SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just installed version 3.2 and I'm very impressed. One question though, with 2.8 I could add channels with no xmltv data and in sage they would appear with "no data" every 2 hours. How do i do this with 3.2? I have added some channels and they appear in the epg with data from another channel.

Whitey
Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Just installed version 3.2 and I'm very impressed. One question though, with 2.8 I could add channels with no xmltv data and in sage they would appear with "no data" every 2 hours. How do i do this with 3.2?
You create a channel without selecting XMLTV Data (the drop down field must be blank. If you ever select something you cannot unselect it, you'll have to delete the channel and add it back again).

I verified that indeed for such channels no programs are imported.

Actually the Import engine is exactly the same as 2.8 with some improvments for star ratings and one fix for episode with same title but different ep. numbers, so the biggest difference is the GUI.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Sage User

Hello,

I've tried installing your new version (3.3) and still got no improvements.
I still get a blue window when loading your app.
I've check the log install.log file and can't find an error beside this line:
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\00070DE8\STVXMLTVSetup.msi The file doesn't exist neither at this location nor at any other.

Anymore ideas ?

Regards,

Cortechs.

Content of the install.log file :
Code:
The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.2 {version}
Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Install' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5\1033'
Read integer value 1
Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5':
Property: [DotNet35InstallSuccess] = 1 {int}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' and value '1': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'.NET Framework 3.5' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
Using MsiInstallProduct with package path 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\00070DE8\STVXMLTVSetup.msi' and command line ''
MsiInstallProduct returned '0'
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage User

Hello,

Ok I found out the problem:

Your app. is looking for a fr-FR.xml language file but it doesn't exist.
The file provided by your installer is fr.xml.... hence the problem when the app is loading.

Here is the content of my gui_trace_20080818.log file :
Quote:
20080818 20:20:15.625 - Info - Current System Language: fr-FR
20080818 20:20:15.625 - Info - Selected Language File: C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV\Lang\fr-FR.xml
20080818 20:20:16.546 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI started
20080818 20:34:56.203 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI closed
20080818 20:37:10.812 - Info - Current System Language: fr-FR
20080818 20:37:10.828 - Info - Selected Language File: C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV\Lang\fr-FR.xml
20080818 20:37:10.984 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI started
20080818 20:37:38.906 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI closed
20080818 20:37:52.843 - Info - Current System Language: fr-FR
20080818 20:37:52.843 - Info - Selected Language File: C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV\Lang\fr-FR.xml
20080818 20:37:52.953 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI started
and after I changed the fr.xml to fr-FR.xml :
Quote:
20080818 20:44:50.671 - Info - Current System Language: fr-FR
20080818 20:44:50.671 - Info - Selected Language File: C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV\Lang\fr-FR.xml
20080818 20:44:50.781 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI started
20080818 20:45:00.156 - Info - XMLTV Importer GUI closed
The app is loading nicely now even though I had to backup the STVXMLTVSetup.msi folder before the end of the install because the msi saw the missing fr.xml file while starting.
So, it recreated the fr.xml file but still find the (renamed) fr-FR.xml file.

Everything is now OK.

Regards,

Cortechs.
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network
Old 08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortechs View Post
Your app. is looking for a fr-FR.xml language file but it doesn't exist.
I will fix this, because it should have loaded the fr.xml file...
Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Stephane,

I'm trying out your trial of the Sage EPG plugin, but am experiencing some strange behavior. I have three different EPG's I'm using in Sage:
- Local Cable service (direct through sage)
- Local Satellite Service (direct through sage)
- Local OTA service (direct through sage)
- XML source (using this XML EPG plugin)

So, everything's worked great until adding the XML plugin. Since adding it, however, after it processes the XML file and imports it, everything looks good for a few hours.... then all of a sudden, all of the channels in my Local Satellite Service lineup are gone - completely wiped out. If I go to edit the source, there are no channels listed anymore. I have to disable the XMLtv plugin, add back in the source and re-select the channels I receive.

