SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
After I manualy removed all <br> tags. There another problem.
This is another XML error, your XMLTV file is really not well formed and can't be parsed (from the error, it seems that there is a > character in a node name like this: <node>></node>)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightarrow View Post
This only happends for older recording that were recorded before i upgrade the guide data. Some recording change names after being recorded.
This is expected behavior if you:

* changed from another XMLTV Plugin to the XMLTV Importer
* completely uninstalled the XMLTV Importer or switched to a new PC without copying your old Importer settings
* in case of data corruption in the Importer settings

The Importer keep tracks of the EPGID used in a lookup.xml file (in the Config & Log folder). Each show gets a unique EPGID. If the EPGID for a show is changing for an EPGID used in previous guide data, it will override the old show using this EPGID with the information of the new one.

This shouldn't happen at all after each guide data update (this can happen after a few years of use, if you have very old shows still in your recordings)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Sage User

how do i remap?

How to remap the channels??
I have a hauppage pvr 250 and use mc2xml to get the epgdata and xmltv importer for sage tv.

i get all the epgdata in sagetv but the channels that i import after setting the lineup are wrong and some are missing.

After struggeling for a full day i managed to get all the correct channels in sagetv...i just had to use the channel line up from hauppage itself to get a full listing with all the correct channels.
Now i have: -13 -tv tuner hauppage wintv pvr pci II capture tv tuner
-14 -tv tuner hauppage wintv pvr pci II capture tv tuner
etc i just use (put a green dot before) the ones where i have a real channel and no snow:-)

Btw i upgraded to the latest wintv drivers.

I know that i have all the epg data, i can see the list in the cannel line up of the importer and i know these are correct, but how do i get them associated with the correct channel in sagetv?

Excemple in the channel lineup
- id: I2.751667.microsoft.com, name:2BE, call sign: 2BE, number: 2, Time off: 0, HD: empty, XMLTVDATA: 2BE (I2.751667.microsoft.com)

I know that it is 14 -tv tuner hauppage wintv pvr pci II capture tv tuner , but how do i link them together.

if i try to get the tunerdata from the xlmlisting itself, it misses some channels and even get wrong channels.

Any help would be appreciated
Kasper

edit, when i take the channel line up from the imported xml listing..some channels are correct and others are totale wrong...and even when i change them to another physical or logical number (the numer i see in your importer) it just wont work.
i get 17 - France2 [18] France 2 ...whn i view it i see that it is the correct channel but in your listing i see the number for france 2 must be 59 ...when i remap it in another physical or logical number, there is just snow??

I'm getting all grey hair now:-)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Okay, another little annoyance from me. I have a problem this week with the second part of a show appearing as a repeat of the first. First:
Code:
  <programme start="20081110210000 +0000" stop="20081110220000 +0000" channel="103">
    <title>The Commander</title>
    <sub-title>Abduction (Part 1 of 3)</sub-title>
    <desc>First of a three-part story in which Commander Clare Blake has to oversee the case of a woman bludgeoned to death in her own home. The shocking nature of the crime is compounded by the fact that the chief suspect is the woman&apos;s own son, DS Brian Hall, a member of Blake&apos;s own murder team. As the case unfolds, details of Hall&apos;s hidden life as a chronic alcoholic emerge. DCI Doug James has his own problem though. Friction between him and his expectant wife take a turn when the baby finally arrives, and the nightmare begins.</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Gillies MacKinnon</director>
      <actor>Amanda Burton</actor>
    </credits>
    <category>Drama</category>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">4.0.</episode-num>
    <subtitles type="teletext"></subtitles>
  </programme>
Second:
Code:
  <programme start="20081111210000 +0000" stop="20081111220000 +0000" channel="103">
    <sub-title>Abduction (Part 2 of 3)</sub-title>
    <desc>In the second of a three-part story, Clare Blake begins to feel the pressure of two high-profile yet deeply personal cases coinciding. The focus is now on the mothers at Zoe&apos;s maternity classes. And Brian still has no recollection of what happened on the night of his mother&apos;s murder. As he becomes resigned to the fact that he may have killed her, an incident in prison spurs him to remember a crucial development. But can he persuade an already deflated Doug that he is telling the truth?</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Amanda Burton</actor>
    </credits>
  </programme>
As you can see, different descriptions, different sub-title (parts), same ep number. This is how it shows in Digiguide, same ep number different parts. Can I stop the importer seeing them as the same episode?

