SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Removing Imported Media Entries

I'm pretty sure this issue has been brought up before in the forums, but I couldn't find the old thread. I was hoping someone might have had some luck with this problem since the last time it was brought up.

I moved my Sage server from one computer to another. I had a my music directory added as an import directory on the first computer, but it didn't exist on the second. Removing the directory as an imported directory in Sage did not remove the entries in the media center portion of sage. As such, I have a bunch of junk entries that throw an error if I try to access those songs.

For the life of me, I can't figure out a [good] way to get rid of these entries. Of course I tried removing the directory from the imported folders in Sage, but that didn't work. I actually moved the contents of the music directory on to my new server, and then tried adding and removing the directory, but that still didn't work. I tried adding the music folder as an imported directory, then deleting all the mp3 files, keeping the directory structure intact, but that didn't work either.

Each time I would click the "refresh imported media" button to try to get it to detect they weren't there. Does that actually do anything?

The only luck that I've had was using neil's webserver to manually delete the files. But, I would hate to do this on each and every file. Has anyone had any luck removing any of the imported media entries?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Try this.
Close Sage and stop the service if running the service.
edit the sage.properties file and set
make_all_mediafiles_local=true
it is a one time flag that will revert to false after starting Sage again. Then try refreshing the library again.
Maybe it'll work. I think that is how I did it way back when.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

That did the trick! Thanks! These forums are great.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

no prob
Old 05-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

I wanted to try this but when opening the sage.properties file I saw that the make_all_mediafiles_local= was already set to "true".

I have about 6 Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 and PCI II FM Encoder entries in my song title list and a whole bunch of double entries the have square blocks in place of the first and last characters of the song titles as well.

I tried setting it to false and then I tried setting it back to true again.
Nothing would get rid of the extra garbage I have.

I also tried to delete all my music import directories, move the music to another folder and import them again.

No Luck...

any other ideas?

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 05-22-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I wanted to try this but when opening the sage.properties file I saw that the make_all_mediafiles_local= was already set to "true".
This is strange because that property automatically gets set back to false after the service is started again. Only thing I can suggest is to stop the service. Edit the sage.properties file (make sure you are editing the right one and that you don't have remnants of an older Frey Technologies folder being used instead or something) Then start the service again.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
This is strange because that property automatically gets set back to false after the service is started again. Only thing I can suggest is to stop the service. Edit the sage.properties file (make sure you are editing the right one and that you don't have remnants of an older Frey Technologies folder being used instead or something) Then start the service again.
Hi Tox,

I am not running the Service and I know I am editing the proper file because I just decreased the Look Ahead property and it took.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Strange. Maybe double check that there are no strange spaces or small typos in there or better yet wipe out that line completely then paste it from here back in because as I understand it, setting that property to true is a one time flag that Sage sees upon startup then reverts to false so it shouldn't be listed as true for you. Or attach your props here.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Strange. Maybe double check that there are no strange spaces or small typos in there or better yet wipe out that line completely then paste it from here back in because as I understand it, setting that property to true is a one time flag that Sage sees upon startup then reverts to false so it shouldn't be listed as true for you. Or attach your props here.

Maybe it changed in 5.0 ? I just tried it here, and it does not reset after a new startup...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Administrator

BTW: that property was changed to always be true now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

I shutdown ALL of Sage (No service running) tried to set the flag to false, start Sage backup, the shut it down again and then a final Startup.
Then Shutdown and I set the flag to True again and restarted, Shutdown and restarted...

The Hauppauge entries are still in my Music Import folder:

1. Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 Encoder FM Radio
2. Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture FM Radio
3. Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 #2 Encoder FM Radio
4. Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 #2 Encoder FM Radio
5. Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 Encoder FM Radio
6. Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture FM Radio

I do not have any other import folders that have ANY music displayed. I tried searching for any files with hauppauge in it to see if I could track them down. I never used the radio capture features of these cards either.

I also still get a box in place of the first and last character and can't seem to find out why? What is everybody here using for their Tagging software?
Old 05-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Without editing the STV, there is no way to remove those FM radio entries from the song titles list; they just get included there since they aren't filtered out. If you _really_ want to filter them out, I can tell you want API call is needed to filter them out of that list.

I haven't been following the rest of this very closely... you've removed all your music lib import patsh & still have songs listed? Is that right? I'm wondering if they were from paths that SageTV can no longer access, so it can't determine that the files are no longer there.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Sage Icon

I removed the import paths to my Music folder and the Hauppauge entries were still there but the rest of my songs were gone.
Then I moved my music library to a different folder and imported that folder to see if the box characters would go away. They didn't....
The reason I would really like to get rid of the Hauppauge entries is that they are the first titles to display and when someone tries to play them it crashes Sage..... My kids have done this twice already on a Client, but I just finished my Basement and the family room will be housing the Sage Server and I do not want this to shutdown by accident.

Anybody have any reccomendations for Tagging program to use that might fix my box character issue?
Old 05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

I've been happily using Tag&Rename for several years. I guess you could fix your problem one album at a time by searching each album on the find on amazon feature then it pulls the tag info from there and writes new tags and album art etc.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Administrator

I used MP3 Tag Tools.

If you want to use Studio to filter out the FM radio entries in the song list, do the following:
  1. Look for this line below the MusicSongTitle menu widget (you can just use Ctrl+F to find it):
    AllSongs=FilterByBoolMethod(this, "IsMusicFile", true)

2. Add a new Action widget below that line & set it to:
    AllSongs=FilterByBoolMethod(this, "IsLibraryFile", true)

3. Move the If SortArtist widget to be a child of the Action widget you just added in step 2.

4. Reload that menu & the FM tuners should be gone.

At some point in the future, the FM radio entries won't be included in the song list any more, so you won't have to keep doing this type of edit.

- Andy
Old 05-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

MediaMonkey seems to be good too and the free version does what you would need.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Try this.
Close Sage and stop the service if running the service.
edit the sage.properties file and set
it is a one time flag that will revert to false after starting Sage again. Then try refreshing the library again.
Maybe it'll work. I think that is how I did it way back when.
I have video media in my import library folder and they all have double entries.
I did what is mentioned above here, and it did not help, I still
see extra entries in the media library.

Suggestions?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am having the same problem in my music library. I migrated from an old machine that had all my music on a drive that doesn't exist on the new machine. The new machine now shows all of those old entries in the old file path.

I even tried mounting an empty drive at the old location on the new machine hoping that a refresh would see that those files are gone but they just won't go away.

1300 tunes is too many to delete one at a time. There has to be a better way.

thanx -gary-
Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Administrator

You mean you mapped a drive letter? If you are using service mode, you'll have to temporarily run in non-service mode for SageTV to be able to see the mapped drive letters.

Then, if a refresh still doesn't do it, try recreating the music lib path & add it as a music import dir to see if it helps trying to have it import the music from an empty dir.

- Andy
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I plugged a couple of USB hard drives in until I got to the J drive where all of the files used to be. I even created an empty top-level directory structure. I don't use service mode. I didn't try to import this empty directory but will try tonight.

thanx -gary-