SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

My log file ended up in my Sage Directory!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any chance of it handling multiple queues? That would really help the WAF.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

You and your wife have separate queues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
Any chance of it handling multiple queues? That would really help the WAF.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-11-2006, 03:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

What did the log file have to say? I double checked, and I did have 1.4 compatability enabled, so I don't think that is the issue.

The seperate queues are a bit lower on the list for now. It has some usability issues before I can get to that. But I am interested in getting to that eventually.

I uploaded a new version. No major fixes. There is a boatload of new code, but it is for stuff that doesn't show up in the interface yet. It does a full scape of the netflix movie data now, so it can show other's votes, retain your votes, parses out the html and such from the movie data, determines if there is a trailer, pretty much all of it. The cache takes much longer to build now though. It makes the UI faster to use though, so it is a one time pain. After that it behaves a bit more gracefully.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarF
What did the log file have to say? I double checked, and I did have 1.4 compatability enabled, so I don't think that is the issue.
Still no love. I've tried changing the location of the cache dir and tht did not help. And I've double checked that all of your required JAR files are in the JARs directory of my Sage installation. But I can't get it working.

I've put your Netflix properties in both sage.properties and SageClient.properties, but that didn't seem to help, either.

I do not get a log file in either the Sage TV directory or the cache directory defined on the plugin configuration screen. I also get no Channels listed on the Channels screen (if I press the Channels button on the configuration screen).

Something is not right, but I'm not sure what. Any thoughts?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Here are my settings from my properties file that gave me the logfile in the Sage directory... I thought it would have gone in the cache dir, but oh well...
Code:
plugins/netflix/Channel/1052=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/2108=hide
plugins/netflix/Channel/296=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/302=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/306=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/307=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/315=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/326=hide
plugins/netflix/Channel/330=hide
plugins/netflix/Channel/338=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/343=hide
plugins/netflix/Channel/355=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/371=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/373=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/379=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/380=hide
plugins/netflix/Channel/387=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/623=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/864=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/NewReleasesRSS=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/QueueRSS=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/RecommendationsRSS=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/Top100RSS=show
plugins/netflix/Channel/TrackingRSS=show
plugins/netflix/NetFlixCacheDir=C\:\\temp\\netflix
plugins/netflix/NetFlixID_01=MyID00000000
plugins/netflix/NetFlixLogFile=log.txt
plugins/netflix/NetFlixLoggerDebug=true
plugins/netflix/NetFlixLoggerStream=file
plugins/netflix/NetFlixPassword=Mypass
plugins/netflix/NetFlixProxyPort=
plugins/netflix/NetFlixProxyURL=
plugins/netflix/NetFlixUsername=my@email.address
plugins/netflix/ShowDescInChannel=true
plugins/netflix/ShowPicsInChannel=true
Old 02-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ah, looks like I am missing the
"plugins/netflix/NetFlixLogFile=log.txt" property. I didn't see that property noted in DwarF's configuration instructions (he indicates the file will be named "sage.netflix.log"). But, I am going to add this property and see how it goes.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet
Ah, looks like I am missing the
"plugins/netflix/NetFlixLogFile=log.txt" property. I didn't see that property noted in DwarF's configuration instructions (he indicates the file will be named "sage.netflix.log"). But, I am going to add this property and see how it goes.
Well, still no luck. I set the Log file property and didn't see anything show up in either the Sage directory or the Netflix Cache directory.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
You and your wife have separate queues?
Girlfriend, but yes, we do. That way neither of us gets blocked if the other doesn't watch/return their movies quickly. It's a very nice NetFlix feature, especially for families on some of the higher volume plans (I'm on 4 at a time).
Old 02-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Spacecadet,

Do you want to work this out in real-time? If you enable your private messages, I will send you my IM contact info.

DwarF
Old 02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Spacecadet,

Do you want to work this out in real-time? If you enable your private messages, I will send you my IM contact info.

DwarF
Thanks! Sounds like a good offer. I've turned on my Private Messaging, so send me the info and we can figure out a time to check this out.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have uploaded a new version. It's a new jar and a new netflix.xml

This one has several improvements:
Can see other Movie's Star Rating
Can see your own Star Rating for the movie
Descriptions no longer have html encoded gibberish
Movie details include actors
Movie details include director
Movie details include MPAA rating
Queue Manipulation is improved
Lots of little navigation stuff to make it easier to use, I still want to do more here, but I am done for the night.

cheers,
DwarF
Old 02-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Oh boy. I probably didn't turn on 1.4 compatability when I compiled it.

The file would be in your cache dir.

I will make it 1.4 compatable this weekend.
Well. I've finally got the NetFlix plugin working. I upgrading to Java 1.5 to address some issues with the Placeshifter and now the Netflix plugin is working. So, looks like you need Java 1.5 to get this up running.

I must say that now that I have this running, I'm pretty excited to give this a try. Thanks again for your hard work!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Overall, I think the functionality is great. I have just a quick comment on the navigation, though. When I am in any of the channels other than my queue (for example, Recent Activity or Top 100), navigation with my remote becomes impossible. The only way to return to the main channels screen is using the "Back" command, which I had to do using "Alt-Left" on the keyboard. Using only the remote I could not get back to the main screen. It would be good if there was a button on this screen that could be clicked to take you back to the Main screen. If I am missing something here, let me know.

All in all, though, I liked it. I thought the Queue manipulation stuff was very functional and is going to work great for me.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

You should be able to use your left button to get back. I hear you on the suggestion though. I think the version out there has an "options" menu that takes you back to the all channels list too.

I have a later version that allows for searches based on movie title and actor that I would like to get integrated with NeilM's IMDB plugin, but I need to get this thing STVi'ed first. For me to get it STVi'ed, I need to remove all the custom theme stuff I have put in there. I think I am going to get rid of the keyboard interface for entering stuff (id, email, password, etc) and use NeilM's "paste from clipboard" interface. I just haven't had time to add all of that yet.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:19 AM

Hi,

Wonderful plugin. I do have one issue however and I have not seen it discussed yet.

I am able to get everything up and running, the inital cache build appears to be successful, hovever on every page anytime I select an action such as scrolling down or even just ckicking anywhere on the screen, the Sage working icon pops for a a bit and then goes away. This happens every time I try to navigate etc.. making this a painfully slow process.

Also, there are no movies whatsoever showing up in the queue. All other categories have data, just not the queue.

I took a look at the log file and I see a number of entries referring to an RSS parsing error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by asv-tech; 03-01-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I did find a problem where it was going back to the website repeatedly for information under certain circumstances and I think you fall into that category. Everything is relative to your queue. If a movie is going to show up as in your queue in any channel, it has to know what's in your queue.

View Channel -> View Movie -> (am I queued?) -> get Queue -> I am expired or empty -> get queue from website -> Error (repeat for every movie in a channel because of the error)

Most of the time, your queue is cached until you change it, or you roll over midnight. Because you are getting errors, it is constantly trying to get your queue. So, the lag is probably caused by the plugin re-accessing NetFlix to get your queue, because it is is having a repeated parsing error.

If you could attach your log (read it and edit for any password information, which I shouldn't be logging, but just in case) I will take a look.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The seperate queues are a bit lower on the list for now. It has some usability issues before I can get to that. But I am interested in getting to that eventually.
Dwarf,
Count me in for being interested in multiple queues. I created another profile on our Netflix account yesterday so that I can finally get some movies delivered that I want to see.

Still anticipating the stvi, sounds like you are keeping up with the good work.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:26 PM

Hi,

Here's the log file.

Thanks,

Mark

Netflix.txt
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Do you view Netflix in a language other than English? This looks like an error from a double byte language.