 DVD playback accross the MVP? Enabling you to use all the menus and everything else?
thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Music area

Just wondering if anyone is working on the music area?

I would really like to see the music area looking like the video area.
I mean you could be in folder view and have the album art displayed, click on it and get a listing of songs on the CD along with another image, some bio on the band.. etc etc..
It seems like the video area and with a some modification could be modified to handle music rather than video files and possibly no to hard to get it dialed in...

I am in the process of adding tags to all my FLAC files and would like to make use of them... and also how to use the album art I am accumulating...

JD
Old 10-17-2006, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

There are actually two music menu's in SageMC, and it sounds like the 2nd one is the one you're looking for. Right click in the main menu and enable "My Music files" and give that a shot.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

Ya-i've been using the My Music Files since v6 because the tagging messed up alot of my stuff. Hopefully the new code will make it into this version sometime along the way.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-17-2006, 08:09 AM

help with comskip

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post so if it's not just let me know.

But my problem is, SageMC i just started using Showanalyzer for the first time to skip the commericals, but MC does not seem to be reading the txt files. It seems like SA is working fine it produces the txt files and I also used it to make .vprj files and tested it with videoredo and it worked great. I searched around looking to see if there was some sort of settings I need to set but I could not find any posted in the forums.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Album Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
There are actually two music menu's in SageMC, and it sounds like the 2nd one is the one you're looking for. Right click in the main menu and enable "My Music files" and give that a shot.
OK - I'll check that out when I get home....

BTW - Where do you put the album art (jpegs) or where do you specify where its at?

And, how do you name them as there are 10 files differently named for each album? This probably has something to do with how the files are named..

Something like: Artist, Album, Song....
for example: Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick - Songname

Or.... inquiring minds want to know....
JD
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Something like: Artist, Album, Song....
for example: Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick - Songname
JD, put a 'folder.jpg' into 'Thick As A Brick' ...

Dirk
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan1
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post so if it's not just let me know.

But my problem is, SageMC i just started using Showanalyzer for the first time to skip the commericals, but MC does not seem to be reading the txt files. It seems like SA is working fine it produces the txt files and I also used it to make .vprj files and tested it with videoredo and it worked great. I searched around looking to see if there was some sort of settings I need to set but I could not find any posted in the forums.

Thanks for any help.
Are you using a client that's on a different computer than the server? If so then you need to set up your client so that it can reach the comskip files using the same path as the server. Otherwise when the client goes to get the comskip file it won't exist.

i.e. if you recording drive is H:\SageRecordings\ on the server then you'd have to map the servers H: to the clients H:.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you using a client that's on a different computer than the server? If so then you need to set up your client so that it can reach the comskip files using the same path as the server. Otherwise when the client goes to get the comskip file it won't exist.

i.e. if you recording drive is H:\SageRecordings\ on the server then you'd have to map the servers H: to the clients H:.
Or just use UNC pathnames in server and client. i.e.:
\\SageServer\Recordings\
Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
JD, put a 'folder.jpg' into 'Thick As A Brick' ...

Dirk
So pretty much any jpeg I put in this folder will show as albumart for anything in the folder...correct?

(also, I didn't have my files in individual album folders but will do that if needed)

Thanks
JD
Old 10-17-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:

No, i'm not using a client and thanks for the help.

Not sure what the problem was but I just uninstalled and reinstalled and now it's working like a champ.

Thanks

Last edited by mryan1; 10-17-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So pretty much any jpeg I put in this folder will show as albumart for anything in the folder...correct?
Yep, that should be correct

Dirk
Old 10-17-2006, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
Flachbar - not sure if you saw this?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20628

If you did and it's something specific to my rig you can't help with, apologies.
Hi Mahoney,

yeah I saw it, but I wouldn't know what to tell you ... I don't use standby mode on my box, and haven't heard about this problem before. Did you try to use the default STV for a while and see if it happens there also ? And which Java runtime are you using ?

Dirk
Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Is it back-to-back on the SAME channel?

Sage will not remove padding from back-to-back recordings on different channels, only on the same channel, so you will get conflicts if this is what is happening.

I have to double check sometimes, but I always find that it's between channels...
Yea- I have the problem on the same channel back to back recordings.

Thanks for the help, Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

No cover art

Quote:
Yep, that should be correct

Dirk
Mmmm...

OK, I have my music directories as:

j:\flac\stones greatest hits
j:\flac\blah blah blah
j:\flac\yada yada yada

I put the coverart for each directory into each directory and renamed the coverart to 'folder.jpg'

When in MC using the My Music menus I just get a graphic saying No Cover Image.....

Where did I go wrong??
JD
Old 10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC 6.13a on MVP H2

Ever since I upgraded to SageMC 6.13a, I've had a problem with my MVP powering-up from a warm power-down to a black / blank screen.

Once powered-on to the black / blank screen, the MVP locks up and I have to power-cycle it.

This never happens on a full boot, and only seems to have started since I upgraded to 6.13a. It happens about 10% of the time upon powering on the MVP from a previous soft power-off.

Has anybody else experienced such a problem using 6.13a?
I've also downgraded to Java 1.4, which has fixed my stuttering problems, so that may be a cause too...

-Dan
Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mmmm...

OK, I have my music directories as:

j:\flac\stones greatest hits
j:\flac\blah blah blah
j:\flac\yada yada yada

I put the coverart for each directory into each directory and renamed the coverart to 'folder.jpg'

When in MC using the My Music menus I just get a graphic saying No Cover Image.....

Where did I go wrong??
JD
JD, did you rescan your music folders ? Sage will only see and import the cover art if it present at the time of the import ...

Dirk
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Arrgg

Quote:
JD, did you rescan your music folders ? Sage will only see and import the cover art if it present at the time of the import ...

Dirk
Got it going....dunno...must be tired or something.......not me...the machine....err..umm

Also, I just loaded up the newest Sage Beta and added back all my plugins but I have a question about the MC16x9...

Do I need to reinstall from scratch (using the installer) and work my way back up to MC6.13a, or can I just load in the sageMCbeta60 (or whatever it was called) and go from there without messing with all the prior stuff......

(After upgrading I reverted back to first Sage beta release as things started getting sketchy...when I would choose a song from My Music it would display a yellow bar at top of screen without OSD with options to Play etc.... but when pressing enter it would start playing song.... yikes...

I'll save that install for a rainy day
JD

Last edited by JDizzy; 10-17-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have been trying to troubleshoot 2 different issues:

1. I can't get the diskbar to appear. I am using 6.0 beta, and SageMC 6.13a beta version. I have the newest sagemc.jar in the JAR directory. Java version 1.4. I have tried enabling the diskbar as well as disabling it, and hitting the option button on the main screen -- no diskbar either way.

2. The Custom1, Custom2, and Custom3 menu items configured via the SageMC 16x9 options page will not take any values in their "Menu Screen" box. I am trying to get the Google Video screen to work with any of the Custom buttons. For instance, I can make the "Custom1 Menu Name" Google Videos, however, after scrolling though all the options in the "Custom1 Menu Screen" list and choosing one, nothing happens. I have tried many different internal menu screens, and none of them show up after being selected, and the button created on my main page does nothing.

Any ideas on what my issue is?

Thanks,
Carl
Old 10-18-2006, 05:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Do I need to reinstall from scratch (using the installer) and work my way back up to MC6.13a, or can I just load in the sageMCbeta60 (or whatever it was called) and go from there without messing with all the prior stuff......
As long as all the files from the initial install are still there, it is totally sufficient to just load the newest STV and then import all the customizations (you might want to have a look at my importer plugin to simplify this process)

Dirk
Closed Thread