SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Unfortunately a choice has to be made : either the description is the most important information or it is the episode title. Of course this is the episode title that is the most valuable information because the description is more subject to changes for the same episode.

What would be logical in this particular case is that the episode title carry the "Game 1" and "Game 2".

Even in the upcoming version you'll not be able to modify this behavior with the "rules editor" that will let you tweak the identity detection (because ep. title has priority).
The problem is, that these types of shows shoud not be getting categorized as "episodes" Each game should be a seperate special event, and I would guess that it wouldn't be hard to force that based on a category of "Sports Event" which pretty much all live games carry in the tag. With the way it is done now, every time a team faces another again, it will likely get flagged as a repeat... and if you archive games it will not record as it will think that "episode" is still on the system.

Quote:
The picked up show is not any airings : it is one show that should be on air at 8:00 pm (local time of the XMLTV file), so the idea is that you verify that on that channel at this time (local time for you) the show picked up by the Importer is the right one and not the other way around. If this is not the right show, then you really have to take a look at the XMLTV file to find out what time zone is used (the Importer assume that the XMLTV file use the same one as your PC)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Ok, but it only shows you the XML channel name which doesn't have a whole lot of meaning... so you need to open the xml file or channel editor to see which channel that actually is. And then there are instances of where a show comes on with multiple episodes back to back or a few hours apart, so how do I know which is the one the importer is looking at?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
Is there a way of confirming this is working? e.g it has successfully connected to the server and done the update?
You can check the Windows Event Viewer : it will show you all the Import step and will tell you if it cannot contact the Web Server plugin.

Allthough the Importer currently don't know if the data were loaded correctly by SageTV. To know if all is ok with the guide data loading, you'll have to check the file sagetv.plugin.log in the [Common App Data]\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\GuideData folder.

Quote:
I've been running the importer and refreshing the webserver home page when the import has completed but the update status doesn't change and there is nothing in the log. The URL, Login and password are correct.
The web server plugin is only called upon an automated update (that is if you load the SageTV XMLTV Importer UI and click on the "Import" button, it will not force the update into SageTV).

Also don't forget that the username and password for the Web server plugin are case sensitive.

Quote:
Could we have a button to 'check webserver update" to save running the whole import each time. Waiting until the auto run executes and finding it hasn't worked is isn't good
I don't see why this would be required. First you don't have to run the whole import each time. The task done in the XMLTV Importer GUI has only to be run once (each time the XMLTV file change), this task create XML files in the GuideData folder and those files will be loaded by SageTV. Once these file are created the only thing you have to do is either wait for SageTV to automatically load them (every 24 hours) or force the EPG update into SageTV by either using the Web server plugin "Force update" feature or disabling / enabling a channel into SageTV (or of course let the Importer use the "Force update" feature of the Web Server plugin after each automated import).

If your data are not loaded after each automated import then there is a configuration problem and you should review the event viewer log and the sagetv.plugin.log files to see where can be the problem.

Common problems will be in the SageTV Java plugin configuration :

* does the sagetv.properties file contains the XMLTVImportPlugin declaration?
* does the xmltv.properties file contains the right path to the GuideData folder?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
The problem is, that these types of shows shoud not be getting categorized as "episodes" Each game should be a seperate special event, and I would guess that it wouldn't be hard to force that based on a category of "Sports Event" which pretty much all live games carry in the tag.
I'll think about it in a future version.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hello,

The web server plugin is only called upon an automated update (that is if you load the SageTV XMLTV Importer UI and click on the "Import" button, it will not force the update into SageTV).

I don't see why this would be required. First you don't have to run the whole import each time. The task done in the XMLTV Importer GUI has only to be run once (each time the XMLTV file change), this task create XML files in the GuideData folder and those files will be loaded by SageTV. Once these file are created the only thing you have to do is either wait for SageTV to automatically load them (every 24 hours) or force the EPG update into SageTV by either using the Web server plugin "Force update" feature or disabling / enabling a channel into SageTV (or of course let the Importer use the "Force update" feature of the Web Server plugin after each automated import).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Yes happy and aware of all that. If the webserver is being used to force the update the easy way to confirm that its worked is to goto the home page and it will tell you when the last update was done.