Thanks!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperke View Post
I know that i have all the epg data, i can see the list in the cannel line up of the importer and i know these are correct, but how do i get them associated with the correct channel in sagetv?
In the Importer you have to type the physical channel number for each channel. That is the channel number SageTV use to tune the channel (for instance 13 and 14 in your example are physical channel numbers)

If you want to remap these channels to another number (the logical number), you have to do it from SageTV after having loaded a correct lineup (with correct physical numbers for each channel).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Okay, another little annoyance from me. I have a problem this week with the second part of a show appearing as a repeat of the first.../... Can I stop the importer seeing them as the same episode?
You can't, the ep.number has a higher priority (over the ep.title). The parts indication should have been in the ep.number and not in the ep.title
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Okay, so the:
should be different for each part (e.g. 4.1), or can the parts be added into this number?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, so the:
should be different for each part (e.g. 4.1), or can the parts be added into this number?
The parts should be added:

Part 1 of 3 is: 4.0.0/3
Old 11-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
The parts should be added:

Part 1 of 3 is: 4.0.0/3
Just to be clear, DG doesn't supply that in the data stream, only in the episode-name.

That's an issue. I'd sort it if they didn't also include the episode title in that. but they do.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Nick, unfortunately because of the previous problems I've had with DG2XML that we discussed, I'm currently using the Birtles grabber. I've written a post-processor for that to handle this situation, and as a result I've produced XML like this:
Code:
  <programme start="20081110210000 +0000" stop="20081110220000 +0000" channel="103">
    <sub-title>Abduction (Part 1 of 3)</sub-title>
    <desc>First of a three-part story in which Commander Clare Blake has to oversee the case of a woman bludgeoned to death in her own home. The shocking nature of the crime is compounded by the fact that the chief suspect is the woman&apos;s own son, DS Brian Hall, a member of Blake&apos;s own murder team. As the case unfolds, details of Hall&apos;s hidden life as a chronic alcoholic emerge. DCI Doug James has his own problem though. Friction between him and his expectant wife take a turn when the baby finally arrives, and the nightmare begins.</desc>
    <credits>
    </credits>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">4.0.0/2</episode-num>
  </programme>
I'm hoping 0/2 is correct for 1/3. Can someone confirm?

Edit: Nope, looks like Part Number is zero-based but not total, so part 1 of 3 is 0/3. Bizarre!

To complicate matters, the data for the third part is wrong on digiguide, with no ep number and a sub-title of "Abduction (Part 3 of 3)(Part 3 of 3)".
But bizarrely, both Part1 and Part2 in Sage are now showing as (Part 3 of 3). Maybe it will only work for new programmes....

Last edited by rickgillyon; 11-12-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
But bizarrely, both Part1 and Part2 in Sage are now showing as (Part 3 of 3). Maybe it will only work for new programmes....
It seems logical as all three of them where sharing the same ep.number before. Delete all the files in the GuidData subfolder of the Importer config and log folder to get rid of the history and import again.

Also if you can remove (Part X of Y) in the ep.title it would be better (SageTV will add it anyway).
Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

I did delete GuideData, and in fact only two shared the same ep number - but that's in the past, hopefully this will be better from now...

Will look at removing the "Part" stuff from the sub-title...tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying to set the importer to import an xmltv file downloaded from schedules direct and when I selct it, it just highlights the box red and doesn't allow me to continue.

What is the problem here?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
I am trying to set the importer to import an xmltv file downloaded from schedules direct and when I selct it, it just highlights the box red and doesn't allow me to continue.
If you let your mouse over the red field, the Importer will popup the error encountered with your XMLTV file (it's either because the XML is not well formed, or you are missing the DTD file)
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 PM

Io

Been running this for a while and it works excellent for xml tv here in sweden.
Thanks for a great product!

So just donated, do i have to reinstall the non-donation version to get (schedule) auto-list updates going? When can i access the donation version?

// Cheers

Last edited by Tobias; 11-24-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
So just donated, do i have to reinstall the non-donation version to get (schedule) auto-list updates going? When can i access the donation version?
You should have received an e-mail now with your account and a download link. Uninstall the standard version (keeping your settings) and install the donator edition.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Sage User

Hi Stephane

I was using an old, old version and just upgraded to the last one. But now I'm having problems with the generic rules, and the episodes are getting the same ep id. As fas as I understood it should receive an sh id, right? What could be wrong?

[]s Humberto

Last edited by hfsoares; 11-28-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfsoares View Post
As fas as I understood it should receive an sh id, right? What could be wrong?
Yes, if you create a rule for a show to be a generic, it should get a "SH" EPGID (it could be the same for all airing of the show).

I can't tell you exactly what's going on without knowing more. Send me the content of your Config & Log folder, as well as your XMLTV file zipped at lmgestion@hotmail.com

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Yes, if you create a rule for a show to be a generic, it should get a "SH" EPGID (it could be the same for all airing of the show).
Very strange. I was retracing my steps and I have set categories on this version. As soon as I deleteded the categories, the rules started to work again. Any clue? I think that I will leave the way it is now. I dont want to miss any more shows

[]s Humberto
Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfsoares View Post
As soon as I deleteded the categories, the rules started to work again. Any clue?
The categories can make a show a generic or a series, but the rules override them. So I can't say without more input.