I thought this was a fluke, so I fixed everything and then added the XMLtv plug in back, and the same thing happened a few hours later again. It's always the satellite channels that totally disappear.

Do you have any thoughts on this? Would you like to see any specifics from my Sage or EPG plugin configs?

I'd gladly provide a donation for this product once it stops eating my channels

Thanks!!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
I have three different EPG's I'm using in Sage:
- Local Cable service (direct through sage)
- Local Satellite Service (direct through sage)
- Local OTA service (direct through sage)
- XML source (using this XML EPG plugin)
You shouldn't use both SageTV guide data and XMLTV guide data: if you have show that are both aired on SageTV lineups and XMLTV lineups, the show IDs will not be the same and so long for the "watched" status in SageTV. So you should use XMLTV for all your lineups (that is creating 4 lineups in the Importer)

Though, if you really want to mix SageTV data and XMLTV you have to change the line that disable the XMLTV plugin from "false" to "true" like this:

epg_data_sources/XXXXXX/disable_plugin=true

in the sage.properties file. You must change this line just after having set up the XMLTV Importer.

So you have to do this:

1) Shut down SageTV
2) Uninstall the Importer
3) Open the sage.properties file and remove the line : epg/epg_import_plugin=xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin
4) Sart SageTV, configure your SageTV native guide data
5) Shut down SageTV
6) Install the Importer
7) Open the sage.properties file and change the disable plug from false to true
8) Restart SageTV and configure the last source for XMLTV

Note: once you installed the XMLTV plugin, it becomes the master. That is you cannot add/change SageTV guide data lineup, you can only load XMLTV lineup. The "disable_plugin" property allow SageTV to not use the XMLTV plugin to download the guide data but instead to use SageTV native guide data.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

ahhhh.. I'll give that a try. I do realize the potential issues of having XMLTV and Sage data coming from two separate sources... I'll deal with that if this method doesn't seem to work too well.. heheh..

Thanks.. I'll try this out tomorrow
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 08-22-2008, 04:20 AM

Error Installing XML Importer for Sage

Hi

Trying to install XML Imported on a Clean installof SageTV.

Every time during the Channel Lineups I click on Add Lineup the following is thrown -

at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ElementEndInit(Object& element)
20080822 21:57:41.007 - Error - Unexpected error : Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name.
at System.Globalization.RegionInfo..ctor(Int32 culture)
at LMGestion.XMLTVImporter.Xmltv.XmltvLineup.GetCountries()

I cant get past this - tried 3 different xml files and also without an xml file.

Help.... Maybe it is cause I am in New Zealand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (73.0 KB, 329 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt gui_trace_20080822log.txt (32.3 KB, 527 views)
Old 08-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcyberelf View Post
Every time during the Channel Lineups I click on Add Lineup the following is thrown .../... Unexpected error : Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name.
This error is thrown because you have created a custom culture and I have not filtered them for building the coutries list. Send me an e-mail at lmgestion@hotmail.com and I'll send you a test build that should fix this issue.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Sage User

hi,

i've upgraded to the latest version of your importer but when i try to run 'xmltv importer for sagetv.exe' i instantly get a popup saying -
Quote:
xmltv importer for sagetv has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the invonvenience.
i upgraded sagetv to 6.4.8 just before upgrading your importer.

any ideas?

thanks for your help,

colm

Last edited by crollorc; 08-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crollorc View Post
i've upgraded to the latest version of your importer but when i try to run 'xmltv importer for sagetv.exe' i instantly get a popup saying
Can you take a look at the Confi & Logs folder in C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer. You'll find a gui_xxxxxxx.log that should contain the exact error encountered by the Importer GUI (you can post it here or send it to me at lmgestion@hotmail.com)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage User

hi stéphane,

there is no file with that name in the directory you provided unfortunately.

in the event viewer the following event '.net runtime 2.0 error" coincides with the problem -
Quote:
EventType clr20r3, P1 xmltv importer for sagetv.exe, P2 3.3.3152.2429, P3 48a8c06a, P4 taskscheduler, P5 1.3.3093.26340, P6 485bb2b7, P7 4d, P8 6, P9 pszqoadhx1u5zahbhohghldgiy4qixhx, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
any ideas?

