SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Doesn't record all the shows

My XMLTV file is updated every day and contains 7 days data. If I set a show to record every episode in the rules by selecting “This program is generic” (feature introduced in V2.5), making the show as a favorite in Sage TV, setting “record first runs and re-runs”, re-running the XMLTV importer and forcing an update, none of the episodes get set to record unless I delete all the XMLTV Importer files in the Guidedata directory.

Any ideas?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Create a rule and set it as a generic show.

Thanks. Works good.

Too bad about France losing to the Scots!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
My XMLTV file is updated every day and contains 7 days data. If I set a show to record every episode in the rules by selecting “This program is generic” (feature introduced in V2.5), making the show as a favorite in Sage TV, setting “record first runs and re-runs”, re-running the XMLTV importer and forcing an update, none of the episodes get set to record unless I delete all the XMLTV Importer files in the Guidedata directory.
That seems a strange behavior. When you set a rule, it will be applied and the EPGID will be changed to have an "SH" prefix. As the EPGID change, the show will be added into the "GuideData" XML files and the previous imported data is not discarded. But the Importer should override the schedule of these shows. For instance :

* The previous show EPGID was EP01, the new one is SH01
* Both shows should be in the XML files
* But the schedule of the show with EPGID SH01 will override the one with EP01 (as it is a previously imported show)

When you can reproduce this issue, send me the content of your SageTV XMLTV Importer directory (with the GuideData folder not wiped out) and your XMLTV File zipped to lmgestion@hotmail.com and tell me what rules doesn't work.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:14 PM

I try to install the latest version of STVXMLTV importer on Vista64 Ultimate. All latest updates are installed.
For some reason, I cannot start the importer - I see no widnow, it's stuck/disappears... Reboots/reinstallations do not help.
Did someone have the same problem? What could be the solution?

Thanks!!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwr View Post
I try to install the latest version of STVXMLTV importer on Vista64 Ultimate.../...What could be the solution?
The Importer doesn't work on 64 bits OS. It will be fixed in the upcoming version (next week).

If you want to use it before next week. You can install the Importer on your 64bits PC, and install it also on a 32bits OS (even without SageTV). You can run the Importer on the 32bits OS, and copy all files of the "GuideData" directory from the 32bits OS to the 64 bits OS, then force an update in SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Re - Doesn't record all the shows

Quote:
Send me the content of your SageTV XMLTV Importer directory (with the GuideData folder not wiped out) and your XMLTV File zipped to lmgestion@hotmail.com and tell me what rules doesn't work.
On its way to you
Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Sage User

The force EPG update quit working for me. When I test connection, it says "connection succeeded", but when I force update, it says "connection failed"

This has been working flawlessly for a long time, and I am not sure when it quit working. I am using the latest webserver and latest sage beta. Also, I can force the update remotely with the webserver, just not with your import tool.

Any ideas?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh9man View Post
The force EPG update quit working for me. When I test connection, it says "connection succeeded", but when I force update, it says "connection failed"
You can review the Windows Event Viewer, the error will be detailed.

If the connection does succeed but the update fails, then I guess the latest Web Server plugin may have changed the address of the page responsible for the update, it should be : "http://servername:8080/sage/ForceEpgUpdate"

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hello,

You can review the Windows Event Viewer, the error will be detailed.

If the connection does succeed but the update fails, then I guess the latest Web Server plugin may have changed the address of the page responsible for the update, it should be : "http://servername:8080/sage/ForceEpgUpdate"

Regards,
Stéphane.
This is what I get when I go to that page with Sage Webserver version 2.18

404 Not found
Rogatkin's JWS based on Acme.Serve $Revision: 1.24 $

I think the updated version is this:

"http://servername:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=ForceEpgUpdate"

Technazz
Old 09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
http://servername:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=ForceEpgUpdate
As the URL is harcoded in the Importer, it will not work. I will update the upcoming version to include the full URL of the update command (or something like that...)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Best way of handeling +1 channels?

