SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Generic show showing up as series

Hi,

When I used XMLTV data from the Radio Times I had The Daily Show set up as a series and I had no problems - it always recorded new shows and ignored repeats. Now I have changed guide data source to DigiGuide it always has the same episode ID (well, most of the time). I modified the show rule so it is now generic (record all instances) and I still get an EP show ID rather than a SH one, so Sage isn't recording every show.

I thought that maybe getting rid of the show history would help, after all old program data from the Radio Times is unlikely to match the DigiGuide stuff. I renamed the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\GuideData directory and the importer has created a new one, but the show still has an EP show ID (I use the web interface to allow forced guide updates and I checked that the new data import completed).

Am I missing something? I am happy to create logs and mail them if you tell me how.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
I modified the show rule so it is now generic (record all instances) and I still get an EP show ID rather than a SH one, so Sage isn't recording every show.
If the rule works, the EPG should be updated immediately, you don't have to empty the GuideData folder.

I would recreate a rule completely. If it still doesn't work send me all the content of your config & log folder as well as your XMLTV file zipped to lmgestion@hotmail.com

Regards,
Stéphane
Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
If the rule works, the EPG should be updated immediately, you don't have to empty the GuideData folder.

I would recreate a rule completely.
Recreating the rule seemed to get it. Last night I deleted all my existing rules and recreated them - some other shows seemed to be having problems.

On the subject of adding rules, what do you think about the option of all shows that have episode titles / numbers being automatically added as a series, then fall back to the description + rules for everything else?

If I had the time I would have an experiment coming on I think! I am not sure if scripting changes to the importer config to try an idea out would be a good idea though! I may get into trouble if I break the TV :-)
Old 12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
shows that have episode titles / numbers being automatically added as a series, then fall back to the description + rules for everything else?
This is already the case.

* Shows with ep.title or ep.numbers do get a "EP" prefix
* Shows with a "Series" category do get a "EP" prefix
* Shows without ep.title or ep.numbers use the description to create the EPGID (except for shows with a "Movie" category) and get a "SH" prefix
Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is already the case.

* Shows with ep.title or ep.numbers do get a "EP" prefix
* Shows with a "Series" category do get a "EP" prefix
* Shows without ep.title or ep.numbers use the description to create the EPGID (except for shows with a "Movie" category) and get a "SH" prefix
:-)

I had been using the radio times data for so long I hadn't noticed! Hooray for DigiGuide!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I may have found a bug.

I am using vista64. when I try and get my channel lineup by importing the sage frequencies I get an error and the application closes.

Looking at the stack trace it appears that this action defaults to using the program files\sagetv\sagetv path rather than the program files(x86)\sageTv\sageTv path (which is the one in the settings file).

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Matt,
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm View Post
Looking at the stack trace it appears that this action defaults to using the program files\sagetv\sagetv path rather than the program files(x86)\sageTv\sageTv path (which is the one in the settings file).
You can uninstall the Importer and reinstall it, during setup you can specify where SageTV is installed (you have to uninstall / reinstall, so as setup can copy files where it needs to).

You can also send me your log files at lmgestion@hotmail.com.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have already done this and rest of the program works.

It is just this one feature that does not. I will send the logs when I get home; it was from them that I got the stack trace about the path being incorrect. It is a great tool by the way; I will be donating once I have got everything in sage up and running!

Matt
Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 PM

After some minor issues I'm back to some more serious problems.

Despite having, as far as I can tell, an up to date epg xml file, there is no data in the sage epg after running the importer.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip epgsample.zip (31.1 KB, 2659 views)
File Type: zip trace_20081221.zip (7.4 KB, 229 views)
Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben View Post
Despite having, as far as I can tell, an up to date epg xml file, there is no data in the sage epg after running the importer.
When the Importer has finished its job, SageTV still needs to load the guide data. SageTV do this every 24h (after the first time you setup your videosource to use the XMLTV lineup) or immediately if you use the Web Server plugin (and set it up correctly in the Importer).

You can also force SageTV to reload the guide data: edit the video source, go to the channel list and disable / enable one channel. SageTV will reload the guide data.

You can also review the sage.plugin.log file (in the GuideData subfolder of the Importer Config & Log folder) to see if there is any error in there.

Otherwise the Importer log file is ok, guide data is uptodate till 02 Jan.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a problem like this too. The importer seems to be activating the grabber, as the xml file's last modification date is correct. However my guide shows no data. It seems to have stopped working when I upgraded to version 2.8.

If I do a manual import, it imports all the new programs, but then seems to stop after that, and the progress bar freezes abut 2 thirds of the way in. It never says it's deleting the old programes. Could this cause an issue? I'm just guessing really. I've left it for aa week to see if it sorted itself, and I've tried to download the latest donator version (If there is one), but I don't have the same e-mail address anymore and I've forgotten my login details. Doh!
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 01-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
I've tried to download the latest donator version (If there is one), but I don't have the same e-mail address anymore and I've forgotten my login details. Doh!
Send me an e-mail through my web site with your name and old e-mail address, and I'll update your profile, so that you'll be able to download the new version (meanwhile you can install the non donator version)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sent
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I started from scratch using the latest version. Not only is everything now working, but I love this option to do it all from an imported frq file.
Superb, cheers Stephane
Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Sage Expert

Stephane, just wondering if you could add a feature to further customise how season/episode number are displayed in the episode name field? I believe we can currently change the text and position but as it takes up so much space, I started to wonder if any of the following would work better:

S1EP1
S01EP01
S1/EP1
(01x01)
[01x01]
Episode 1.1

Also, I believe there was a discussion on the forum previously about +1 channel recordings being processed before the regular channel which messed up the first run/re-run data. Did this get resolved? Is it not possible to process the EPG in start time order to get round this?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
Also, I believe there was a discussion on the forum previously about +1 channel recordings being processed before the regular channel which messed up the first run/re-run data. Did this get resolved? Is it not possible to process the EPG in start time order to get round this?
Hey Mark, I think the +1 shouldn't normally be an issue, as the +1s don't normally flag as repeats of the normal channel. The main problem is when (say) the QI repeat on a Tuesday is flagged as a repeat of the Friday, but actually appears in the data a day before the Friday program appears - just happens because the data isn't always finalised when it comes through, or you can have TBAs on some slots. Importer sees it as a repeat it doesn't know about, assigns a first airing date a month before, the following day the Friday program comes through in the data, importer says "that was on nearly a month ago" (not really) and flags it as a repeat.

The only way around it is to remove repeat data from the XML file before processing it (unless Stephane wants to keep a "fake first airing" flag against a program along with the first repeat, and update the first airing date if a subsequent non-repeat is processed which airs before the repeat but after the fake first airing).

I have a headache.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
further customise how season/episode number are displayed in the episode name field.../...we can currently change the text and position
The only problem with further customization would be the complexity for most users. It would be ok if ep. always had a season, episode an part number (a simple string with placeholder would do the trick). The only trick I can see is if you choose "S" for season, "E" for episode is that the Importer can drop the formatting space it would normally put between the prefix and the number...

Quote:
The epg is processed in start time order, but channel by channel. There is no way around this unfortunately. I'm still evaluating if researching other occurences of an episode is worth the increase in duration of the import (alot epsecially when you have many channels)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Importer and Windows 7

Has anyone got this working with Windows 7?
Yes I know Windows 7 isn't supported yet, just wondering if someone more cluey than me has got it working or knows what the error message means.

Or maybe there is another XML importer that works with Windows 7?

I get this error when trying to setup the Channel Lineup.

Unexpected error
XMLTV Importer for SageTV has experienced an unexpected error (Failed object initialization (ISupportInitialize.EndInit). Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error at object 'Countries' in markup file 'XMLTV Importer for SageTV;component/tasks/lineup.xaml'.) and need to close,please contact our support team through our web site.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv55 View Post
Has anyone got this working with Windows 7?.../...Unexpected error
XMLTV Importer for SageTV has experienced an unexpected error (Failed object initialization (ISupportInitialize.EndInit).
Please, post the full log file you'll find in the Config & Log folder (you can open it from the Update Guide Data menu)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Please, post the full log file you'll find in the Config & Log folder (you can open it from the Update Guide Data menu)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Hi Stephane,
here is my log

20090301 14:21:27.016 - Info - Current System Language: en-US
20090301 14:21:27.016 - Info - Selected Language File: C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV\Lang\en-US.xml
20090301 14:21:27.079 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI started
20090301 14:21:35.371 - Error - Unexpected error : Failed object initialization (ISupportInitialize.EndInit). Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error at object 'Countries' in markup file 'XMLTV Importer for SageTV;component/tasks/lineup.xaml'.
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowExceptionWithLine(String message, Exception innerException)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ElementEndInit(Object& element)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementEndRecord(Boolean fromNestedBamlRecordReader)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElement(Int64 startPosition, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Object dictionaryKey)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.CreateObject(Int32 valuePosition, Object key)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.RealizeDeferContent(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValue(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.FetchResource(Object resourceKey, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.FindResourceInParserStack(Object resourceNameObject, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.FindResourceInParentChain(Object resourceNameObject, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference)
at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.ProvideValueInternal(IBamlReader bamlReader, Object targetObject, Object targetProperty, Boolean allowDeferredReference)
at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.ProvideValue(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ProvideValueFromMarkupExtension(MarkupExtension markupExtension, Object obj, Object member)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadOptimizedMarkupExtension(Object element, Int16 attributeId, PropertyDefinition propertyDefinition, Object value)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadPropertyWithExtensionRecord(BamlPropertyWithExtensionRecord bamlPropertyRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at LMGestion.XMLTVImporter.Tasks.Lineup.InitializeComponent()
at LMGestion.XMLTVImporter.Tasks.Lineup..ctor()
at LMGestion.XMLTVImporter.Tasks.Lineups.DisplayDialog(NextDialog dialog, XmltvLineup xmltvLineup)
at LMGestion.XMLTVImporter.Tasks.Lineups.addNewLineupLink_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.ContentElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.DispatchNavigation(Object sender)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.DoUserInitiatedNavigation(Object sender)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.ContentElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
20090301 14:21:35.373 - Error - Unexpected error : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.Windows.Data.ObjectDataProvider.InvokeMethodOnInstance(Exception& e)
at System.Windows.Data.ObjectDataProvider.QueryWorker(Object obj)
at System.Windows.Data.ObjectDataProvider.BeginQuery()
at System.Windows.Data.DataSourceProvider.EndDefer()
at System.Windows.Data.DataSourceProvider.EndInit()
at System.Windows.Data.DataSourceProvider.System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize.EndInit()
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ElementEndInit(Object& element)
20090301 14:21:35.375 - Error - Unexpected error : Region name '' is not supported.
Parameter name: name
at System.Globalization.RegionInfo..ctor(String name)
at LMGestion.XMLTVImporter.Xmltv.XmltvLineup.GetCountries()
20090301 14:21:38.568 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI closed