colm
Old 08-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
No Data for non broadcasting channel

I've had this for a while but ignored it until now as I'm not sure if its an issue or just normal.
Anyway, when I look at my guide which has been imported with XMLTV Importer version 3.3 donators version using Digiguide as the source I get "No Data" for channels which aren't broadcasting at that particular time. When I look at the actual Digiguide GUI I can see that it shows "Programmes start again at 6.30am" for the same time slot. The only channel that doesnt do this is Nuts TV.

Is this normal? or is their something missing from my importer?
Its not a problem but I thought it would look better to have "Programmes start again at 6.30am" rather than a "No Data" on the TV guide.

Many Thanks

Ben
Old 08-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Colm,
Quote:
Originally Posted by crollorc View Post
there is no file with that name in the directory you provided unfortunately.in the event viewer the following event '.net runtime 2.0 error" coincides with the problem. any ideas?
This means the error comes very early before reaching my own code.

At this point, I would uninstall the Importer completely and install it again.

If this doesn't work, send me an e-mail to lmgestion@hotmail.com and I'll send you a test build.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Ben,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I get "No Data" for channels which aren't broadcasting at that particular time. When I look at the actual Digiguide GUI I can see that it shows "Programmes start again at 6.30am" for the same time slot.
The Importer usually doesn't import programs with bogus air date/time (either because stop time is missing, or because stop time is before start time).

This may be the case here, and it should be listed in the Importer's log files.

Otherwise it should import it anyway.

If you want you can send me your XMLTV file zipped at lmgestion@hotmail.com and I'll have a look at it.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
If you want you can send me your XMLTV file zipped at lmgestion@hotmail.com and I'll have a look at it.
I've sent my xml file for you to take a look at

I have also noticed that I have age ratings and audio type information which shows up nicely within Sagemc's TV guide. I was wondering if I could attach an image to that data like HD programmes do. So if a film was rated 12A then an image would appear next to the other show icon images within the TV guide.

I know this is proberly the wrong place to post this but I thought I'd ask anyway as it does have something slightly to do with epg data

Cheers

Ben
Old 08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I've sent my xml file for you to take a look at
There is some "Program start at..." (19:00, 3:50, 1:50pm 5:00pm) in the XMLTV file and all were imported. But I cannot see in the XMLTV file "Programmes start again at 6:30". So all looks fine.

Quote:
I have also noticed that I have age ratings and audio type information which shows up nicely within Sagemc's TV guide. I was wondering if I could attach an image to that data like HD programmes do.
You have to ask if this feature is available in SageMC or not (I know you get an icon in the Web Guide, but in SageMC I don't think so)
Old 08-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
There is some "Program start at..." (19:00, 3:50, 1:50pm 5:00pm) in the XMLTV file and all were imported. But I cannot see in the XMLTV file "Programmes start again at 6:30". So all looks fine.

You have to ask if this feature is available in SageMC or not (I know you get an icon in the Web Guide, but in SageMC I don't think so)
Ok, thankyou for taking a look for me.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Duplicated EPG entries with the latest version

Hi Stephane,

I think there is an issue with the latest version of the importer, my kid let me notice it. It looks like several different shows are treated as the same show appearing in the EPG grid with the same description.

I checked the master guide xmltv file and they are ok. However after import there is no trace of most of them any more.

Since there is a limit in size for the attachments I have sent you the guide xmltv and the result of the import (GuideData folder) for your reference. If you have a look at channel FOX for instance (channel ID = 474) you will notice several different episodes of the Simpson. Once imported they appear as one single show whose id is MV0000240001. All instances of such shows inherit the same info, while in reality they are different in the source xmltv file.

For your records this is a brand new installation of the importer on a freshly installed system, the only thing I reused is obviously the wiz.bin I had in the former system.

Thanks for having a look.