Hi,

Does anyone have an opinion on the best way to handle +1 channels? Marking them all as repeats doesn't seem possible with this tool and as I understand it wouldn't stop most programs from being recorded twice anyway because something has to be a series before Sage will only record 1 show with the same episode ID. I don't really mind if Sage records some things twice, but it is a pain having to resolve the conflicts that +1 channels and repeats show up - I would rather that Sage just saw repeats with the same ID as a lower priority to record, so if a show doesn't record properly the first time the re-run may still be recorded.

Actually it would be nice if Sage could record repeats if:
(a) it can get the show with all the padding and the current recording is missing padding.

or

(b) if the current recording is detected to have bits missing due to recording errors

This last bit isn't anything to do with this importer of course :-)
Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Hi Stéphane

I have recently downloaded the newest copy of SageTV 6.2 and the newest XMLTV SageTV Importer from your website.
(had the SageTV 5.x and the old Importer from last year before)

But now SageTV will record shows / series which have already been recorded...
How do I avoid that? Is it something wrong with the XML file which gets imported, or what??
The series name, episode and description is the same, but somehow SageTV see it as a new show.
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Tim Nielsen
Denmark
Old 09-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Hello Tim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse4ever View Post
I have recently downloaded .../... the newest XMLTV SageTV Importer from your website. .../... now SageTV will record shows / series which have already been recorded .../... The series name, episode and description is the same, but somehow SageTV see it as a new show.
A great deal of changes have been introduced in the Importer since last year. Especially regarding XMLTV files with no episode titles. Previously the Importer was always trying to create a series for a show (and thus using EP prefix for EPGID), whereas now a show has to specifically categorized as a series or has to have an episode title, if not then the show gets a SH prefix for EPGID.

So I suppose that if you don't have any ep. title, your shows does switched from "EP" prefix, to "SH" prefix and as such the watched status is lost.

For those shows, you can create a rule specifying that this show does have first run and it will switch to "EP".

In the upcoming version of the Importer, you'll be able to force "EP" for a whole category.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Sage User

Hi Stéphane

Thanks for your answer
Regarding the ep title, I have noticed that everything is the same as our old setup.

There is the following info : The Title, Episode nr., Description, Category

Regarding the importer I have selected the "based on ep title or program description".
Can it be something with the keywords or the categories which get's mixed up?

Secondly, I am not seeing the same screenshots as on this help url within our program?
http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22...icle.asp#RULES

If you wan't a look at our XML file, you might see what's our problem may bee.
Thx. in advance

/Tim

Last edited by eclipse4ever; 09-27-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Regarding the ep title, I have noticed that everything is the same as our old setup.
Except the Importer As I said from version 1.x to version 2.6, many things have changed.

Quote:
Regarding the importer I have selected the "based on ep title or program description". Can it be something with the keywords or the categories which get's mixed up?
I don't think so. However what is exactly your problem. From your previous description I understood that:

- Some old episodes recorded with your previous setup are now recorded again. Is this the correct problem ?

- Or the new setup didn't record old episodes, but instead record more episodes than necessary ?

If this is the first case, and you actually do have an old recorded episode and the newly recorded copy, I'll need you to take a look at the EPGID of both episodes (you can view this information in SageTV by selecting "View recording detail", the scroll the information pane to view the ShowID). And let me know the EPGID / title / ep.title / ep.number of both shows.

Quote:
Secondly, I am not seeing the same screenshots as on this help url within our program? http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22...icle.asp#RULES
The screenshots are not always accurate You can go to the rules editor by clicking on the "Show Rules" button within the classical interface of the Importer.

Anyway, I'll upload the version 2.7 in a few days, it does contains some fixes and improvments, and it may very well resolve your issue.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Sage User

Hi Stéphane

That is correct, the problem is that Sage records first and reruns.
First I thought it was only recordings from my old setup which would be re recorded with the new setup. But now I can see that shows recorded this week is getting recorded again this weekend as a new recording.