But when you have entered the username and password for the first time the only way to check that it is correct is to go to scheduled tasks and set the time to a few minutes ahead and wait for the update to run and check the webserver and then don't forget to go back to scheduled tasks and reset the time. It would be easier if there was a way within the importer to test the update worked by a 'test update now' button. Or force it just after the 'import' is run.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

I cannot get the rules to work for me.

I have set a program as a generic (record all airings), and yet it will not record it.

Its marked with a white border, but its not on the recordings list (future).

The recording should take place on friday night.
The favorite is set to recrod first + reruns.

How can I debug what is happening?
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
I have set a program as a generic (record all airings), and yet it will not record it. Its marked with a white border, but its not on the recordings list (future).The favorite is set to recrod first + reruns.
The "Generic" settings will force shows without episode title to have an EPGID that begins with "SH".

When you create a show rule, you have to run the Import again and force the guide data update in SageTV, then you can check if the show that should be recorded does have an EPGID that begins with "SH" (even if SageTV doen't currently mark the show as scheduled it will in a few days depending on the lookahead for scheduling recordings : usually three days)

Note: there is no first run / rerun status for "SH" shows (that is: there is no original air date set for these shows even if one can be found)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is very strange,

I see that a lot of shows get the - Movie category in them, and I am not putting it there.

This show also has the movie category, while it is not a movie, and it is not shown as a movie, in the epgdata.xml

The showID is MOV001597009, clearly not what I expect.

I have checked the rule, imported and then updated the epg in sage (using the web server).

I have taken out all the keywords from the xmltvimporter GUI (replacent for movie, sport, seiries, part (they are all blank now)

To no avail, it does not work

Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I see that a lot of shows get the - Movie category in them, and I am not putting it there. This show also has the movie category, while it is not a movie, and it is not shown as a movie, in the epgdata.xml. The showID is MOV001597009, clearly not what I expect.
If the show is having a movie category it's either because the xmltv category can be matched to it, or you are using Zap2it data and the ID of the show begings with "MV" (in the XMLTV file).

You'll have to review either the simple keywords or the category editor (the keywords are not used at all if you have customized the categories in the category editor)

Also note that shows are not changing existing IDs that easily. So if you use the "Generic" option it will only change the ID of new shows (for the Importer), I'll see if I can change that.

If you don't mind loosing your watched / not watched status in SageTV you can delete the "lookup.xml" file (in the settings folder of the Importer) and re-run the Import, this way you'll get new show ids for sure.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you don't mind loosing your watched / not watched status in SageTV you can delete the "lookup.xml" file (in the settings folder of the Importer) and re-run the Import, this way you'll get new show ids for sure.

Regards,
Stéphane.
where is this file located??? i do not know where the setting dir is

Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
where is this file located??? i do not know where the setting dir is
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\
Old 04-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

nope did not work.

still getting the same even after i delteed that file.
different id though (stil MVO)
MVO0005600002

any other thoughts.

checked the info in the original xml epgdata.xml, and it shows two categories there (both the same):
(they are in hebrew) - translated: entrtaiment

Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
still getting the same even after i delteed that file.
different id though (stil MVO) MVO0005600002
Then you'll have to review the setup of your categories. You can delete the categories.xml file, this way only the keywords for "movie", "series", "sport" and "infos" are used.

The problem is that if your show can be seen as a movie it will get a "MV" EPGID whatever you can choose otherwise.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well no go even now.

I deleted the lookup.xml and categories.xml and found that ALL the shows are imported with MOV as the header for showid, this I believe is not ok.

