SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage User

xbox scene--look for the information there.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc16
Can anyone point me towards info on how to do the software mod?
http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft...0_minutes.html
Old 03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
Do you have this set up so you can jump straight into it, or do you have to go through XBMC, then browse to the SageTV.py file and run it manually? If so, how?

Also, is it just me, or does it take a very long time to pull up the list of recordings and movies? It takes almost a full minute for both on my system. Of course, it's better than nothing, but performance is going to be an issue.

Thanks for the hard work!
I personally have it so that XBMC is my startup dashboard and I have created a button in the menu that launches the script. You can see in the screenshot I attached that I have a My TV button in XMBC that I added by editing the XboxMediaCenter.xml file.
Add something like this:
<button>
<description>My TV</description>
<label>My TV</label>
<execute>Q:\scripts\SageTV\SageTV.py</execute>
<icon>105</icon>
</button>
in the <homebuttons> section. Easy as that.

As far as the performance goes, is anyone else experiencing really slow load times? I have it setup to only get a max of 100 listings when loading any of those screens in hopes to prevent long load times. It takes about 3 seconds for my Movies screen to load, so close to a minute is not right. My Recorded TV is very limited, so it takes no time at all for that, but I have no content so I don't know what the average load time is for others. Do you have version 2.6 of the webserver installed? I'm not sure why it would be so slow.

Hope I can help you up your performance somehow,
Coolwave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XBMCMain.JPG (25.6 KB, 1207 views)
Old 03-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can get the script working in so far as I can see my recordings and descriptions, but when I try to watch a recording I get a "Stream Failed" error. . . Anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77
I can get the script working in so far as I can see my recordings and descriptions, but when I try to watch a recording I get a "Stream Failed" error. . . Anyone else have this problem?
Are you only able to see the Recent and Upcoming recordings? Can you drill down to the full list of recordings? I ask because I had similar trouble while I was trying to figure out how to get this working and installed it in the wrong place. I had copied the contents of the SageTV folder to the XBMC scripts folder, instead of copying the whole folder structure. Once I fixed that, the "Stream Failed" errors went away.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
Are you only able to see the Recent and Upcoming recordings? Can you drill down to the full list of recordings? I ask because I had similar trouble while I was trying to figure out how to get this working and installed it in the wrong place. I had copied the contents of the SageTV folder to the XBMC scripts folder, instead of copying the whole folder structure. Once I fixed that, the "Stream Failed" errors went away.
Thanks for the info. Because of the way you fixed it, I'm guessing he either does not have the Images folder or the script was not edited properly and the default location of Q:\scripts\SageTV\Images\ is not where the script is installed, so you can check that the script is pointing to the right place.

The way it works when you play a file is that the stream is added to a playlist which is stored in the Images folder. This hopefully means that when I've got time to try to add playlist support it will be easy to do as all I should have to do is not call the play command until everything is added to the playlist that you want to play.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Sage User

I just thought I would mention that I am streaming the video wirelessly from my pc to my xbox via 802.11g with no buffering at all once the clip starts. THe quality of the recording is the default 2g/hr. I just thought I would share for anyone else who is considering this. It can be done.

Keep up the good work on the project!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

So can this mod play live tv over the xbox or is it just for recorded shows?
Old 03-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Expert

What's Live TV?
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 03-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
My screen load times vary. Sometimes within a second other times it can take up to 10 seconds, but never more than that. I haven't really noticed a pattern though. It seems a bit random, and I attributed it to network lag, but maybe not. My Xbox is hardwired, but my Sage Server is wireless G-plus using the linksys SRX400.

I use the 2.4G/hr setting with a 2560 buffer. I very rarley have any rebuffering when watching anything.

You can't watch live TV with this script, I don't even think the webserver script this runs off allows for that.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage User

I could see the possibility of quazi live tv?! Right now, you are able to record a show, and then begin to watch the recording right after this, while it is still recording. The problem is, it seems like something on the line is just passing the length of the recording, so, for example, say you started watching your recording a minute after you begin to record. Well, the video will only run for a minute, even though, at that point you will have more than just that minute recorded.