I have recorded the episode 9 of the series "24" this monday and here is the Show ID: EP0001280005

The XML file is showed below :

<programme start="20070924225000 +0200" stop="20070924233500 +0200" channel="001.tv.tv2.dk">
<title lang="da">24 timer</title>
<title>24</title>
<desc lang="da">Amerikansk spændingsserie. 14.00-15.00: Uroen i Det Hvide Hus fortsætter, og flere af præsidentens nærmeste medarbejdere tager skarpt afstand til landets antiterrorpolitik. Trods modstanden er præsidenten dog fast besluttet på at fortsætte samarbejdet med Assad, uvidende om, at hans bagland planlægger at vælte ham af præsidentposten. Samtidig begynder det at gå op for CTU, at den russiske general Gredenko er mere involveret i Fayeds terrorplaner end først forventet. Uventet afslører Graems kone, Marilyn, over for Jack, at hun muligvis ved, hvor de kan finde Gredenko, men Jacks far, Philip, tvinger hende i stedet til at lede Jack i baghold.</desc>
<credits>
<actor>Kiefer Sutherland</actor>
<actor>Mary Lynn Rajskub</actor>
<actor>James Morrison</actor>
</credits>
<category>series</category>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns"> . 8 . </episode-num>
<video>
<present>yes</present>
<colour>yes</colour>
<aspect>4:3</aspect>
</video>
<audio>
<present>yes</present>
<stereo>stereo</stereo>
</audio>
</programme>

This is how the above recorded episode look like in the XML file exported from the "sage recordings" within the SageTV Web server

- <show epgId="EP0001280005">
<title>24 timer</title>
<episode>Episode 9</episode>
<category>Series</category>
<description>Amerikansk spændingsserie. 14.00-15.00: Uroen i Det Hvide Hus fortsætter, og flere af præsidentens nærmeste medarbejdere tager skarpt afstand til landets antiterrorpolitik. Trods modstanden er præsidenten dog fast besluttet på at fortsætte samarbejdet med Assad, uvidende om, at hans bagland planlægger at vælte ham af præsidentposten. Samtidig begynder det at gå op for CTU, at den russiske general Gredenko er mere involveret i Fayeds terrorplaner end først forventet. Uventet afslører Graems kone, Marilyn, over for Jack, at hun muligvis ved, hvor de kan finde Gredenko, men Jacks far, Philip, tvinger hende i stedet til at lede Jack i baghold.</description>
- <peopleList>
<person role="Actor">Kiefer Sutherland</person>
<person role="Actor">Mary Lynn Rajskub</person>
<person role="Actor">James Morrison</person>
</peopleList>
<originalAirDate>2006-10-01T22:00:00.00Z</originalAirDate>
<misc>4:3, stereo</misc>
- <airing channelId="112545" duration="2700" favoriteId="101151" sageDbId="747173" startTime="2007-09-24T20:50:00.00Z">
<stereo />
- <mediafile duration="2940" sageDbId="760626" startTime="2007-09-24T20:48:00.00Z" type="TV">
- <segmentList>
<segment duration="2940" filePath="D:\MediaCenter\SageTV\24timer-Episode9-747173-0.mpg" startTime="2007-09-24T20:48:00.00Z" />
</segmentList>
</mediafile>
</airing>
</show>

Now this saturday I can see that the same episode is showed (rerun) and Sage realy want's to record it. I get's a completely different ID, here is the Show ID: EP0002760002

The XML file is showed below :