Also now that I found the log I am seeing some errors init, maybe they contribute (because they are not on the show we discussed before):

XML

Code:

<programme start="20070429150000 +0000" stop="20070429153000 +0000" channel="183.tv2day.co.il">
  <title lang="he_IL">יושי הנסיכה הקסומה</title>
  <sub-title lang="he_IL">19 פרק</sub-title>
  <desc lang="he_IL">יושי היא נערה בת 17 שכישוף השאיר אותה בגוף של בת 10. אם תזכה בתחרות ותצליח להיות נסיכת הפלטינה תוכל להשתחרר מהכישוף, אך כיצד כשהיא בגוף של ילדה. 26 פרקים. סטודיו GAINAX אנגלית: Yushi</desc>
  <category lang="he_IL">סדרות</category>
  <category lang="he_IL">סדרות</category>
 </programme>
Error:
Code:

<event id="501" type="Error" occured="200705010747">
    <message>Unexpected Error. Can't import 'יושי הנסיכה הקסומה'
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer&amp; number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt64(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at STVXMLTVImport.XMLTVImporter.AddProgram(ProgramInfo&amp; programInfo)
   at STVXMLTVImport.XMLTVImporter.AddChannelPrograms(ChannelInfo channelInfo, DateTime importDate)</message>
    <param name="title">יושי הנסיכה הקסומה</param>
  </event>

Could you take a look at the epgdata.xml I uploaded?
Attached Files
File Type: zip EPGdata.zip (269.0 KB, 15534 views)

Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I deleted the lookup.xml and categories.xml and found that ALL the shows are imported with MOV as the header for showid, this I believe is not ok.
I'm sorry but when I try the xmltv file you posted here, only one shows get recognized as a movie : "מדברים סרטים" (this is because its category does contain "Film" and this is one of the keyword I use)

So there is clearly something wrong in your setup. You should really review what your are using as keywords for movie / sport / serie and news.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

do all or most of the showid start with a mov? (not sh) header? and is that ok?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
do all or most of the showid start with a mov? (not sh) header? and is that ok?
I don't understand your question.

* the "MV" prefix is for movies only
* the "EP" prefix is for shows with episodes (so mainly series)
* the "SH" prefix is for shows without enough details to tell them apart from each other (so mainly short programs, news etc..)

The Importer should assign a majority of "EP" prefixes by default. And this is exactly what it does with your XMLTV file when the Importer is properfly set up (that is with the right keyword used for movie / serie / sport and news or a correctly tuned categories list).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'll explain more, I get the headers now.

I now see EP,and MV but no SH.

I thought that if I define a rule, to explicitaly set a show as always record it will make it SH.

I do not see that, I will attach gthe rules to this message, question is, in which file should it appear (on disk in the GuideData directory)

I am attaching all the prefrences, and the result after importing, so that the importer files are created.

Can you take a look and see if its ok?
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV XMLTV Importer-prefs.zip (161.0 KB, 233 views)

Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I thought that if I define a rule, to explicitaly set a show as always record it will make it SH.
In your case the two show that you want to begin with "SH" does have an ep.title, so it will not work anyways. the "SH" prefix will only be forced for shows that doesn't have an ep. title (because if they do have an ep. title they are clearly episodes of a series...)

Besides that the two errors you are receiving are for those two shows, so you'll have to wait for the next version of the Importer for a fix for this error. With this error : your show will not be imported (and whatever what left from a previous import isn't overwritten).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

would it be possible to have the importer add the show as sh, even if it does not oblige by this rule??

I mean, if i make a rule, I want it to stick no matter what.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider adding this functionality.
Thanks,
Alon24

Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 AM

I can't get it to work in Vista. It all goes dandy, but when I try to import the data into Sage, it won't. I select 'use xmltv data', then cable, use postal 0000 like I did in XP, and it won't show me the XMLTV lineup to download. Any thoughts on what it could be?