Also, you would be limited to that recording, no changing channels.

But i guess theres a possibility of having a "Live TV" button in the script which will begin the recording and immediately start to play it back on the xbox, if/when that end time thing is worked out.

And, if i read some of the other threads correctly, there isn't any way to place any type of onscreen gui just through the xbox python scripts, so changing channels might be difficult too!

But then again, i could be completely wrong with all of this
Old 03-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys. I fixed my "Stream Failed" issue. It was a bonehead thing like you said. My .py file was pointing to the wrong place.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

As long as Sage is currently recording a show, you can watch it. I confirmed this when I installed it - Monk was being recorded, and I could start watching it from the XBox.

What you can't do is select a live program to watch (i.e. bring up a guide and pick a program).
Old 03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Sage User

This thread is making me want to buy an xbox.

Im curious, can the xbox handle nero digital files?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to janzik Send a message via AIM to janzik Send a message via MSN to janzik Send a message via Yahoo to janzik
I just wanted to say I tried the script and it works great. The only problem I had was with a ~6 gig file (The 2 hour CSI from last week @ the highest quality). Other than it works pretty darn good so far.

One of the features I would like to see is the ability to group shows together. (like Sage already does).

Before this script I was simply just streaming my shows over XBMC, but when you have a single folder filled with 30 or so items, it gets to be a pita to find what you want.

Anyway, great job so far, I look forward to more updates!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janzik
I just wanted to say I tried the script and it works great. The only problem I had was with a ~6 gig file (The 2 hour CSI from last week @ the highest quality). Other than it works pretty darn good so far.

One of the features I would like to see is the ability to group shows together. (like Sage already does).

Before this script I was simply just streaming my shows over XBMC, but when you have a single folder filled with 30 or so items, it gets to be a pita to find what you want.

Anyway, great job so far, I look forward to more updates!
Thanks for making your first post in my thread! I appreciate the feedback and I can tell you right now that Grouping by Title is already working pretty well for me. I have quite a few other things I need to finish up before I can release a new version since there are some other things that are broken right now in my version. As far as that CSI episode goes, I really have no idea how playback works other than I just point it at a file and tell XBMC to take over from there. Hope that helps, haha.

Edit:
I just want to add a note about support for Live TV. I haven't had a lot of time to play around with the playback of shows currently recording and didn't even know that it only plays up to the time recorded when you first hit play, so I hope I can change that but don't know for sure. What I can tell you is that I don't plan on adding a direct way of starting up Live TV as I don't know of any way that it would be possible to change the channel without stopping playback first.

I love hearing from you guys and I can't wait until I can impress you even more.
Coolwave

Last edited by Coolwave; 03-05-2006 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Add info about Live TV
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Sage Expert

OK... just finished softmodding my XBOX. XBMC is very cool. I FTP'd the SageTV folder (containing SageTV.py and an Images directory) to E:\xbmc\scripts (which apparently becomes Q: while running XBMC). So it now is at E:\xbmc\scripts\SageTV. I can view all of my shows but watching them results in the "Stream Failed" message that soulprops77 was getting. The .py file specifies Q:\\scripts\\SageTV\\Images. I've also tried Q:\\SageTV\\Images with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
OK... just finished softmodding my XBOX. XBMC is very cool. I FTP'd the SageTV folder (containing SageTV.py and an Images directory) to E:\xbmc\scripts (which apparently becomes Q: while running XBMC). So it now is at E:\xbmc\scripts\SageTV. I can view all of my shows but watching them results in the "Stream Failed" message that soulprops77 was getting. The .py file specifies Q:\\scripts\\SageTV\\Images. I've also tried Q:\\SageTV\\Images with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!
Add \\ to the end of that to make it Q:\\scripts\\SageTV\\Images\\
Old 03-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Sage Expert

The ending \\ is actually there... I just forgot to put it in the post. It reads Q:\\scripts\SageTV\\Images\\

I'm using UNC paths (if it matters) and can play files through the My Videos section.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Check your private messages.