<programme start="20070929235000 +0200" stop="20070930004000 +0200" channel="001.tv.tv2.dk">
<title lang="da">24 timer</title>
<title>24</title>
<desc lang="da">Amerikansk spændingsserie. 14.00-15.00: Uroen i Det Hvide Hus fortsætter, og flere af præsidentens nærmeste medarbejdere tager skarpt afstand til landets antiterrorpolitik. Trods modstanden er præsidenten dog fast besluttet på at fortsætte samarbejdet med Assad, uvidende om, at hans bagland planlægger at vælte ham af præsidentposten. Samtidig begynder det at gå op for CTU, at den russiske general Gredenko er mere involveret i Fayeds terrorplaner end først forventet. Uventet afslører Graems kone, Marilyn, over for Jack, at hun muligvis ved, hvor de kan finde Gredenko, men Jacks far, Philip, tvinger hende i stedet til at lede Jack i baghold.</desc>
<credits>
<actor>Kiefer Sutherland</actor>
<actor>Mary Lynn Rajskub</actor>
<actor>James Morrison</actor>
</credits>
<category>series</category>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns"> . 8 . </episode-num>
<video>
<present>yes</present>
<colour>yes</colour>
<aspect>4:3</aspect>
</video>
<audio>
<present>yes</present>
<stereo>stereo</stereo>
</audio>
<previously-shown />
</programme>

This is how the above rerun look like in the XML file exported from the "recording schedule" within the SageTV Web server

- <show epgId="EP0002760002">
<title>24 timer</title>
<episode>Episode 9</episode>
<category>Series</category>
<description>Amerikansk spændingsserie. 14.00-15.00: Uroen i Det Hvide Hus fortsætter, og flere af præsidentens nærmeste medarbejdere tager skarpt afstand til landets antiterrorpolitik. Trods modstanden er præsidenten dog fast besluttet på at fortsætte samarbejdet med Assad, uvidende om, at hans bagland planlægger at vælte ham af præsidentposten. Samtidig begynder det at gå op for CTU, at den russiske general Gredenko er mere involveret i Fayeds terrorplaner end først forventet. Uventet afslører Graems kone, Marilyn, over for Jack, at hun muligvis ved, hvor de kan finde Gredenko, men Jacks far, Philip, tvinger hende i stedet til at lede Jack i baghold.</description>
- <peopleList>
<person role="Actor">Kiefer Sutherland</person>
<person role="Actor">Mary Lynn Rajskub</person>
<person role="Actor">James Morrison</person>
</peopleList>
<originalAirDate>2007-08-25T22:00:00.00Z</originalAirDate>
<misc>4:3, stereo</misc>
- <airing channelId="112545" duration="3000" favoriteId="101151" sageDbId="795958" startTime="2007-09-29T21:50:00.00Z">
<stereo />
</airing>
</show>

I can't see any difference in those two XML exported files from the SageTV Web Server?

Shall I provide the information I see within the SageTV webserver instead??
(I can give you access for it by email)
Is this all the info you requested, if not, please don't hesitate to ask for more

BR

/Tim Nielsen

Last edited by eclipse4ever; 09-27-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Hello Tim,
Quote:
Shall I provide the information I see within the SageTV webserver instead?? (I can give you access for it by email) Is this all the info you requested, if not, please don't hesitate to ask for more
Humm, it's not expected that the EPGID be that different (the first numbers should be the same).

Anyway, I just uploaded version 2.7 of the Importer, and as it contains already some fixes, you'll first have to update to this version.

If this doesn't fix the problem, please send me your XMLTV file zipped at lmgestion@hotmail.com

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Sage User

Hi Stéphane

I have sent you an email.
Still have the strange problem regarding old shows getting recorded again as it was new, secondly the new version 2.7 mixes up some of the old recordings, changing the "original title" so that it seems to be another show??
Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Still have the strange problem regarding old shows getting recorded again as it was new, secondly the new version 2.7 mixes up some of the old recordings, changing the "original title" so that it seems to be another show??
I've tested your XMLTV file and responded to you by e-mail.

Anyway, your XMLTV file is processing well (allthough there is many conflicts and oddities here and there). So you should get consistent EPGID for series. I'm guessing that there is a problem in your lookup.xml file and I will investigate this further.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Sage User

Hello:

Just wondering if someone may have any ideas.

I have a couple of lineups imported from Schedule Direct and one other from MyTheatre. The parental controls in SageTv work fine on the channels imported from MyTheatre but I can't seem to get them to work on the lineups imported from Schedule Direct.
I checked the XML from the grabber and the rating tags and ratings are present in the file for the programs in question.
I am not sure where else to check to see what is happening.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.